Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool to play in Dublin

Read 3996 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Liverpool to play in Dublin
      Jul 27, 2009 06:00:23 pm
      Liverpool will play the top side in Irish football, Bohemians, on August 17th in Dublin. Its a Liverpool 11 led by John McMahon so wont expect any 1st teamers, we play Stoke on the 18th Im sure?

Anyway for those of you living in Ireland its a great chance to see the reds and for those of you from Liverpool or elsewhere it could be a nice little break away  ;)

Tickets are on sale tomorrow 20 euro for a ticket. Check Bohemians website for details
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Re: Liverpool to play in Dublin
      Reply #1: Jul 27, 2009 06:02:51 pm
      Here's the link for more details:

http://www.bohemians.ie/
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2009 04:49:03 pm
      Looks like its sold out or will be. Still tho some people Ive spoken to have a sh*t attitude that "its only a Liverpool xi" F**k sake its an opportunity to see LFC on your door step. Clowns these people  >:(
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: Jul 28, 2009 07:41:05 pm
      Looks like its sold out or will be. Still tho some people Ive spoken to have a sh*t attitude that "its only a Liverpool xi" F**k sake its an opportunity to see LFC on your door step. Clowns these people  >:(

Im from Australia so any opportunity to see them would be a dream to me, "only a liverpool xi" its still 11 players wearing the red of Liverpool.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Jul 28, 2009 09:08:04 pm
      we play Stoke on the 18th Im sure?

We play them on 19th. It was moved to the Wednesday.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      Reply #5: Aug 17, 2009 01:36:40 pm
      Hopefully see Pacheco and Nemeth in action tonight. Bohs if they play there best 11 will give the lads a good workout.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #6: Aug 17, 2009 01:38:32 pm
      Hopefully see Pacheco and Nemeth in action tonight. Bohs if they play there best 11 will give the lads a good workout.

After yesterday, they should both arguably be in the first team squad for Stoke.  Good luck to the reds tonight and any Irish reds making the trip to see the lads.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Aug 17, 2009 02:51:58 pm
      Kick off time? In hours please :) you see, me mtahs aint os ogod.

Yes, i realised i mucked up my English, not maths, but hey.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #8: Aug 17, 2009 10:10:05 pm
      f***in' hell. A half hour or so from my gaf and I hear about it now. Next stop, depression Central.

I'm fuming. Hope ya enjoy it Brian and give us a review eh?! ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Aug 17, 2009 10:41:42 pm
      The reds won 2-0.

Nemeth and a Pacheco pen to give the reds victory.

Thanks for the info Bri! Look forward to your report when you get online.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #10: Aug 17, 2009 10:51:09 pm
      Got a text from my mate that was at the match. He said Pacheco and Victor Palsson were the stand out players. He said everyone was raving about Palsson.

Good result lads. Bohs are no push overs, they are the league champions over here at the moment.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Aug 17, 2009 11:06:16 pm
      Got a text from my mate that was at the match. He said Pacheco and Victor Palsson were the stand out players. He said everyone was raving about Palsson.

Good result lads. Bohs are no push overs, they are the league champions over here at the moment.

That's what Brian said. Apparently Palsson was very impressive. Glad to hear it! There was some good noises about that lad when he joined us and I haven't really seen him play that much.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #12: Aug 17, 2009 11:13:14 pm
      That's what Brian said. Apparently Palsson was very impressive. Glad to hear it! There was some good noises about that lad when he joined us and I haven't really seen him play that much.

I've seen him play for the ressies a few times. They were solid performances without him really standing out much. His build reminds me of Plessis although Palsson seems a better passer of the ball. Good to hear the result and the performance was good.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Aug 18, 2009 07:13:38 am
      Excellent news. Well done kiddies :)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      Reply #14: Aug 18, 2009 07:49:23 am
      Right first things first. Team that started

Bouzanis

Irwin Darby Mavinga Threlfal

Amoo Palsson Wiejl Bruna

Eccleston  Pacheco

Crowd of around 8000 which would be a full house. Vast majority Liverpool with a splattering of Bohs faithful!

Bohemians had there 2nd 11 out as they have a cup replay this evening but this was still a very good work out for the lads. Pacheco very much playing the playmaker role. I was surprised to see Wiejl centre midfield but he worked hard. Not too many clear cut chances in the first half but for me what ws importat was the way the lads attempted to play the game, all on the deck, pass and move.

Second half Nemeth came on which saw Pacheco go to the left, Bruna made way, and it was from here things realy got going. Pacheco ran amok on the left and Nemeth's runs were diffrent class to what went before. However despite it being one way traffic it must have been around the 86th minute before the 1st goal came courtesy of Nemeth from a lovely ball from Pacheco. Finished superbly by Kristian. Moments later and Pacheco was taken out as he gllided into the box for a peno. Pacheco took hit himself and buried it for a well deserved 2 0 win

Pacheco was given the man of the match award but for me the stand out player of the 90 minutes was Palsson. He was awesome. The tackles he put in were old school fully committed and always took the ball. On top of that his vision for a pass was impressive also. Could have a top player in him

The usual suspects Irwin and Darby played well and Mavinga at centre back impressed me also. It could be a very good season ahead for John Mcmahon

One final word on David Amoo, he looks like he's bulked up a bit over the summer, if Rafa can get in his head he has the potential to be a Barnes type player in the future. Heres hoping!

Quick Reply