Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Most obvious dive of the season for a pen

Read 6900 times
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Most obvious dive of the season for a pen
      Aug 26, 2009 09:19:40 pm
      Ok folks,  Eduardo has laid down the marker as the best dive of the season for a penalty. He did this in the Champions League return leg at home to Celtic. 

Since it is such a growing trend in football and a real blight on our game thought we might have a thread and keep tabs on who is bringing our game into disrepute this season.

I am sure it wont be long before someone comes up with a better one!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Most obvious dive of the season for a pen
      Reply #1: Aug 26, 2009 09:24:08 pm
      Top of my head..........DROGBA
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Aug 26, 2009 10:56:44 pm
      Long gone are the days of the honest footballer, Ladies and Gentleman I give you Robbie Fowler against David Seaman and Robbies protests that he had not been fouled by Seaman and that it was not a penalty...I even believe whole heartedly Robbie missed his spot kick on purpose not that it helped Arsenal as Jason Macateer followed through to slam home the rebound.

You don't get that kind of fair play in todays game, I think majority of players including our own will go down under the weakest of contact in the box to gain an advantage.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Aug 27, 2009 06:57:57 am
      Long gone are the days of the honest footballer, Ladies and Gentleman I give you Robbie Fowler against David Seaman and Robbies protests that he had not been fouled by Seaman and that it was not a penalty...I even believe whole heartedly Robbie missed his spot kick on purpose not that it helped Arsenal as Jason Macateer followed through to slam home the rebound.

Arshavin is a very gentlemanly player, IMO. Against Portsmouth, he was awarded a Penalty but he said to the ref it wasn't. Anyone who can do that gets my respect.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Aug 27, 2009 07:29:06 am
      Anyone who can do that gets my respect.

Same here
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5: Aug 27, 2009 09:05:20 am
      Eduardo's Diving Penatly Goal Arsenal Vs Celtic 26.08.09 HD

Thought I should post the vid so people can make up their own minds (diving c**t).
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Aug 27, 2009 09:22:18 am
      What can you say? diving c**t
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Aug 27, 2009 09:25:48 am
      What you can say about that is it was not the referees fault, if you look at his position and the speed the game was flowing at you can see why made the decision, but it was a blatant dive, but it was out of the referees view.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #8: Aug 27, 2009 09:46:52 am
      That is F***ing shocking. Celtic must be gutted. Diving little c**t.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Aug 27, 2009 10:04:54 am
      That is f**king shocking. Celtic must be gutted. Diving little c**t.

I would never make a statement as bold as that, as we do have players in our ranks who would go down in a similar situation to gain an advantage for our team and to condemn one player for doing it, being fair to that player we have to condemn our own...

So my opinion is it was a bltant dive yes, but I would not be surprised at all if one of our own players is involved in a similar incident through the course of the season.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #10: Aug 27, 2009 10:21:59 am
      I would never make a statement as bold as that, as we do have players in our ranks who would go down in a similar situation to gain an advantage for our team and to condemn one player for doing it, being fair to that player we have to condemn our own...

So my opinion is it was a bltant dive yes, but I would not be surprised at all if one of our own players is involved in a similar incident through the course of the season.
      Fair enough yes we do have players that dive, but at least with us, there is at least a bit of contact! Boruc didn't touch Eduardo at all, and to be fair was quite a way off him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Aug 27, 2009 10:22:14 am
       In cases of blatant diving like that and clearly shown on the television the F.A. should take retrospective action against the player.As well as being banned for a number of games the player should be hit in his own pocket with a hefty fine.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #12: Aug 27, 2009 10:24:32 am
      In cases of blatant diving like that and clearly shown on the television the F.A. should take retrospective action against the player.As well as being banned for a number of games the player should be hit in his own pocket with a hefty fine.

Right on, Billy, I've always said the same thing.

Simulating a foul to win a game is cheating, what kind of example is it for the young players? Diving works and wins matches. ::)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: Aug 27, 2009 10:26:27 am

I agree with that as they say decisions even themselves out over a season, but when it comes down to a decision that eliminates you from the Champions League or relegates you from the League or knocks you out of other cup competitions  and the financial impacts it has on that said club can send a club into liquidation ala Leeds as an example, the use for video technology has never had a greater argument.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #14: Aug 27, 2009 10:37:26 am

I was thinking this aswell good post
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #15: Aug 27, 2009 10:47:46 am
      Its a shame that a player, who had such a horrible injury and was probably at risk of not ever playing football again, goes and dives like that.

It was disgraceful to see, tbh.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16: Aug 27, 2009 10:52:26 am
      As I said tho lets be carefull condeming others as our own have been involved in similar incidents example as follows.

Liverpool - Atletico de Madrid (Hypocrite Gerrard)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #17: Aug 27, 2009 11:30:49 am
      For Gerrard's case, sometimes he didn't necessarily dive. Football pitches are wet and when you're running, it's easy to lose balance  and also easy to slip. It's happened to me before. Even the slightest of touch when you're running can make you topple. The video above, for England, Gerrard's foot seem to have got stuck into the ground.

I don't know what's the case with Eduardo, though. You have a healthy lead going into the 2 away goals and there's no reason to dive. Diving is a smart but cheating way to get goals. And there's no point achieving something by cheating. It'll definitely haunt you back.

Didn't Robbie Fowler like pass the ball to the keeper when Liverpool were awarded a penalty or something?

Anyways, this dive beats that!
      WORST DIVE EVER... GILARDINO DIVE
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Aug 27, 2009 11:34:20 am

Didn't Robbie Fowler like pass the ball to the keeper when Liverpool were awarded a penalty or something?

That was against David Seaman, Fowler argued with the Ref that Seaman had not pulled him down and that it was no a penalty the referee ignored Fowler and awarded it. Fowler stepped up took a pretty timid penalty IMO meaning for it too be saved, but up popped Jason Macaterr to slam home the rebound to further frustrate Arsenal.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #19: Aug 27, 2009 11:44:59 am
      Thanks RedLFCBlood.

I only heard about something like that but couldn't exactly get a video I was hoping for on youtube.

I remember watching Dirk Kuyt in his first season. There were times where he slipped in the box and once Petr Cech came screaming at him. Dirk was being honest about it and he kept waving his arms to tell that he just slipped.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Aug 27, 2009 11:56:52 am
      No problem mate.
      stmichael
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 64 posts |
      Reply #21: Aug 27, 2009 12:11:11 pm
      At least ITV said that it was a dive. Over on Sky we had to listen to Gullit, Sven, Keys and Gray saying that Eduardo was "clever" in winning the penalty. No wonder the majority of fans can't stand Sky with analysis like this. ::)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #22: Aug 27, 2009 12:21:57 pm
      As I said tho lets be carefull condeming others as our own have been involved in similar incidents example as follows.

I don't see why you need to post that.

When I said if a player has been proved to have dived through video evidence he should be punished in some way after the match, be it suspension, fine or whatever, I stand by it.

Because Gerrard has been shown to have dived in the past doesn't change my opinion on the matter, in the clear cases he has done it I feel he should have been punished too. I'm not a hypocrite and I don't believe in one rule for us, another for the opposition.

Quick Reply