Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Who will land the title?

Read 6771 times
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Re: Who will land the title?
      Reply #23: Apr 11, 2007 01:47:40 pm
      Ok, here's a good one; Who do you guys think will win The Championship? The top two teams change so often, it's soo much more exciting than The Premiership (sorry!) :P

do you mean the champions league?? LFC of course!!
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2007 01:58:20 pm by batman0077 »
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #24: Apr 11, 2007 02:10:47 pm
      Ok, here's a good one; Who do you guys think will win The Championship? The top two teams change so often, it's soo much more exciting than The Premiership (sorry!) :P

Hehe! Nic, youre awesome. Wondered when you would bring this one up! ;) :laugh:
      I got a couple of friends who are fans of the black cats, theyre very excited these days :)  And one guy in my class is a Leeds fan. Everyone makes fun of him, poor boy hehehe
      Would be fun if Sunderland made it, and maybe Birmingham too. I dont know. Got other things to spend my energy on these days! :)

And ofcourse... Theres this girl at my forum.. But Cardiff is now.. 10th? 11th? ;) ;)
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 11, 2007 02:28:01 pm
      what league are you guys talking about???
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #26: Apr 11, 2007 07:27:35 pm
      Champions League will be Liverpool!!!!
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 11, 2007 09:39:33 pm
      I would prefer Chavs win than that lot at Old Triffle... The championship? Well I'd like to see Keano against Fergie next season!! THAT would be something!!

Liverpool for Champs League of course!! ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2007 09:41:24 pm by KopQueen »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Apr 12, 2007 05:37:51 pm
      YES LFC FOR Champs League!!

Cardiff are 10th I think.. we just can't F***ing win any more, it's soo annoying  >:(  At the start of the season we beat Sunderland, Brum, drew with WBA, We had a few 3-0 or 4-0 or 4-1 results, we had a draw with Spurs at home then got beaten 4-1 (or 4-0) away then!!  ::)  We're just not consistent any more.

Anyway, everyone always asks me who I'd support between Cardiff and Liverpool.. And I'm afraid it would be Cardiff cos it's my home town  :P Hehe.

I think Sunderland will go up, either Brum or Preston 2nd, I want Cardiff to get in the playoffs at least.. It's mathematically possible, but seems so unlikely now  :'(

NEVERMIND.

Liverpool for our 6th Champions League - C'mon!!
      Alan1969
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 12, 2007 06:38:00 pm
      Hi guys and gals!

I am new here. Thought I'd put my first post in this topic.

Personally, I would always rather see Chelsea win the League if it was between them and Man Utd. However, I think Man Utd will win it on goal difference. I feel Chelsea will beat the Mancs at Stamford Bridge, but Man Utd will have the upper hand on goal difference.
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2007 06:39:17 pm by Alan1969 »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #30: Apr 12, 2007 06:41:20 pm
      We'll land the title, Manyoo and Chelski will lose everygame from now and then draw with each other at the Bridge and we'll win everygame from now on!

You've got to belive, if you don't belive we might aswell pack it in now! ;)
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #31: Apr 12, 2007 06:56:59 pm

Hi Alan! Welcome :)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32: Apr 12, 2007 07:02:24 pm
      When is the ManU Chelsea game??
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #33: Apr 12, 2007 07:13:38 pm
      what league are you guys talking about???

It's the league below the Premiership, Batman. If you're relegated from the Premiership, that's what league you have to play in - The Championship.

When is the ManU Chelsea game??

Wednesday 9th May, Nic.
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2007 07:16:00 pm by redkenny »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Apr 12, 2007 07:30:43 pm
      Thanks ;D

How do people not know of The Championship?! It's where Watford are off to.. I think along with West Ham and Sheffield Utd.. but maybe Charlton instead of WHU..
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      God I Hope the Chavs win the Prem!
      Reply #35: Apr 21, 2007 07:39:26 pm
      Scum 'fans(?)' leaving The Stadium of Boredom with 2 mins to go in their 1-1 game against Boro when their season depends on it and then hearing them whine on 606 has got me so pissed but not remotely surprised....I hope to god the Chavs win....the scum fans have no passion, class, knowledge or personality....they are ignorant lemmings! Gonna take a couple of valium and put my LFC kit on and feel good again....
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2007 07:40:02 pm by lester76 »
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: God I Hope the Chavs win the Prem!
      Reply #36: Apr 21, 2007 07:55:51 pm
      Hmmm, tough choice this one, a bit like asking me if I'd rather eat warm sh!t or cold sh!t.

But for me, I'd rather Manure won than Sh!tski. At the end of the day, if it had to be one of them I'd rather the title wasn't bought by Sh!tski, at least Manure's team haven't all cost £20-30m each & there's a few homegrown players in there. Also I'd rather Manure win just for the sake of change. I know Manure will pull level with us in terms of league titles, but f#ck it, we'll win number 19 next season anyway.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Mancs or Chavs
      Reply #37: Apr 21, 2007 07:59:24 pm
      Well it's been clear for some time now, we won't be winning the prem this year. What are everybodies thoughts on the eventual winners. Would they preferr the scum to win it or the chavs to win three in a row.  They have to meet again yet, I just hope the ground opens up and the both disapear, then I wouldn't have to make a decision myself. Hopefully next season we can be up there and there will be only one answer.                                 
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: God I Hope the Chavs win the Prem!
      Reply #38: Apr 21, 2007 07:59:47 pm
      Chelski can buy it happily....that I can deal with. But Scum beleiving that they are worthy of pulling level with us and all those smug moronic ignorant fans......come on Chavs!! 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #39: Apr 21, 2007 09:05:56 pm
      Bang on lester, don't want the mancs winning the league now, we'll still be three ahead of them.

