Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Fergie unhappy with ref (Gonna charge him, FA?)

Read 1813 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Fergie unhappy with ref (Gonna charge him, FA?)
      Sep 13, 2009 10:00:15 am
      Fergie unhappy with ref

Sir Alex Ferguson described Andre Marriner's decision to send off Paul Scholes as 'terrible' following Manchester United's 3-1 victory over Tottenham.

Scholes was given his marching orders for a second bookable offence, a challenge on Tom Huddlestone, with the match still in the balance at 2-1 early in the 59th minute.

It could have proved to be a turning point and Ferguson believes Marriner dismissed Scholes purely on reputation.

"It was a terrible sending off, I think the referee got it wrong. I have looked at the video twice and I don't see any sending off," said Ferguson.

"The Tottenham player is the one who has committed the real foul. Scholesy was a foot above him.

"He's never touched him. He's been sent off because his name is Paul Scholes. That is why he was sent off. It was a ridiculous decision.

"It could have mattered. You are down to 10 men against Tottenham and only have a one-goal advantage. It's not easy."

United had fallen behind inside the first minute but they hit back in fine style and Ferguson was delighted with the performance.

"It was probably the best we have seen of us this season, given the fact that we were a goal down after one minute," he said.

"We had to gather our game and show composure."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5555768,00.html

Wonder if he's going to get in trouble for this. What a c**t seriously. It was a sending off aswell.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Fergie unhappy with ref (Gonna charge him, FA?)
      Reply #1: Sep 13, 2009 10:08:41 am
      Clearly a yellow, just so happened to be his second.

He'll get away with it, though. c**t.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Sep 13, 2009 10:43:08 am
      You can't understand the man can you, it was clearly a yellow card offence and as Scholes already had one to his name the Ref had no option other than to give Scholes his marching orders. Fergie must be the only manager that if he was playing pontoon, he'd twist on 21. I wouldn't care but he won the game so theres no need to twist really is there ?

Hope he gets charged and the Refs single united out for some harsh treatment over the course of the season as he's always on at them.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #3: Sep 13, 2009 10:47:23 am
      The FA won't do f**k all about it.

Ferguson won't be charged.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Sep 13, 2009 11:13:42 am
      He'll be fine.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #5: Sep 13, 2009 01:26:20 pm
      I watched the match, and it was a cracker with both teams having loads of chances in an open affair. I thought the sending off was harsh, because the second tackle was really non existant, with Scholes pulling out of. He slid into the player on the ground and there was incidental contact with Scholes putting his hand out to minimise the collision. The first tackle was a bad one, and in this day and age Scholes could have received a red card for that challenge alone.
      The referee did lose the plot on the second one, perhaps it was Paul Scholes reputation.  Well heres a newsflash
      Man Utd fans    Reputations will follow you wherever you go, and when you earn the reputation you deserve to be given extra scrutinisation.  Rooney is another one who loses it on the pitch and gets many yellow cards for his temper based on reputation, and deservedly so.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #6: Sep 13, 2009 10:29:28 pm
      I watched the match, and it was a cracker with both teams having loads of chances in an open affair. I thought the sending off was harsh, because the second tackle was really non existant, with Scholes pulling out of. He slid into the player on the ground and there was incidental contact with Scholes putting his hand out to minimise the collision. The first tackle was a bad one, and in this day and age Scholes could have received a red card for that challenge alone.
      The referee did lose the plot on the second one, perhaps it was Paul Scholes reputation.  Well heres a newsflash
      Man Utd fans    Reputations will follow you wherever you go, and when you earn the reputation you deserve to be given extra scrutinisation.  Rooney is another one who loses it on the pitch and gets many yellow cards for his temper based on reputation, and deservedly so.

Unless of course you play for Manchester United, in which case you are allowed to moan and bully officials and blame the opposition, safe in the knowledge David Gill will talk his FA buddies out of charging Slur Alex and any players.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #7: Sep 15, 2009 09:18:54 am
      Huyton Red, I was thinking along same lines, he's always got Gill to twist things around at the FA. Surely having Gill there is a conflict of interest, just like we had a phisio at the England games, thing is though Gills got many more ways of changing the way things work in MU's interests than any other club in the land.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #8: Sep 15, 2009 09:28:43 am
      Ferguson charged by FA? That'll be the day.

That man can say anything he wants to the officials and would get away with murder as well.

Paul Scholes' challenge was a yellow card offence and unfortunately for him(fortunately for us) , it was his second.
      I'm not surprised with Paul getting sent off, I remember he attempted a punch on Xabi Alonso before.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Sep 15, 2009 01:23:50 pm
      I've heard on the grape vine the F.A are taking this very seriously they are in future going to make sure that all Refs listen to everything that Fergie says and that it must be adhered to and they are going to deduct points from who ever are above United in the table come May, also Aurelio, Torres, Gerrard, Lucas & Dossena will be banned from any competitive match against them this forth coming campaign. Oh and I forgot Rafa is not allowed to explore his "Possibilities" :f_tongueincheek:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #10: Sep 15, 2009 01:25:26 pm
      ^^^^

Does feel like that at times, I must admit! :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Sep 15, 2009 01:26:25 pm
      Certainly does Ayrton mate :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,271 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Sep 15, 2009 03:59:21 pm
      Interesting this one.

If he is not charged, then Rafa can point to the FACT that Ferguson is treated different, like he said,
      If he is charged, then Rafa will be ex-honorated as Ferguson can do no wrong.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #13: Sep 15, 2009 06:44:10 pm
      Interesting this one.

If he is not charged, then Rafa can point to the FACT that Ferguson is treated different, like he said,
      If he is charged, then Rafa will be ex-honorated as Ferguson can do no wrong.

Another win-win for Rafa
      Come on FA - if you can double charge the muppet Adebayor, you can do it for fergie as well

Quick Reply