Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match today? (Somehow)

Fernando Torres
      (8.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      (29.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (9.4%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (22.3%)
      Emiliano Insua
      (4.3%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (23.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (2.2%)

Liverpool FC vs Aston Villa: Post match grumblings

Read 54774 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Liverpool FC vs Aston Villa: Post match grumblings
      Reply #46: Aug 24, 2009 10:11:26 pm
      One more thing, Voronin's high balls has never reached a teammate!
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #47: Aug 24, 2009 10:12:03 pm
      I'd rather not say anything
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #48: Aug 24, 2009 10:12:13 pm
      Only a few players turned up tonight ! thought Skerts was good ,Carra( mr liverpool) good ,Johnson fair,apart from that our other players had no touch ! passes that normally would be accurate were astray,slow movement ,Voronin and Babel came on as subs ,we'd have had more joy from schoolboys than these two ! anyway moan over :) let's hope the crap is out of the way now and we can find our game ..C'MON YOU REDS !!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #49: Aug 24, 2009 10:12:25 pm
      And that performance as much as i hate the two yanks this was nothing to do with them
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1 - 0 Aston Villa: Post match Grumblings
      Reply #50: Aug 24, 2009 10:12:26 pm
      You f**king kidding me?

Bar Carra and Mascherano (and maybe Johnson) they were all sh*t. No heart, no desire, nothing. Passing was poor, there was no tempo to the game. It was awful, one of the worst displays of recent times.
      Maybe Johnson? I think you will find Johnson was as excellent as one can be when playing on the losing side. His attack play was good, his touch excellent, and though he doesn't excel quite to those heights in his defensive duties, certainly no 'maybe's' concerning his committed performance tonight.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #51: Aug 24, 2009 10:13:07 pm
      can't say much really,  we very much deserved to lose , Ok some bad decisions by the ref in the 1st half, but he had nothing to do with our  bad performance  continuing in the second , I just save Carra and maybe Insua/johnson  from the whole team  all the rest played BAD today
        I'm sure we will bounce back soon enough , BUT we really need more concentration from all , cannot be up there in the table playing good every other game , More than that we lost at anfield  after 39 games(I think) so thats gone too
       Have faith, YNWA
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #52: Aug 24, 2009 10:13:13 pm
      didn't play well first half but to be 2 down was harsh. Penalty was an absolute killer 3 mins after we scored was set up for a tense finish. I know Gerrard should not have dived in but how did Reo Coker run into the box unmarked in the first place? I have defended zonal marking in the past but it is just not working. Curtis drifts past Kuyt and Torres can't get to the ball cos he is static or in Carra's case he is coming from too far away. Lots of pressure on Aquilani now he will be given no time to adjust. As mentioned already we have nothing from the bench. Depressing that we have lost twice already and are 6 points behind. More worringly we will be playing a Bolton team who like Villa started poorly so they will be well up for it.
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #53: Aug 24, 2009 10:13:24 pm
      Really believe summer transfer sagas and events of the pitch have had a greater influence on the team than could have thought possible. Do think however that come the end of the season we will be winning the title and we will look back on these 3 games and have a right good old chuckle. :D
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2009 10:14:58 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Please don\'t post in red »
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #54: Aug 24, 2009 10:13:52 pm
      Man Of The Match? Brad Friedel anyone.

I hope this doesn't turn into a Lucas hate thread or a means of abusing Rafa. 11 players went out at eight o'clock. All of us seen that team and all of us thought it was capable of beating Villa. What exactly did Rafa do wrong? He played the same team that destroyed Stoke with the exception of Skrtel for Ayala, a positive no? Everyone underperformed. Lets not make excuses for Gerrard and Torres etc. They were terrible. That penalty Gerrard gave away is the type of thing he done about 5 years ago. As captain he needed to keep his cool. Torres needs to shut up! Stop moaning, start playing! Lucas made a terrible error. He deserves criticism for that, not for the whole game! Kuyt and Benayoun were almost invisible. Mascherano struggled to get a foot in the game at all. Our defenders were average at best. Johnson was the best of a bad bunch imo.

It was a terrible game no doubt, but we can't afford to dwell on it. Bolton won't be easy to get past but we can, we have to and we will!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #55: Aug 24, 2009 10:14:12 pm
      everyone will probably have a go at Lucas i suspect. alonso is replaceable in the roll that he played for us (especially last season). so maybe we need something different which hopefully aquillani can be. Lucas in my opinion is just not good enough for our club. hopefully aquillani will be able to create when gerrard has an off night. its only a slow start, scumbags had one last year so lets hope we can learn from our mistakes.

ps torres needs to stop moaning.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #56: Aug 24, 2009 10:14:21 pm
      In all honesty I said it in the thread and I'll say it again in here, For me Lucas is not a top 4 first choice central midfielder, he lacks the ability to control and dominate the midfield area he plays too many balls square or backwards, he lacks the vision and speed of thought to deliver the ball forwards at the earliest opportunity.

