Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide

Read 314103 times
      DontBuyTheSun
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Re: Don't Buy The S*n - The Guide
      Reply #92: Oct 15, 2007 12:18:03 pm
      The guy is a leg-end here's another

NINETY-SIX DEAD: NO-ONE TO BLAME

"THEY ROBBED THEIR OWN DEAD. WHAT A TERRIBLE SIGHT."
      "THE TRUTH," SAID THE SUN, SO IT MUST BE RIGHT.
      "DRUNKEN SCOUSE YOBS FORCED OPEN A GATE!"
      SCREAMED THE BILE FROM THE SCUMRAG WE ALL HATE.
      "YOBS PEED ON BOBBIES TRYING TO SAVE THEIR MATES LIVES."
      HOW MUCH MORE WILL THEY TWIST THEIR KNIVES?
      NO SCOUSER ON EARTH SHOULD EVER BE SEEN
      WITH THAT PIECE OF DIRT, THAT RAG SO OBSCENE.
      NINETY-SIX LIVES, NINETY-SIX GONE.
      YET THE PEOPLE TO BLAME STILL CARRY ON.
      EVERTON, LEEDS, SPURS AND UNITED
      EVERY CLUB'S FANS WANT TO SEE THE WRONGS RIGHTED.
      "IT COULD HAVE BEEN US," EVERYONE SAID
      "WHOSE FANS WERE LEFT CRUSHED, INJURED AND DEAD."
      WE ONLY WANT JUSTICE, WE DON'T WANT REVENGE.
      WE ONLY SEEK ANSWERS, NOT TO AVENGE.
      ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG (IT'S NOT TOO LATE)
      IN GIVING THE ORDER TO OPEN THE GATE.
      NINETY-SIX DEAD, "NO-ONE TO BLAME"
      SAID A JUDGE UP IN LEEDS: BRITISH JUSTICE IN SHAME.
      "THE TRUTH" WAS ALL LIES AND DISGRACED OUR GOOD NAME.
      NINETY-SIX DEAD. NO-ONE TO BLAME.
      NO POLICEMEN CONVICTED, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERED.
      NINETY-SIX FAMILIES LEFT BROKEN AND SHATTERED.
      NINETY-SIX LIVES LOST WATCHING A GAME.
      NINETY-SIX DEAD. NO-ONE TO BLAME.
      DontBuyTheSun
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #93: Oct 15, 2007 12:19:00 pm
      And in case you taught the other 3 were fantastic here is another one

WE'LL NEVER HEAR THOSE WORDS

Thirteen years later. Thirteen years on.
      We've all cried for justice but we've had none.
      We've had platitudes, condolences and "Never mind dear"
      But we've never heard the words we so long to hear.

"We were wrong. It was our fault. We shouldn't have opened the gate."
      We'll never hear those words no matter how long we wait.
      "We didn't have enough ambulances, stewards or men."
      We're not hearing it now and we didn't hear it then.

"Okay, we were wrong. You should have had the big end."
      They'll never take the blame for our 96 friends.
      "We didn't want a mix of Forest and Scouse."
      They're all throwing stones from their big glass house.

"People WERE alive at six minutes past three."
      They'll never admit it but they'll always be free.
      "Well I can retire now. I've got a nice fat pension."
      Said the horrible pig whose name I can't mention.

"We should have delayed the kick off, even if it was for an hour."
      We'll never hear those words from their Ivory Tower.
      "We know it wasn't your fault. We shouldn't have called you drunks."
      We'll never hear those words from the reprehensible skunks.

What they're really saying is, "Yes, it was your fault, you trouble-causing Scousers.
      Drunken and thieving you moaning mickey mousers."
      They don't give a toss about us and our kind.
      I wish they could have the demons in my mind.
      DontBuyTheSun
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #94: Oct 15, 2007 12:21:27 pm
      Below is a story of a very good friend of mine she thankfully still goes the match. Well in Jo mate

The effects of Mackenzie’s lies…

Been thinking for a while whether I could ever begin to write how the lies printed by Mackenzie affected me. There has been some amazing and brave stories written recently & standing on the Kop singing Justice for the 96 against Arsenal was one of if not the proudest moments of my life, I never thought that I could feel so proud and so sad at the same time.
      My story is probably not that different to anyone else who was at Hillsborough but as part of the OTK family I just felt I wanted to talk about it.

Why now?
      Dunno, suppose it’s the memories stirred up by Mackenzie.

