Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Who will land the title?

Read 6766 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Who will land the title?
      Apr 08, 2007 03:35:22 pm
      Maureen senses blood.

"United are very lucky they don't have to play here next week. Can you imagine them here next weekend?

"That's the game where they will slip up, against us, so they're very lucky."

"I was not surprised Ferguson complained about our fixture because he is intelligent and maybe he thinks other people are stupid.

"But the truth is United are very, very lucky with the fixtures because, until now, they have always played before us."

Mourinho added: "Ferguson is an intelligent man, a successful man with a great career.

"But when you think other people are stupid it is not a good quality."

Fergie bites back

"Chelsea have a lot of tough games coming up so someone will make them suffer. It is hard to believe they will go six games without that happening.

"We are still three points ahead and if I was given that option at the start of the season I would have taken it."

1 Man Utd 32 14 1 1 43 10 11 2 3 32 13 52 78
      2 Chelsea  32 12 4 0 34 8 11 2 3 22 11 37 75

Man Utd's remaining Premiership fixtures:

Tuesday, 17 April
      (H) Sheff Utd
      Saturday, 21 April
      (H) Middlesbrough
      Saturday, 28 April
      (A) Everton
      Saturday, 5 May
      (A) Man City
      Wednesday, 9 May
      (A) Chelsea
      Sunday, 13 May
      (H) West Ham

Chelsea's remaining Premiership fixtures:

Wednesday, 18 April
      (A) West Ham
      Sunday, 22 April
      (A) Newcastle
      Saturday, 28 April
      (H) Bolton
      Sunday, 6 May
      (A) Arsenal
      Wednesday, 9 May
      (H) Man Utd
      Sunday, 13 May
      (H) Everton

So who's going to win it?  I personally hope they both get docked 20 points but in the unlikely event of that happening - I think I am slowly warming towards Chelsea winning it...

Tricky  ::)

mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Who will land the title?
      Reply #1: Apr 08, 2007 03:42:54 pm
      As much as I hate them both with a passion I would prefer Chelsea to win it over the scum!!! I think Chelsea have the harder fixtures though and if I had to put money on it, I would put it on the mancs flukeing their way to the title!!

But the only thing I care about this season is that 6th European trophy!!! ;)
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 08, 2007 04:30:31 pm
      Reckon the mancshite although unless its us I dont really give a  sh*te. >:D
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #3: Apr 08, 2007 05:15:05 pm
      I couldn't care less but I still think the Mancs will edge it.

Chelsea have hit pretty decent form of late but have a tougher run in and Man United always get the spawny results in the big games.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 08, 2007 05:37:09 pm
      I think I would have to take Chelsea over the Mancs.

I actually just hope (out of interest sake) that it's all square two games from the end when they play each other.

Would be a good one to watch that game.
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 08, 2007 06:05:00 pm
      Tough choice but will hope Chelsea or Manc scum ,but watch Mancs start diving in the box and screaming at the refs when things dont look like going their way!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #6: Apr 08, 2007 08:15:59 pm
                            P   W   D   L    F   A    Diff   Pts
      1   Man Utd    32  25  3  4  75  23  +52  78
      2   Chelsea     32  23  6  3  56  19  +37  75
      3   Liverpool   32  18  6  8  50  22  +28  60

My belief is that the top two will lose every game 'til the end of the season.
      They will leak goals but Chelsea will win 1-0 at Stamford Bridge taking them level on points.

Liverpool will win their last 6 games- raking in 25 goals along the way thus making them League Champions for the 19th time. It is still mathematically possible... :action-smiley-057:  :mixed-smiley-009:  :o :laugh: :laugh:
      :cool-smiley-027: :food-smiley-005: You have to hold on to the dream...!!   :cool-smiley-027: :food-smiley-005:

U*d win the title by Ronaldo claiming a penalty at Stamford Bridge, the dirty winker... :D

I actually just hope (out of interest sake) that it's all square two games from the end when they play each other.

