Trending Topics

The 'Important Moments in The History of Liverpool Football Club' Picture Thread

Read 15311 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The 'Important Moments in The History of Liverpool Football Club' Picture Thread
      Reply #23: Sep 02, 2009 12:06:07 am

Nando's arrival.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: The 'Important Moments in The History of Liverpool Football Club' Picture Th
      Reply #24: Sep 02, 2009 07:43:08 am
      Gerrard's header in "The Final" ;D This goal early in the half was vital. If it had come in the 80th minute i doubt we may have made the comeback we did.. but so early, it knocked Milan off course for a few minutes.. and we pounced. All from Stevie "Inspiration Personified" Gerrard and this magnificent header.

LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Re: The 'Important Moments in The History of Liverpool Football Club' Picture Thread
      Reply #25: Sep 02, 2009 11:16:29 am

You sure it's not the FA Vase trophy? ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #26: Sep 02, 2009 11:26:37 am
      Kenny Marina and Aldridge paying their respects at a funeral of one of the 96 brothers/sisters lost in the worst tragedy in English football history

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #27: Sep 02, 2009 07:28:48 pm
      Liverpool team from the 1963-64 season which won the first division for the first time under Bill Shankly. This triumph started the long period of domination at home and in Europe until 1990.

Back Row: (Left to Right) G. Milne, G. Byrne, T. Lawrence, R. Moran, W. Stevenson, R. Paisley (Trainer)

Front Row: (Left to Right) R. Bennett (Coach), I. Callaghan, R. Hunt, I. St.John, T. Williams, (President), R. Yeats, A. Arrowsmith, P. Thompson, W. Shankly (Manager)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #28: Sep 02, 2009 10:29:25 pm
      Steven Gerrard reacts to putting Liverpool 2-1 ahead against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Saturday 14th March 2009. It was to be a day of remarkable achievement for Liverpool, who eventually ran out winners by four goals to one. It was Manchester United's heaviest home defeat since losing 4-1 against QPR on New Year's Day 1992.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: The 'Important Moments in The History of Liverpool Football Club' Picture Th
      Reply #29: Sep 02, 2009 11:27:35 pm
      What an image.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Sep 03, 2009 12:12:56 am

Beautiful, one ill remember to my dying days. What a champ.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Sep 03, 2009 06:21:57 am
      He's just one of those players people from our era will remember for ever. He might not be the biggest name to play for the club (6 letters, in fact) but he'll be the man we all admire and appreciate.

Long live Sami!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #32: Sep 03, 2009 06:35:49 am
      Still miss him badly.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #33: Sep 03, 2009 06:45:09 am
      The most important piece of history IMO.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #34: Sep 03, 2009 06:55:18 am
      The most important piece of history IMO.

It buurrrnnnsss my eeeeeyyyyeeessss. F***ing S*n.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #35: Sep 03, 2009 07:00:33 am
      Nando's first goal for the club. Such a beautiful run by Nando, before he shrugs of Ben Haim and then slots the ball so intricately and perfectly past Petr Cech into the Chelsea goal. Sent the crowd into raptures, his celebration showed how much it meant to him, and gave us all a perfect glimpse of how much he was going to offer us. And how he has taken off since then ;) I'm sure alot of us remember where we watched this game, i certainly do! Will always remember it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: Sep 03, 2009 10:05:24 am
      15th May 2001 clinch glorious treble

Liverpool (3) 5 Alaves (1) 4

Liverpool win on Golden goal

This was the final that had everything: eight goals in a period of normal time that was anything but normal, two dismissals for a gallant Alaves side and, to crown a truly extraordinary evening, a golden goal conceded by Delfi Geli to give Liverpool their first European trophy since 1984.

footix2
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #37: Sep 03, 2009 10:46:48 am
      Sami look so young
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #38: Sep 03, 2009 11:57:19 am
      It has cheered me up looking at this thread because one thing I realise is that the Yanks cant sell our memories or our success.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #39: Sep 05, 2009 12:11:43 am

Kenny Dalglish lifts the FA Cup at Wembley after beating Everton 3-1 in the FA Cup Final. Liverpool had finally achieved the League and FA Cup double, for the first and only time in the club's illustrious history.

