Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Yanks Out!!!

Read 13683 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Yanks Out!!!
      Reply #46: Aug 23, 2009 03:11:24 am
      Its those few who dont make noise at games that didnt join in the protests we sang at Anfield against Stoke.

They were silently protesting ;) :D
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #47: Aug 23, 2009 03:46:01 am

Well they can silently protest in the Annie Road stand then :D
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #48: Aug 23, 2009 03:14:38 pm
       Mail on Sunday - Liverpool debts mean that Rafa Benitez's spending days are over
      Rafa Benitez's hopes of challenging Manchester United to end Liverpool's 19-year wait for a title seem to have been extinguished already after he was told last week that the remainder of his transfer budget for the summer would be £2million - a revelation which seems to have prompted the highly-charged midweek atmosphere at Melwood and the reports that the manager was poised to quit.

Benitez, whose relationship with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett has been strained since they took over the club, denied that but admitted yesterday that following the signing of AEK Athens defender Sotirios Krygiakos for a fee said to be close to £2m, that his spending looked to be over for now.
      Rafa Benitez

'I don't think there will be more,' he said.

Given that the reported £18.5m fee for Glen Johnson amounted to little more than £10m, once money Portsmouth still owed for Peter Crouch had been taken into account, and the £20m fee for Roma's Alberto Aquliani was offset by the £30m received for Xabi Alonso, Benitez in effect has had no additional transfer funds.

It is difficult not to draw the conclusion that Hicks and Gillett's debt has scuppered any chance of building on last year's second-place finish.

All hail the yanks. Hail them I say! And their £2m transfer budget.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #49: Aug 23, 2009 03:19:28 pm
      During the game show the players your support and love but outside of Anfeild when you see those two tossers  ........................ .egg them !

And throw those ' Give Hicks&Gillete the red card" leaflets at them too .......they have no emotions to the only way to get them is physically ! ( not violent .....but ruin their suits when you have a chance ;D ! )
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #50: Aug 23, 2009 04:34:09 pm
      I disagree completely mate, we as fans are the only people that can do something about this. Fair enough, it won't get to a point where nobody goes to the games or buys the shirt but what about sponsorship? You think sponsors want to spend massive amounts of money to a club where the ownership is absolutely hated by the fans? Rule #1 in business, keep your customers happy and in football the fans are the customers. At the end of the day, sponsors pay money to try get us to buy their products and we might not be so inclined if we were to start viewing them as the corporate side of things. Therefore, us fans voicing our displeasure might be the thing that forces the Yank's hands if they can't attract decent sponsorship.
      The only customers these two clowns will be keeping happy are Hicks and Gillet and no one else
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #51: Aug 26, 2009 10:02:27 pm
      This only on page 3.

It sums up the sorry mess Liverpool are in when people spend all their time directing their anger at a young Brazilian midfielder and completely ignore two owners stealing £1 million from Liverpool FC every 9 days, pocketing around £17 million in transfer sales in 2009, and severely hampering our golden chance of winning the title.

Some fans need to wake up and re-direct their anger and frustration in the right place.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #52: Aug 26, 2009 10:05:16 pm
      This only on page 3.

It sums up the sorry mess Liverpool are in when people spend all their time directing their anger at a young Brazilian midfielder and completely ignore two owners stealing £1 million from Liverpool FC every 9 days, pocketing around £17 million in transfer sales in 2009, and severely hampering our golden chance of winning the title.

Some fans need to wake up and re-direct their anger and frustration in the right place.

Spot on. Its actually a bit depressing when look at it that way. :(
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #53: Aug 26, 2009 10:09:35 pm
      I think it also suggest a lot of us are losing hope in ever seeing the back of them

Do either have any health issues? And I make no apolagies for saying that
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #54: Aug 26, 2009 10:53:44 pm
      After Monday night something just does not feel right watching the reds play at the mo! I really really hope the feckin yanks have not started to cause grief on the pitch again because all we need is 1 or 2 tweeks to the squad and we have a great shout for the league this year!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #55: Aug 26, 2009 10:56:10 pm
      It will not be that long before these leaches have to pay their 60mill in interests,....
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #56: Aug 26, 2009 11:03:31 pm
      It will not be that long before these leaches have to pay their 60mill in interests,....

shower of b******s!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: Aug 27, 2009 08:32:08 am
      These f**king Clowns have to go, it's a disgrace that one of the biggest clubs in the world are funding their transfers by out going sales.
      These bas**rds have broke so many promises I.e the new stadium, Funds being available every season to sign world class players, it's just laughable, Now if they have used our protracted transfer budget to pay of our debts, if it was to save us going into administration I would be understanding had they not heaped the debt on this club in the first place and considering Gillet sold the Montreal Canadiens for £330 million, If he had the best interest of our club and fans at heart he would have cleared our debts and provided funds to strengthen this season. All these two bas**rds are interested in doing is bleeding this cub dry and making a maximun profit when it comes to selling up.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2009 08:54:35 am by RedLFCBlood »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #58: Aug 27, 2009 08:51:02 am

To be fair, the anger and frustration against the owners is spread across the Hicks and Gillett thread, the various threads about lack of transfer funds, the threads about our financial difficulties, even the Summer Transfer Board.

