Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Let's bash Lucas thread

Read 8554 times
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Let's bash Lucas thread
      Aug 26, 2009 06:04:25 pm
      NB: This topic title was created by the forum staff and not by the forum user who supplied the first post

Are you serious he only gave the ball away three times, isn't that flaming obvious why as a lot of people on here have being saying he either passes the ball 5 yards sideways or backwards.

Thats Lucas problem he won't give the ball away that much but at the same time he will do nothing either with it. He has a complete lack of creative ability. I've being critised for saying he wouldn't get in a Wenger team because you either have exceptional physical attributes ie pace or strength.

Someone said I obviously don't think Torres wouldn't get in the Arsenal team then, that is complete sh'te, Torres possess excellant pace, he was clocked as the joint 3rd fastest player in the premiership alongside Drogba last season. He is also techinically gifted. So ya I think he would walk in an Arsenal team.

Some people seem to be confused as well with what I said, I said you had to have one of these attributes for a Wenger team not both. Fabergas is an exceptional techinical player, Denilison is a lot more techinically gifted than Lucas. Diaby and Song are phyisically very strong players. Lucas has neither. I can go into the Viera, Petit era to prove my point but I won't.

I love the way people say they don't give a sh#t about Fairclough opinion. To be honest would be shocked if any Liverpool fan didn't respect his opinion. He talks a lot more sense than a lot of lads on here.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2009 12:43:07 pm by JD »
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Let's bash Lucas thread
      Reply #1: Aug 26, 2009 06:55:26 pm
      I bet Gerrard could pass 5 yards backwards and sideways all day but lucky for us he is a braver player than that and has being setting goals up for us the last ten years. Gerrard has vision, Alonso has vision, Lucas has very little vision and that is why it goes sideways or backwards. It is called creativity.
      Statto
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts |
      Reply #2: Aug 26, 2009 07:00:44 pm
      I will leave the last word to the Anfield Iron - Tommy Smith

"In midfield, we were crowded out and couldn’t do anything expect pass sideways or backwards. Lucas was standing there dong nothing most of the time – I’ve got two bad legs so I could do that!" Liverpool Echo 26/8/09
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Aug 26, 2009 07:01:29 pm
      If I was Lucas id be terrified to do anything other then 5 yard passes. Hes not thick he knows if tried a 40 yarder and the player he passed to miscontrolled it that it would be lucas gets it in the neck.

Fact is a huge percent of the crowd have it in for him so much that even if he scored a last minute winner he still wouldnt be doing enough
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Aug 26, 2009 07:06:05 pm
      So ye are allowed come on and disagree with us here but we can't do it on the other thread.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #5: Aug 26, 2009 07:16:03 pm
      If I was Lucas id be terrified to do anything other then 5 yard passes. Hes not thick he knows if tried a 40 yarder and the player he passed to miscontrolled it that it would be lucas gets it in the neck.

Fact is a huge percent of the crowd have it in for him so much that even if he scored a last minute winner he still wouldnt be doing enough

Yeah, but there's not much chance him doing that, is there?

Being sh*t-scared is no way to act as a professional footballer being paid (I don't know how many) thousands of pounds every week.  If all he can do is pass the ball 5 yards, what F***ing use is he to us?

You are probably right, plenty of people will think him unworthy no matter what he does, but he could at least TRY to change their minds.  Performances like Villa and Spurs will not make anyone alter their feelings about him.

I appreciate that he played better against Stoke, but so what?  They are a poor team that we would have thrashed even if I was playing in his place.  It's all well and good looking fantastic against inferior opposition, but when the chips are down and the midfield is filled with half-decent players, Liverpool cannot afford to have Lucas (or anyone) go into their shell and be carried.

I don't rate him, never have.  I will never boo him, as some have done, when he is wearing our Red, but I wish we had Alonso, Danny Murphy or even Biscan instead.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,523 posts | 2874 
      Reply #6: Aug 26, 2009 07:18:30 pm
      This thread's been due! :D
      Statto
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts |
      Re: Lucas Leiva Development Thread
      Reply #7: Aug 26, 2009 07:21:47 pm
      Hang on a minute my moved post was quoting Tommy Smith's opinion - what give you the right to determine what is Lucas bashing and what is people stating a valid opinion??
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #8: Aug 26, 2009 07:24:29 pm
      Hang on a minute my moved post was quoting Tommy Smith's opinion - what give you the right to determine what is Lucas bashing and what is people stating a valid opinion??
      That is not discussing his development that is finding someone who does not approve of Lucas playing in midfield.
      Statto
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 26, 2009 07:25:25 pm
      I disagree I think it is discussing his development or lack of actually
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #10: Aug 26, 2009 07:27:47 pm
      I disagree I think it is discussing his development or lack of actually

Quoting a line from Tommy Smith as the 'final word' is discussing his development?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #11: Aug 26, 2009 07:47:12 pm
      I bet Gerrard could pass 5 yards backwards and sideways all day but lucky for us he is a braver player than that and has being setting goals up for us the last ten years. Gerrard has vision, Alonso has vision, Lucas has very little vision and that is why it goes sideways or backwards. It is called creativity.

