Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Ezequiel Garay (Real Madrid)

Read 2429 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Ezequiel Garay (Real Madrid)
      Aug 18, 2009 01:47:13 am
      Garay Wanted On Loan
      Benitez has also enquired about the Real Madrid centre half Ezequiel Garay, and he may have more joy in that direction, with the Spanish giants ready to consider a further loan period for the 22 year old.

Liverpool's Spanish boss was actually in the market for Garay a year ago, but was beaten to the punch by Madrid, who snapped up the Argentina international for £10million, and promptly loaned him back to his former club Racing Santander.

That loan period was up in June, but with the Bernabeu side signing Valencia centre half Raul Albiol in the summer they have no room in the squad for Garay and will consider another loan.

That will suit Benitez perfectly, because he knows that the frankly insulting £1.5million will do little more than pay the loan fee for a year.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-boss-Rafa-Benitez-left-devastated-after-owners-tell-him-he-has-just-1-5million-to-spend-article119267.html

I don't know too much about him though many rate him highly as a player with good potential.

robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Re: Ezequiel Garay (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Aug 18, 2009 01:54:48 am
      could do with a loaner like this its all we can afford, and he is not perminent so our defenders wont be too pissed off.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2: Aug 18, 2009 01:57:12 am
      I think if Rafa could pull this off it would be a good deal. We need stronger cover but we do not have enough money for cover but the cover that we were rumored to have liked were far too expensive and wanted 1st team football so a loan for a youngster would be a good move in my eyes.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3: Aug 18, 2009 03:57:36 am
      Loan is a good idea
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Aug 18, 2009 07:24:58 am
      Perfect loanee. A tad short though when i saw him playing.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #5: Aug 18, 2009 09:26:40 am
      I think if Rafa could pull this off it would be a good deal. We need stronger cover but we do not have enough money for cover but the cover that we were rumored to have liked were far too expensive and wanted 1st team football so a loan for a youngster would be a good move in my eyes.

How good can he be if he cant get into the Madrid team with their sh1te defenders...I bet no-one has seen him play enough to comment properly.

Heres an idea, we want a cheap defender, go and get Sol Campbell as back up, still good enough and is ready to go to Newcastle for £15,000 a week say the press. Proven ans still capable.

None of this bullsh1t Madrid cast offs.....
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: Aug 18, 2009 01:58:31 pm
      How good can he be if he cant get into the Madrid team with their sh1te defenders...I bet no-one has seen him play enough to comment properly.

Heres an idea, we want a cheap defender, go and get Sol Campbell as back up, still good enough and is ready to go to Newcastle for £15,000 a week say the press. Proven ans still capable.

He was excellent for Racing Santander... Don't question my footballing knowledge  :f_tongueincheek:

No but seriously, he was really good there. And 4th choice at the end of the day, he is more than capable for that position
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #7: Aug 18, 2009 02:18:31 pm
      He was excellent for Racing Santander... Don't question my footballing knowledge  :f_tongueincheek:

No but seriously, he was really good there. And 4th choice at the end of the day, he is more than capable for that position

If you have honestly seen him play regularly then fair enough but I think there is a better option in SC out there if we move quickly.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #8: Aug 19, 2009 02:28:47 pm

He is a non-eu player and in Spain they can only have a limited number of those, among other regulations
      JayP
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • It's Rush!
      Reply #9: Aug 19, 2009 03:05:54 pm
      While I agree that he would be a good option as cover on a loan deal, I think he would improve under Benitez. That means he will become a better player after his spell with us. I dont think we should be improving Real's players for them.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 19, 2009 07:50:57 pm
      While I agree that he would be a good option as cover on a loan deal, I think he would improve under Benitez. That means he will become a better player after his spell with us. I dont think we should be improving Real's players for them.
      Maybe we can keep him after that.
      He's good on the ball and could provide cover in all defensive possitions.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Aug 19, 2009 11:32:26 pm
      Would have been a good deal but seeing as we look as though we all but have the Greek defender signed i very much doubt this move is anything more than a rumour.

Quick Reply