Would be a good one to watch that game.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2007 08:19:25 pm by RED1028 »
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 08, 2007 08:38:31 pm
      nothing can make me cheer for the man u sh*te. chelsea all the way.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Apr 08, 2007 09:42:24 pm
      Chelsea will win the league now. At least it keeps United from our precious League record. :D
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 08, 2007 10:05:13 pm
      gotta say chelsea as da ma mancs lost yesturday
      Audie
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 08, 2007 10:32:11 pm
      oh come on..liverpool is gonna win!!!..haha..but if this was between chelsea and man. u then possibly chelsea.so i don't know.it kinda gets me nervous..
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 08, 2007 10:55:06 pm
      h8 em both rather neither of them win it
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Apr 09, 2007 07:55:55 pm
      I think the Mancs will win the league, though I wish we would! ;)
      Eniac
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 09, 2007 10:20:06 pm
      I couldn't care less since it isn't Liverpool. Who's the lesser of two evils? I don't know, but the Mancs are at least worth hating, unlike Chelsea, who are so awfully bland.  :-\
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #14: Apr 09, 2007 10:57:38 pm
      "Who will land the title?"  I wish there was other alternatives than those two... And I wish I could believe you, RED..  ;)
      Eniac is right, "who's the lesser of two evils"... Chelsea with that clown of a manager and some of the players. ach... A third title will make Morinho even more disgusting. But my despite for Man utd is so much older, its not natural for me to say Id like them to take home the Premiership title. But as most of you say, I kind of dont care, as long as we finish top 4. If Man utd get the title, I'll have a happy and pleased boyfriend the rest of the summer, who may sustain my exulting for winning the Ch. League  ;D :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Apr 09, 2007 11:40:06 pm
      Who will land the title will be all down to who holds their nerve the best.
      I think it's quite ironic that Chelsea play the paupers club last game of the season. Makes for an interesting last day, seeing as the moaners from across the park would love to help their friends out - moan urinals!
      I suppose Chelsea are more used to winning a title these days so maybe that can help in their more difficult run in of games remaining. But it's pretty tough to actually predict it at this stage - which I'm very glad about. Because it looked like the mancs were gonna run away with it not so long ago. Hope it goes down to the last day and Chelsea win it.
      My biggest hope though, is that we don't have to be having this discussion, this time next season! And that we know we'll be winning it!!!!!

RED1028, I love your optimism mate!!! Its never over until it's mathematically impossible!!!
      Lets have some 5-0 wins for the reds and the mancs and chavski get walloped in each game! That would be a dream come true wouldn't it!!!!!!!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #16: Apr 10, 2007 12:11:25 am
      That's right. We can still do it.... five defeats apiece for United and Chelsea.  Chelsea to beat the mancs.  Us to win all six by 5-0 thanks to the rotation system which has left our players at the peak of their powers.

Come on....that Istanbul Spirit!!!!!!!!!

I'll get my coat.
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #17: Apr 10, 2007 12:49:54 pm
      much as i'd love us to win the title at the expense of chavski and manure, i'd choose the chavs to win a 3rd successive title over the mancs anyday my hatred for chelsea has only been around since the uber-t**t Moanrinio arrived on the scene, but my hatred for Manure is LIFELONG.!!    If the portugit left chelsea my feelings toward them would mellow considerably, but my hatred of manure can never subside.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Apr 10, 2007 01:03:00 pm
      yeah, it'd have to be Chel$ki winning it over those Mancs....not only coz I hate the Mancs >:( sooooo much more, but because my boss is a Manc and I have Manc mates ???...and if they won I'd never hear the end of it. Whereas I don't know anyone who supports Chel$ki down here.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #19: Apr 10, 2007 03:24:31 pm
      Hate those manc tw*ts, hope they lose it this year even if it is to the chavs
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2007 06:50:29 pm
      Hate those manc tw*ts, hope they lose it this year even if it is to the chavs

You took the words right out of my mouth,If they win it there will be more Manc supporters wearing the shirts than ever before.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #21: Apr 10, 2007 09:22:09 pm
      I'm imagining the scums winning the league and then in the summer there's an investigation that the scums have been match fixing (getting referees to slow the time so they can slot in late winners). They get docked 20 points, and sent to the English Conference, which is worse than Liverpool Reserves playing in the Championship. They'll be a nationwide flea market sale of scum players, with Sunderland and Ipswich in race to get Gary Neville's signature. Sir Alex Ferguson knighthood gets stripped.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Apr 11, 2007 10:20:57 am
      Ok, here's a good one; Who do you guys think will win The Championship? The top two teams change so often, it's soo much more exciting than The Premiership (sorry!) :P
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #23: Apr 11, 2007 01:47:40 pm
      Ok, here's a good one; Who do you guys think will win The Championship? The top two teams change so often, it's soo much more exciting than The Premiership (sorry!) :P

do you mean the champions league?? LFC of course!!
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2007 01:58:20 pm by batman0077 »
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #24: Apr 11, 2007 02:10:47 pm