I think it was Brian who very astutely mentioned earlier that he thought there was perhaps a sense of resignation that the owners are set to be around for longer than we would have liked, and I think that's fair. There have been some many hopes raised in the Possible Takeover thread, that have time and again been dashed beyond all reason (some of the offers they have refused beggars belief). Now the summer has passed and any deadlines they had with RBS have been pushed on, I think people are feeling powerless and need to vent their anger.

Off the field, Hicks and Gillett are almost untouchable - their stoic refusal to comment on the situation or talk to the fans means our questions remain unanswered. Why they presented Rafa with no transfer funds, where the money Rafa raised has gone, and the endless list of unkept promises - off the field, there is still huge tension.

I think that because of this, some of us are unecessarily hard (or realistic, they would say) in their assessment of Lucas Leiva. Our poor start to the season has many reasons, but I feel people are focalising their anger on one source. He's a target, has merited criticism like any player in the past, and will continue to cause debate I am sure. But I think an accumulation of other pressures has led people to "vent their spleen" on an easy (and present!) target.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #59: Aug 27, 2009 10:26:38 am
      It sickens me to see these two leeches bleed our club dry but seriously what can be done about it? These two obviously don't give a toss about the fans or the club in general so any sort of protest isn't going to work. In my opinion the only way we are going to get the club back to where we belong is by getting rid of these two the trouble is RBS just refinanced them so our biggest chance of them being forced to sell the club has gone, so unless someone gives into their ridiculous valuation of the club we are stuck with them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Aug 27, 2009 12:11:30 pm
      I complelety agree JD this thread should have 70 or 80 pages. I think with these 2 clowns as our owners it is going to get harder and harder to win a premiership. How much will Rafa be given next summer to spend what happens if we don't qualify for the Champions league will we have to sell a couple of our top players. Where the f'ck is the stadium ye pair of leeches. With these owners I really fear for our future. If they couldn't put there hands in there pockets when we were so close to the title I really really fear for us.
      markbfm
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #61: Aug 27, 2009 03:07:51 pm
      Having read all of your posts on this thread I have devised a plan: I am going to pray for God to smite them.

Smite them, oh Mighty Smiter!
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #62: Aug 27, 2009 03:29:13 pm
      It is quite something, that one of the biggest brands in world sport and probably the club which has the 2nd highest amount of supporters worldwide after the scum, has no money!!!!!

How is it possible to have such a huge and popular brand and lose money like those tw*ts have done.  Maybe they thought owning Liverpool Football club was like owning a Baseball team in the states, but no one told them that unlike the Dallas Rangers, the support for our team is in every continent on earth, and not just the city the team plays in, and people like me are willing to make a 6 hour round trip just to watch them play.

The scum realised this some years ago and acted on it.  now they easily service their debt and have money spare to spend.  we can't even service the bloody debt and have to re-negotiate every six months at a worse interest rate, which means we will more debt and even less to spend on players.  it's sheer bloody incompetence.

It's a bag of sh*te. :f_steam:
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #63: Aug 27, 2009 03:44:03 pm
      Unless you are a Billionaire and have had several big company failures then I doubt if you could get inside these two arrogant mens heads. We are merely a cash cow to them and they will take lots of money out of this club and when its on its knees they will sell it. they have no feeling for the club or its supporters. If you want to get them out dont go to any games or buy any merchandise for a month it is the only language they understand but I would bet my house on it not happening and yet it could be decided in 4 weeks. With no crowd and no additional revenue it would be impossible to ignore us. I can dream but it wont happen and they will rape our club and leave on its knees.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #64: Aug 27, 2009 03:56:44 pm
      There owners sickens me. They've don't nothing for the club but are only making us go backwards. They promised money but never gave any.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #65: Aug 27, 2009 04:33:01 pm
      There owners sickens me. They've don't nothing for the club but are only making us go backwards. They promised money but never gave any.
      They have the knack of making funds disappear to service loans they took out to initially buy the players they did, so in effect all they have accomplished is to put the club deeper into the red - in this instance that is not the desired colour.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #66: Aug 27, 2009 06:20:20 pm
      Is it unbelieveable when our chief executive was asked were we going to buy anyone before the transfer deadline he sniggered and said don't bank on it. If them Americans aren't ousted this season we are basically f'cked.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #67: Aug 27, 2009 06:28:58 pm
      My greatest fear is Rafa just walks out one of these days unable to stand the Yanks. He did fall out at with owners at Valencia because of transfer funds didn't he ?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #68: Aug 27, 2009 07:48:09 pm
      My greatest fear is Rafa just walks out one of these days unable to stand the Yanks. He did fall out at with owners at Valencia because of transfer funds didn't he ?

Yup he certainly did

Quick Reply