Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The 'Important Moments in The History of Liverpool Football Club' Picture Thread

Read 15313 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      The 'Important Moments in The History of Liverpool Football Club' Picture Thread
      Aug 31, 2009 01:27:21 pm
      This is a thread for pictures from important moments in the history of Liverpool Football Club. Feel free to post pictures that will raise a smile, bring back a memory or a tear to the eye. Great moments, great goals - whatever you like, old or new.

I'll start with what I think is a monumental picture.

11 months after the great Bill Shankly passed away, on 26th August 1982, the great man's wife unlocked The Shankly Gates for the first time. As Bob Paisley and Chairman John Smith look on, Ness turns the key.

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: The 'Important Moments in The History of Liverpool Football Club' Picture Thread
      Reply #1: Aug 31, 2009 09:29:58 pm
      The Last Day of The Kop

Saturday 30th April 1994 marked the last Liverpool home game in front of the legendary Spion Kop. It was a day filled with emotion and a capacity crowd witnessed Norwich record a shock 1-0 victory, Jeremy Goss scoring the winning goal. It was a day when the result didn't matter though. A day filled with nostalgia, songs, cheers and tears. The rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone was something that literally shook my bones, even though I wasn't at the game and was listening to commentary on Radio City on a bus by St George's Hall. The amount of banners on The Kop that day was fantastic.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: The 'Important Moments in The History of Liverpool Football Club' Picture Thread
      Reply #2: Aug 31, 2009 09:35:57 pm

Steven Gerrard makes his Liverpool debut on the 22nd November 1998, in a Premier league fuxture against Blackburn Rovers at Anfield.  
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #3: Aug 31, 2009 09:40:22 pm

McAllister winner v Everton, April 2001

Always brings a smile to my face, One of my favorite goals. Very emotional after the game so i was.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Aug 31, 2009 09:42:13 pm
      Strange.

No word of a lie I was going to post a picture connected with that before changing my mind.

Houllier's reaction is priceless.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #5: Aug 31, 2009 09:50:36 pm
      Strange.

No word of a lie I was going to post a picture connected with that before changing my mind.

Houllier's reaction is priceless.
      First thing that came to me head mate, Ill never forget it.

Houlliers face? You could fit the ball in his mouth, it was opened that much
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #6: Aug 31, 2009 10:00:50 pm
      I can't find a picture but one fairly recent moment that touched me was Luis Garcia's reaction after Crouchy got his first Liverpool goal.  Everyone was running after him to celebrate but Luis was leaping and dancing down the touchline like he'd scored the title-clinching or Champs League-winning goal himself!  Team spirit or what?!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Aug 31, 2009 10:22:32 pm

The date...25th May 1977

Liverpool's first European Cup Final win in Rome.

What an achievement, and it went on to such great things in the future.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Re: The 'Important Moments in The History of Liverpool Football Club' Picture Th
      Reply #8: Aug 31, 2009 10:29:32 pm

On 10th May 1978, Terry McDermott and Kenny Dalglish hold the European Cup after beating Club Brugges 1-0 at Wembley thanks to a goal from Dalglish.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #9: Aug 31, 2009 10:44:56 pm

The goal I believe was over the line
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Aug 31, 2009 10:49:56 pm

The goal I believe was over the line

Do you mean this one?  :laugh:

Ha ha....Luis Garcia, he drinks Sangria  :laugh:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #11: Aug 31, 2009 10:50:37 pm

Luis Garcia scores a hotly disputed goal to knock Chelsea out of the Champions League in 2005.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #12: Aug 31, 2009 11:28:37 pm
      was it 1986, Liverpool vs Everton at Wembly first time in FA cup final, I slotted gate 29   3 quid and he let me in, priceless we beat them    Rush a few goals from what I remember but my mind is cloudy about the past.  piccy to follow
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #13: Sep 01, 2009 12:04:25 am
      The contract from 1892 that gave us our club.

StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #14: Sep 01, 2009 10:48:35 am

Steven Gerrard makes his Liverpool debut on the 22nd November 1998, in a Premier league fuxture against Blackburn Rovers at Anfield. 

Awwwk look at his cute little baby face hahaha, can't believe that was almost 11 years ago  :o
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      Reply #15: Sep 01, 2009 11:00:39 am
      I know people think I am mad but I KNOW it was over the line
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #16: Sep 01, 2009 12:43:19 pm
      This is a thread for pictures from important moments in the history of Liverpool Football Club. Feel free to post pictures that will raise a smile, bring back a memory or a tear to the eye. Great moments, great goals - whatever you like, old or new.

I'll start with what I think is a monumental picture.

11 months after the great Bill Shankly passed away, on 26th August 1982, the great man's wife unlocked The Shankly Gates for the first time. As Bob Paisley and Chairman John Smith look on, Ness turns the key.

Oh how the likes of John Smith must be turning in his grave.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #17: Sep 01, 2009 09:24:22 pm

Do I need to say what it's about
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      Reply #18: Sep 01, 2009 09:53:34 pm
      Whats that silver trophy in gerrards hand mag?  :f_doh: ;D ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #19: Sep 01, 2009 09:54:37 pm
      Whats that silver trophy in gerrards hand mag?  :f_doh: ;D ;D

Johnson's Paint Trophy ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #20: Sep 01, 2009 11:07:34 pm
      The very first time we won the FA Cup in 1965

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #21: Sep 01, 2009 11:15:59 pm
      First day in the new job  ;D

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Sep 01, 2009 11:38:56 pm
      Liverpool returned to the scene of their first European Cup in Rome 1977 and beat AS Roma on their own ground to lift the European Cup of 1984.

The Final - May 30th 1984

Liverpool 1 AS Roma 1

Liverpool won 4-2 on penalties

Team : Grobbelaar, Neal, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Whelan, Hansen, Dalglish (Robinson), Lee, Rush, Johnston (Nicol), Souness

Goals : Neal (14)

Penalties : Neal, Souness, Rush, Kennedy

Att : 69,693

Unused Subs : Bolder, Hodgson, Gillespie

The Olympic stadium, Rome - scene of the Reds first European cup triumph and home to AS Roma. Surely playing a side in their own back yard would prove too difficult for the Reds. Liverpool though had huge confidence and before the game were all relaxed and singing Chris Rea tunes. The Reds arrived as English champions for the third year in a row. They'd also won the League Cup for the fourth time in a row so had confidence about them. The Reds went straight out to silence the crowd and played keep ball. On fourteen minutes a Craig Johnston cross was fumbled by the Roma keeper and Phil Neal who had gone forward in the attack prodded the loose ball home. That goal resulted in an onslaught from Roma and they finally scored just before half time as Pruzzo headed past Grobbelaar. No more goals though in the game and as extra time came and went it was down t penalties.

Steve Nicol took the first one and blazed over to make the Roma fans confident. Bruno Conti at 1-1 though then hit his spot kick over the bar. Both kicks then went in for two each and Ian Rush made it 3-2. Bruce Grobbelaar then went to work on Graziani. The Reds keeper psyched him out with his spaghetti legs on the line and Graziani fired over the bar. The miss meant Alan Kennedy could win the cup for the Reds for the second time and Kennedy duly scored to send the Reds home victorious. The treble was the Reds'.

Quick Reply