Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Is Dubai International Capital back in for Liverpool ?

Read 1258 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Is Dubai International Capital back in for Liverpool ?
      Aug 26, 2009 04:42:55 pm
      Is DIC Back?

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/?p=2863

There is a rumour going around that representatives from Dubai International Capital LLC (DIC) were at Anfield last night.

Again there is nothing concrete about this story however I did hear it from different people who would not know each other.

Does anyone know anything about this or what caused this rumour to originate?

liverpool19 says:
      August 25, 2009 at 1:23 pm
      The last i heard was that a certain mr hicks is holding up a deal
      with a middle eastern group possibly DIC – they are willing to purchase 75% of the club, but greedy arse wants 25% of future gate receipts from the new stadium for the first five years,
      basically DIC or whoever have told him no chance so we are in limbo at present, Hopefully the people who made the offer will make Hicks change his mind if not thay will walk away.

Kopite Ashy says:
      August 25, 2009 at 1:54 pm
      There has been no mention of DIC being back in negotiations at the recent Merseyside branch supporters club meeting, but “share liverpool” sent 2 representatives to the meeting and raised some interesting points.
      Reading between the lines of what i have heard being mentioned within the walls of Anfield. It would appear that Tom Hicks is getting greedy regarding offers on the purchase of LFC, due to the fact that he is becoming desperate to make some fast bucks to get himself out of the Crap, as he is struggling to meet his financial comittments in the USA.

I know it's just gossip but I'm hoping that maybe one or two of the many scousers in here may have heard some noises regarding this ?

« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2009 04:48:28 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Spelt International wrong in the topic title »
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Re: Is Dubai Internatioal Capital back in for Liverpool ?
      Reply #1: Aug 26, 2009 04:45:07 pm
      Praise be to Jesus let this be true.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Is Dubai International Capital back in for Liverpool ?
      Reply #2: Aug 26, 2009 04:51:36 pm
      Please happen i am begging you god let the Arabs come save us.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #3: Aug 26, 2009 05:00:34 pm
      As much as I wanted this to be true but I don't see the clown will be selling to any Dubai or Arab Sheikhs in near times. As much as their necks are in jeopardy, they will try their utmost to suck dry any profit we could afford to make and rake in millions without ever spending or even care about the sake of Liverpool FC. Just look at how deceiving they were. Rafa has stated that he will be making at least another big signing apart from Aquilani and Glen but instead he has to settle for a giant Greek for a mere 1.5 million. He was told that he will not be getting any money to spend. One might wonder why indeed Rafa has gone dry with his transfer fund as he got 12 million from Keane sale, 30 million from Alonso's and some bit part money from sale of fringe players. I also heard that the yanks has pledged to give him another 20 million to spend. After spending 10 million on Glen(excluding 7 million they owed us), 5 million upfront from 20 million Aquilani deal, we should have at least 47 million to spend, but Rafa was told that he has only 1.5 million to spend! It means that the yank has pulled out the 20 million they've promised and rake in any money Rafa has left from transfer fund.

I just don't see they'll be selling in near time.
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #4: Aug 26, 2009 05:01:11 pm
      until it is a done deal nothing more that specualtion and hopeful gossip Im afraid.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Aug 26, 2009 05:02:20 pm
      As much as I wanted this to be true but I don't see the clown will be selling to any Dubai or Arab Sheikhs in near times. As much as their necks are in jeopardy, they will try their utmost to suck dry any profit we could afford to make and rake in millions without ever spending or even care about the sake of Liverpool FC. Just look at how deceiving they were. Rafa has stated that he will be making at least another big signing apart from Aquilani and Glen but instead he has to settle for a giant Greek for a mere 1.5 million. He was told that he will not be getting any money to spend. One might wonder why indeed Rafa has gone dry with his transfer fund as he got 12 million from Keane sale, 30 million from Alonso's and some bit part money from sale of fringe players. I also heard that the yanks has pledged to give him another 20 million to spend. After spending 10 million on Glen(excluding 7 million they owed us), 5 million upfront from 20 million Aquilani deal, we should have at least 47 million to spend, but Rafa was told that he has only 1.5 million to spend! It means that the yank has pulled out the 20 million they've promised and rake in any money Rafa has left from transfer fund.

I just don't see they'll be selling in near time.

Could it be they are not willing to Invest any of their own money, knowing fine well they are in talks about selling ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #6: Aug 26, 2009 05:05:57 pm
      Speculation, fruitless gossip.

There are already plenty of ongoing investment threads open on this board and this adds nothing new other than a half-baked random 'rumour'. If someone from DIC was at Anfield do you not think there may have been some photographic evidence?

Topic Locked.

Quick Reply