Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)

Read 5407 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
      Jul 18, 2007 06:05:00 pm
      Source: Channel 4

Giorgio Chiellini is considering a move to Liverpool after falling out with Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri.

The Tuscan stopper sparked a war of words with his Coach after criticising the Old Lady’s reticence in discussing his contract and may not stay in Turin to fight for a place.

“It is obvious that if he receives limited time in the side next term then other options will have to be looked at,” Davide Lippi stated.

“I am sure that if an official offer came from Liverpool, it would be a tempting solution.”

Italian newspaper Tuttosport reported on Monday that the Merseyside club had already tabled an offer of £5m, but that Juve wanted closer to £7m for the 22-year-old.

Chiellini is unlikely to feature as the Bianconeri play their first pre-season friendly against Serie C2 side Mezzocorona in Pinzolo on Wednesday.

Anybody know anything about this guy?
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
      Reply #1: Jul 18, 2007 06:44:18 pm
      Never heard of him, maybe Paolo will be able to tell us a bit about the guy.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #2: Jul 18, 2007 08:42:22 pm
      i've heard of him but only on FM im afraid so cant pass judgement
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #3: Jul 18, 2007 11:40:41 pm
      I've heard of him but only on FM im afraid so cant pass judgement

FM 2006 or 2007? Tell us his stats so I can base my entire decision on it.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #4: Jul 19, 2007 10:25:42 am
      FM 2006 or 2007? Tell us his stats so I can base my entire decision on it.

Don't be stupid, everyone knows you have to look at both games & average out his stats to get an accurate reflection :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Jul 19, 2007 01:45:41 pm
      Chiellini is unlikely to feature as the Bianconeri play their first pre-season friendly against Serie C2 side Mezzocorona in Pinzolo on Wednesday.

Never mind that, I'm more concerned that Carling's inferior younger brother has started sponsoring the Italian 2nd Division  ;)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Jul 19, 2007 01:54:05 pm
      Well, here's the wiki entry for him:

Giorgio Chiellini (born August 14, 1984 in Pisa) is an Italian footballer who currently plays for Juventus of the Italian Serie A. He is an attacking left back who has also played in midfield.

Chiellini started his career with Livorno where he played for two years each in Serie C1 and Serie B. He was signed by Juventus in summer 2004, for €6.5 million, but immediately sold on co-ownership deal to Fiorentina for €3.5 million, where he played for 2004/05 season. After an excellent first season in Serie A, he was recalled by Juventus for the 2005-06 season, where Juventus paid €4.3 million for full-ownership.

Chiellini made his debut for the Italian national team in November 2004 against Finland, and has since become a regular squad member. He won the European Under-19 Championship with Italy in 2003, and was also a member of the Italy team that won the bronze medals at the football tournament of the 2004 Summer Olympics. As of September 2006, he has won 6 caps for Italian national team, despite still being eligible to play for Italian U-21 national team. He was named in the 'UEFA Team of the tournament' of the 2007 U-21 Championships held in the Netherlands where they qualified for the 2008 Summer Olympics.

He extended his original contract from until 2009 to 2011 on 12 October 2006. [1] It was reported on 16 July 2007 that Liverpool Football Club had made a £5 million offer to Juventus for the fullback, however, Juventus are only prepared to sell the Italy U-21 captain for £7 million.

LINK

Attacking left back? Surely with Aurelio & Riise already here if we were gonna sign another left back it would be a defensive one?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Jul 19, 2007 02:06:08 pm
      Attacking left back? Surely with Aurelio & Riise already here if we were gonna sign another left back it would be a defensive one?

Surely! That's why Heinze would be a good choice!

And if not even LB we need more cover for the right back position! There's only Steve Finnan there, I'd see that as a much more important priority!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: Jul 19, 2007 02:24:34 pm
      Surely! That's why Heinze would be a good choice!

And if not even LB we need more cover for the right back position! There's only Steve Finnan there, I'd see that as a much more important priority!

We've got Arbeloa for the right too. If we were going to buy someone for the left then I agree Heinze would be the ideal choice, a defensively minded player who can also cover in the middle. On the right I think we need more of an attacking option, if the price wasn't ridiculous Alves would've been perfect.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Jul 19, 2007 02:44:45 pm
      We've got Arbeloa for the right too. If we were going to buy someone for the left then I agree Heinze would be the ideal choice, a defensively minded player who can also cover in the middle. On the right I think we need more of an attacking option, if the price wasn't ridiculous Alves would've been perfect.