Hehe! Nic, youre awesome. Wondered when you would bring this one up! ;) :laugh:
      I got a couple of friends who are fans of the black cats, theyre very excited these days :)  And one guy in my class is a Leeds fan. Everyone makes fun of him, poor boy hehehe
      Would be fun if Sunderland made it, and maybe Birmingham too. I dont know. Got other things to spend my energy on these days! :)

And ofcourse... Theres this girl at my forum.. But Cardiff is now.. 10th? 11th? ;) ;)
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 11, 2007 02:28:01 pm
      what league are you guys talking about???
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #26: Apr 11, 2007 07:27:35 pm
      Champions League will be Liverpool!!!!
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 11, 2007 09:39:33 pm
      I would prefer Chavs win than that lot at Old Triffle... The championship? Well I'd like to see Keano against Fergie next season!! THAT would be something!!

Liverpool for Champs League of course!! ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2007 09:41:24 pm by KopQueen »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Apr 12, 2007 05:37:51 pm
      YES LFC FOR Champs League!!

Cardiff are 10th I think.. we just can't F***ing win any more, it's soo annoying  >:(  At the start of the season we beat Sunderland, Brum, drew with WBA, We had a few 3-0 or 4-0 or 4-1 results, we had a draw with Spurs at home then got beaten 4-1 (or 4-0) away then!!  ::)  We're just not consistent any more.

Anyway, everyone always asks me who I'd support between Cardiff and Liverpool.. And I'm afraid it would be Cardiff cos it's my home town  :P Hehe.

I think Sunderland will go up, either Brum or Preston 2nd, I want Cardiff to get in the playoffs at least.. It's mathematically possible, but seems so unlikely now  :'(

NEVERMIND.

Liverpool for our 6th Champions League - C'mon!!
      Alan1969
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 12, 2007 06:38:00 pm
      Hi guys and gals!

I am new here. Thought I'd put my first post in this topic.

Personally, I would always rather see Chelsea win the League if it was between them and Man Utd. However, I think Man Utd will win it on goal difference. I feel Chelsea will beat the Mancs at Stamford Bridge, but Man Utd will have the upper hand on goal difference.
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2007 06:39:17 pm by Alan1969 »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #30: Apr 12, 2007 06:41:20 pm
      We'll land the title, Manyoo and Chelski will lose everygame from now and then draw with each other at the Bridge and we'll win everygame from now on!

You've got to belive, if you don't belive we might aswell pack it in now! ;)
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #31: Apr 12, 2007 06:56:59 pm

Hi Alan! Welcome :)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32: Apr 12, 2007 07:02:24 pm
      When is the ManU Chelsea game??
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #33: Apr 12, 2007 07:13:38 pm
      what league are you guys talking about???

It's the league below the Premiership, Batman. If you're relegated from the Premiership, that's what league you have to play in - The Championship.

When is the ManU Chelsea game??

Wednesday 9th May, Nic.
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2007 07:16:00 pm by redkenny »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Apr 12, 2007 07:30:43 pm
      Thanks ;D

How do people not know of The Championship?! It's where Watford are off to.. I think along with West Ham and Sheffield Utd.. but maybe Charlton instead of WHU..
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      God I Hope the Chavs win the Prem!
      Reply #35: Apr 21, 2007 07:39:26 pm
      Scum 'fans(?)' leaving The Stadium of Boredom with 2 mins to go in their 1-1 game against Boro when their season depends on it and then hearing them whine on 606 has got me so pissed but not remotely surprised....I hope to god the Chavs win....the scum fans have no passion, class, knowledge or personality....they are ignorant lemmings! Gonna take a couple of valium and put my LFC kit on and feel good again....
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2007 07:40:02 pm by lester76 »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: God I Hope the Chavs win the Prem!
      Reply #36: Apr 21, 2007 07:55:51 pm
      Hmmm, tough choice this one, a bit like asking me if I'd rather eat warm sh!t or cold sh!t.

