Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Man Utd [Premier League] Sun 16th Dec @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W11 D4 L8

Reasons to be cheerful thread!

Read 313815 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,355 posts | 1768 
      Re: Reasons to be cheerful thread!
      Reply #5670: Jan 10, 2018 09:38:08 pm
      Well done mate, it's fulfilling to see ones legacy establish themselves academically..

I've won my litigation today against a window company... It's 4 years this month my issues started.

£16,000 windows/doors fitted, all failed..(long story).
      I held back £2500 for snagging initially, I got settlement of £7100 plus all sets of doors & windows replaced like for like, with FENSA guarantees & 10 year warranties..

Litigation cost £3000....if you ever go down the litigation route, just hold your nerve & have big bollocks ;D

So I'm £6600 better off..

That’s brilliant mate - yes it shows you that if you’re right (and can hold - and afford to - your nerve) it’s definitely worth fighting for!

We’re really proud of him. He’s a grafter on top of his gifts!

The best bit is that he gets to stay at home which - while it might inhibit his social life a bit - statistically has a huge positive impact on study time etc.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,538 posts | 2548 
      Reply #5671: Jan 10, 2018 10:05:30 pm
      May have to get the smile surgically removed from my face tonight.

My eldest lad - 16 - just got unconditional acceptances for Glasgow and Strathclyde Universities for next September.

Never seen a B in his life.

Little beauty 😁

#he’s 6ft 2in 🤣

That's fantastic news for you're lad.

Always great when the hard work pays off and it will give him a great life experience that you can achieve what ever you want if you are willing to put in the effort.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,355 posts | 1768 
      Reply #5672: Jan 10, 2018 10:11:37 pm
      That's fantastic news for you're lad.

Always great when the hard work pays off and it will give him a great life experience that you can achieve what ever you want if you are willing to put in the effort.

Thanks mate - he’s about to get another one if he doesn’t turn “Rag ‘n’ Bone Man” down about 40 decibels.....I’m up at 4:30 ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,538 posts | 2548 
      Reply #5673: Jan 10, 2018 10:14:30 pm
      Thanks mate - he’s about to get another one if he doesn’t turn “Rag ‘n’ Bone Man” down about 40 decibels.....I’m up at 4:30 ;)

Lol bloody kids eh.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 284 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5674: Feb 16, 2018 12:22:03 pm
      As some may know I’ve moved over to York recently. Had my first interview for 6 years and got offered the job this morning!

Happy Friyay.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,355 posts | 1768 
      Reply #5675: Feb 16, 2018 12:27:50 pm
      As some may know I’ve moved over to York recently. Had my first interview for 6 years and got offered the job this morning!

Happy Friyay.

That’s outstanding mate - well done  :scarf: :ernaehrung004:

Really chuffed for you!
      artaylor
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,944 posts | 265 
      Reply #5676: Feb 16, 2018 12:47:24 pm

Happy Friyay.

100% recent interview record intact! ;D Congratulations mate, hope the new role goes well for you!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 284 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5677: Feb 16, 2018 04:44:02 pm
      That’s outstanding mate - well done  :scarf: :ernaehrung004:

Really chuffed for you!

Cheers buddy. ;D

Although trying to get my National Insurance number confirmed from HMRC is proving to be time consuming and stressful! :laugh:
      Job Centre Plus advised because I was born in the UK and likely my parents claimed child benefit for me (until I was 4 and we moved to Ireland) that my NI number likely still would have been generated at 16 anyway so they passed me over to HMRC instead of doing an evidence of identity interview. Fun times... :roll:

100% recent interview record intact! ;D Congratulations mate, hope the new role goes well for you!

Currently unbeaten in 2018! ;D Thanks! :)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,866 posts | 1351 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5678: Feb 16, 2018 04:45:33 pm

Happy Friyay.

Well in mate !
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 284 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5679: Feb 16, 2018 04:52:51 pm
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 284 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5680: Feb 20, 2018 07:38:54 pm
      Big chunk of money back from the taxman! Delighted.

You’d wonder how some companies can get your tax so wrong.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,355 posts | 1768 
      Reply #5681: Feb 20, 2018 10:04:24 pm
      Big chunk of money back from the taxman! Delighted.

You’d wonder how some companies can get your tax so wrong.

Jeez buddy you’re on fire! 👌
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 284 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5682: Feb 21, 2018 12:37:16 am
      Jeez buddy you’re on fire! 👌

One more for the “comes in threes” to be true! :laugh:

Sevilla beating united counts. ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,866 posts | 1351 
      Reply #5683: Feb 26, 2018 05:11:25 pm
      After just over a year have just been made permanent at work, a relief which means a bit of security at long last after years of fixed term and agency jobs. Can look forward to booking some time off, starting with the world cup.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,397 posts | 1534 
      Reply #5684: Feb 26, 2018 05:19:54 pm
      After just over a year have just been made permanent at work, a relief which means a bit of security at long last after years of fixed term and agency jobs. Can look forward to booking some time off, starting with the world cup.

Well in mate.

Must be a weight off
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,355 posts | 1768 
      Reply #5685: Feb 26, 2018 05:30:14 pm

Brilliant news FK10 - made up for you.

Not sure about the World Cup mind ;)

Enjoy 🍻
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,866 posts | 1351 
      Reply #5686: Feb 26, 2018 05:48:44 pm
      Brilliant news FK10 - made up for you.