My Story

I was always mad on Liverpool, strangely enough me Dad wasn’t into footie and my younger brother was too young. Didn’t stop me harassing me mum & dad for a season ticket for me fourteenth birthday though. They knew I was a tomboy but I reckon they thought I would grow out of it. Amusingly enough no-one seemed to really bat an eyelid when I started to go the match on me own. I didn’t care that I had no-one to go with, off I trotted with me Season ticket (princely sum of £55)!
      I didn’t grow out of it, I just loved it even more. Slowly they got used to it but as I was only fourteen they wouldn’t let me go to any Away games, fair do’s I suppose especially as I was a girl!

The first away game I ever went to was Hillsborough in ’88 I was 15, the ticket as I recall was £6 and £7 for the train. Me mum got me up at the crack of dawn and made me a packed lunch. Thought I was the bees knees, going all the way to Sheffield on me own. Can still remember the walk down Leppings Lane, seemed miles from the train station! That was the year I went to my first Wembley and shed me first tears as we lost to Wimbledon. I was in one of the side pens at Hillsborough in ’88, I remember looking across at the two pens behind the goal & thinking how chocca they were. Madness I thought as I was standing in acres of space, looking back now the exact same thing happened in ’89, why didn’t they see it coming?

When it came to ’89 I was beside myself with excitement, I was really friendly with one of the teachers in school, we used to have loads of banter about the footie. He was a bluenose and I remember us both leaving school on the Friday afternoon. I wanted them to win for a change. I was too young to go to the final in ’86 but this was my chance to go to Wembley and see an all Merseyside Cup Final. I didn’t go on the train that year, went on the coach from Picton Clock, Home James I think the firm was called. Me mum took me to the coach (even though I was 16 now)! I don’t remember too much about the journey except for two things that stand out, the first one that our coach for some reason went though Manchester and everyone started singing the Munich song. I joined in blindly not really appreciating that I was singing about a tragedy. The second thing was the coach got stopped and searched for alcohol on route. That seemed to hold us up quite a bit as I remember panicking about missing kick off.

Then began the start of a long nightmare, I remember vividly seeing so many people queuing up outside just a mass of fans not even really in a queue. I was really worried about missing kick off by now but that was the least of my worries. I just remember next that someone decided to shut these two outer gates, but they never just shut them they kind of pushed them shut and caused us to be crushed in between the turnstiles and the perimeter gates. I remember thinking I was in big trouble then I was really squashed, on my own, smaller than everyone else. I thought no-one could see me. I really thought I was gonna die OUTSIDE the ground. I suppose because people don’t talk about Hillsborough, myself included I never really knew if anyone else felt so crushed outside.

When they opened the gates the first time I remember thinking thank god. They only let a few through at first to relieve some of the outside pressure. I don’t blame the police for that not the lads on the ground anyway. Some of them were getting just as crushed as us, I remember them looking frightened and one of them saw me and put his arm round me. He asked me who I was with and when I said on my own he tried to keep hold of me and stop me getting crushed. He was young and frightened and yes he was a policeman but it was the men at the top who were to blame not him. I heard him on his radio pleading for some guidance from a senior officer; he didn’t know what to do. Then they opened the gates again, this time for longer and relieved we all piled straight down the tunnel.

The rest as we all know is history and I don’t want to talk about the horrors that I saw after that.

The reason for this post is to talk about the relief I felt when someone opened those gates, I felt relief while m fellow fans at the front were crushed to death. When Kelvin Mackenzie published his lies I believed some of them and I was there.

For years I thought it my fault. I really thought that I personally helped to kill the people at the front of those pens. I went back to school on the Monday and got special treatment from the teachers, but I felt a fraud. Here people were being nice to me and wondering if I was okay but they didn’t realise that I wanted to them to open those gates that I was alive and the people at the front were dead. I saw those pictures, the crushed faces against fences and I wept. I helped to crush those people.

That is what the lies and the cover up done to people like me, they made me believe that I was responsible. Nearly two years of counselling before I started to believe it wasn’t my fault.

People like Kelvin Mackenzie made me think I was a murderer, and if you are reading this you might think well you were there you knew the truth but I was sixteen, an innocent kid going to a footie match. I thought the papers wrote the truth, yeah I knew that some of it was wrong. But I didn’t know what to believe. Whose fault was it?
      A young policeman helped me, so was it the fault of the police, so many questions.

It took me years to find and accept the answers, so to all the liars on that day especially Mackenzie I hope you are proud of yourselves because you made one tragedy into two. You made me believe I was responsible for those deaths when I wasn’t. You ruined my teenage years (although at least I was alive) but most of all you still after all these years cause me pain.

The difference?

I’m older, wiser and I know THE TRUTH.