But for me, I'd rather Manure won than Sh!tski. At the end of the day, if it had to be one of them I'd rather the title wasn't bought by Sh!tski, at least Manure's team haven't all cost £20-30m each & there's a few homegrown players in there. Also I'd rather Manure win just for the sake of change. I know Manure will pull level with us in terms of league titles, but f#ck it, we'll win number 19 next season anyway.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Mancs or Chavs
      Reply #37: Apr 21, 2007 07:59:24 pm
      Well it's been clear for some time now, we won't be winning the prem this year. What are everybodies thoughts on the eventual winners. Would they preferr the scum to win it or the chavs to win three in a row.  They have to meet again yet, I just hope the ground opens up and the both disapear, then I wouldn't have to make a decision myself. Hopefully next season we can be up there and there will be only one answer.                                 
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: God I Hope the Chavs win the Prem!
      Reply #38: Apr 21, 2007 07:59:47 pm
      Chelski can buy it happily....that I can deal with. But Scum beleiving that they are worthy of pulling level with us and all those smug moronic ignorant fans......come on Chavs!! 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #39: Apr 21, 2007 09:05:56 pm
      Bang on lester, don't want the mancs winning the league now, we'll still be three ahead of them.

Watched the mancs v boro earlier on and again another stonewall pen for opposition team turned down at old trafford.

Chelsea get three points v Newcastle tomorrow and it's down to one with both still to meet at stamford bridge
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Apr 22, 2007 05:01:38 am
      Hmmm, tough choice this one, a bit like asking me if I'd rather eat warm sh!t or cold sh!t.

But for me, I'd rather Manure won than Sh!tski. At the end of the day, if it had to be one of them I'd rather the title wasn't bought by Sh!tski, at least Manure's team haven't all cost £20-30m each & there's a few homegrown players in there. Also I'd rather Manure win just for the sake of change. I know Manure will pull level with us in terms of league titles, but f#ck it, we'll win number 19 next season anyway.

Proper football man you Eddie. I can see where you're coming from there.
      I have to disagree though. The way Chavski are pulling it back at the moment when not so long ago it looked like the mancs were gonna run away with it, just shows that that team of money men, do actually want to put a fight up for the league. There's a fair amount of pressure on both sides now, which is great!!! It's all a case of who's gonna hold their nerve the best, in every minute of every game.
      I'd rather Chavski beat the scum to it because they're not gonna last for a long time in winning loads of titles. We'll hopefully be winning number 19 very soon. But if the mancs win another one after a few years of going without a title, then that gives their young talented players - who haven't won the Prem before - an incentive to do it again, with gained experience.
      And frankly, I don't want them going anywhere near our 18!!!

In an ideal world, they'd both get 20 points deducted for both smelling of sh*t and polluting the atmosphere. But the FA are too busy smelling their own crap to notice!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #41: Apr 22, 2007 07:15:11 am
      Proper football man you Eddie. I can see where you're coming from there.

Proper football man? He wants the scum to win! Just by this it shows he has no knowledge whatsoever! Football man.....No hard feelings eddie...I'm sure you didn't think it through before you posted your love of Man utd...
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2007 07:16:14 am by lester76 »
      RedWilly

• 9,223 posts | 1646 
      Reply #42: Apr 22, 2007 09:18:21 am
      Gotta be Chelski for me, if the scums win it, then they will be always going on about how they broke chelski's dominance. Also i'd love to see manure season fall apart. But it's in Chelski's hands for the title now, and with the form there on your can't see them losing any more games (apart from in the CL!) ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: Apr 22, 2007 10:10:55 am
      Dont give a toss who wins it this season, if its not the might reds then i'm not ar*sed.  Nice to see them concentrating on something else rather than the CL  ;)  I'm glad they've got other important games on their agendas !!  ;D

EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #44: Apr 22, 2007 10:40:11 am
      Proper football man? He wants the scum to win! Just by this it shows he has no knowledge whatsoever! Football man.....No hard feelings eddie...I'm sure you didn't think it through before you posted your love of Man utd...

Right Lester, I let you insult me once when I first joined this forum, I won't let you insult me twice though, you can go f#ck yourself mate.

