Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Let's bash Lucas thread

Read 8548 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Let's bash Lucas thread
      Reply #46: Aug 27, 2009 09:53:05 am
      RedLFCBlood, you've just done it again mate. Just please stop, i said back on topic. Keep doing it and you could get banned, buddy.

BACK ON TOPIC
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2009 10:06:00 am by crouchinho »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Aug 27, 2009 09:57:11 am
      RedLFCBloody, you've just done it again mate. Just please stop, I said back on topic. Keep doing it and you could get banned, buddy.

BACK ON TOPIC

;D @ threat ... I've proved my point, I'm just replying to your comments, but obviously that is not allowed as your right and I'm wrong ;)

Back on Topic......

In no way shape or form am I bashing Lucas, I have said he is a good squad player, but I am of the opinion he is not of the quality to merit a regular starting slot in our First XI he may be ok against the lesser teams granted, but against the Tottenhams and the Villa's, Teams with a little more bite in the center of the pitch, I'd rather we utilised Gerrard as a central midfielder and played Yossi behind Torres.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #48: Aug 27, 2009 10:05:06 am
      In no way shape or form am I bashing Lucas, I have said he is a good squad player, but I am of the opinion he is not of the quality to merit a regular starting slot in our First XI he may be ok against the lesser teams granted, but against the Tottenhams and the Villa's, Teams with a little more bite in the center of the pitch, I'd rather we utilised Gerrard as a central midfielder and played Yossi behind Torres.

We can only judge him on this season and who else would you put in his position? Rafa has a massive decision to make with the centre mid spot. Should he break the Gerrard/Torres partnership and put Gerrard back or should he just keep Lucas or replace him with Spearing.

Either way he runs the risk of being harassed for it.

Lucas is only playing due to an injury to Aquilani - i have no doubt Lucas will drop back when Aquilani is match fit.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: Aug 27, 2009 10:17:46 am
      We can only judge him on this season and who else would you put in his position? Rafa has a massive decision to make with the centre mid spot. Should he break the Gerrard/Torres partnership and put Gerrard back or should he just keep Lucas or replace him with Spearing.

Either way he runs the risk of being harassed for it.

Lucas is only playing due to an injury to Aquilani - I have no doubt Lucas will drop back when Aquilani is match fit.

Just sent you a pm Crouchie hope everything is cleared up....

Totally agree with you that we should only judge him on this season and thats exactly what I have done, I have not once said Lucas is Sh*te, or he should be bombed out of the club, to the contrary I have said he is a good squad player albeit little else... In the Lucas development thread I have said I hope he succeeds here at Liverpool, but at the moment he has done nothing to convince he merits a regular starting spot.

You are right again with the way results have panned out Rafa is in a no win situation as his next move will be scrutinised even more so if we do not get a result against Bolton and that is my reason for suggesting Gerrard should play centrally, I'd even be willing to give Lucas a shot at the Gerrad role for one or two games as he does class himself as more of an attacking midfilder, I also think with Gerrard centrally and Lucas in Gerrards role we'd still have enough productivity to get a few goals and what better way to try something new than against a so called lesser club.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2009 10:34:36 am by RedLFCBlood »
      jh
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      • a Red from the little red dot
      Reply #50: Aug 27, 2009 10:28:05 am
      wiki: "Lucas also became the youngest player to ever to receive Placar magazine's Bola de Ouro (Golden Ball), given to the best player in the Campeonato Brasileiro — an honour previously won by the likes of Zico, Falcão, Careca, Alex, Fowi, Romario, Kaká and Tevez."

used to dislike him too, then I read up Rafa's views and comments, studied his game more closely in pre-season & past 3 games.. I think I can understand whr Rafa is coming from and why he rates him so highly.

bashers - for the next few games (if he starts), study his movements off the ball, and how he shifts into higher posts when attacking, and sprints back the moment we lose the ball, look at the amount of work he's putting in.

