Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

GTA IV

Read 44309 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: GTA IV
      Reply #184: May 06, 2008 10:56:39 pm
      Anyone seen the electric sign on the Comedy Club on the 2nd island? Says something like 'Tonight special guest - Ricky Gervais'.

Yeah his standup act on it isn't too great TBH, I much prefer the Katt Williams one.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #185: May 07, 2008 09:53:06 am
      Have not been on the forum in ages and I apologize. I blame rockstar for creating the best game I have ever played on a console.

Online is great as is SP
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #186: May 07, 2008 11:59:00 am
      Oh my god why did I read this, I'm feeling bad now, I've gotta get another $75 before I get this game, and not likely to be getting any serious cash anytime soon, oh my god, I need this game.....
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #187: May 07, 2008 10:03:24 pm
      completed SP now, its soooo good :D

time to start makin the most of the MP so when your on next JD send over an invite :)

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6953 
      Reply #188: May 08, 2008 04:01:54 pm
      completed SP now, its soooo good :D

time to start makin the most of the MP so when your on next JD send over an invite :)

I think I should really get back to the single player seen as I'm only on 12.5%!

I've got about 6 or 7 forum names now so maybe this Bank Holiday weekend we can arrange a time for us to have a deathmatch game.  I've still got them FIFA 08 football shirt which I can send back to myself when I beat you all.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #189: May 08, 2008 07:34:14 pm
      Anyone seen the electric sign on the Comedy Club on the 2nd island? Says something like 'Tonight special guest - Ricky Gervais'.

You can watch it on TV :D (in GTA that is :P)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #190: May 13, 2008 01:04:21 pm
      Got bored of this game already. When you say you can't compare it to COD4 you can, you compare the greatness in a game and how fun it is and I have to say that GTA IV doesn't have a patch on COD4

Give me Call Of Duty 4 any day of the week, this GTA was way overhyped.

I find it silly when people say you can't compare these sort of games with each other, because a game is a game so you can and I have to say from a neutral point of view as I own both games, COD4 is far superior and winning the game of the year award says it all.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #191: May 13, 2008 01:06:26 pm
      Ohhh Ra Ra, you need sorted son. The game is unbelievable. Have you played online? countless hours of total chaos. The SP on it is amazing some shocking moments in it.

Great game, mind you I have never played COD4
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #192: May 13, 2008 06:43:21 pm
      Got bored of this game already. When you say you can't compare it to COD4 you can, you compare the greatness in a game and how fun it is and I have to say that GTA IV doesn't have a patch on COD4

Give me Call Of Duty 4 any day of the week, this GTA was way overhyped.

I find it silly when people say you can't compare these sort of games with each other, because a game is a game so you can and I have to say from a neutral point of view as I own both games, COD4 is far superior and winning the game of the year award says it all.

CoD won game of the year in before GTA4 came out so that doesnt really say anything in relation to the 2 games does it??

There both excellent cant you give leave it at that?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008 06:51:02 pm by priesty10 »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #193: May 13, 2008 06:46:48 pm
      CoD won game of the year in before GTA4 came out so that doesnt really say anything does it??

Yeah it does, it says that COD4 is the best game that year so GTA4 will have to be pretty special to be better than it. I've heard a lot of other people saying they prefare COD4 to GTA4 and I can see why!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6953 
      Reply #194: May 13, 2008 10:33:04 pm
      FFS there's already a COD4 v GTA IV thread. 

I'm stuck on the warehouse mission with Little Jacob and Dimitri.  Pathetic I know.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #195: May 13, 2008 11:04:07 pm
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #196: May 13, 2008 11:39:28 pm

I'm stuck on the warehouse mission with Little Jacob and Dimitri.  Pathetic I know.

I didn't find that mission too difficult. I was just patient & kept hiding behind things rather than going in all guns blazing.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #197: May 14, 2008 08:41:53 am

That weren't too bad that mission, only took two goes! The first I had me girlfriend down me ear over her college work! :-\

I had trouble with the biker mission, where they take you to the park and shotgun f*ck out of you!

Just kept running the petty station, grabbing a can to top me health up and then go back in with a new car! :D Took a while though :-\ Should have tried it with more than just a pistol! :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6953 
      Reply #198: May 14, 2008 01:29:03 pm
      I didn't find that mission too difficult. I was just patient & kept hiding behind things rather than going in all guns blazing.

I am assuming I need to get out before the police arrive?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #199: May 14, 2008 01:33:00 pm

No just hide behind the door and pick off the Police, they will be outside using their squad cars for cover!  I did it first go but it took me quite a while! Just bide your time!

When I was doing it my health was down to the bone!  Luckily I did it, no problem.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #200: May 17, 2008 10:07:02 am

Yeah, just pick them off! I just tried to bail first time, as I thought I couldn't hack an extra star on the wanted level but it didn't go up! 8) But they pummeled me so I wellied them second time round and just escaped the wanted level and got home!
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1642 
      Reply #201: May 18, 2008 12:22:58 am
      Has anyone got to the part where you choose to kill playboy X or Dwayne? I know Eddie said he did, and killed X (so did I!) But what do you get for killing Dwayne?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #202: May 18, 2008 02:46:34 pm
      Has anyone got to the part where you choose to kill playboy X or Dwayne? I know Eddie said he did, and killed X (so did I!) But what do you get for killing Dwayne?

sent you a PM Liverbird to let you know :)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #203: May 21, 2008 04:44:08 am
      I got this game about two weeks ago and just got around beating it. I thought the game story starts off great but I got really confused when your dealing with all the Italians families because they all sound and act the same, won't give details about the end but I was disappointed with it.

Never tried the online play yet but after reading the posts on here and how much people enjoy it I will most certain give it a go.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #204: May 21, 2008 05:51:08 pm
      Just listening to Flashing Lights by Kanye West on the telly at the moment, made me think of this game. I think I'll have to have a bash onit in a minute ;D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #205: May 21, 2008 06:02:25 pm
      Just listening to Flashing Lights by Kanye West on the telly at the moment, made me think of this game. I think I'll have to have a bash onit in a minute ;D

Was listening to that myself before, thought the same thing!  :D

I'm flying through it now.  Nearly half way.  I tend not to do the missions all the time like.  My Brother's completed it and he can't be arsed fannying about picking up Roman or Little Jacob up!

When I complete it I'll leave it a few weeks before I start again fresh and do everything the opposite way.  I heard there are two possible endings and it depends on the choices you make!!!  :o
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #206: May 23, 2008 08:01:41 pm
      This game is getting better and better as the game goes on. Nearly 40% completed and I'm already on the third island!

I got €250k for the bank job!

Quick Reply