Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Rafael Van der Vaart (Real Madrid)

Read 16802 times
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Rafael Van der Vaart (Real Madrid)
      Aug 20, 2009 10:38:04 am
      Spanish media claim Dutch star deal is imminent

Reports in Spanish publication Sport have claimed that Liverpool are in pole position to sign Dutch international Rafael Van de Vaart from Real Madrid. The 26-year-old playmaker has been told by the Bernabeu hierarchy that he has no future in the famous white jerseys and has been desperately searching across Europe for a new club. Having already rejected a move to former club Ajax and made clear he does not want to stay in Spain, the former Hamburg man has made clear he pictures a future in either Germany, England or Italy. Linked with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, the mooted £11.5m fee could represent something of a coup for the Anfield outfit who have already spent £20m securing the services of Alberto Aquilani from AS Roma as a replacement for Xabi Alonso

-This would be an interesting signing I think Van de Vaart could do very well for us - by the way found it on sport.uk but its a good few media sources this morning.
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2009 11:47:14 am by Reslivo »
      steviejoe
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Re: Rafael Van de Vaart - Real Madrid
      Reply #1: Aug 20, 2009 10:41:36 am
      He would be a brilliant signing but is there the money there to get him?

He would add some strength in depth that we really need
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Rafael Van de Vaart (Real Madrid)
      Reply #2: Aug 20, 2009 10:44:09 am
      Could you whack a source link on there please, else I might have to close this thread.

Thanks.
      steviejoe
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 20, 2009 10:50:07 am
      Liverpool are reportedly set to launch a €11.5 million bid to bring in Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur target Rafael van der Vaart to Anfield.

According to a report in Sport, Rafael Benitez is on the verge of offering Real Madrid €11.5m for the highly-rated midfielder, although many reports have claimed that he has little or no money left to spend over the next two weeks.

The Dutchman has been constantly linked to a host of clubs throughout Europe this summer as a second Galactico era rises in the Spanish capital.

The recent comments by the 26-year-old, stating that he would not be joining another Spanish club, led to him being linked with a move to the Premier League, and a chance to play in the Champions League under the Reds' banner may be difficult to pass up.

This suggestion remains in stark contrast to earlier reports from England, which seemed to point towards 'Rafa' having little more than scraps to play with in the transfer market.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2009/08/20/1450621/liverpool-on-the-verge-of-115m-bid-for-real-madrids-rafael
      steviejoe
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 20, 2009 10:54:13 am
      Liverpool are ready to make an offer for Rafael van der Vaart, the Real Madrid midfield player. However, given that the Holland playmaker would cost about £10 million and Benítez has nearly exhausted his budget, there is little chance of a deal.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6802539.ece
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #5: Aug 20, 2009 10:57:25 am
      I reckon he would be a pretty good signing although there would be two problems 1. lack of funds and 2. I can't see a place in the first 11 for him and I don't think he'd like that.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Aug 20, 2009 10:58:17 am
      How do I do that Reslivo, the site I took that report off is Sports.co.uk
      BlackenedUK
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 20, 2009 11:08:39 am
                            Reina
      Johnson  Carragher  Skrtel  Insua
                       Mascherano
      Kuyt  Vaart             Gerrard  Reira
                          Torres

Looks like an awesome formation for me, obviously with Aquilani going to be back in around 6 weeks might need a tweak, but for now that would be superb.

Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #8: Aug 20, 2009 11:09:30 am
      Liverpool to Make Offer for Fantastic £10m Playmaker Van der Vaart
      by David Fairclough Supersub on August 20th, 2009
          Liverpool are ready to make an offer for Rafael van der Vaart, the Real Madrid midfield player. However, given that the Holland playmaker would cost about £10 million and Benítez has nearly exhausted his budget, there is little chance of a deal. (Times Online)

Let’s bask in that all round tip top performance yesterday and whilst doing so contemplate just how wonderfully this Dutch Master would fit into the equation. Perhaps now, after seeing Rafa’s side triumph over Stoke, Hicks and Gillett will hand the boss some cash, but I doubt it.

Apparently we only had £1.5m to spend and of course we used that to get cover for the defence by signing the Greek Centre Back who’s name I can never quite get right. The amount of money that Real Madrid reportedly want for Van der Vaart is astonishing and if we had the cash I would be hopeful of signing him but we don’t, or maybe we do? Oh I just don’t care any more!

If the Yanks pulled out the funds to complete this deal they would go up in the estimation of a great many Liverpool fans who right now are very dubious of their intentions.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/08/20/liverpool-to-make-offer-for-fantastic-10m-playmaker-van-der-vaart/

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2009 11:16:50 am by Reslivo »
      sanja
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 20, 2009 11:10:47 am
      i think he'd be a damn good signing!Player iv'e always admired
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 20, 2009 11:14:47 am
      Hell yeah, come to Anfield Rafael... and bring your hot wife for all da lads!!!

sanja
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 20, 2009 11:16:47 am
      his poor wifes got cancer mate...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #12: Aug 20, 2009 11:17:30 am
      Good stuff, good stuff.

Let's hope we land him, he's quite a versatile player and will add yet more flair to our attacking line-up.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #13: Aug 20, 2009 11:19:34 am
      Not happening.

We don't have £10m and also I don't think he will join a club where he won't be first choice.

I don't rate him either but obviously that's not a reason why the deal won't happen!
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      Reply #14: Aug 20, 2009 11:22:12 am
      his poor wifes got cancer mate...
      I know, poor woman - so young too... But she's still hot :)
      steviejoe
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #15: Aug 20, 2009 11:24:13 am
      Rafael Van Der Vaart Compilation

How could ya not get excited about a player like him?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #16: Aug 20, 2009 11:33:10 am
      Liverpool are ready to make an offer for Rafael van der Vaart, the Real Madrid midfield player. However, given that the Holland playmaker would cost about £10 million and Benítez has nearly exhausted his budget, there is little chance of a deal. (Times Online)

Am I the only one who thinks this piece of journalism(?) makes no f**king sense what so ever?

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #17: Aug 20, 2009 11:40:47 am
      Am I the only one who thinks this piece of journalism(?) makes no f**king sense what so ever?

I thought exactly the same thing. Does it mean we will offer something but not the £10 million asking price?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #18: Aug 20, 2009 11:49:05 am
      Rafa said last night we have enough money for now.

How ambiguous a statement is that?!

But still, that could mean that we've had a bid accepted for VdV.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Rafael Van der Vaart (Real Madrid)
      Reply #19: Aug 20, 2009 11:53:33 am
      Interesting!
      BlackenedUK
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 20, 2009 11:56:08 am
      I have a feeling the 1.5m is just a cover, there's still about 12 days of the transfer window left and I think rafa might still surprise us.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if the owners have just given 1.5m for the transfer kitty.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #21: Aug 20, 2009 12:00:01 pm
      Yes please that would be an excellent addition.
      khawja
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #22: Aug 20, 2009 12:07:10 pm
      Guys i think its just a rumour. If Benitez did want Van Der Vart, he could have had swooped him in the Alonso deal!! He didnt opt for it!!
      Where exactly do u expect Van to play?? Benayoun is doing well. Aquilani will also be back.

Quick Reply