Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Help Please

Read 2161 times
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 501 posts |
      Help Please
      Apr 09, 2007 06:18:37 am
      Me and my girlfriend are looking to buy a house we are going to view our first house on Thursday (I'm so exited) but we are first time buyers and don't know what to look for or what questions to ask any advice or tips would be very appreciated.
      Thanks.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Help Please
      Reply #1: Apr 09, 2007 07:54:49 am
      Me and my girlfriend are looking to buy a house we are going to view our first house on Thursday (I'm so exited) but we are first time buyers and don't know what to look for or what questions to ask any advice or tips would be very appreciated.
      Thanks.

Good question.  Prepare for a stressful time the pair of you.

Find out what fixtures and fittings they are leaving - often important - they could be leaving cookers etc which could save you a lot of money.  I know some people who moved in and the people had taken the light-bulbs too!

Ignore the decor.  Just think about the size of the rooms, shape etc.  Often if its really badly decorated then you can get it cheaper because most people are put off.

One of the most important things, that I didn't think about as a first time buyer, but luckily got away with was the direction the garden was facing.

The sun comes in to our garden about 12pm and in the summer stays till about 9pm.  Obviously the people on the other side of the road get pretty much naff all (I mean direct sun not hidden by the house).  Sun rises in the east - sets in the west.  Bear it in mind - for those all important BarBQ's!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Apr 09, 2007 09:16:29 am
      Good luck with your house search, and try not to get too carried away with the first one you see, look at lots. Try to find out what the neighbours are like, look at the house at different times of the day, morning - rush hour time, afternoon - is it quiet? Evening - are there lots of kids in the street, is there anywhere to park the car. Check things like - when was the bolier last serviced or is it new. How old is the house? check re-wiring, damp proof courses, floorboards, damp on walls etc, roof tiles, of course when you have a survey these things will show up.  Best of liverpool Luck with it all.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Apr 09, 2007 09:42:17 am
      The best advice i can give you after 5 house moves is check out the location at different times of the day, what might seem a lovely quiet area of a day may turn into the rowdiest, busiest road in the neighborhood after 8pm.  Check out for kids hanging round and if poss check out the neighbours, they may be the cause of your seller moving, you never know  ;)  Get a thorough survey done and as Jabba says, check out the position for the sun each day, nothing better than the sun in your back garden all day long, brekkie on the patio and barbies in the afternoon  ;) ;D  Good Luck and prepare yourself for a stressful time !!  Its worth it in the long run though  ;D     
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 501 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 10, 2007 06:05:05 am
      Thanks for the replys they are very much appreciated.
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 501 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 13, 2007 06:47:38 am
      Thanks for the links cy they are great.

Quick Reply