Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Let's bash Lucas thread

Read 8549 times
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Let's bash Lucas thread
      Reply #23: Aug 26, 2009 08:45:20 pm
      People can spout all the statistics they like about Lucas but basing what I have seen of him in a red shirt, I can safely form my own opinion that Lucas isn't good enough for a place in the starting XI and that even includes now without Aquilani.  I don't really care if Lucas only gave the ball away 3 times to Gerrards' 17 because I know Gerrard is a million times the player Lucas is or ever will be and Gerrard will influence our team more than Lucas can even wet dream about.  Lucas on a good day is solid when the whole team is playing well and thats all you're ever gonna get from him.  Sorry guys, this is the Lucas bashing thread after all so I'll be honest about what I think of him as a player.

Btw I posted in the Steven Gerrard player thread straight after the match on Monday night saying how sh*t he was before I even moved onto the Lucas thread.  Not my fault people would rather talk about Lucas. ;)

To be fair to Rafa though, he persisted with Dirk Kuyt when alot of fans used him as a scapegoat, so perhaps this will pay off with Lucas too.  I have my doubts though.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #24: Aug 26, 2009 08:51:05 pm
      My dad has followed us since the fifty,s so he has seen good and bad times he has always had the opinion that Lucas will never be good enough for the starting eleven every week,although i have tried to persuade him otherwise ,while at anfield i will always support him while on the pitch because i believe thats what you should do ,however i am starting to lean towards my dads opinion ,they say old age dont come by itself with it comes a little wisdom ,perhaps my dad is right time will tell ,but the one factor about mondays game from which we cant escape is that Lucas didnt make us miss all those chances ,and thats what cost us three points not the fact that he was sh*te as well as the rest of the team on the night.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Aug 26, 2009 08:56:36 pm
      People can spout all the statistics they like about Lucas but basing what I have seen of him in a red shirt, I can safely form my own opinion that Lucas isn't good enough for a place in the starting XI and that even includes now without Aquilani.  I don't really care if Lucas only gave the ball away 3 times to Gerrards' 17 because I know Gerrard is a million times the player Lucas is or ever will be and Gerrard will influence our team more than Lucas can even wet dream about.  Lucas on a good day is solid when the whole team is playing well and thats all you're ever gonna get from him. 

Agree with all that
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Aug 26, 2009 09:33:20 pm
      I really don't like the way Lucas wears really thin hair bands sometimes. Midfielders who wear hairbands are rubbish. Rafa should drop him unless he either ties back his hair like Voronin or gets a sensible haircut like GI Jane.
      I hope Aquilani doesn't have a hairband or we're truly f**ked.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #27: Aug 26, 2009 09:35:26 pm
      I really don't like the way Lucas wears really thin hair bands sometimes. Midfielders who wear hairbands are rubbish.

WTF?? 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #28: Aug 26, 2009 09:36:50 pm
      I really don't like the way Lucas wears really thin hair bands sometimes. Midfielders who wear hairbands are rubbish.

Yeah cos that Patrik Berger was sh*te as well wasn't he?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #29: Aug 26, 2009 09:36:56 pm
      All credability gone. Will never take a post from you serious again
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #30: Aug 26, 2009 09:44:58 pm
      I'm not his biggest fan but i think he is a decent squad member as someone said we haven't had a lack of creativity so far this season we just havent finished anything that isn't his fault

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: Aug 26, 2009 09:54:14 pm

Groan.
      Like that was serious...
      Won't post to this thread again.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #32: Aug 26, 2009 09:54:39 pm
      Too right.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #33: Aug 26, 2009 11:30:30 pm
      Cant beleive the stick Lucas is getting here. The team lost against Villa not just Lucas.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34: Aug 26, 2009 11:50:22 pm
      Cant beleive the stick Lucas is getting here. The team lost against Villa not just Lucas.

