Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

What does Brendan have to do next season to convince his doubters?

Read 19700 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Re: What does Brendan have to do next season to convince his doubters?
      Reply #161: Jun 11, 2013 01:36:34 am
      It might be tricky to really make a massive impact on defense next season as there seems to be a lot of changes happening and a lot of uncertainties. 
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #162: Jun 11, 2013 06:54:57 pm
      Brendan has to get the winning habit, any win, clumsy,lucky will do ,just make Anfield a place where people expect a draw if they get really lucky ,and the norm is for us to expect 3 points
      mgeorge
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #163: Jun 13, 2013 02:04:23 am
      6th wouldn't be much of a problem because everton lost their manager. If we can achieve 5th with 4th in touching distance, it would convince his doubters i guess. But again, top 5 is very hard to break in.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #164: Jun 13, 2013 09:29:20 am
      It might be tricky to really make a massive impact on defense next season as there seems to be a lot of changes happening and a lot of uncertainties. 

He's already brought in a defender with the likelihood of another good defender coming in as well. As far as I'm concerned, that will be the vacant spec filled which Carragher has left. I'm not counting Skrtel as his form was shoddy when he did play and even then, he didn't play that much. If more work is done in training on defending set pieces - which I think is a must - then I don't see no reason why the defending can't improve this season.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #165: Jun 17, 2013 07:57:42 pm
      Never doubted him .. so I think it doesn't count ;)
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #166: Jun 18, 2013 09:28:29 pm
      Get someone in the squad that can head the ball.
      Set pieces were a downfall last season, and seeming as he tends to go for pacey strikers (which i have no objection with as awesome to watch), we need a tank of a CB and a DM with some physical presence to start attacking balls when they go in either box or we'll be shafted by set pieces again.

Edit: This is where Toure will show his worth.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #167: Jun 18, 2013 09:50:42 pm
      Brendan has to get the winning habit, any win, clumsy,lucky will do ,just make Anfield a place where people expect a draw if they get really lucky ,and the norm is for us to expect 3 points

Funny you should say that.

A man called Shankly said the same 50 years ago.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #168: Jun 19, 2013 10:18:28 am
       Whatever Brendan achieves or does not achieve will be down to himself in this new season.There can bo no credit or blame attached to Kenny Dalglish or anybody else for the playing squad.As has been mentioned in other posts there is no Europe so with not having that distraction there should be no problem  having to concentrate on the league and the 2 cups.As I will be 75 this year I can't afford to wait around for another 20 odd years to see MY LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB win the league  :kop5cf8koxp6: and once again be the top club in Europe.It's up to you Brendan,no fuckups just get out there and do it. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #169: Jun 19, 2013 11:08:40 am
      Champions League football would be nice,  it would give us the platform to take the next step on the ladder to mount a title challenge.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #170: Jun 19, 2013 11:22:19 am
      Everyone wants CL, and sadly these days you need it to keep consistency.

Rafa had consistent CL and got the team to 2nd.

As much as we all want it, we just don't have the firepower ATM to compete with the larger squads filled with talent.

So that's why we have to push, and maintain that push for 3rd place. 

A decent start can do that, and that's what BR has to do.

Europa League just doesn't cut it these days.

Footballers want to be on the main stage, they are egotistical sly little shits who want the world to recognise them...  If we get CL at the end of the coming season, watch all the talent come forward and say "I have always dreamed of playing for Liverpool"
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #171: Jun 19, 2013 01:43:26 pm
      I am very confident Brendan will deliver CL football for us for next season, last season was a finding out season in that it allowed Brendan to learn just exactly how this fantastic club of ours works, it also taught him exactly what is needed and which type of player would be required to take us up another rung of the ladder which will bridge the gap between us and those above us,

we had a wee incling in January that the type of player he wants and the level of quality they will bring, if only they were here from August, but no point in dwelling in the past is there, it's the here and now that matters most, so far so good as far as i'm concerned, the introduction of the lad Aspas & Kolo plus the rumoured in comings are very encouraging, with the announcement today of the fixtures for the coming season i'm starting to get that tingly feeling that the new campaign is iminent, i know its eight weeks away yet but it's better than 12, as usual tho the weeks will drag now that we know who our first oppo's are, bring it f***in on !!

IBWT    YNWA    JFT96
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #172: Jun 19, 2013 01:49:09 pm
      A great start would give all a boost and once & for all we can go through the season without being negative.

Me included.

Just do well Boss.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #173: Jun 19, 2013 02:50:02 pm
      we are so far away from being back to the top of the CL or challenging for the EPL its hard to see how we can make such a jump in one season.Losing Suarez and Jamie so far isn't the best way to start a new season.
      To replace those two will cost close to £40mil alone and we were already short of numbers and experience in the squad.
      Until the deals are done its hard to see how we can judge Brendan Sturridge seems a little injury prone so who is going to score all the goals??.
      #At this point it could go either way lets hope the investment comes and we can see how much Brendan has learned from his first season

Quick Reply