we gave kuyt 2 years didnt we? babel has all the abilities, but can Rafa change his attitude? lucas has all the attitude, I trust Rafa in bringing out his abilities.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2009 10:38:55 am by jh »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #51: Aug 27, 2009 10:34:57 am
      wiki: "Lucas also became the youngest player to ever to receive Placar magazine's Bola de Ouro (Golden Ball), given to the best player in the Campeonato Brasileiro — an honour previously won by the likes of Zico, Falcão, Careca, Alex, Fowi, Romario, Kaká and Tevez."

used to dislike him too, then i read up Rafa's views and comments, studied his game more closely in pre-season & past 3 games.. i think i can understand whr Rafa is coming from and why he rates him so highly.

bashers - for the next few games (if he starts), study his movements off the ball, and how he shifts into higher posts when attacking, and sprints back the moment we lose the ball, look at the amount of work he's putting in.

we gave kuyt 2 years didnt we? babel has all the abilities, but can Rafa change his attitude? lucas has all the attitude, I thrust Rafa in bringing out his abilities.

I dont know what your asking Rafa to do there :D

A very fair way of looking at it, mate.
      jh
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #52: Aug 27, 2009 10:41:18 am
      I dont know what your asking Rafa to do there :D

A very fair way of looking at it, mate.

now u know how much i lurrrvve him!   ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #53: Aug 27, 2009 10:43:14 am

In all honesty thats a very fair assesment of his contribution in our games, as he does make some cracking runs from deep into the box, but the players around have either 1 failed to notice him or 2 decided he is not the best option for what ever reason.

No one is doubing his attitude, work ethic commitement to the club running off the ball his tackling ability etc, well I'm not, My only gripe is his ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck and control and dominate the midfield...

Being reasonable I can say Mascherano has  not entirley helped in that situation either, but I would say Lucas needs to play the ball forward with more urgency as he is filling the "deep lying play maker" role, I'm all for keeping possesion but why keep on playing 5 yard sidewards and back wards passes is beyond me and it showed the negative effect this was having when Nando and Gerrard were having to come deep to pick up the ball.........
      jh
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #54: Aug 27, 2009 11:00:09 am
      Being reasonable I can say Mascherano has  not entirley helped in that situation either, but I would say Lucas needs to play the ball forward with more urgency as he is filling the "deep lying play maker" role, I'm all for keeping possesion but why keep on playing 5 yard sidewards and back wards passes is beyond me and it showed the negative effect this was having when Nando and Gerrard were having to come deep to pick up the ball.........

Could it be Rafa's instruction to "go easy" with the passing (let Masch and the defence deal with it), and work on getting into positions?

Not ideal with Skrtel and Insua, but we should see a more effective system when Agger and Aurelio are back.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2009 11:29:51 am by Reslivo »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #55: Aug 27, 2009 11:03:54 am
      cld it be Rafa's instruction to "go easy" with the passing (let mash and the def deal with it), and work on getting into positions?

In all honesty I very much doubt that, as if that was the case I'm %100 sure the other players would have been told be aware of Lucas making driving runs into the box and try and pick him out if that was Rafa's strategy......

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #56: Aug 27, 2009 11:28:10 am
      OMG You just won't leave it alone will you. How many contributions to do you need to make on this one issue?

What are you going to post about when Aquilani is fit and in the first XI?

For fucks sake.  Did Lucas jilt you at the alter or something?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: Aug 27, 2009 11:54:47 am
      OMG You just won't leave it alone will you. How many contributions to do you need to make on this one issue?

What are you going to post about when Aquilani is fit and in the first XI?

For fucks sake.  Did Lucas jilt you at the alter or something?

ermmmmm wtf ? i'm contributing to the forum by replying to a member, is that not the whole purpouse of the forum ?, are you going to say the same thing to Crouchino?, as i'm sure he has had a similar amount of posts in this thread as I have.

No Lucas did not Jilt me at the altar, did you not know as a Liverpool Fan he married his sweetheart during the summer ?   :f_tongueincheek:

I'll post in other relevant threads as I have been this morning ...not only THIS ONE !!!!
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #58: Aug 27, 2009 12:03:03 pm
      Crouchinho I think instead of hammering other people opinions you should start giving reasons for your own opinion, I think your the worst offender on here for either criticising people or there opinion without giving any foundation for your own. I thought JD was giving out about this.