Yes but people like to use Lucas as a scapegoat and view him as an easy target because he is unproven. His mistake was no where near like Gerrard's yet i have seen no one slating Gerrard.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #35: Aug 27, 2009 01:08:10 am
      I think the lack of so called creativity in our team is not Lucas' fault though.
      It is the way we play, the way we move or the way we don't have great movement (off the ball movement) that is designed by the gaffer.

All of our so called creativity exist only in the head of Torres+Gerrard. It is pure reactive creativity, that is not taught by the manager.

Our team is based a rigid organization, a tight unit with a determined distance between players. We want to be compact, we move as a unit, but as a rigid unit, which eventually limit the movement of the players.

In the final third, our method is predictable, bring the ball out wide and then at the edge of the penalty box, send a hopeful highball for Torres to bounce and expect someone from us to pounce the second ball.

People can easily blame the players, but the same players, the same way of play, more or less the same results, whether you accept it or not, this is the way we're going to use to win the title, not Arséne Wenger's way, neither it is Pep Guardiola's nor Alex Ferguson's way.

Well said.  We've been playing games in an extremely slow pace stroking the ball as if we're playing a friendly, even at 3-1 down. No imagination, speed nor aggression to break down the opposition defence. Yes, we've no Arséne Wenger's way, Pep Guardiola's nor Alex Ferguson's, now carlos Ancelotti's way, simply because we don't have the players to do that and the gaffer's tactics is not an aggressive and creative one, sad to say. We pass and pass and pass the ball until the oposition defense locked all doors and threw away the keys.  Look again  at the scums, arse, chelsi tactics, they're all about aggression and creativity.  The scums are playiing the same way as we played in the 70s and 80s. Why Rafa needs to do something very different here, I'm lost. Kenny was at the box in the last game, maybe he go tell Rafa a thing or two.

In summary, we don't have the players to play great football coupled with the tactics deployed by the gaffer is not helping. A total revamp of the tactics is needed if we want to play catch up now. I really hate to hear what the gaffer has got to say like .... oh they're difficult opponents, there're still many more games to go, the season is still early, the pace setters will drop points. I'd say sheer nonsense, concentrate more on our own game, lets move 10x faster in our game, improve our passing 10x better, more creative, close down the opponents at every given opportunity and be more aggressive. Lastly, our passing and positioning is pathetic, one just wonder what they do on the training pitch, just some warm up exercise?

Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #36: Aug 27, 2009 05:05:39 am
      Is this thread like a knee-jerking joke thing, or is it really serious?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Aug 27, 2009 07:41:50 am
      Is this thread like a knee-jerking joke thing, or is it really serious?

It's like really serious, there is a Lucas Leiva Development thread on here, but when you say anything on there that contradicts with the Lucas Leiva Brigades theory that he's suddenly come on leaps and bounds and has become a world class player and merits a regular starting XI spot in our squad, you are set up on by a bunch of Lucas Leiva loving rabid wolves, then a Bash Lucas thread is made up by them for having an opinion that differs theirs.... hope that clears it up for you.......;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #38: Aug 27, 2009 08:09:59 am
      I really don't like the way Lucas wears really thin hair bands sometimes. Midfielders who wear hairbands are rubbish. Rafa should drop him unless he either ties back his hair like Voronin or gets a sensible haircut like GI Jane.
      I hope Aquilani doesn't have a hairband or we're truly f**ked.

I like the sarcasm buddy.....nice post.  :gt-happyup:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39: Aug 27, 2009 08:40:54 am
      Yes but people like to use Lucas as a scapegoat and view him as an easy target because he is unproven. His mistake was no where near like Gerrard's yet i have seen no one slating Gerrard.

I did ;D

It's like really serious, there is a Lucas Leiva Development thread on here, but when you say anything on there that contradicts with the Lucas Leiva Brigades theory that he's suddenly come on leaps and bounds and has become a world class player and merits a regular starting XI spot in our squad, you are set up on by a bunch of Lucas Leiva loving rabid wolves, then a Bash Lucas thread is made up by them for having an opinion that differs theirs.... hope that clears it up for you.......;)

Just like when you say something positive in that thread, you are the one who hounds people about why they are tw*ts for saying something positive.