'My love of Man Utd', where have I professed my love for Man Utd then Lester? Because I think it clearly says in my post that in an ideal world I wouldn't want either of them to win, but given the choice between the two Utd would just edge it for me. The reasons for this are purely footballing. Give me the choice of who I hate more, Utd or Chelsea, I'd say Utd every time. But I'd still rather the league wasn't won by a team that has, in my opinion, trampled all over the rule books with a fist full of Russian Roubles. From tapping up players, and also boardroom staff, to alleged bungs, and questions over certain players ownerships, and of course not forgetting hugely inflating the transfer market again just when it was getting back to some sense of normality, Chelsea are not good for the game. Not one iota. This is what Kenny was talking about when he said I was a 'proper football man' the fact that I can put aside my hate of Man Utd and see what's good for the game. If Chelsea were to win only the Carling Cup this season, it would send out the right message to the footballing world. Of course, judging by the narrowminded posts I have seen from you since I joined this is not a concept I would expect you to understand.

You say I have no knowledge Lester. Near enough every post I make with regards to footballing matters is backed up by stats or reports, and is well thought through. You on the other hand, repeatedly post 'We should buy Tevez' and that's it. Would you care to expand on that at all Lester, or is that really the limits of your mental capacity, that you just waffle on about how we should buy a player cos you heard he's good somewhere once. Come on Lester, I'm giving you your chance to prove me wrong, as I'm very confident you will be incapable of doing it, if you were capable of writing a good post, you would've done so by now. I think you need to take a good long look in the mirror son, then ask yourself if you should be questioning my footballing knowledge.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #45: Apr 22, 2007 05:28:21 pm
      Seen some of the posts bit further up where nicola asks if anyone knows of The Championship!

The Good ol' days for me, personally hate all this sky hyped up premership, epl bollocks - to anyone from Liverpool it's the league and god I used to love listen to commentators say "And that's the Championship" whenever we won the league in the 80s.

I mean premiership - sounds f***in rugby to me!!
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #46: Apr 22, 2007 08:09:04 pm

Sunderland with Keano in charge............... :laugh:..................
      Right Lester, I let you insult me once when I first joined this forum, I won't let you insult me twice though, you can go f#ck yourself mate.

'My love of Man Utd', where have I professed my love for Man Utd then Lester? Because I think it clearly says in my post that in an ideal world I wouldn't want either of them to win, but given the choice between the two Utd would just edge it for me. The reasons for this are purely footballing. Give me the choice of who I hate more, Utd or Chelsea, I'd say Utd every time. But I'd still rather the league wasn't won by a team that has, in my opinion, trampled all over the rule books with a fist full of Russian Roubles. From tapping up players, and also boardroom staff, to alleged bungs, and questions over certain players ownerships, and of course not forgetting hugely inflating the transfer market again just when it was getting back to some sense of normality, Chelsea are not good for the game. Not one iota. This is what Kenny was talking about when he said I was a 'proper football man' the fact that I can put aside my hate of Man Utd and see what's good for the game. If Chelsea were to win only the Carling Cup this season, it would send out the right message to the footballing world. Of course, judging by the narrowminded posts I have seen from you since I joined this is not a concept I would expect you to understand.

You say I have no knowledge Lester. Near enough every post I make with regards to footballing matters is backed up by stats or reports, and is well thought through. You on the other hand, repeatedly post 'We should buy Tevez' and that's it. Would you care to expand on that at all Lester, or is that really the limits of your mental capacity, that you just waffle on about how we should buy a player cos you heard he's good somewhere once. Come on Lester, I'm giving you your chance to prove me wrong, as I'm very confident you will be incapable of doing it, if you were capable of writing a good post, you would've done so by now. I think you need to take a good long look in the mirror son, then ask yourself if you should be questioning my footballing knowledge.

I can understand your hatred of Man United Eddie and I wouldn't expect anything else from a Liverpool fan but you have put all that aside to put your point forward, I didn't get any sense of love for Man United from you at all but Lester seems to want to make a totally different point. Anyway the reason I'm here on a Liverpool site is that it's good to hear opposing points of view, I have been on many Liverpool sites over the years and I can confidently say that there is very little love for Man United on Liverpool fan sites and none from you which is as it should be...

