Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Overrated players (Non-LFC)

Read 9242 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Overrated players (Non-LFC)
      Reply #46: Aug 28, 2009 11:02:31 pm
      Ibrahimovic - Thinks he's the worlds best player but yet never does it in the big games or against an English team and is generally over rated.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #47: Aug 28, 2009 11:04:01 pm
      Ibrahimovic - Thinks he's the worlds best player but yet never does it in the big games or against an English team and is generally over rated.

Agreed. And he's one lazy mother.

It will be interesting actually to see how he pans out for Barcelona. Obviously he'll score a lot of goals but I'm not so sure it was a wise move swapping Eto'o for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #48: Aug 28, 2009 11:15:00 pm
      Agreed. And he's one lazy mother.

It will be interesting actually to see how he pans out for Barcelona. Obviously he'll score a lot of goals but I'm not so sure it was a wise move swapping Eto'o for him.

As well as 40mill.

Eto'o is twice the player IMO.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 29, 2009 12:51:35 am
      Ibrahimovich-£40m plus Eto-Jose must be laughing all the way to the bank.this guy has never impressed me..

Rooney-need i say more?
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #50: Aug 30, 2009 10:30:16 am
      Giggs and Ibrahimovic
      Giggs- How on earth did he win player of the season, started something like 13 games last season? In each of those games he started he must have contributed to about two goals, I thought it was a joke when I heard he won on the radio.
      Ibrahimovic- He was the reason that Inter lost of the two legs against us in the CL. Never thought he was great, take Eto'o and 40 mil any day, even on his best!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #51: Aug 31, 2009 05:03:57 am
      ^Benforrest - Everyone knows he didn't deserve to win player of the season, it was more given to him because he's had a good career, which obviously isn't fair.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #52: Aug 31, 2009 05:20:00 am
      Evra. I don't think he's that good going forward, he is a very one-dimensional player. He goes forward all the time and he doesn't offer that much threat either. He's tricky and sends crosses in but that's about it. He does the simple things right but put him against a strong winger and he's gonna crumble. Besides, he's lacking in pace, as well.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic. No chance is he worth Eto'o with 40 million. Never rated him at all and I think he's just as lazy and slack. He doesn't look as a good professional to me and disappears in big games. Also not a player who can change in the game in one instant and needs lots of opportunities to score. Lacklustre player.

Nani and Anderson are overrated as compared to what sections of the media display him to be - but everyone here also thinks the same thing as me, even mancs.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #53: Sep 03, 2009 04:02:19 pm
      Berbatov springs up in my mind almost instantly! I mean who would pay 30 million pounds for a him? Has he ever heard the term 'work'?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #54: Sep 03, 2009 04:26:12 pm
      Anderson. How much did the scum spend on him? Was it £17M? Or 25? He's absoultely hurrendous, along with the rest of their ageing midfield.

Couldn't agree more. Anderson is a joke.
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #55: Sep 03, 2009 08:25:37 pm
      Roy Keane....he was dirty, had no pace, and I believe Gerrard, Alonso, Essien, Totti, Iniesta, Xavi are all FAR better then he ever ever was. I was having an argument with a Utd fan in work, she said Keane is the greatest player to put on a Utd shirt, and better then Gerrard will ever be. I was just speechless. He is not even 50% of Gerrard for me.

Gareth Barry. He cost us Xabi, and I can't believe we wanted him over Xabi.

Lescott. Cannot believe he has been sold for £24 million. He has shown nothing, and just shows how inflated the market is now.

Peter Cech. Two good seasons, has been questionable ever since the mistake he made in the euro's.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #56: Sep 03, 2009 08:40:01 pm
      Ibrahimovic for me as every time i have watched him he has disappointed me,talks a good game but can not follow it up on the pitch.