I like this thread, i think it'll help alot of people who see the good side in a player discuss those good points without being harassed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #40: Aug 27, 2009 08:59:11 am
      I did ;D

Just like when you say something positive in that thread, you are the one who hounds people about why they are tw*ts for saying something positive.

Lets go back to the Lucas Leiva Development Thread, I posted One comment Saying that Lucas was not good enough to Merit a regular spot in our Starting XI, it was people like you and the "We all love Lucas so you can not say anything bad about him Brigade" that jumped on my back for saying it, I have not called any one a tw*t or implied that any one is a tw*t so that statement is just as ridiculous as trying to convince yourself Lucas has suddenly become a world class central midfilelder.

My First negative post about Lucas follows it was not a direct reply to any one elses feeling on Lucas  and it did not imply any one who's opinion differed mine was a tw*t, it was just an honest assesment of my feelings on Lucas based on what I had seen, anything else that followed was because of all the Die Hrad Lucas fans jumping on my back for having an opinion that differed that theirs.

RedLFCBlood Re: Lucas Leiva Development Thread
      « Reply #2051 on: August 25, 2009, 12:01:47 AM »      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      As I have said in the match thread over the three games of this season I have watched Lucas closely more to do with whom he's replacing and in all honesty he lacks the ability to dominate and control the midfield, he plays too many back and sidewards passes and lacks the vision to move the ball forward quickly with purpose. I'm not saying he's sh*t, he's a descent squad player, but first choice central midfielder for a club with title ambitions no he's not well not IMO.

In the games we have been poor in (Tottenham & Villa ) the midfield battle had been lost, in both games Lucas was taken off and Gerrard was moved into the centre and in both instances we looked a much better unit with Gerrard in the centre of the park and that is no coincidence IMO.

That was just my Opinion nothing else... I rest my case
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2009 09:28:28 am by RedLFCBlood »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #41: Aug 27, 2009 09:13:24 am
      No, i rest my case.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Aug 27, 2009 09:22:19 am

You mean you have no answer to that, so the easiest get out for you is the reply you have just posted and as a moderator you have just shown yourself to be a poor one at that.

As all you are saying to me is your opinion is right as you have moderators status under your user name and any ones who's opinion differs yours is subject to being dismissed as having anything credible to say, it's a f**king joke mate and I'm laughing at your immaturity.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #43: Aug 27, 2009 09:36:37 am
      You mean you have no answer to that, so the easiest get out for you is the reply you have just posted and as a moderator you have just shown yourself to be a poor one at that.

As all you are saying to me is your opinion is right as you have moderators status under your user name and any ones who's opinion differs yours is subject to being dismissed as having anything credible to say, it's a f**king joke mate and I'm laughing at your immaturity.

How paranoid can you get mate? You probably dont even get what i meant by that comment and now you turn it into a personal defamation because i'm one of the staff. More are probably laughing at you than with you.

My point was that i cannot say anything without you coming back and trying to further prove your point for the 58th time and then you did it again. Now you've done it once again.

Get a life.

BACK ON TOPIC
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #44: Aug 27, 2009 09:44:32 am
      My point was that I cannot say anything without you coming back and trying to further prove your point for the 58th time and then you did it again.

;D how can you say that, I said this ....................

and you felt the need to reply with this........

I did ;D

I like this thread, I think it'll help alot of people who see the good side in a player discuss those good points without being harassed.

But it's ok I understand for your own importance you feel you need to have the last word on everything and if your not allowed that , you make assumptions that people have dissed players or implied that Ive hounded people for being tw*ts etc for not agreeing with my opinion arf arf... but all people have to do is look at the Lucas Leiva development page from page 38 onwards to see the truth mate ;)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #45: Aug 27, 2009 09:49:22 am
      We should make a lets bash the Lucas bashers thread. :laugh:

Quick Reply