We could see Man United v Liverpool in Athens next month, I would rather play Liverpool than Chelsea, not because I would feel more confident of beating Liverpool but because it would be a much better game, United have flair but Chelsea are boring. I'm sure we used our quota of luck against Liverpool up on our last game and there's probably none left but it would be a good spectacle...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #47: Apr 22, 2007 08:20:35 pm
      Truth is though King Cantona we have a proper rivalry, unlike with the johnny come lately's from Chelsea

I know the whole of the media would like Utd vs Chelsea in every comp, but I seriously think we can pull this off again!

How do you think you lot will do against Milan, especially as I see today that Fergie's claiming he's only got 12 of his first-team squad available, and this isn't a dig.

As for going on LIverpool sites we could reverse this and say the exact same thing would happen if you're a Liverppol fan going on a Man Utd site. I could talk to one or two mancs easy but you get groups and you know at least a couple of the group are going to end up slagging each other off.

We're the two most successful teams in the country, two biggest cities in the North West and both want to be top dog if yer  know what I mean!   
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #48: Apr 22, 2007 08:31:51 pm
      Ok Eddie...relax. Deep breathl. If you feel offended and didn't notice the sarcastic tone to my post (in fact virtually all my posts) then I apologise.

So you'd rather, between the two evils that Man Utd won? The reasons you give are 'purely footballing'. Ok fine. As LFC fans we all share tthe love of the beautiful game...and yes if pushed I can Look at Man Utd and see the fine tradition of great individual players (Edwards, Law, Best, Charlton, Cantona, Hughes, Ronaldo, Giggs and Lee Martin). But the dislike of Man utd comes not due to the players (except Neville)  or the style of play but from the so called fans.

My feeling is that I'd rather chelsea won the premiership so that we can feel better about ourselves and discount it! As with Blackburn's title in 94-95, Juventus buying the 2004, 2005 Serie A  and now the rise of Chelsea...we can feel better that money created them but time and lack of class  knocked them down (past tense in regard to chelski because roman will get bored and the wheels will come off the cart as soon as this happens) If the Manc were to win they'd have 16 titles  and steadily closing...don't  know about you but the thought of smug united fans is something that makes me retch up bile! Have you ever lived with a United fan?

If any of you have then you'll know that regardless of 'purely footballing' reasons Chelski are the only choice for Liverpool fans! Plus when we take care of chelski over the coming two legs and then Milan destroy the Scum it will be a 2005 final all over again...Number six is coming home and we will have taken care of the Prem Champs (chelsea), put the majority of the Milan squad into retirement and will be safe in the knowledge that the scum couldn't even make it to Athens. As for narrow minded? Only in my dislike of Man Utd Fans! I feel pretty safe in that opinion!

As for Tevez and why I continue my campaign to get him to Anfield....lets think about this.

-3 time South american Player of the year, Olympic gold medalist, 12 goals from 32 appearances for national team (22 from 52 for under 21's), World cup pedigree (m of the m against holland), numerous argentinian and brazilian domestic trophies.

-As an individual he has everything. Pace, power, agility, awareness, technically superb, low centre of gravity, versatility, freekick specialist....i can go on.
      -He is a team player. he thinks about the good of his team rather than himself. Proof in the fact he has declined numerous offers of plastic surgery to repair his horrendous scars. He has declined, caring less about superficials and more about his actions.

-He is 23, a winner, a survivor and a selfless maestro we'd be proud to call one of our own...unless of course you'd rather keep Craig bellamy?

As for looking in the mirror? I did this morning...naked in a full length mirror and you know what  I'm a good looking man! I needed the ego boost so thanks eddie!
      Side note...actually love to read your posts and that you get passionate about it and back it up....look forward to more rants! YNWA

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2007 08:54:47 pm by JD »
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #49: Apr 22, 2007 08:37:26 pm
      Truth is though King Cantona we have a proper rivalry, unlike with the johnny come lately's from Chelsea

I know the whole of the media would like Utd vs Chelsea in every comp, but I seriously think we can pull this off again!

How do you think you lot will do against Milan, especially as I see today that Fergie's claiming he's only got 12 of his first-team squad available, and this isn't a dig.

As for going on LIverpool sites we could reverse this and say the exact same thing would happen if you're a Liverppol fan going on a Man Utd site. I could talk to one or two mancs easy but you get groups and you know at least a couple of the group are going to end up slagging each other off.