Say what you like, we've created plenty of chances to win the games we lost. We've missed those chances because of wasteful finishing, or Torres lounging about on his arse.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 26, 2009 07:53:54 pm
      I think the lack of so called creativity in our team is not Lucas' fault though.
      It is the way we play, the way we move or the way we don't have great movement (off the ball movement) that is designed by the gaffer.

All of our so called creativity exist only in the head of Torres+Gerrard. It is pure reactive creativity, that is not taught by the manager.

Our team is based a rigid organization, a tight unit with a determined distance between players. We want to be compact, we move as a unit, but as a rigid unit, which eventually limit the movement of the players.

In the final third, our method is predictable, bring the ball out wide and then at the edge of the penalty box, send a hopeful highball for Torres to bounce and expect someone from us to pounce the second ball.

People can easily blame the players, but the same players, the same way of play, more or less the same results, whether you accept it or not, this is the way we're going to use to win the title, not Arséne Wenger's way, neither it is Pep Guardiola's nor Alex Ferguson's way.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Aug 26, 2009 07:55:20 pm
      It was plain to see we lacked creativity against Villa, if you want to know what I mean go back and watch the Villa match four months ago when we had Xabi there, compare the matches and you'll see what I mean.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #14: Aug 26, 2009 07:55:44 pm
      Don't like this thread sorry. Yeah Lucas has been poor, but using him as a scapegoat it seems for our poor start seems wrong to me. Our whole team has been poor, and thus we shouldn't be bashing just Lucas. We might as well make a bash Stevie thread for the game on Monday :D
      Saying that, i do believe maybe it's time to maybe take a punt on Spearing, Lucas may just need a week off as i'd say he would be feeling alot of pressure at the moment, might be detrimental to play under that. Sorry if not bashing him went off topic ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Aug 26, 2009 08:03:30 pm
      Lucas is the best central midfielder in the world right now, how I ever doubted his ability I never know he's awesome he can pass sidewards and backwards and get himself out of the sh*t following a poor first touch his ability to boss dominate and control our midfield is something else and he should be knighted given to the keys to the city and introduced the legends hall of fame immediately as he's progressed so much from last year.  :f_tongueincheek:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #16: Aug 26, 2009 08:06:04 pm
      Lucas is the best central midfielder in the world right now, how I ever doubted his ability I never know he's awesome he can pass sidewards and backwards and get himself out of the sh*t following a poor first touch his ability to boss dominate and control our midfield is something else and he should be knighted given to the keys to the city and introduced the legends hall of fame immediately as he's progressed so much from last year.  :f_tongueincheek:

This isn't the knee-jerk thread ;)
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #17: Aug 26, 2009 08:08:01 pm
      After that DEBACLE on Monday night this thread should be titled the 'Lets Bash The Whole First XI Thread'

But whatever floats your boat i guess.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Aug 26, 2009 08:09:56 pm
      This isn't the knee-jerk thread ;)

I know mate but i'm sick of saying the reasons for why he is not good enough for our starting XI not that I'm bashing him just giving my opinion, then being jumped on by the "we love Lucas Leiva brigade" everytime you say something that is contradictory to his development, so if you can't be arsed with them with them join them ;)
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 26, 2009 08:12:53 pm
      its catch 22 for lucas  he needs to put in a superb performance to get the crowd back on his side but the lad lacks confidence allways taking the easy option , i have said in a previous post about him going on loan to a championship club to learn how to deal with the hurly burly of the english game even if it is for 6 months to get his confidence back as he feels a bit  intimedated by the anfield crowd .
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #20: Aug 26, 2009 08:14:29 pm
      I know mate but I'm sick of saying the reasons for why he is not good enough for our starting XI not that I'm bashing him just giving my opinion, then being jumped on by the "we love Lucas Leiva brigade" everytime you say something that is contradictory to his development, so if you can't be arsed with them with them join them ;)

Amen brother :D I see good and bad with Lucas, but making him a scapegoat is wrong IMO. The whole team is in need of improvement at the moment. I'm sure if the team was playing well Lucas would, he's the type of player who feeds off others good play i feel, not one who can take a game up on his own unfortunately.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #21: Aug 26, 2009 08:19:03 pm
      In all fairness and as someone who has tried many times to defend him he is sh*te.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #22: Aug 26, 2009 08:39:54 pm
      F**k his development.
      He simply isn't good enough and barring a miracle, he will remain sh*t!

Through the 80's, I was blessed to see such wonderful players don our great Red shirt, and now we have to supress our dismay at someone who should be playing for Bolton, not us.

We shouldn't be subjected to such crap. Our glorious club is above that. Get him out.

Not good enough, by a long shot.

Quick Reply