The first and only player manager to achieve such a feat.
      ERMIS REDS
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #40: Sep 05, 2009 03:18:15 am
      Steven Gerrard reacts to putting Liverpool 2-1 ahead against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Saturday 14th March 2009. It was to be a day of remarkable achievement for Liverpool, who eventually ran out winners by four goals to one. It was Manchester United's heaviest home defeat since losing 4-1 against QPR on New Year's Day 1992.

This is one of the most proudest and enjoyable day as a Liverpool supporter as on that day I was a commentator-guest on Cyprus tv during the live screaning of the match and I was pitched against Manure - gig whom I drove nearly to madness and deep despair. When I saw the dvd of the match later I was a bit embarassed to say the least with my last action when we scored the fourth goal which was directed towards that gig!!!!If I new how to post that video to this thread I would have done it but I have no clue how you clip and post ......
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #41: Sep 05, 2009 07:46:57 am
      Anyone forgot about this?

Gerrard's greatest hit that year IMO to pull us back at extra time. Just when the Hammers' and their fans thought they won it. Fantastic day I was out at my cousins' place they were singing like the Hammers because they didn't want Liverpool to win it. They're mancs. And we got it in extra time.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Sep 05, 2009 10:15:20 am
      Who can forget this image from Istanbul ?

The Fight Back Begins.... Awesome !!!! One of my best Liverpool memories.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #43: Sep 05, 2009 02:36:14 pm
      Who can forget this image from Istanbul ?

The Fight Back Begins.... Awesome !!!! One of my best Liverpool memories.

Think this was posted in the previous page, however what stands out for me from that goal was the belief Steven gave the team. His frantic arm waving, though at the moment some may think is in deep hope, but it proved inspiration for the fans and the other Reds.

It was his arm movement which showed how much he wanted it, how much are we willing to sacrifice to fight back and win it. That gave us the belief.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #44: Sep 05, 2009 02:44:25 pm

The worst thing that has happened to the club by a far mile.

From the moment they stepped in everything that came out of their mouth were full of lies. Spade in the ground in 60 days? 2 years and nothing has happened. Good transfer budget of about 20 million? Negative 14 million instead. Funded Liverpool FC like peanuts.

Give the owners the RED card.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #45: Apr 28, 2013 06:43:24 pm
      Boss thread and nice one to the guest who was reading it today as it brought it to my attention.

Could well be the last Cup we see Jamie Carragher, the all time Liverpool legend, with his hands on unless he is persuaded to stay on another year. Hope it's not our Captain's last though:

Hopefully a picture that will become iconic for all of the right reasons.

Brendan Rodgers surveys his new place of work, Liverpool's training ground at Melwood. Hopefully a place that he will work at for many years because if he does, then he has been a successful Liverpool manager:

I absolutely love this picture. I think I love it so much because I can relate to it so much. It triggers off so many memories and also tells a story.

A young fan in 1980's Liverpool, ball in hand, looks up at the Shankly Gates and dreams:

The most iconic player who will ever, ever play for this football club is welcomed to Anfield on 23 August 1977. If Liverpool Football Club had a face it would look like Kenny Dalglish.

The King has arrived people, salute your new Messiah:

Our other Messiah, basically just being Bill Shankly:

Recognise anyone?

Nelson Mandela puts on a red shirt in 1994:

A picture of Liverpool Manager Rafael Benitez is paraded during a march outside Anfield in a show of support for the manager against owners Hicks and Gillette's treatment of him:

John W Henry and Martin Broughton emerge victorious in ousting Tom Hicks and George Gillette from the hierarchy of the club back in 2010. A victory that would later be described as "An Epic Swindle" by Tom Hicks:

Sevens Up. Our greatest ever Number 7 unveils Luis Suarez as his new Number 7 back in January 2011:

The day the real truth came out. The day that the whole world stood up and finally listened.

The day that some closure was finally one step closer for the families of the 96 that have fought so hard for Justice.

Justice for The 96:

EDIT - Apologies for the different sizes on pics. Done my best, just not too great at re-sizing.

« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2013 07:02:48 pm by what-a-hit-son »

Quick Reply