Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC: We've spent £20 Million this summer

Read 5321 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: LFC: We've spent £20 Million this summer
      Reply #23: Aug 30, 2009 04:42:02 pm
      For some one has his own Equity buisness purslow is not very good at basic mathmatics, the only thing I can assume we have spent 20 million from in his statement is this "There are lots of costs associated with buying players and extending players that all go into transfer funds.”, but I'm still not stupid enough to believe that has cost us 20 million, correct me if I'm wrong and I am stupid ?

And there is lots of bullshit associated with LFC and their boardroom staff that all go into one big pile of GTFO OF OUR CLUB!!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #24: Aug 30, 2009 05:17:08 pm
      When will they next be at a match I for one ticket or not would like to go along and protest. I am really pissed off with the lies that come out of Anfield now I dont know how Rafa puts up with it.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 30, 2009 05:50:34 pm
      Don't treat us like fools purslow , the finance situation at this club is a joke , if we finish outside the top four the s**t will really hit the fan, wlll it be torres sold off to pay the intrest payments off at the end of the season and we will just be a top ten side scrapping for that fourth place  .
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #26: Aug 31, 2009 03:40:29 am
      F***ing bullshit. That's all i can say. F***ing bullshit. c**t f**ker's :f_steam: :mad:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #27: Aug 31, 2009 03:45:53 am
      ^ What he said.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #28: Aug 31, 2009 04:03:24 am
      We've always been the greatest supporters in the world, sticking behind our team in thick and thin. This is surely thin, and sticking behind our team in the stadium is what we must do. Yet, I say let's egg the vip box for failing us. cunting management we got ourselves nay?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #29: Aug 31, 2009 05:50:41 am
      That is bollocks, really would like to see where this figure came from  ???
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Aug 31, 2009 07:34:57 am
      That is bollocks, really would like to see where this figure came from  ???

I think contracts are being tallied in to this. Surely, because we have no where near spent 20m.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #31: Aug 31, 2009 07:37:53 am
      Good joke, purslow  ::)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32: Aug 31, 2009 08:28:52 am
      Pruslow's talking out his arse. F***ing c**t.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #33: Aug 31, 2009 08:29:23 am
      A statement from a YES man if ever i have seen one.Bull*hit.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #34: Aug 31, 2009 08:36:56 am
      I think he's including the money spent on renewing contracts as well as transfer money.

Makes sense to me.

Thinking about Torres, for example, he signed an improved contract for around an extra £15,000 per week for the next four years.

£15,000 X 52 X 4 = £3,120,000

Now Torres wasn't the only player to sign better (higher paid) contracts over the summer, several of our key players were the subject of pay rises, of a more or less important value.

I agree that these pay rises should not be paid for out of the transfer fund, but Purslow himself said "There are lots of costs associated with buying players and extending players that all go into transfer funds.” For him, and therefore the owners, they count the cost of extending contracts this way.

So I guess this is their way of say the transfer kitty of £15-20 million was there. ::)
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #35: Aug 31, 2009 08:39:17 am
      We have all missed the most important expenditures - the 'Featheringthenest Tax', the 'Payingoffcreditorstokeep yourheadabovewater Fee', the 'Payformeandmyfriendstoje tallovertheworld Tariff' and the 'Robthisclubblindbecausey ankeesportsaremoreimprta nttoyou embezzlement charge'

>:(
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #36: Aug 31, 2009 09:50:17 am
      Right; big deep breath:

Let's pretend that this F**k-nugget Purslow isn't trying to make cu*ts out of us. Let's pretend that the smarmy, sh*te-hawk isn't treating us like retards. Let's pretend that we have spent £20m this transfer window and let's pretend we don't know that Purslow is the Yanks bi*ch. Hell we'll even set aside the fact that this ass-licking, toady reckons that we've all got the mathematical acumen of a pre-school 4 year old.

What in the name of sweet F**k was Rafa supposed to do with twenty F***ing million?

If, as this smug f**ker suggests, he knows that "There are lots of costs associated with buying players and extending players that all go into transfer funds" - it must then follow that he knew there was, in effect, no extra money made available to Rafa.

The smugness of the bloke and the way he smirked at the CL draw, when asked about transfers, proves to me that this w*nk-stain does not give one flyingfuck about the Reds. I hate people trying to make a c**t out of me and if i was able to meet Mr. Purslow i'd shove his 'season ticket' so far up his hole, he'd be chewing it. c**t.

Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #37: Aug 31, 2009 10:03:56 am
      £20m isn't exactly good enough, IMO. When we are trying to make the final push for the title, we have bought 2 players, and sold two players. We needed to spend more than just £20m to build up a squad with more strength in depth.

£20m sounds like a lot of money, but not when we've needed to buy a new midfielder and a new right back, and we should have had money to buy a new winger and another striker.

So let's pretend that they have actually spent £20m this summer (which as JD pointed out in another thread, they haven't), it still isn't enough for what we are trying to achieve, with the resources that we already have at hand.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38: Aug 31, 2009 10:20:17 am
      £20m isn't exactly good enough, IMO. When we are trying to make the final push for the title, we have bought 2 players, and sold two players. We needed to spend more than just £20m to build up a squad with more strength in depth.

£20m sounds like a lot of money, but not when we've needed to buy a new midfielder and a new right back, and we should have had money to buy a new winger and another striker.

So let's pretend that they have actually spent £20m this summer (which as JD pointed out in another thread, they haven't), it still isn't enough for what we are trying to achieve, with the resources that we already have at hand.

Exactly. The only signings we have made have been to replace those who chose to leave. In no way have we improved the squad - we have been cornered into making reinforcements.

Pathetic.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #39: Aug 31, 2009 10:56:37 am

From that we've spent 36.6 million and brought in 36.75 million. So I can't find anyway that we've spent an extra 20 mill than we've brought it.
      don't forget we didn't have to pay portsmouth the full amount as they still owed us a stack of cash for crouch!!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #40: Aug 31, 2009 11:44:03 am
      His figures must come from whats coming in, in installments, we all know by the actual figures how much we have, when you take the outgoing and add the incoming we are 14mill to the good, yet with this guys accountancy degree he knows ways of cooking the books to make them look anyway he wants to make them look. He works for Hicks & Gillett and he's their mouthpiece.....
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #41: Aug 31, 2009 08:29:33 pm
      The thing is that no matter what contracts are renewed or wot the F**k , ive never heard it quoted before when fans are wanting to know where all the transfer funds are. If youre told youve got 40m to spend on players you expect to have 40m , not be told there are other expenses to take into account, bollocks.. there always has been, so why is it any different now. Slimy yank cock sucking c**t.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #42: Aug 31, 2009 09:59:20 pm
      The thing is that no matter what contracts are renewed or wot the f**k , ive never heard it quoted before when fans are wanting to know where all the transfer funds are. If youre told youve got 40m to spend on players you expect to have 40m , not be told there are other expenses to take into account, bollocks.. there always has been, so why is it any different now. Slimy yank cock sucking c**t.
      Top post mate.JD quite rightly pointed out earlier,that money for contract extensions should come out of Operating Revenues and not Capital expenditure, which is what transfers are.The man Purslow needs to understand that were not f*cking morons, he needs to get his head out of the Yanks arses and start working with Rafa for the benefit of our club otherwise he will get the same abuse as Crusty.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #43: Aug 31, 2009 10:31:36 pm
      Maybe that's what got Rafa annoyed the other week, the goal posts were moved to excuse themselves from having to dip in their pockets when he needed more money.

Also heard over the weekend, though can't find anything to confirm it, that Torres, Masch and Pepe could all be for the chop next year to raise funds for the debt.  Apparently if we fail to qualify for the CL players will have to be sold.

Can't they see that if they don't invest they won't get any return.  Or at least that's how real business works.

Kind of off topic but I also heard that Purslow headed up some sort of consortium bid to buy the Club in 2005.  Again I've searched the net but can't find anything to back this up.  Anyone else heard this?

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #44: Aug 31, 2009 10:33:28 pm
      are we seeing a'GHOST" of parry in the new boy purslow

ffs  what the f*ck he and his clowns employers think we are ,dumb
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #45: Sep 01, 2009 07:03:04 am
      are we seeing a'GHOST" of parry in the new boy purslow

ffs  what the f*ck he and his clowns employers think we are ,dumb

Can't really be surprised.

With the departure of Parry, the Yanks were free to bring in whoever they wanted as his replacement. We'd be truly mistaken if we believed he was going to act independantly in the best interests of the club.

He's their "yes man", nothing more. Very sad to say, but we should probably take what he says with a pinch of salt. IMO he's only going to try to put a positive spin on every bit of bad business they do.

Quick Reply