Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Mark Gonzalez (to Real Betis)

Read 11723 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Mark Gonzalez (to Real Betis)
      Mar 26, 2007 05:44:08 pm
      Real Betis are interested in Liverpool winger Mark Gonzalez.
      Betis coach Luis Fernandez rates the Chile international highly and hopes to bring the former Albacete midfielder back to Spain next season.

Gonzalez has struggled for form and fitness this term and Betis directors are convinced they can prise him away from Anfield with an offer of £3 million.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2007 10:56:50 am by Jabba »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Betis chasing Liverpool winger Gonzalez
      Reply #1: Mar 26, 2007 06:38:40 pm
      £3 million.  Not sure about the merits of that offer?

Will Gonzalez get another season. We certainly held out for him for a long time?  He seemed to excel in Spain so he must be worth more to Betis than £3 million?

I personally don't think he will go.  At his age probably deserves another crack at it next season.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Mar 26, 2007 08:40:19 pm
      £3 million.  Not sure about the merits of that offer?

Will Gonzalez get another season. We certainly held out for him for a long time?  He seemed to excel in Spain so he must be worth more to Betis than £3 million?

I personally don't think he will go.  At his age probably deserves another crack at it next season.

Agreed. Rafa isn't the sort to let players go after one season.
      Thats only if your Kromkamp. :D
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #3: Mar 26, 2007 10:39:16 pm
      mark gonzalez and olivier kapo are objetives of betis for the next season according to it says the press.   
      I me do not create it, I do not see lopera (owner of the club) spending much money
      Belldiouf
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 01, 2007 08:21:54 am
      They can have him, very average player
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #5: Apr 01, 2007 10:19:41 am
      give him one more year to proove his worth
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Mark Gonzalez (to Real Betis)
      Reply #6: Apr 01, 2007 07:01:10 pm
      I'd give him more than one more year to prove his worth, he is only 22 he shown glipses of what he can do
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #7: Apr 02, 2007 12:18:29 am
      betis does not bring lent players, we say here: I do not raise chicks so that others eat them
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #8: Apr 02, 2007 12:25:27 am
      He had a good game against Arsenal.  Rafa won't ditch him after one season.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Apr 02, 2007 03:35:00 pm
      I can't see him going either. He hasn't adjusted to the physical side of the prem yet, that's why he usually goes missing in games. Needs some time to adjust and then he'll hopefully be able to impose himself down the wing a lot more. For the work that went in to getting him, it would be daft to offload him so soon.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #10: Apr 02, 2007 03:41:05 pm
      I can't see him going either. He hasn't adjusted to the physical side of the prem yet, that's why he usually goes missing in games. Needs some time to adjust and then he'll hopefully be able to impose himself down the wing a lot more. For the work that went in to getting him, it would be daft to offload him so soon.

He needs to be more confident taking players on.. also i think he has built up too much muscle because he lost lost a yard or 2 of pace since last season. His thighs are too bulky
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Apr 03, 2007 12:00:25 pm
      No I don't think Rafa will let him go this season. He is only young after all. We need to keep the likes of Gonzalez because they will gain experience from the Premiership and the Champions League. Which will make them better players.
      MaRk-GoNzAlEz-11
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 05, 2007 11:31:30 am
      I think Rafa should give him another chance, he is only 22 and needs to adjust from Spanish football which is a lot less physical than the premiership.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #13: Apr 05, 2007 01:14:11 pm
      He needs to be more confident taking players on.. also I think he has built up too much muscle because he lost lost a yard or 2 of pace since last season. His thighs are too bulky
      I hope you dont make a habit of looking at mens thighs Rafa and I'm glad to see you have stopped posting on the hot man thread.
      In my opinion Gonzo needs another year i know a lot of players get the excuse of "he's settling in" but in his case i think its true. I wish he would take the man on more as he always seems to go so far then turn and pass back or inside, maybe he lacks confidence also i would agree with Ra Ra Rafa about the point of his weight as he does appear to be chunkier than before, not on the thighs though! :D
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 05, 2007 01:42:49 pm
      I think he should get another crack next season.  He has been out with injuries, so it's not fair to say get rid of him already...give him another shot I say...
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #15: Apr 08, 2007 10:23:07 pm
      gonzales is a good playa he wont go for 3 million
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #16: Apr 17, 2007 05:46:43 pm
      No way Benitez is going to sell him after we chased him for so long. He needs at least two years to settle. Hes come from a country completly different to England and hes only 22. Kewell took ages to play well but last season he was one of our best players. You can even look at people like Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo they both took a while to settle in but are now two of best players in the world. We are to hasty on judging players. Give Gonzalez 2 years and he will be one of the best wingers in the premiership.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17: Apr 17, 2007 08:32:27 pm
      one more season....then bye bye. as for pennant he is from these shores...knows the game and has been poor
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #18: Apr 18, 2007 01:14:20 am
      another season... then will see if he is the right man.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #19: Apr 23, 2007 06:17:10 pm
      needs some time to adjust to the premiership i think he could be a very good player for us. Maybe next season if he stays clear of injuries and gets a good run.
      richbull76
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #20: Apr 26, 2007 07:56:51 am
      Although Gonzalez hasnt shown his full potential at LFC, i truely believe he is worth more than 3m and his performance when he was on load in spain proves this, and should he be let go, which i dont think he will after only 1 season and all the trouble we went to to finally sign him, but if he does go, i think he will go for double that in spain!!
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: May 11, 2007 08:11:49 pm
      b4 Gonzarlez signed 4 us he looked to be a great winger but has'nt shown his true potential yet, personally add give him another season b4 letting go, but there is a great replacement i believe Quaserma would be a brillant player to sign in the summer :D wot evey1 think
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Mark Gonzalez and paying for winger... hard to get it right. (to Real Betis)
      Reply #22: May 14, 2007 01:42:22 pm
      buying winger form abroad is tricky because they all want more time on the ball,, take robben at chelsea, he hates tacking and working back, rafa wants a chap who does at least run back and get behined the ball and close down the space, to help out the defenders,, wright phillips is crap at positional play but great at putting a cross over plus hes faster then any of the wide men we have,,,,,, gonzalez has been a total watse of money,, riise is better there at the moment and thats saying something,,,,, a fit kewell over gonzalez any day of the week at least he gets behined the ball and plays more tactickly....... the only winger who is the best by a mile is that sh*t at old trafford..........  lennon is fast and tricky but to inexperienced and not good enough for us,,,, simao i have big doubts of his attitude and if he wanted to play for us he could of done by now,,,,,,, joaquin went to valencia for big money and would have been great but even he has done nothing over 2 years........ buying a winger on left or right side is hard.......

Quick Reply