Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Our American owners and lack of transfer money

Read 20355 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Our American owners and lack of transfer money
      Aug 15, 2009 08:08:27 pm
      This season our spending has just about evened out what has been spent compared to what has been sold. With what happend with the Robbie Keane transfer money last season we haven't spent much at all. Were is Raffa's transfer kitty. The Americans appear to be keeping the purse strings tightly closed, we came so close last season, to not reinvest is madness. A couple of injuries and we could miss out on the 19th. Unless Raffa has something up his sleeve i find this very worrying. Your views please.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Our American owners and lack of transfer money
      Reply #1: Aug 15, 2009 08:29:04 pm
      There are already a couple of threads basically the same as this, but anyways i take any excuse to vent about these american cock-stains :D

It is very worrying, what has happened with our transfers. I think Rafa himself quietly is seething as well, as i feel he was told he would have some funds as well as player sale revenue. Now, i believe the funds that were allocated were basically used on Glen Johnson. But like you said, now with player sales we have basically evened that up and therefore should have some decent cash to throw at another quality signing (Silva..) but nothing's doing. There are the reports of our attempts at a defender here and there but nothing exciting, which is what we expected. We are going into this season with the same squad more or less as far as depth goes, and it worries me. Although, i must say if the improved performances of Babel in pre-season keep going then that could be almost another signing right there, and lets hope so! I do hope injuries are kept to a minimum, its our only chance with our skint dick F**k owners not ever wanting to open there purse strings >:(
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #2: Aug 15, 2009 08:55:54 pm
      Our American owners and lack of transfer money.

Our American owners lack money of any kind for any purpose - full stop.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #3: Aug 15, 2009 09:03:25 pm
      Robbie Keane +15M
      Leto +3M
      Alonso +30M
      Arbeloa +3M

Johnson -17M
      Aquiani - 17M

Total -17M

Thanks a lot yanks for our transfer budget of -17M.

Meanwhile, so far this year (2009) RBS will have earned around 22M in interest payments.

So I suppose it's all fair. (Pair of lying American bas**rds)
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 15, 2009 10:01:28 pm
      if we don't sign another player due to 'lack of funds' it will be an absolute disgrace.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 16, 2009 07:55:16 pm
      Looks like our summer budget has been swallowed up by the debt these two f*#^** n clowns who should never have got anywhere near this club have saddled us with , my understanding was these two phonies were selling off some of there assets to put money in the kitty for Rafa to spend in the summer. Looks like I was wrong unless there is a few suprises coming our way as that number 7 shirt is still vacent .
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Aug 16, 2009 08:47:54 pm
      We need new players before the transfer window closes, our bench was simply not good enough today.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #7: Aug 16, 2009 09:05:53 pm
      We need new players before the transfer window closes, our bench was simply not good enough today.

The whole F***ing team, barring 1 or 2 players, were not good enough today but that's no reason for a mass clearout.

I have no doubt that Rafa will be bringing in at least one more player if funds allow. Maybe even a loan signing.
      Lenchy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts | -7 
      Reply #8: Aug 16, 2009 09:06:39 pm
      Our FIRST TEAM 11 is as good as any starting 11 in this league, and on it's day can beat anyone with ease (as shown last year).

The trouble exists on the bench. We don't have the strength of the first team in depth to mount a serious challenge (in my opinion). If we get any injuries or suspensions - we're fu**ed (to put it bluntly!)

A prime case of this was in attack today. When things weren't going right for us today who did we turn to? Voronin. Whereas on the Tottenham bench they had both Crouch & Pavlyuchenko as well as 2 strikers on the pitch.. All of which would have been able to change the course of the match.

Behind torres we have Voronin and N'Gog. It's not really that good in fairness is it?

Yes, I know we're talking about getting Millions of pounds from the owners to bring in even more world-class players for £30m a pop, but I think the money would be better spent getting 3/4 decent back-ups rather than 1 real quality player.

The difference between us and Manure is they have STRENGTH in their depth, and WE DONT.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #9: Aug 16, 2009 09:30:46 pm
      Even Owen commented on how many midfield players UTD have I think he said 6 or 7 internationals we have 3 Riera Masch and Kuyt. They have £35 mil Berbatov on the bench as well as £20 mil Carrick we have Ngog and Spearing.I said along time ago we are £100mil behind Utd in our Squad and days like this prove the point.Unless we find at least another STAR player we will struggle to keep up with Chelsea Utd and now City.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 16, 2009 09:45:42 pm
      at this point even the Spurs squad appears to have more depth. Sad situation.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #11: Aug 16, 2009 09:58:27 pm
      There's no appears about it mate they actually do.

They can start Keane and Defoe and then bring Crouch and Pavlyuchenko off the bench just for starters.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #12: Aug 16, 2009 10:50:35 pm
      at this point even the Spurs squad appears to have more depth. Sad situation.