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

YNWA

Jo
      DontBuyTheSun
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #95: Oct 15, 2007 12:23:01 pm
      We are not alone in our fight for Justice thanks to our Celtic brothers

Hail Hail The JungleBhoys

Posted by DennisBhoy on the unfurling of their Justice banner last season

DennisBhoy here from JungleBhoys it was a great honour to show solidarity with HJC at Sundays game with  rangers......I will give you a brief overview of how the day went. I was the nominated co-ordinator for the HJC banner and distribution of the HJC stickers....

We arrived at Celtic Park at 09.15 with the intention of targetting the media with stickers to let them know something was on the go........We targetted the photographers with stickers and loads of the photographers took the stickers and stuck them on their camera cases......We then had a meeting to discuss tactics with banners and got the HJC banner in place......we then went out to the main stand ant gave out stickers to supporters and players etcetera who were arriving..Paul Hartley took one and put it on his lapel....As I am a person who thinks on his feet i seen Everton Manager "The Chosen One" coming up  to the ground and I caught his attention at first he thought I was some punter after an autograph but soon changed his attitude when he seen the sticker and after I explained about the banner, he was openly moved about the whole event and he said that the people of Liverpool will take this gesture to their hearts for life...He then asked for more stickers and wished us all the best. We then managed to catch all of Scotland religious leaders who attended the game and they were happy to take the stickers and I explained about the banner and our solidarity with the HJC.

Then we entered the stadium still giving out stickers and proceeded to banner position BadgeMan was already in place...as luck would have it a Scouse Evertonian who lives in Glasgow was sat right next to where the banner was being flown from and he was wearing HJC badges that he bought via JB's earlier.

The banner stuck out big time and the rendition of Walk On was sang with a passion different than normal which led to another rendition of Walk On at the start of the second half. We will continue with our solidarity and support for HJC and the 96. I look forward to coming to Liverpool to hand over the banner I beleive that it's our duty to fly this banner at Anfield, so we shall meet soon brothers and sister and remember "You'll Never Walk Alone"

See Links to Banner photo's

Hail Hail

DennisBhoy
      « Last Edit: Oct 16, 2007 11:28:49 pm by JD »
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Re: Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide
      Reply #96: Dec 04, 2007 10:23:39 pm
      I was aware of the boycott of the s*n ever since i went to see my first Liverpool game this year (Derby County 6-0 what a first game!). However I was not aware of the extent of the lies told and I am now twice as determined to never read that piece of sh*te again. I thank u for this informative piece and I would just like to say my thoughts are with the families.

The Truth for the 96.
      wardsteven7
      • On Trial

• 2 posts | -1 
      Reply #97: Dec 04, 2007 10:27:28 pm
      Never have, never will buy the Sun
      oldbill1894
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #98: Dec 11, 2007 03:05:55 am
      Can I use this post to apologise to the poor bloke who sat next to me at the cardiff game.
      Liver bird upon his chest... very chatty, said it was his first time at anfield. Bought a scarf outside the ground and held it high and proud. Sang his heart out (with a london accent!). clapped, cheered, swore at the ref... Then at hlf time decided to do the Cross word in .... yep you guessed it. I explained the history, Hillsborough etc. Obviously this discussion got a lot of interest from surrounding people....
      And can the person who slapped him across the back of the head please note.... Your action had the desired effect.
      Thanks
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,661 posts | 6959 
      Reply #99: Dec 11, 2007 08:29:00 pm
      Just unbelievable that is oldbill.

The short sharp shock worked in the 60's or whenever didn't it.  I am just flabbergasted that he managed to get as far as sitting in his seat at half time. 
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #100: Dec 17, 2007 10:41:35 am
      I was shocked to see that they sell the rag so close to the ground. I went to the shop close to the HJC shop to pick up the Echo when I was over for a game earlier this year and I couldn't believe that the place stocked it. I don't know why but I just assumed that there would be no market for that paper in a few miles radius of Anfield.
      DontBuyTheSun
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #101: Dec 19, 2007 04:34:28 pm
      Nearly sure by law they have to stock it
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #102: Dec 19, 2007 05:07:07 pm
      Depends if its an independent newsagent or a chain, surely if they are independent they can stock what they like  ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #103: Jan 07, 2008 08:15:25 pm
      Depends if its an independent newsagent or a chain, surely if they are independent they can stock what they like  ;)

I'll never stock it if I own a shop! :) Don't know whether I will like but rest assured! ;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #104: Jan 13, 2008 12:09:39 pm
      LFC Madrid Branch meets up a Triskels to watch game... a Madrid-scouser brought-in strips of "Don't Buy The Scum" stickers yesterday, of which hundreds were duly stuck in the pub, in the loos... and on various lines of the metro system!!

urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #105: Jan 14, 2008 12:29:17 pm
      my dad went to hillsborough that fateful day and lost his best man as a result. i was born in 86 and he would never allow me to even talk about the s*n. He let me know what happened and told me what that crap had wrote. So to every one out there. DO NOT buy the scum.
      electronred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #106: Feb 11, 2008 10:35:00 am
      Thttp://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?in_article_id=98163&in_page_id=43&in_a_source=

The Metro is read by most Londoners who use the Tubes in a morning, opportunity to have your say reference weekends press reports......as per many discussions people dont know why we dont by certain papers, check out the link and send a comment , you never know if enough responses go in something might get into london free papers and people will ask the questions............... ..and understand what happened.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #107: Feb 12, 2008 05:06:27 am
       :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I am outraged at what happened. This is my first time i have heard about this, coz luckily they don't sell the sun here in OZ. If i ever see a s*n newspaper i will piss and spit on it without touching it.

Justice for the 96

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #108: Apr 15, 2008 05:13:05 pm
      I'm quite a young fan and I never realised that the s*n produced this quite disgusting article. Yesterday I posted a comment which refered to all newspapers and to the s*n and about how they always slate the team, I never knew that this had happened and I want to thank Ed for pointing the matter out to me. I obivously offended some people yesterday (and quite rightly so) and I'm sorry for any offence I caused, I knew very little about this incidence and will never again in future look, touch, or even be in the presence of the s*n again. Yet again I offer my apologies to any people that I offended yesterday, as I have said I didn't know about this article.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #109: Apr 15, 2008 05:21:53 pm
      I'm quite a young fan and I never realised that the s*n produced this quite disgusting article. Yesterday I posted a comment which refered to all newspapers and to the s*n and about how they always slate the team, I never knew that this had happened and I want to thank Ed for pointing the matter out to me. I obivously offended some people yesterday (and quite rightly so) and I'm sorry for any offence I caused, I knew very little about this incidence and will never again in future look, touch, or even be in the presence of the s*n again. Yet again I offer my apologies to any people that I offended yesterday, as I have said I didn't know about this article.

Fair enough IB. It's good of you to apologise and it's understandable if you wasn't aware. Thankfully now you know and you can spread the word to anyone else who isn't aware, that the scum should not be bought.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #110: Apr 16, 2008 07:01:14 pm
      Sadly there is a percentage of fans who still need to be educated. Id gladly get contact names/numbers of the various supporters clubs here in Ireland if somebody from the hillsborough justice campaign would like to meet up with them to tell them why we dont buy that rag and indeed the truth about Hillsborough or even e-mail the clubs to put there members straight
      bazak
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      • ANFIELD, the home of true football.
      Reply #111: Apr 16, 2008 08:22:54 pm
      I know this has already been tried, but next year for the 20th memorial of our friends passing, we should get an online campaign going with signatures for one of the moderators on here to print off ( in full with all the thousands of signatures on ) and send it to that piece of bias reporting trash and force an apology. On top of that, we should all write to the editor and make him understand.
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2008 08:26:44 pm by bazak »
      Koppite_1985
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #112: May 15, 2008 07:33:54 pm
      im 23 and never in my life have I, nor will I ever lay hands upon that rag. my granddad taught me better. when I moved to exeter for uni it amazed me how many people didnt understand the reasons true reds hate mckenzie and the sun. I intend that my sun when old enough will understand and follow our example. Id happily sign such a petition and see it sent to the scum.
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #113: May 15, 2008 08:50:39 pm
      was born 3 months after but I am proud to say I have never ever bought a sun newspaper, was brought up not buying it and never will.

One touching thing i read about the Hillsborough disaster is that a game was stopped featuring AC Milan in the 6th minute (the minute when all the big trouble happened) and the AC fans started singing YNWA in tribute.
      reddubliner
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #114: Jun 03, 2008 02:12:07 pm
      Hi to all the Scouse and worldwide liverpool fans.

Im a young dublin lad who loves his club, ive been a liverpool fan since i was 6 years old ( so 16 years ) and i must say that the paper that i will not even mention due to sheer hatered, i hope burns in hell forever. it was mentioned that some of the younger fans i.e. 25 and under and particularly not from merseyside may not know the full story therefore not knowing what the story is about the lies that happened in 89. No excuse to be honist and not trying to offend anyone but if you love your club you should know everything about it, in particular such a huge chunk of the history no matter how bad or fantastic it is. sorry this is my first post and kinda rabbling on but just wanted to say " F**k the s**" i wouldnt even use it to wipe my hole. i have had no family member effected by the hillsborough tragedy but i still feel pain when it is mentioned and let the fans know that it will always be remembered, never forgotten.
      Peace and love to all my red brother and sisters.
      JUSTICE
      YNWA

Quick Reply