The problem with Alves, besides the price obviously, is that he goes down too easy! He's a continental player with continental tendencies! We always bollock United and Chelsea for Ronaldo and Drogba respectively so we don't want someone whos of the same manner, if not worse!

Forgot about Arbeloa ;) My bad :laugh:
      thekopster
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -5 
      Reply #10: Jul 19, 2007 04:45:44 pm
      copy and paste his name and there are some great videos he look very promiseing
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #11: Jul 19, 2007 04:54:21 pm
      chiellini is a great player he's already been capped 6 times at full international level he did most of the dirty work to get juventus back to serie A but has been disregarded by Ranieri but was a favorite under Deschamps. although they say attacking left back he is much more defensive than riise and aurelio.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #12: Jul 20, 2007 06:53:57 pm
      There's a chippy in Huyton called Giorgio's? Any connection?
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #13: Jul 20, 2007 06:54:38 pm
      Don't be stupid, everyone knows you have to look at both games & average out his stats to get an accurate reflection :D

lmao  not got 2006 im afraid
      Tellatran
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      • ;D
      Reply #14: Jul 20, 2007 08:59:09 pm
      I would like to see him play, can he provide cover in the middle? (CB position) 
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #15: Jul 21, 2007 01:32:33 pm
      He’s very tall.
      I think he can cover CB in a Hyppia-mode.

I’d prefer him to Heinze because he’s younger, and less of a flopper defensively.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #16: Jul 22, 2007 11:23:06 am
      He’s very tall.
      I think he can cover CB in a Hyppia-mode.

I’d prefer him to Heinze because he’s younger, and less of a flopper defensively.

Less of a 'flopper' defensively?

I haven't seen the guy play admittedly so I can't pass proper judgement, but every report I've read & everyone I've spoken to who has seen him play says he's an attacking fullback. Heinze on the other hand is a very good defensive player, but seems to struggle a bit when asked to push forward. I would be more happy with Heinze arriving as we already have two attacking left backs.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #17: Jul 22, 2007 01:32:59 pm
      Heinze is the biggest flopper on defence at Man U. Like as in, taking a dive to get a free kick what not.
      He's also very reckless with his tackles- gives away a lot of free kicks/penalties, and gets quite a few cards.

EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #18: Jul 22, 2007 01:41:19 pm
      Nine yellow cards & no reds in three seasons is hardly what I'd class as a lot. I have to say I can't recall having seen him dive as it's something players usually do in attacking positions & Heinze doesn't get forward too often. I think we'll have to disagree on this one as I can't see anything wrong with Heinze's defensive game.
      Tellatran
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      • ;D
      Reply #19: Jul 22, 2007 03:28:37 pm
      We need Seyed Jalal Hosseini Khoshkebejari he is pure class.

His position is CB Rafa could get him for $500,000 and he is only 25.
      Even though Iran got knocked out in the 1/4 of the Asian games he has been consistent and brilliant every match. Seyed scored in the first game against Uzbekistan.

Play in the Iranian League for the team Saipa who won the IPL. He would be the ultimate bargain.

RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #20: Jul 23, 2007 01:28:25 pm
      We need Seyed Jalal Hosseini Khoshkebejari he is pure class.

His position is CB Rafa could get him for $500,000 and he is only 25.
      Even though Iran got knocked out in the 1/4 of the Asian games he has been consistent and brilliant every match. Seyed scored in the first game against Uzbekistan.

Play in the Iranian League for the team Saipa who won the IPL. He would be the ultimate bargain.

Wouldn't fancy having him on the back of my shirt!!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #21: Jul 23, 2007 07:41:15 pm
      Chellini is an excellent player. av watched him for a number of years playing in the italian league and the national squad. hes got great strength but i believe he lacks some composure plus he loses his head at silly times,
      Tellatran
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      • ;D
      Reply #22: Jul 24, 2007 01:36:50 pm
      Wouldn't fancy having him on the back of my shirt!!

LOLs he would deliver thats all i care about but the chances of getting him are zero.

Quick Reply