Glenn Hoddle made this point today on TV and it sort of got glossed over by that idiot Keys but he actually had a fair point and wasn't really allowed to explain it properly. He was trying to say that although we had a much better first team their bench looked a lot stronger and that was without Woodgate and Dawson.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 16, 2009 10:57:17 pm
      Our bench looked average today yes but we have to remember that we currently have a few big players out Agger, Aquilani, Aurelio, Riera and El Zhar were all missing. I agree that we need to strengthen further in order to challenge on four fronts and I agree that our owners have not provided us with anywhere near enough money but our squad is still very strong and is up there with the best.  If last season is anything to go by our starting eleven is perhaps the best in the league. Ultimately I think we need another top striker. OK we have N'Gog who is promising but very young and Voronin but neither really strike enough fear into the opposition and score goals on a regular basis. David Villa will do both and IMO can help us achieve the league title. Bottom line is that the way things are at the moment with City spending like there's no tomorrow, Manure buying league title after league title, Chelski with massive funds, Spurs splashing the cash.. if the Yanks can't provide Rafa with the funds that he desires then they should do the right thing and f*c* off and allow people who do have some money to come in and provide Rafa with the money so that he can actually buy the players that he wants and that we need to dominate both domestically and in Europe.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #14: Aug 16, 2009 11:05:43 pm
      They obviously can't provide us with the funds they are hanging in till they can get a big day, they will probably have ruined us by then, can't believe they don't get more stick.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Aug 16, 2009 11:10:47 pm
      Only a fool will believe that we have money to spend with these two cu*ts.

I believe, that one of the main reasons that Rafa is still here, is because he's been promised money if it's desperately needed. That doesn't mean it will be genuine funds though. You only have to look at our net spending lately to know this.

Don't forget how stubborn and determined Rafa is. He wants to succeed here - mainly for the fans.

The yanks couldn't have a better manager in charge. Catch 22....
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #16: Aug 16, 2009 11:13:38 pm
      We seem to have lost more squad players than we have brought in over the last few years, especially in attack, we are relying too much on torres.

cant remeber them all but we have sold

keane
      crouch
      sammi
      alonso
      arbeloa

got in
      a crocked iti
      johnson

doesnt add up, and it makes for a smaller squad to use on a LOT of matches
      any more injuries and we are screwed, YANKS hands in yer PANTS
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Aug 16, 2009 11:19:01 pm
      I can't believe Rafa would have signed a 5 year contract if he realised how limited the budget is. It is an impossible job with no money and it's going to get even more impossible by the season especially when you look at the other teams.

We can't compete with Sunderland and Hull never mind the bigger teams remember we have made money this year even Burnley net spending is above ours. I really fear for our future with them as our owners, Rafa can't keep performing miracles in the transfer market. We can't afford to have another pre-season like this next season. I hope if results start going against us the anger is vented at the owners and not Rafa. If Rafa got the players he wanted he would be to blame but he hasn't.

We are being taken for a ride by the two American clowns.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #18: Aug 16, 2009 11:27:05 pm
      Not a very constuctive post but, i am only saying what i feel.I have a friend who moved to Texas 8 years ago,he thinks they are scumbags.
      I walked through Stanley Park ten months ago with great expectation,i actually thought them scumbags would deliver.Sorry to the enviromentalists but the trees had come down and i could almost feel the atmosphere of the new stadium.
      By the way are we actually moving?,it's fifty yards.I love Anfieild always have and would rather stay there if we had the chance but we can't.
      Sorry rant over,in short hate the bas**rds.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Aug 17, 2009 12:05:44 am
      Show me the money or leave, bitchs!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #20: Aug 17, 2009 12:42:40 am
      It will be 3yrs come February since the yanks took over the club, in that time, with all the coming and going, Rafa has spent just over 54 mill in the 3 seasons. No where near the 200mill that people keep quoting, the 200mill is total but in that they don't allow for the players being sold.

54mill works out at 18mill for every season they have been here. Not that much is it, I'll bet Spurs have spent more, along with a few others, Man C have spent 200mill without any players being sold.

Today it do not matter how good a manager you are, if you can't pay the big money the top players will go where they do pay it. Which is sad that a man like Rafa is refused the funds to give him a chance, I fear for the season and the seasons to come under these people, who knows maybe I'm to pessimistic and we will have a good season, I hope so.

I still wonder about the whole point of selling the club, remind me, wasn't it to build a new stadium, if we go ahead, where will they find any money to buy the players we need. This year they are in the black in transfer money and yet where are the new players, two out two in.

They could have sold the club on many occasions before the reccession, but now They have no chance of selling us for what they want, and yet they paid 230mill and borrowed 350mill to buy it, what the F**k was Morres doing, that should have been a red rag to a bull, I have over the last week been reading the reaction to Morres from DIC and they were not amused to find out their bid had been rejected in the papers, they were bloody fuming mad, so don't hold out any hope there, they are finished with the club, but we can hope that the yanks lower the price and maybe then some rich billionaire will come in and buy these people out for good...
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #21: Aug 17, 2009 12:47:12 am
      P.S. The 200mill spent by Rafa is the total over the time since he has been at LFC...
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #22: Aug 17, 2009 03:18:22 am
      We seem to have lost more squad players than we have brought in over the last few years, especially in attack, we are relying too much on torres.

cant remeber them all but we have sold

keane

crouch
      sammi
      alonso
      arbeloa

got in
      a crocked iti
      johnson

doesn't add up, and it makes for a smaller squad to use on a LOT of matches
      any more injuries and we are screwed, YANKS hands in yer PANTS

I don't think its fair to refer to Aquilani as a crocked iti.. He is a Liverpool player now and one of us! so give him more respect.

but yeah time is running out time to make some moves to improve this squad..

Quick Reply