Not sure about the World Cup mind ;)

Enjoy 🍻

Cheers mate, england will only last a week or so anyway
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,355 posts | 1768 
      Reply #5687: Feb 26, 2018 05:54:51 pm
      Cheers mate, england will only last a week or so anyway

Better to have loved and lost mate.......

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,866 posts | 1351 
      Reply #5688: Feb 26, 2018 05:56:59 pm
      Better to have loved and lost mate.......

I am in the sooner they are out the better camp, don't have to put up with all the bullshit
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,355 posts | 1768 
      Reply #5689: Feb 26, 2018 07:25:42 pm
      Just back from the 6 monthly check with the endocrinologist for my 14yr old son.

He was born with no Thyroid tissue at all and has to take tablets every day. To monitor he gets bloods / height / weight done twice yearly (was monthly when he was a baby).

Anyways they’ve confirmed he remains physically above average height and his weight is spot on so he’s come through the worst of puberty without any setbacks (puberty can be delayed and physical development can be impaired at this stage).

Made up for him - he’s doing great at school but it’s always in the back of his mind.

Undiagnosed this is the condition that was known as “Cretinism”. In my younger days I ripped a few guys at work or round a training pitch a new one for using the term glibly.

He’s a cracker and I’m so proud of him.

Edit: in the interests of balance I feel I should mention he’s currently banned from Twitter for telling Krychowiak from WBA to “f**k up you c**t” when he posted “can’t beat us so join us” about Daniel Sturridge after the FA Cup.......He’s not a cowering wee thing our Sam 🙄
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018 08:01:23 am by Scotia »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,960 posts | 1398 
      Reply #5690: Feb 27, 2018 06:57:53 am
      Just back from the 6 monthly check with the endocrinologist for my 14yr old son.

He was born with no Thyroid tissue at all and has to take tablets every day. To monitor he gets bloods / height / weight done twice yearly (was monthly when he was a baby).

Anyways they’ve confirmed he remains physically above average height and his weight is spot on so he’s come through the worst of puberty without any setbacks (puberty can be delayed and physical development can be impaired at this stage).

Made up for him - he’s doing great at school but it’s always in the back of his mind.

Undiagnosed this is the condition that was known as “Cretinism”. In my younger days I ripped a few guys at work or round a training pitch a new one for using the term glibly.

That must be the best of news for you and your Family Al,he's a winner mate just like our REDS.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,355 posts | 1768 
      Reply #5691: Feb 27, 2018 07:00:12 am
      That must be the best of news for you and your Family Al,he's a winner mate just like our REDS.

Aye - it was great to get all confirmed Billy.

He’s just off 5ft 10 now and reckons he’s bigger than me......but he’s not too big for the old man to deal with yet ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,067 posts | 3125 
      Reply #5692: Feb 27, 2018 12:02:01 pm

Edit: in the interests of balance I feel I should mention he’s currently banned from Twitter for telling Krychowiak from WBA to “f**k up you c**t” when he posted “can’t beat us so join us” about Daniel Sturridge after the FA Cup.......He’s not a cowering wee thing our Sam 🙄

Great to hear. My oldest was told by the doctors that if we didn't give him growth hormones when he was little (a bunch of shots in the stomach :() he may not develop (get tall) to his potential. We decided against it, let nature take it's course. He's 15.....5' 10" (just an inch off of me) and just broke the 5 minute mile barrier in Track and Field. Yea he's a bean pole, but so was I at his age.  Kids will keep you young, I know that, even if my body can't keep up with him, my mind still can (for now :)).
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,355 posts | 1768 
      Reply #5693: Feb 27, 2018 01:13:39 pm
      Great to hear. My oldest was told by the doctors that if we didn't give him growth hormones when he was little (a bunch of shots in the stomach :() he may not develop (get tall) to his potential. We decided against it, let nature take it's course. He's 15.....5' 10" (just an inch off of me) and just broke the 5 minute mile barrier in Track and Field. Yea he's a bean pole, but so was I at his age.  Kids will keep you young, I know that, even if my body can't keep up with him, my mind still can (for now :)).

That’s brilliant mate. What a time........rapido!
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,397 posts | 1534 
      Reply #5694: Feb 27, 2018 02:47:48 pm

Good to hear mate

Apart from this bit, must be a weird part of the year when you compare...

Oh sh*t.. height you mean  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,067 posts | 3125 
      Reply #5695: Feb 27, 2018 03:10:43 pm
      Good to hear mate

Apart from this bit, must be a weird part of the year when you compare...

Oh sh*t.. height you mean  ;D

:lmao:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,982 posts | 3648 
      Reply #5696: Mar 03, 2018 12:19:38 am
      A new LFC Red. My wife gave birth to my son last night about 20 minutes after i battled through the snow to reach the hospital. I've aged 5 years but well worth it! ♥
      +11
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,445 posts | 2098 
      Reply #5697: Mar 03, 2018 12:37:10 am
      A new LFC Red. My wife gave birth to my son last night about 20 minutes after i battled through the snow to reach the hospital. I've aged 5 years but well worth it! ♥

Congratulations JD... Hope mother & child are well..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,866 posts | 1351 
      Reply #5698: Mar 03, 2018 01:38:45 am

Congratulations
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,685 posts | 376 
      Reply #5699: Mar 03, 2018 01:51:35 pm
      Congratulations mate,hope your all doing well.

Quick Reply