Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Reasons to be cheerful thread!

Read 411299 times
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Re: Reasons to be cheerful thread!
      Reply #5635: Aug 24, 2017 04:17:34 pm
      I am on top in the prediction league and the draft fantasy league. Happy days.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5636: Sep 02, 2017 12:47:57 pm
      It's started going dark earlier! Summer is good and all but always hated it being light till like 11pm, I much prefer the darker evenings.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5637: Dec 08, 2017 12:42:48 pm
      After graduating from University last year i found myself a graduate role within a marketing research company of who i have been with for over 6 months now, just about.  (Hence why i am not as active on here no more)

Yesterday, i was given a new job tittle and a pay rise :)

Definitely something to be cheerful about!

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5638: Dec 08, 2017 03:12:30 pm
      After graduating from University last year i found myself a graduate role within a marketing research company of who i have been with for over 6 months now, just about.  (Hence why i am not as active on here no more)

Nice. Enjoy 👍
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #5639: Dec 09, 2017 01:55:43 pm

Congrats! It is always nice to get paid more money and promoted.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #5640: Dec 15, 2017 12:46:27 pm
      My first born turns 15 today. He will never read this but I am so proud of the young man he’s become. Good grades, honest as they come and a pretty darn good athlete. He’s certainly got a bright future ahead of him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5641: Dec 15, 2017 12:51:41 pm
      My first born turns 15 today. He will never read this but I am so proud of the young man he’s become. Good grades, honest as they come and a pretty darn good athlete. He’s certainly got a bright future ahead of him.

Glad for you buddy.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5642: Dec 15, 2017 01:01:54 pm

Christ don't let the lad on here, don't want young minds corrupted
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #5643: Dec 15, 2017 02:23:00 pm
      Christ don't let the lad on here, don't want young minds corrupted

Unfortunately, his  one downfall is he hasn't inherited my love for the Redmen.

Now if this forum was dedicated to running.....he'd never leave :D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5644: Dec 18, 2017 02:28:49 pm
      Moving to York tomorrow, back home to family for a while after losing my job a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Thought I'd be upset about the job part, not sure if it just hasn't hit me yet or deep down my heart really wants me to be closer to home albeit I wasn't too far to start with but still a different country.

Looking at the positives of 2017, lost a couple of stone in weight and have managed to feel much better in myself than I ever have before. Onwards and upwards. Also, moving across means I'll probably get to a few more games too which won't hurt. ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5645: Dec 18, 2017 04:25:59 pm
      Moving to York tomorrow, back home to family for a while after losing my job a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Thought I'd be upset about the job part, not sure if it just hasn't hit me yet or deep down my heart really wants me to be closer to home albeit I wasn't too far to start with but still a different country.

Looking at the positives of 2017, lost a couple of stone in weight and have managed to feel much better in myself than I ever have before. Onwards and upwards. Also, moving across means I'll probably get to a few more games too which won't hurt. ;D

Opportunity out of adversity is the only way to view it mate.

Re-connect with some folks and enjoy it.

Think of all the positive feedback you’re gonna get for losing a bit of timber ;)
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5646: Dec 18, 2017 05:32:30 pm
      Opportunity out of adversity is the only way to view it mate.

Re-connect with some folks and enjoy it.

Think of all the positive feedback you’re gonna get for losing a bit of timber ;)

Absolutely mate. I'm sure I'll face much tougher adversity in life for sure!

It's actually a new start completely... luckily I get along quite well with my sisters fiance so that will make it a little easier in terms of the social aspect.

Let's just hope I don't put it all back on during Christmas! :laugh:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5647: Dec 18, 2017 05:55:00 pm
      Absolutely mate. I'm sure I'll face much tougher adversity in life for sure!

It's actually a new start completely... luckily I get along quite well with my sisters fiance so that will make it a little easier in terms of the social aspect.

