Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Who will land the title?

Read 6768 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Who will land the title?
      Apr 08, 2007 03:35:22 pm
      Maureen senses blood.

"United are very lucky they don't have to play here next week. Can you imagine them here next weekend?

"That's the game where they will slip up, against us, so they're very lucky."

"I was not surprised Ferguson complained about our fixture because he is intelligent and maybe he thinks other people are stupid.

"But the truth is United are very, very lucky with the fixtures because, until now, they have always played before us."

Mourinho added: "Ferguson is an intelligent man, a successful man with a great career.

"But when you think other people are stupid it is not a good quality."

Fergie bites back

"Chelsea have a lot of tough games coming up so someone will make them suffer. It is hard to believe they will go six games without that happening.

"We are still three points ahead and if I was given that option at the start of the season I would have taken it."

1 Man Utd 32 14 1 1 43 10 11 2 3 32 13 52 78
      2 Chelsea  32 12 4 0 34 8 11 2 3 22 11 37 75

Man Utd's remaining Premiership fixtures:

Tuesday, 17 April
      (H) Sheff Utd
      Saturday, 21 April
      (H) Middlesbrough
      Saturday, 28 April
      (A) Everton
      Saturday, 5 May
      (A) Man City
      Wednesday, 9 May
      (A) Chelsea
      Sunday, 13 May
      (H) West Ham

Chelsea's remaining Premiership fixtures:

Wednesday, 18 April
      (A) West Ham
      Sunday, 22 April
      (A) Newcastle
      Saturday, 28 April
      (H) Bolton
      Sunday, 6 May
      (A) Arsenal
      Wednesday, 9 May
      (H) Man Utd
      Sunday, 13 May
      (H) Everton

So who's going to win it?  I personally hope they both get docked 20 points but in the unlikely event of that happening - I think I am slowly warming towards Chelsea winning it...

Tricky  ::)

mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Who will land the title?
      Reply #1: Apr 08, 2007 03:42:54 pm
      As much as I hate them both with a passion I would prefer Chelsea to win it over the scum!!! I think Chelsea have the harder fixtures though and if I had to put money on it, I would put it on the mancs flukeing their way to the title!!

But the only thing I care about this season is that 6th European trophy!!! ;)
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 08, 2007 04:30:31 pm
      Reckon the mancshite although unless its us I dont really give a  sh*te. >:D
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #3: Apr 08, 2007 05:15:05 pm
      I couldn't care less but I still think the Mancs will edge it.

Chelsea have hit pretty decent form of late but have a tougher run in and Man United always get the spawny results in the big games.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 08, 2007 05:37:09 pm
      I think I would have to take Chelsea over the Mancs.

I actually just hope (out of interest sake) that it's all square two games from the end when they play each other.

Would be a good one to watch that game.
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 08, 2007 06:05:00 pm
      Tough choice but will hope Chelsea or Manc scum ,but watch Mancs start diving in the box and screaming at the refs when things dont look like going their way!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #6: Apr 08, 2007 08:15:59 pm
                            P   W   D   L    F   A    Diff   Pts
      1   Man Utd    32  25  3  4  75  23  +52  78
      2   Chelsea     32  23  6  3  56  19  +37  75
      3   Liverpool   32  18  6  8  50  22  +28  60

My belief is that the top two will lose every game 'til the end of the season.
      They will leak goals but Chelsea will win 1-0 at Stamford Bridge taking them level on points.

Liverpool will win their last 6 games- raking in 25 goals along the way thus making them League Champions for the 19th time. It is still mathematically possible... :action-smiley-057:  :mixed-smiley-009:  :o :laugh: :laugh:
      :cool-smiley-027: :food-smiley-005: You have to hold on to the dream...!!   :cool-smiley-027: :food-smiley-005:

U*d win the title by Ronaldo claiming a penalty at Stamford Bridge, the dirty winker... :D

I actually just hope (out of interest sake) that it's all square two games from the end when they play each other.

