Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Press is all Anti-Liverpool (The Evidence)

Read 4732 times
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Re: The Press is all Anti-Liverpool (The Evidence)
      Reply #46: Aug 19, 2009 09:59:13 pm
      Seems as if a team called Burnley( anybody?) has defeated the great Man UTD! So we get beaten by Spurs and our title challenge is over. Lets wait and see tomorrow about the great Man UTD's title challenge. Should be dead and buried!
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #47: Aug 19, 2009 10:42:13 pm
      Be interesting to see if United are written off as title contenders like we were after tonight's results.

Said the exact same to my mate a while ago. You can bet it's just a 'slip-up' for United even though Spurs are a far better side than Burnley.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #48: Aug 19, 2009 11:59:32 pm
      one thing that got my goat tonight was this idiot from the bbc digging away to Rafa about pressure in the media especially on the radio, (1.08)..as if Benitez might be the first manager to go this season.

made me laugh though his response.

'I couldn't hear the radio'  :D

Liverpool can improve further - Benitez

passenger815
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 20, 2009 02:51:58 am
      I dunno if its just me but I think the Times coverage is quite decent. Probably because the chief football writer, Tony Evans, is a flag-waving red, but we do seem to get the rub of the green in there.

Personally, only getting into football in the 90's I've always put the bias against Liverpool down to how much the press are intimidated by Ferguson. Noone wants to upset him in case he does to them what he did to BBC and cut off access. It just makes you laugh that Rafa is often seen as some form of laughing stock half the time and his achievements nearly seen as 'fluke' here yet he is genuinely respected as on the best coaches in the world by the rest of Europe.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #50: Aug 20, 2009 07:55:36 am
      made me laugh though his response.

'I couldn't hear the radio'  :D

He had his Led Zep CD on in the car. :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #51: Aug 20, 2009 11:31:50 pm
      They are all a bunch of scavengers just looking for a story.

I ignore them all.....well most of them anyway  ;) Wouldn't give them the time of day.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #52: Aug 20, 2009 11:41:20 pm
      They are all a bunch of scavengers just looking for a story.

I ignore them all.....well most of them anyway  ;) Wouldn't give them the time of day.

Same here MsG. Water and ducks back come to mind.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #53: Aug 21, 2009 06:36:40 pm
      Quote from: Republik of Mancunia Interviewing Guardian Reporter Rob Smyth

What did you make of the press’ refusal to bring attention to the behaviour of Liverpool fans at the Spirit of Shankly end of season do?

RS: It was disappointing but not at all surprising. I do think the football media and authorities are to some extent scared of Liverpool. Two examples last season spring to mind: the lack of criticism/punishment for their show of support for Michael Shields, and Jamie Carragher’s admission in his autobiography that he was considering getting his friends to ‘do’ Lucas Neill. I’m all for interesting, non-creosote autobiographies, and apparently Carragher’s is pretty good in that respect, but a precedent was set with the way Keane was both punished by the FA and abused in the media in 2002 and yet it wasn’t adhered to in this example. It’s probably paranoia, but I genuinely think that, had United been involved in any of those situations, the reaction would have been significantly different.

Hmm... yeah like when United's players sang that won it three times song on the pitch in Moscow and their PR department threatened any reporter, like Oliver Kay, who was forced to re-write his piece.

Hypocritical wankers, you betcha!

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #54: Aug 22, 2009 02:07:07 am
      The Anti Liverpool Theory goes beyond the press. How can Chelsea get a win against Hull by being awarded a goal scoring oportunity from a free kick that never was. Then Hull get turned down a stone wall penalty to force a draw. Meanwhile accross London, Liverpool, the next day are refused TWO stone wall penalties against Spurs.
      United Play badly agains Burnley but they will be back on song soon, Fergassun will see to that. Liverpool play badly against Spurs, and our season is over already. Rafa has lost the plot. We are in desperate trouble financially with Rafa only having 2 mill pound transferr fund left so we are doomed to failure once again. If we go on an unbeaten run of games, it will be because we have spent so heavily during the transferr window. Who gives a toss what every one else thinks. It's been the same since the seventies and eighties. Some thing will never change. Yeah, we will always be succesfull because we have more pride, belief and spirit than any other club in the country. Not to mention support. The words 'You'll never walk alone' encompasses the true supporters of Liverpool F.C.  It's what makes us envied by the rest of the footballing nation. Thats the spirit they will continue to try and break but will never succeed. We are one, and unlike any others.

Quick Reply