Let's just hope I don't put it all back on during Christmas! :laugh:

Have a great Christmas and i am sure 2018 will be a great year for you
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5648: Dec 18, 2017 07:37:14 pm
      Not posted for quite awhile but with fairly good reason, Just spent the last 8 weeks packing like crazy as we're moving to Australia on Jan 10th, wife's taken a job instructing the teaching staff of Collinsville QLD Australia in the way of SEN (Special Educational Needs).

Watched most games and currently riding high in the Prediction League (although watch the slide as I've now opened my trap!), Missing the Arse game as we're traveling back to the Uk to say our goodbyes To our respective familes will be home for each Christmas but will have to get used to the ways of early morning games (looking for a few pointers Crouchie and AussieRed!) but seen as I'm not going too be working myself at least I'll be able to go back to bed (I Know Lazy b***ard!).
      Any way back to the bubble wrap and sellotape!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5649: Dec 18, 2017 07:45:32 pm
      Not posted for quite awhile but with fairly good reason, Just spent the last 8 weeks packing like crazy as we're moving to Australia on Jan 10th, wife's taken a job instructing the teaching staff of Collinsville QLD Australia in the way of SEN (Special Educational Needs).

Watched most games and currently riding high in the Prediction League (although watch the slide as I've now opened my trap!), Missing the Arse game as we're traveling back to the Uk to say our goodbyes To our respective familes will be home for each Christmas but will have to get used to the ways of early morning games (looking for a few pointers Crouchie and AussieRed!) but seen as I'm not going too be working myself at least I'll be able to go back to bed (I Know Lazy b***ard!).

Congrats, and best of luck with the move buddy!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5650: Dec 18, 2017 09:33:07 pm
      Cheers Craig mate.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5651: Dec 18, 2017 10:15:13 pm

Wow big change fella. Enjoy and best of luck to you and family 👍
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #5652: Dec 18, 2017 10:35:23 pm
      luckily I get along quite well with my sisters fiance so that will make it a little easier in terms of the social aspect.
      I take it he's a Red then?..You know..escape to the pub and sink a few large ones and watch the match!

Good luck.. Scotia said it right... When one door shuts another one opens right in front of you mate without you even knowing.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5653: Dec 19, 2017 05:21:17 am
      Wow big change fella. Enjoy and best of luck to you and family 👍

Cheers, Big change is right at my age (56)!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5654: Dec 19, 2017 05:49:40 am

Wow mate, quite the change but best of luck! If you ever travel down Adelaide way send us a message :D

Only tip I can give ya with the F***ing ridiculous LFC kick times is have the coffee handy/beer if it's a sh*t result and you wanna knock the angry edge off before trying to get back to sleep - the amount of nights I've been up an extra hour just being mad as F**k about the result, then am absolute dog sh*t at work the next day :D If you're not having to get up at any particular time though it's all good!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5655: Dec 19, 2017 07:29:33 am
      Cheers, Big change is right at my age (56)!

Enjoy Australia Steve and at 56 years young you are still only a young feller.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5656: Dec 19, 2017 08:34:59 am
      I take it he's a Red then?..You know..escape to the pub and sink a few large ones and watch the match!

Good luck.. Scotia said it right... When one door shuts another one opens right in front of you mate without you even knowing.

He’s actually a gooner kind of... he doesn’t follow it really anymore.
      Still it’s an excuse to go to the pub anyways!

Yeah 100%, idea is to take Christmas and first couple of weeks of January to myself and then get back out there.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5657: Dec 19, 2017 09:04:40 am
      He’s actually a gooner kind of... he doesn’t follow it really anymore.
      Still it’s an excuse to go to the pub anyways!

Yeah 100%, idea is to take Christmas and first couple of weeks of January to myself and then get back out there.

Are you in York itself mate or roundabout there?

Some lovely wee villages down that way - we went down both times the mrs was expecting my lads (summer 2000 & spring 2003).

My biggest memory of York is a footie one but not (amazingly) the red men.

We were in a boozer end Aug 2000 so my Mrs could watch the Old Firm game - Martin O’Neill’s first one as ‘Tic boss. They won 6-2 and jaysus I thought she was gonna give birth on the pub floor she was that bloody excited!

Good memories.

Quick Reply