Watched the mancs v boro earlier on and again another stonewall pen for opposition team turned down at old trafford.

Chelsea get three points v Newcastle tomorrow and it's down to one with both still to meet at stamford bridge
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Apr 22, 2007 05:01:38 am
      Hmmm, tough choice this one, a bit like asking me if I'd rather eat warm sh!t or cold sh!t.

But for me, I'd rather Manure won than Sh!tski. At the end of the day, if it had to be one of them I'd rather the title wasn't bought by Sh!tski, at least Manure's team haven't all cost £20-30m each & there's a few homegrown players in there. Also I'd rather Manure win just for the sake of change. I know Manure will pull level with us in terms of league titles, but f#ck it, we'll win number 19 next season anyway.

Proper football man you Eddie. I can see where you're coming from there.
      I have to disagree though. The way Chavski are pulling it back at the moment when not so long ago it looked like the mancs were gonna run away with it, just shows that that team of money men, do actually want to put a fight up for the league. There's a fair amount of pressure on both sides now, which is great!!! It's all a case of who's gonna hold their nerve the best, in every minute of every game.
      I'd rather Chavski beat the scum to it because they're not gonna last for a long time in winning loads of titles. We'll hopefully be winning number 19 very soon. But if the mancs win another one after a few years of going without a title, then that gives their young talented players - who haven't won the Prem before - an incentive to do it again, with gained experience.
      And frankly, I don't want them going anywhere near our 18!!!

In an ideal world, they'd both get 20 points deducted for both smelling of sh*t and polluting the atmosphere. But the FA are too busy smelling their own crap to notice!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #41: Apr 22, 2007 07:15:11 am
      Proper football man you Eddie. I can see where you're coming from there.

Proper football man? He wants the scum to win! Just by this it shows he has no knowledge whatsoever! Football man.....No hard feelings eddie...I'm sure you didn't think it through before you posted your love of Man utd...
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2007 07:16:14 am by lester76 »
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #42: Apr 22, 2007 09:18:21 am
      Gotta be Chelski for me, if the scums win it, then they will be always going on about how they broke chelski's dominance. Also i'd love to see manure season fall apart. But it's in Chelski's hands for the title now, and with the form there on your can't see them losing any more games (apart from in the CL!) ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: Apr 22, 2007 10:10:55 am
      Dont give a toss who wins it this season, if its not the might reds then i'm not ar*sed.  Nice to see them concentrating on something else rather than the CL  ;)  I'm glad they've got other important games on their agendas !!  ;D

EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #44: Apr 22, 2007 10:40:11 am
      Proper football man? He wants the scum to win! Just by this it shows he has no knowledge whatsoever! Football man.....No hard feelings eddie...I'm sure you didn't think it through before you posted your love of Man utd...

Right Lester, I let you insult me once when I first joined this forum, I won't let you insult me twice though, you can go f#ck yourself mate.

'My love of Man Utd', where have I professed my love for Man Utd then Lester? Because I think it clearly says in my post that in an ideal world I wouldn't want either of them to win, but given the choice between the two Utd would just edge it for me. The reasons for this are purely footballing. Give me the choice of who I hate more, Utd or Chelsea, I'd say Utd every time. But I'd still rather the league wasn't won by a team that has, in my opinion, trampled all over the rule books with a fist full of Russian Roubles. From tapping up players, and also boardroom staff, to alleged bungs, and questions over certain players ownerships, and of course not forgetting hugely inflating the transfer market again just when it was getting back to some sense of normality, Chelsea are not good for the game. Not one iota. This is what Kenny was talking about when he said I was a 'proper football man' the fact that I can put aside my hate of Man Utd and see what's good for the game. If Chelsea were to win only the Carling Cup this season, it would send out the right message to the footballing world. Of course, judging by the narrowminded posts I have seen from you since I joined this is not a concept I would expect you to understand.

You say I have no knowledge Lester. Near enough every post I make with regards to footballing matters is backed up by stats or reports, and is well thought through. You on the other hand, repeatedly post 'We should buy Tevez' and that's it. Would you care to expand on that at all Lester, or is that really the limits of your mental capacity, that you just waffle on about how we should buy a player cos you heard he's good somewhere once. Come on Lester, I'm giving you your chance to prove me wrong, as I'm very confident you will be incapable of doing it, if you were capable of writing a good post, you would've done so by now. I think you need to take a good long look in the mirror son, then ask yourself if you should be questioning my footballing knowledge.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #45: Apr 22, 2007 05:28:21 pm
      Seen some of the posts bit further up where nicola asks if anyone knows of The Championship!

The Good ol' days for me, personally hate all this sky hyped up premership, epl bollocks - to anyone from Liverpool it's the league and god I used to love listen to commentators say "And that's the Championship" whenever we won the league in the 80s.

I mean premiership - sounds f***in rugby to me!!

Quick Reply