Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

(UCL) Liverpool FC vs Debreceni VSC: Pre-Match Thread

Read 10454 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      (UCL) Liverpool FC vs Debreceni VSC: Pre-Match Thread
      Sep 13, 2009 08:58:47 pm

Wednesday 16th September
      Kick Off: 19:45 GMT

Debrecen finished 1st in the Hungarian league 2008-2009 and became the first Hungarian team in 12 years to qualify for the Champions League group stages after defeating Levski Sofia 4-1 on aggregate.

We start our campaign against them.

Can't wait! Going to get the goosebumps as always when that anthem is played and the game gets started. Let's start with a bang.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: (UCL) Liverpool FC vs Debreceni VSC: Pre-Match Thread
      Reply #1: Sep 13, 2009 09:01:48 pm
      You going Ross? Few of us going too. We meeting up before the game for a swift one?

I've got 4-0 for this in the Prediction League, but hope it's double that.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Sep 13, 2009 09:09:15 pm
      Unfortunately I'm not. I've never actually been to a Champions League game. Actually that's pretty bad - I need to go to one.

I'm hoping for a comfortable victory but I wouldn't be surprised if these went for a Stoke approach.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #3: Sep 13, 2009 09:10:16 pm
      I've got 3-0 for this one but unfortunately I can't make it (bit far away here in Spain)
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #4: Sep 13, 2009 10:01:50 pm
      This is the team we need to put 4 or 5 past if we wanna top cause lyon have bought well and we really can't afford to not top the group....
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #5: Sep 13, 2009 10:06:51 pm
      This is the team we need to put 4 or 5 past if we wanna top cause lyon have bought well and we really can't afford to not top the group....

Yes we can, the likes of Inter Milan, AC Milan, Atletico Madrid and Juventus can all finish second. Top of the group is hardly any advantage.

Back to the match, I can see a big win on Wednesday. The lads will be eager to kick off the group stages well.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #6: Sep 13, 2009 10:09:49 pm
      No topping the group is always a must.. But we will probable end up with Chelsea if the last few years are anything to go by...
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #7: Sep 13, 2009 11:14:34 pm
      Looking forward to this.  If we play like we did on Saturday we could hammer them.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #8: Sep 13, 2009 11:18:17 pm
      To be the best you've gotta beat the best so I don't think it's a must that we finish 1st. It's possible we could have a more tricky opponent by finishing 1st than second to be honest.

Obviously want to win everything though, so I'm hoping for a great start.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #9: Sep 13, 2009 11:39:35 pm
      Be good to get 3 away goals and no injuries ! any news when Aquilani can play  ?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #10: Sep 13, 2009 11:40:12 pm
      Be good to get 3 away goals and no injuries ! any news when Aquilani can play  ?

Not for another 3 or 4 weeks it's been said. You won't be seeing him playing in this match!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #11: Sep 14, 2009 01:20:51 am

I thought we were playing home first  :P
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #12: Sep 14, 2009 03:59:45 am
      We are Home first up. Thought I was going crazy for a second!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Sep 14, 2009 04:09:24 am
      Call me stupid but away goals don't mean much? It's results between teams, then goals scored, then goals conceded?

Anyway, 6 games being shown here and not one of them is this F***ing match. Bullshit. Anyway, i'll be on here with you lovely people then enjoying a 9-0 roasting.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Sep 14, 2009 08:08:32 am
      It's a good chance to get 3 points and have a great goal difference. We should try to wrap up qualification by game week 4 I guess.

Same team to start and if we are in the driving seat by the hour mark, Rafa can bring in the changes!
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #15: Sep 14, 2009 08:31:56 am
                        Ngog
      Babel        Gerrard        Kuyt
                  Masch Lucas
      Aurelio Krygiakos Carragher Degen

Maybe even benayoun on the right, and kuyt off. Or Gerrard pulled into midfield and Benayoun in his role, at the expense of probably Masch.
      Alright, we should always respect the opposition, but I think this is a good chance to give players like Ngog, Babel, Krygiakos, Aurelio, Degen a chance.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #16: Sep 14, 2009 10:10:37 am
      ^

I don't. What if this team 'does a Stoke' like I said earlier. N'gog and Babel will find it difficult.

I think Benayoun should get a start too after his performance in our last game.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #17: Sep 14, 2009 10:36:48 am
      Benny should start,he is on fire and has been for months now.He seem's to have unlimited energy and he is very underated,i thought he was a bit lightwate for games like Stoke/Burnley.But over time i have been proved wrong.One of Rafa's  best buys.It does make it easier to say that after he scores a hatrick but ive said it for a while.I think he is the key to unlocking these tricky sides.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #18: Sep 14, 2009 10:37:11 am
      Sorry JoeyLFC but I totally disagree.

Play our strongest team, if things go well during the game introduce the likes of Babel, Ngog then regardless of who the opponents are.

If it comes to the stage where we've qualified with games left then perhaps but cant leave torres etc out for 1st group game.

Hobesph
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #19: Sep 14, 2009 10:43:22 am
      I work with a nice hungarian bloke who supports this team so will be nice to beat them easily. 5-0 is my predo for this .

Could of been going as well but wanted 2 tickets but only got 1 membership :(
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #20: Sep 14, 2009 03:52:42 pm
      Totally agree, we should start with our strongest 11 and then make changes later if things go o.k. This team are a little bit of the unknown to us so therefore we have got to take it serious from the start. the last thing we want is to give them any hope they can steal something. Given the opportunity teams can be inspired by playing at anfield so we've got to do the business on them no matter what. Lets get this campaign up and running in style Redmen.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21: Sep 14, 2009 04:49:07 pm
      Although Debrecen are unknown to us we should treat them with the respect they deserve, There are no easy teams in the CL, We should beat them without to many worries if any, As like last season CL opposition will fear us more than we fear them, The more established sides especially will want to avoid us at all costs so therefore where we finish in the group stage is irrelevant, I predict that we will reach quarter finals at least and depending on who we play will determine if we can go all the way...Again, Barca i believe are favs but i reckon Chelski will take some beating IMO, they look really strong and are now experienced enough throughout their whole squad, With Ancellotti at the helm he can guide them all the way using his vast knowledge and winning mentality.....I'm going to stick my neck out now and say.....Last 4.....LFC, Barca, Real, Chelski, Bring it on!!

YNWA   IRWT
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #22: Sep 14, 2009 05:01:40 pm
      I want a big win and a great performance because on wednesday it's my 18th Birthday and a big liverpool win would be the perfect present

Quick Reply