Deco has never impressed me either.
      ERMIS REDS
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #57: Sep 03, 2009 08:51:32 pm
      Carrick...20m....would not play him in Liverpool reserves ...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #58: Sep 03, 2009 09:04:50 pm
      Ibrahimovic for me as every time I have watched him he has disappointed me,talks a good game but can not follow it up on the pitch.

Agree mate. Mourinho must be laughing all the way to the bank after getting 40m euros plus eto'o (who I think is better) for him!
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #59: Sep 03, 2009 09:11:14 pm
      Nicholas Bendtner, can't believe that Barcelona and Inter Milan were apparantly sniffing after him. Whilst we are the subject of player's called Nicholas, the sulky one from Stamford Bridge - Not Drogba - also is well over rated as well -
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #60: Sep 03, 2009 09:26:06 pm
      Mia Farrow. Oh sorry I mean Michael Carrick is the luckiest man in the world. Not only does he have a film stars haircut, but he gets payed to pretend to play football. He is a bag of shi*e. He is so bad that I swear to god I am knocking on the old scumfarm door tomorrow for a trial. I can jog round in circles for an hour or so, miss pens and cut my hair with the wallpaper scissors. No problem, you purple faced pr**k, just give me three grand a week and I will blow your pipes as well. Please don't sell the waster.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #61: Sep 03, 2009 09:44:26 pm
      I dont think I would consider John Terry overrated. He is not a goal scorer but he is an awesome "Field General" .

I tend to gauge an athlete or player not just by stats and scoring but overall ability and stature on the field of play. I think once his playing days come to an end he will make an excellent coach. He knows the game and he wins.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #62: Sep 04, 2009 12:45:38 am
      Nicolas Bentdner or however it's spelt. Absolute joke of a player.

Gabby Agbonlahor, has pace but sod all else.

James McFadden, overrated by himself more than anybody. Last year in the Championship said he should be playing Champions League football, only on footy manager lad.

David Dunn, sh*t player from start to finish. Why people thought he'd be an England regular I don't know.

Johan Elmander, what has he done for Bolton? Waste of space, especially for the money he cost.

David Nugent, embarrassment to Scousers. Makes a show of himself every time he plays in the Premiership. Championship player only.

Ashley Cole, can't defend to save his life. Isn't even great at going forward. Best left back in the world? Not a chance.

Steven Pienaar, how he got into the Merseyside XI last year I don't know.

Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamoa, I can't separate these two because they're the most overrated strike force in England. Neither are good enough for the Prem.

Stephen Hunt, like McFadden more overrated by himself than anybody. Good player but the way he carries on you'd think he was as good as Barnes in his prime.

Gareth Barry, sh*t player, end of.

Dmiritar Berbatov, lazy c**t who had one good year with Spurs then thought he was the bees knees.

David James, he wasn't known as Calamity for nothing. Still constantly makes cock ups and people class him as one of the best keepers in the land.

James Beattie, a bit like David Dunn. Why people expected him to be an England regular is beyond me, big tub of lard who doesn't score enough.

Kenwyne Jones, looked good for Southampton and a good start with Sunderland but now looks out of his depth and people still think he's a European class player.

Tom Huddlestone, sh*t, end of.

Matt Upson, good player but nothing more. Certainly not good enough for England or a top four club but people put him up there as one of the best in the league.

Jason Koumas, all hype at Tranmere, since moving up to the Premiership hasn't delivered.

Matt Murray, how people thought he'd be England's number one is another that I can't quite grasp.
      martinlfc199
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #63: Sep 04, 2009 03:22:11 am
      I'd have to say Gary Neville .... a game last season he replaced i think maybe Vidic and i remember (it may have been jamie redknapp) saying he was a world class defender how he gets in an attakers face and the way he taunts them and basically trys puttin people off with his constant yappa well the display he then followed to give, gave me the impression he was just harassing players for their phone numbers and just slumping out the way like a useless bole o porridge ..... beside that its not the 1st time ive heard him hiped up and ive never seen anything special from the manc reject.

Quick Reply