Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

David Silva (Valencia) in January Window ?

Read 7100 times
      RedLFCBlood
      David Silva (Valencia) in January Window ?
      Sep 13, 2009 11:38:33 am
      I know it's from talkaloadofbull.com but it states Rafa is monitoring his situation.

Report: Milan Set To Move For Valencia’s David Silva

David Silva is set to become the subject of transfer speculation once again.

Sep 11, 2009 5:29:17 AM

Valencia will have to brace themselves for another flurry of interest in their star players when the winter transfer market opens, with Milan already mooting a bid for David Silva.

The Rossoneri are desperate to revitalise their flagging squad and believe that the highly-rated Spaniard could be the player to add the spark to Leonardo's side.

Milan are said to be considering a €30 million offer for the 23-year-old, who interested both Barcelona and Real Madrid in the summer, but will face competition, The Daily Mail states.

Liverpool are said to be monitoring the situation and were only prevented from making their interest concrete due to the lack of finances available to manager Rafael Benitez.

Sir Alex Ferguson also sees Silva, who can play through the middle and down the left, as someone who could add a lot to his Manchester United team.

Valencia fended off interest for both Silva and David Villa throughout the summer, despite their financial problems, and will be prepared to hold out once again in January.

Lucas Brown, talkaloadofbull.com

niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Re: David Silva (Valencia) in January Window ?
      Reply #1: Sep 13, 2009 11:44:23 am
      But with the new standard Chatred bank deal we might be able to go for this .

A bit to early to start this isn't it RedlFCBlood ( don't worry I'm just a desperate as you to get him here ;D )
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Sep 13, 2009 11:45:52 am
      Just an article I found, so thought i'd put it up as it does have some connections to us and as you say it may be plausible.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Sep 13, 2009 11:49:43 am
      I've found teh original article from the mail it is as follows

AC Milan plan January raid for Liverpool and Manchester United target David Silva

Last updated at 6:05 PM on 10th September 2009

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1212537/AC-Milan-plan-January-raid-Liverpool-Manchester-United-target-David-Silva.html#ixzz0QyyD9fxX

AC Milan have been linked with a move for Manchester United and Liverpool target David Silva.

San Siro boss Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian president, is understood to be looking for investors to fund a January spending spree and has reportedly made Valencia midfielder Silva a prime target.

The Italians would be willing to pay about £25million for the Spain international, who can play on the wing or in a more central role.

The 23-year-old was considered by United this summer as a potential replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, while Liverpool boss Rafa Benitiez publicly admitted his interest but was angered by leaks involving the negotiations.

Silva also interested Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus in the summer, but cash-strapped Valencia managed to see off suitors with their high demands.

emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #4: Sep 13, 2009 12:03:04 pm
      i think a lot of liverpool fans need to let this one go.i know we have new sponsor but do you really think the yanks are going to give Rafa 25 million to spend on a player after they gave him 10 million or so in the summer?!come on people forget it.i may sound negative to everyone and i would love to see him with us but lets be realistic.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5: Sep 13, 2009 12:36:26 pm
      Should have known you'd find a way to keep talking about David Silva, RedBlood. ::)

Lucky you found that Daily Mail article, I was going to lock this maliciously! ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Sep 13, 2009 12:41:23 pm
      Lmao ya bugga.... :)

It's just interesting to see our link to him has not died even after the close of the transfer window and taking Pepe Reina's comments into consideration the other day about the lack of funds the Yanks made available this summer, David Silva represents the quality of player both he and Torres feel we should be signing to stay competative IMO.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Sep 13, 2009 12:46:19 pm
      If the Mancs get him, i will flip it.
      Redders
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #8: Sep 13, 2009 06:11:40 pm
      I think a lot of liverpool fans need to let this one go.I know we have new sponsor but do you really think the yanks are going to give Rafa 25 million to spend on a player after they gave him 10 million or so in the summer?!come on people forget it.I may sound negative to everyone and I would love to see him with us but lets be realistic.

I agree with you on this mate, I honestly can't see Rafa getting much of that money tbh. Look at the mancs, they got £80millio for Ronaldo and do you honestly think Ferguson had money and didn't have any players in mind to spend it on?? Bollox. I believe we're in the same boat as them. The money the Yanks get will go on the debt. That's why we need them out. Modern football eh? Clubs are now just playthings for the rich - but not rich enough in our case. Can you imagine Torres and David Silva and Gerrard together? Nothing would compare to that partnership. Fingers crossed I'm  just being pessemistic.
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2009 08:52:42 pm by Redders »
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #9: Sep 13, 2009 07:06:31 pm
      We can monitor the situation all we want, if we aint got the dough then he won't be coming here.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Sep 13, 2009 08:13:19 pm
      Bang on bigred, If we ain't got the dough he ain't going to show, It's purely down to the sceptic tanks to come up with the Dollars, Hence Pepe's mini rant, Maybe H&G will donate another 1.5M in January eh!.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Sep 13, 2009 08:15:45 pm
      Mancs don't stand a chance IMO. I also don't believe the part about us monitoring him because there is no quote, for all we it could have been Ronald McDonald who actually said we are monitoring him.

Also read very similar stories a lot over the summer but nothing happened except Rafa saying it's not true.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #12: Sep 13, 2009 10:20:05 pm
      Oh no, I thought this was OVER! :) What we gonna pay for him with? Chocolate buttons?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Sep 13, 2009 10:21:55 pm
      Oh no, I thought this was OVER! :) What we gonna pay for him with? Chocolate buttons?

Yep and we will pay his wages with hopes and dreams.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #14: Sep 13, 2009 10:22:17 pm
      And free Lucozade.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #15: Sep 13, 2009 10:44:03 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #16: Sep 13, 2009 10:46:29 pm

Followed by a large dose of reality!!
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: Sep 14, 2009 12:09:31 am
      If we start save up all our transfer money from now on. We could buy him in the january transfer window of 2019.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: Sep 14, 2009 12:11:40 am
      Will you all leave it out for fucks sake!

talkaloadofbull.com and the Daily Mirror.  FFS!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #19: Sep 14, 2009 01:42:43 am
      Here we go again!

Gow are the chocolate buttons you speak of at least sprinkled?
      villathebest
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #20: Sep 14, 2009 09:21:17 pm
      silva valencia he will not move for less than 50 million
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #21: Sep 14, 2009 09:31:07 pm
      Wouldn't be able to play in the CL if we did go in for him in January would he?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Sep 14, 2009 09:33:49 pm
      Wouldn't be able to play in the CL if we did go in for him in January would he?

Yep he's only played in the Europa league and i'm %100 sure the new rules mean he could be registered.

Quick Reply