Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

AFC Wimbledon - Let's Stick Up For The Little Guys

Read 2180 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      AFC Wimbledon - Let's Stick Up For The Little Guys
      Mar 13, 2007 08:03:55 pm
      Anyone remember AFC Wimbledon, the breakaway club formed when Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes & became the MK Dons?

Well, it has been brought to my attention that they are to be deducted 18 points by the Ryman League, thrown out of the last-16 of the FA Trophy, thrown out of the Surrey Senior Cup and fined the Ā£12,000 Trophy prize money they had won.

Their crime was not seeking ā€œinternationalā€ clearance from the Welsh FA for Jermaine Darlington, a retired professional who played for Cardiff City in the English league and cup last season.

I personally think it's a crying shame that a small club like this, set up by the people for the people, gets hit with a punishment like this that could potentially ruin them so soon after they set the club up for what can't have been anything other than an oversight.

AFC Wimbledon probably only has about a couple of thousand strong fan base, not really enough to make a difference. The onus is on bigger clubs like ours to help out where possible. I know a West Ham & a Man City forum are already onboard, I'd like to think guys on here would like to do their bit. There is a link to a petition below for anyone who's interested.

AFC Wimbledon Petition
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2007 08:12:00 pm by EddieC »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: AFC Wimbledon - Let's Stick Up For The Little Guys
      Reply #1: Mar 13, 2007 08:06:10 pm
      I'll sign it, Leeds got no punishment for playing more than 5 (or whatever the rule is) on loan players, and MK Dons get fined for this!!
      It was nothing to do with Cardiff City, but cos he was under the FAW not the FA (DAMN THE FAW THEY SUCK) it was the Dons' fault for not changing that :(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6975 
      Reply #2: Mar 13, 2007 11:33:36 pm
      Signed.

Good post.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2007 11:34:46 pm by JD »
      Johnnowhite
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #3: Mar 14, 2007 04:28:49 pm
      Just signed it too. The FA fined the little guys!!!??? They're an absolute disgrace - more bleedin' suits that care Jack sh*t about the game.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #4: Mar 14, 2007 04:45:43 pm
      The FA are a disgrace, you say one thing about them and you get a heavy fine, ask Arsene Wenger
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Mar 28, 2007 04:05:07 pm
      Some of you might have seen already, I haven't managed to get on here for a couple of days, but the FA have reduced the points deduction to 3 points. I don't know if the petition had any influence, but that seems a lot more reasonable now.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Mar 28, 2007 05:03:30 pm
      Cheers Eddie, I didn't know. Hopefully the petition did have something to do with. Do you know if the Ā£12,000 had been reduced as well? Probably not knowing the FA.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #7: Mar 28, 2007 06:23:55 pm
      F***ing disgrace that they get fined Ā£12,000 for that but Arsenal and Chelsea get fined Ā£10,000 for a disgraceful brawl, somethings not right there.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #8: Mar 28, 2007 06:30:43 pm
      f***ing disgrace that they get fined Ā£12,000 for that but Arsenal and Chelsea get fined Ā£10,000 for a disgraceful brawl, somethings not right there.

Arsenal and Chelsea get fined Ā£100,000 but its still not right

Quick Reply