Would be a good one to watch that game.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2007 08:19:25 pm by RED1028 »
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 08, 2007 08:38:31 pm
      nothing can make me cheer for the man u sh*te. chelsea all the way.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Apr 08, 2007 09:42:24 pm
      Chelsea will win the league now. At least it keeps United from our precious League record. :D
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 08, 2007 10:05:13 pm
      gotta say chelsea as da ma mancs lost yesturday
      Audie
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 08, 2007 10:32:11 pm
      oh come on..liverpool is gonna win!!!..haha..but if this was between chelsea and man. u then possibly chelsea.so i don't know.it kinda gets me nervous..
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 08, 2007 10:55:06 pm
      h8 em both rather neither of them win it
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Apr 09, 2007 07:55:55 pm
      I think the Mancs will win the league, though I wish we would! ;)
      Eniac
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 09, 2007 10:20:06 pm
      I couldn't care less since it isn't Liverpool. Who's the lesser of two evils? I don't know, but the Mancs are at least worth hating, unlike Chelsea, who are so awfully bland.  :-\
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #14: Apr 09, 2007 10:57:38 pm
      "Who will land the title?"  I wish there was other alternatives than those two... And I wish I could believe you, RED..  ;)
      Eniac is right, "who's the lesser of two evils"... Chelsea with that clown of a manager and some of the players. ach... A third title will make Morinho even more disgusting. But my despite for Man utd is so much older, its not natural for me to say Id like them to take home the Premiership title. But as most of you say, I kind of dont care, as long as we finish top 4. If Man utd get the title, I'll have a happy and pleased boyfriend the rest of the summer, who may sustain my exulting for winning the Ch. League  ;D :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Apr 09, 2007 11:40:06 pm
      Who will land the title will be all down to who holds their nerve the best.
      I think it's quite ironic that Chelsea play the paupers club last game of the season. Makes for an interesting last day, seeing as the moaners from across the park would love to help their friends out - moan urinals!
      I suppose Chelsea are more used to winning a title these days so maybe that can help in their more difficult run in of games remaining. But it's pretty tough to actually predict it at this stage - which I'm very glad about. Because it looked like the mancs were gonna run away with it not so long ago. Hope it goes down to the last day and Chelsea win it.
      My biggest hope though, is that we don't have to be having this discussion, this time next season! And that we know we'll be winning it!!!!!

RED1028, I love your optimism mate!!! Its never over until it's mathematically impossible!!!
      Lets have some 5-0 wins for the reds and the mancs and chavski get walloped in each game! That would be a dream come true wouldn't it!!!!!!!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #16: Apr 10, 2007 12:11:25 am
      That's right. We can still do it.... five defeats apiece for United and Chelsea.  Chelsea to beat the mancs.  Us to win all six by 5-0 thanks to the rotation system which has left our players at the peak of their powers.

Come on....that Istanbul Spirit!!!!!!!!!

I'll get my coat.
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #17: Apr 10, 2007 12:49:54 pm
      much as i'd love us to win the title at the expense of chavski and manure, i'd choose the chavs to win a 3rd successive title over the mancs anyday my hatred for chelsea has only been around since the uber-t**t Moanrinio arrived on the scene, but my hatred for Manure is LIFELONG.!!    If the portugit left chelsea my feelings toward them would mellow considerably, but my hatred of manure can never subside.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Apr 10, 2007 01:03:00 pm
      yeah, it'd have to be Chel$ki winning it over those Mancs....not only coz I hate the Mancs >:( sooooo much more, but because my boss is a Manc and I have Manc mates ???...and if they won I'd never hear the end of it. Whereas I don't know anyone who supports Chel$ki down here.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #19: Apr 10, 2007 03:24:31 pm
      Hate those manc tw*ts, hope they lose it this year even if it is to the chavs
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2007 06:50:29 pm
      Hate those manc tw*ts, hope they lose it this year even if it is to the chavs

You took the words right out of my mouth,If they win it there will be more Manc supporters wearing the shirts than ever before.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #21: Apr 10, 2007 09:22:09 pm
      I'm imagining the scums winning the league and then in the summer there's an investigation that the scums have been match fixing (getting referees to slow the time so they can slot in late winners). They get docked 20 points, and sent to the English Conference, which is worse than Liverpool Reserves playing in the Championship. They'll be a nationwide flea market sale of scum players, with Sunderland and Ipswich in race to get Gary Neville's signature. Sir Alex Ferguson knighthood gets stripped.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Apr 11, 2007 10:20:57 am
      Ok, here's a good one; Who do you guys think will win The Championship? The top two teams change so often, it's soo much more exciting than The Premiership (sorry!) :P

Quick Reply