RedBlood is giving his opinion your giving waffle back and you might be surprised to hear not everyone backs you. I think some of your answers are very condescending. Whether your a moderator or not you should be respecting peoples opinions. Not everyone is going to agree with you this is a forum. Sorry JD for going off topic rant over.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #59: Aug 27, 2009 12:07:58 pm
      Crouchinho I think instead of hammering other people opinions you should start giving reasons for your own opinion, I think your the worst offender on here for either criticising people or there opinion without giving any foundation for your own. I thought JD was giving out about this.

RedBlood is giving his opinion your giving waffle back and you might be surprised to hear not everyone backs you. I think some of your answers are very condescending. Whether your a moderator or not you should be respecting peoples opinions. Not everyone is going to agree with you this is a forum. Sorry JD for going off topic rant over.

People like Reslivo, JD and Eem have provided stats for my stance of the argument, if i was to repeat them then i would be a hypocrite wouldn't i?

I'm not going to go out of my way and fight to death to get a point across unlike others (this is not a shot at anyone in particular as there is more than a handful who do it). I do have a job to do on here and have to cver more than just one topic.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Aug 27, 2009 12:20:53 pm
      I think its very unfair what is going on look crouchinho you've a job to do but it's not to criticise other lads opinion but state your own giving reasons for it.

RedBlood may a lot of very good points which you agree with them or not they should be respected just feel you are giving waffle back to his opinion without given reasons for this.

Remember in general your in the minority of Liverpool fans on this issue this might not be the case on here but you should be giving a bit more respect to other lads opinions. And how come JD has picked on Red Blood here and not Crouchinho for posting is it because Crouchinho is a moderator or you don't agree with RedBlood opinions.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #61: Aug 27, 2009 12:26:19 pm
      Remember in general your in the minority of Liverpool fans on this issue this might not be the case on here but you should be giving a bit more respect to other lads opinions. And how come JD has picked on Red Blood here and not Crouchinho for posting is it because Crouchinho is a moderator or you don't agree with RedBlood opinions.

That is a pathetic and ridiculous paragraph.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #62: Aug 27, 2009 12:28:18 pm
      For the sake of the forum, i will make a thread where we can air out this 'problem'. It will be on the forum feeback board out of the way of everyone.

People do actually want to talk about the player and not read this nonsense from all of us.

Now, for the last time can we get back on topic please.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #63: Aug 27, 2009 01:10:31 pm
      Is this another knee-jerk thread or are we really taking pot shots at Lucas?

Not so Fan'ny now is it? A fan should support not destroy a player's self esteem.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #64: Aug 27, 2009 01:27:38 pm
      To be honest can't see Lucas logging in here to read this Solodee and I doubt anyone here has booed a Liverpool player at Anfield. So don't know how anything posted here will effect his self esteem. He is a professional footballer on a big wage he should be mentally strong enough to take any criticism that comes his way, he is at Liverpool where expectations are high.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #65: Aug 27, 2009 01:29:38 pm
      Is this another knee-jerk thread or are we really taking pot shots at Lucas?

Not so Fan'ny now is it? A fan should support not destroy a player's self esteem.

This threads for people who have a pop at Lucas for no reason (I think). Opinions on his development (or lack of) with sensible reasons (no Fairclough this, Tommy Smith that) can be posted in the Lucas Leiva Development Thread.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #66: Aug 27, 2009 01:35:10 pm
      Isn't it unbelieveable that there seems to be no respect for Tommy Smith or David Fairclough opinion, is that because they don't agree with you chats, chats I'll remember that you will obviously never quote anything you heard seen or written by anyone. They are Liverpool legends you should respect there opinions chat whether you agree with them or not.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #67: Aug 27, 2009 02:09:42 pm
      I am not a fan of Lucas but I think it is time to leave him alone. Wouldn't we all be better off bashing one out than bashing Lucas???
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #68: Aug 27, 2009 02:16:33 pm
      Say what you like, we've created plenty of chances to win the games we lost. We've missed those chances because of wasteful finishing, or Torres lounging about on his arse.

Torres hasnt had any service because alonso's gone. He cant take on the whole team can he?

Quick Reply