I'm not singling out Lucas as we were poor all over the park tonight, but IMO a game is won in the Centre of the park (the engine room) and Lucas against better opposition is not winning them battles. IMO Gerrard should be played centrally & Yossi behind Nando until Aquilani is fit as we need to be getting points on the board.

I'll expect the give Lucas a chance brigade to abuse me now, but please bear in mind if it was Babel you'd have him hung drawn and quartered by now...................

You're not singling him out? Bullshit you're not. He had a shocking game as did 10 other players in a red shirt but I dont see you saying Gerrard was sh*t but you wouldn't because he isn't an easy target.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #57: Aug 24, 2009 10:15:14 pm
      In all honesty I said it in the thread and I'll say it again in here, For me Lucas is not a top 4 first choice central midfielder, he lacks the ability to control and dominate the midfield area he plays too many balls square or backwards, he lacks the vision and speed of thought to deliver the ball forwards at the earliest opportunity.

I'm not singling out Lucas as we were poor all over the park tonight, but IMO a game is won in the Centre of the park (the engine room) and Lucas against better opposition is not winning them battles. IMO Gerrard should be played centrally & Yossi behind Nando until Aquilani is fit as we need to be getting points on the board.

I'll expect the give Lucas a chance brigade to abuse me now, but please bear in mind if it was Babel you'd have him hung drawn and quartered by now...................

But, like i said in the match thread, until Aquilani is fit and with the system Rafa plays Lucas is the best of what we have available.

Rafa is the manager and i can only assume Lucas knocks the arse off of everyone in training hence he gets to start every week.

We have no money for an expensive replacement and like it or not Lucas is here to stay.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #58: Aug 24, 2009 10:15:50 pm
      Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear

That was one of the worst performances as a team i have seen in a long time

The whole team was out of sorts tonight

We struggled to string 2 or 3 passes together or when we did it was just passing back and for along the halfway line

We didnt look like we wanted to win it

we ambled about the pitch doing not alot there was no urgency at all

gerrard had a mare he had one or too good efforts but bar that he was sh*t

lucas had a mare gave the ball away a lot and then was at big fault for the first goal

yossi and kuyt just couldnt get anything to work

Torres was kicked out of the game and when did he turn into such a moaner?

Oh defending at set pieces was shocking we need to get rid of this zonal crap and mark a man

and no one on the bench really struck me as being able to come on to change the game.

having said that johnson looked good again

extra training this week and get the lads fired up and looking sharpe and we will bounce back on the weekend
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      Reply #59: Aug 24, 2009 10:16:04 pm
      Bad Friedel played well but how many did he strech sideway all the shots were at him or just above him
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #60: Aug 24, 2009 10:16:12 pm
      Did I say these 3 games. tw*t. I meant this start to our title winning season ;D
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #61: Aug 24, 2009 10:16:53 pm
      I hate coming on here after a defeat especially a home one so All i will say is we are playing sh*t but i think we will hammer Bolton and kick on from there.

And oh ye YANKS OUT.

cu*ts

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #62: Aug 24, 2009 10:17:24 pm
      You're not singling him out? Bullshit you're not. He had a shocking game as did 10 other players in a red shirt but I dont see you saying Gerrard was sh*t but you wouldn't because he isn't an easy target.

Re read the post I said "we were poor all over the park" but games are won and lost in the centre of the pitch and that is where we are losing the games........ everything I've said IMO is true.. he is lacking the ability to control and dominate a game

Edit: if you look at the Lucas development thread I have maintained I want him to succeed, but not at the cost of been title winners to also rans.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #63: Aug 24, 2009 10:18:24 pm
      And to add to my previous post, is anyone else sick of topics on this forum as it goes from each match : Post match grumblings to Post match praise aswell? Get some stability
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      Reply #64: Aug 24, 2009 10:19:07 pm
      What was very poor tonight from most of the players when we passed a ball forward the player reciving the ballhad his back to the goal very rare was a ball played to a player running on to a ball
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #65: Aug 24, 2009 10:19:40 pm
      To be honest I am more pissed off with the crowd than the teams performance.

How is a team meant to come back from a losing position with very little cheering and backing from the crowd and then seeing them leave early? Works both ways IMO, if the crowd want a good result then they have to play their part because there is only so much Rafa, Gerrard and Carra etc can do to change the mentality of a game mind.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #66: Aug 24, 2009 10:20:28 pm
      And to add to my previous post, is anyone else sick of topics on this forum as it goes from each match : Post match grumblings to Post match praise aswell? Get some stability

What are you on?
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #67: Aug 24, 2009 10:20:40 pm
      One more thing, Voronin's high balls has never reached a teammate!

seriously? still thinking voronin is a footie player? ;D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #68: Aug 24, 2009 10:20:42 pm
        cannot understand why some are singlei out Lucas, yes he was not good BUT WHO WAS today apart from carra and johnson/Insua .
      were we better after he left the pitch NO IMHO
       C'mon, all  the team played sh*t today, end of
       But we are liverpool and will bounce back  for sure  YNWA

Quick Reply