We're the two most successful teams in the country, two biggest cities in the North West and both want to be top dog if yer  know what I mean!  

Yes of course Huyton Red, there is a lot of rivalry but I grew out of all that tribalism years ago, you're right of course, there are Liverpool fans on United web sites and there is a good bit of banter flying around but I don't think (and I certainly hope not) that there is anything like the overt hatred that existed in the seventies and eighties....

You rightly said that Chelsea are 'Johnny come latelies' and I think that even Arsenal are not the real rivals, City aren't our rivals either, or Leeds, our main rivals since I first went to Old Trafford as a twelve year old kid in 1971 have always been Liverpool, Keegan, Dalglish, Gerard and all the rest of them, they're our rivals but I don't dislike Liverpool the way I dislike Chelsea and Arsenal...
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2007 08:43:49 pm by King Cantona »
      RedWilly

• 9,223 posts | 1646 
      Reply #50: Apr 22, 2007 09:03:23 pm
      You've got to give it to the mancs this season. They have played great football all season, and noone had expected them to do so well. And Chelski must have blown there chances after failing to close the gap to one point.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #51: Apr 22, 2007 10:55:21 pm
      Agree...the chavs really slipped up today....gonna be down to the wire...
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #52: Apr 23, 2007 11:31:40 am
      Ok Eddie...relax. Deep breathl. If you feel offended and didn't notice the sarcastic tone to my post (in fact virtually all my posts) then I apologise.

No problems, I'll let it go. I just don't like being told I have no knowledge for having a different opinion.
      As for Tevez and why I continue my campaign to get him to Anfield....lets think about this.

-3 time South american Player of the year, Olympic gold medalist, 12 goals from 32 appearances for national team (22 from 52 for under 21's), World cup pedigree (m of the m against holland), numerous argentinian and brazilian domestic trophies.

-As an individual he has everything. Pace, power, agility, awareness, technically superb, low centre of gravity, versatility, freekick specialist....I can go on.
      -He is a team player. he thinks about the good of his team rather than himself. Proof in the fact he has declined numerous offers of plastic surgery to repair his horrendous scars. He has declined, caring less about superficials and more about his actions.

-He is 23, a winner, a survivor and a selfless maestro we'd be proud to call one of our own...unless of course you'd rather keep Craig bellamy?

Much better, I wouldn't argue with any of the points made there, it was just that you weren't making those points before. Fair play you've proved me wrong, there is some knowledge in there  ;D

More of the same please, makes much better reading & gives a platform for discussion to develop from.
      My feeling is that I'd rather chelsea won the premiership so that we can feel better about ourselves and discount it! As with Blackburn's title in 94-95, Juventus buying the 2004, 2005 Serie A  and now the rise of Chelsea...we can feel better that money created them but time and lack of class  knocked them down (past tense in regard to chelski because roman will get bored and the wheels will come off the cart as soon as this happens) If the Manc were to win they'd have 16 titles  and steadily closing...don't  know about you but the thought of smug united fans is something that makes me retch up bile! Have you ever lived with a United fan?

If any of you have then you'll know that regardless of 'purely footballing' reasons Chelski are the only choice for Liverpool fans! Plus when we take care of chelski over the coming two legs and then Milan destroy the Scum it will be a 2005 final all over again...Number six is coming home and we will have taken care of the Prem Champs (chelsea), put the majority of the Milan squad into retirement and will be safe in the knowledge that the scum couldn't even make it to Athens. As for narrow minded? Only in my dislike of Man Utd Fans! I feel pretty safe in that opinion!

I understand your point of view, but I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. My little brother is actually a Utd fan (I only met him when I was 16, so too late to do anything about it) so I know exactly what they can be like. But I can honestly say that despite my hatred of Utd, it would be the best thing for the game if Chelsea didn't win anything else this season. Who knows, maybe Abramovich might even pull out? Anyway, we both have our opinions, and theres a good case for both, so lets just leave it there.
      crayinliverpool
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #53: Apr 23, 2007 03:40:42 pm
      I HATE BOTHCHELSEA AND MAN UTD but liverpool is far from the lead this year so i hope chelsea win the league this year because manutd is the team that i most hate
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #54: Apr 24, 2007 12:07:25 pm
      Cant stand it if either wins so ill say whoever wins the game between each other.

Quick Reply