Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rafinha (Schalke04)

Read 4113 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Rafinha (Schalke04)
      Reply #23: May 03, 2008 01:16:13 pm
      Schalke insist that Liverpool target Rafinha is staying put.

The Brazilian full-back has long been linked with a summer move to Anfield.

But the club have always insisted no offer has been made and they are adamant they do not want him to leave.

General manager Andreas Muller claims the club's prized assets such as Rafinha and Jermaine Jones would be staying put.

"So far, I have not received any enquiries for the players," Muller told Bild.

"We want to try and win the Champions League next season with both Jermaine Jones and Rafinha."

^^^sky sports
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #24: Jul 28, 2008 03:31:02 pm
      With reports of Arbeloa wanting to return to la liga for personal reasons and a mystery £6 million offer coming in we have once again been linked to rafinha.

Rafinha Back On Liverpool Radar

Brazilian fullback Rafinha is once again being linked with a possible transfer to Premier League side Liverpool.

He has long been linked with a move to the Merseyside giants with Reds boss Rafa Benitez a confirmed admirer of the Schalke right back. 

With Alvaro Arbeloa being linked with a move back to Spain following a mystery £6 million bid, money could well be available for the purchase of Rafinha. 

The Brazilian is also in dispute with his club at the moment over the Olympics, and his future at the Bundesliga club is far for certain. 

He was called up by coach Carlos Dunga for the summer’s Olympic tournament, but was told by Schalke he couldn’t go.  However, Rafinha has gone against the club’s wishes and travelled regardless. 

Any parting of the ways at the Veltins Arena will surely awake the interest of Liverpool amongst others.

-------------------------------------------------------

If Arbeloa really goes for around £6 million i think we should get rafinha. He's still pretty young and seems a good fullback available for a good price.The only downside i can see is he will be at the olympics teaming up with Lucas and the brazil side and would miss the first couple of games like mascherano, lucas and babel. I still think its worth getting him though, due to his age he is a player for the present and the future and as he has already stated when we were first linked he is really keen on a move to liverpool.
      Kopkingo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #25: Jul 28, 2008 03:40:27 pm
      Agree we would need a RB and Rafinha would be a good option.  How about putting that 6mil into the kitty for Silva though and using Degen (when fit), Finnan, Carra and even Darby when required?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Jul 28, 2008 09:35:15 pm
      I wouldnt like to see Arbeloa going, but on the other hand I would love to see Rafinha in a red shirt. Very good player and stills young...

When there was reports saying Schalke would end his contract if he really went to the Olympic Games against the clubs wishes (a pathetic attitude by the german club IMO), he said something like "If they really do that, I wont take long to find a new club... a lot of big clubs were behind me but the club didnt accept their bids, like Liverpool"
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #27: Jul 29, 2008 10:13:36 am

Rafinha has again shown up on Rafael Benitez radar, the Telegraph is reporting, after realizing Alvaro Arbeloa’s problems adjusting to life in Liverpool.

Benitez is known to be an admirer of the talented Brazilian full-back, and the Liverpool manager sees this as an ideal moment to make a bid as the player is currently in a dispute with his club over his participation at Olympics.

Over three months ago the 22 year-old Rafinha revealed he would be interested in a move to Liverpool, “Liverpool is a top destination.”
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______

He is young and talented. A good replacement.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Jul 29, 2008 10:21:58 am
      Wouldnt want Arby to move but if that meant Rafinha coming in, i'm all for it. He has a much better all round game in terms of attack and defence.

Quick Reply