Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match today?

Yossi Benayoun
      30 (33.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      19 (21.1%)
      Albert Riera
      4 (4.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      25 (27.8%)
      Emiliano Insua
      3 (3.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      6 (6.7%)
      Ryan Babel
      3 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 89

(UCL) Liverpool FC 1 - 0 Debreceni VSC - Post Match Joyish

Read 17334 times
      redman147
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | -1 
      Re: (UCL) Liverpool FC 1 - 0 Debreceni VSC - Post Match Joyish
      Reply #92: Sep 17, 2009 11:58:04 am
      Win's a win. We will not play worse than that in Europe so better to do so against them.

I thought Babel looked lively when he came on. Actually made the right decision a few times too, with passes. Maybe he should get more of a run out as looking at the bench last night he's the only player who can sort of change things
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #93: Sep 17, 2009 02:13:47 pm
      Even when the team plays poorly, we create chances, but if we play like that against a quality team even the chances we made won't help us, luckily for us the Hungarians had no quality or a cutting edge. What we lacked last night was movement when we had the ball. I lost count the number of players waiting for a ball that would never come because hardly anyone was making themselves available, even when we had the ball we played a square pass when a forward one would have done just as well, it was like no-one wanted to make a mistake and in the end we made to many and gifted the ball back to them. I can't wait to have Aqulini available so we can push Stevie up front with Nando, we miss the pairing, Nando don't look himself on his own and the pair of them frighten any defence in Europe...
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #94: Sep 17, 2009 03:31:42 pm
      Have to disagree about Riera, thought he looked one of our better players last night.
      Really?! I can only remember one decent thing from him last night, and that was when he cut inside and lashed a shot that went just to the left of the keeper. The number of times he lost the ball really pissed me off. Also, he definitely should of done better with the chance when he was through on goal.
      REDDUB
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #95: Sep 17, 2009 06:24:11 pm
      It wasn't pretty. We gave away the ball to easily at times. It was one a Lucas's better games I thought that he played well. Yossi has been consistant. But the 3 points is important.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #96: Sep 17, 2009 06:32:21 pm
      Its the first chance ive had to comment on last nights showing, and everythings been covered. The 3 points is the only noticable positive imo, especially with Lyon sneaking the win too. There were far too many people who didnt turn up last night, and the more and more the game went on i thought were going to blow this here.. i was very uneasy in the end, even though as well i thought we would have sorted anything out if it had happened. I just thought wed got this sort of performance out of our game, you know , the 1-0 and biting your finger nails to the end, they say about there not being enough of a challenge, but you cant be like that and have to be proffesional and play to your maximum no matter who youre playing or you'll get caught one time. Its a good job Pepe was on his toes after Skirtels F**k up of a pass to one of their players.
      But as i say the 3 pts is the main thing , but weve got to cut these sloppy displays out. Nando looked well out of it , Stevie had a stinker,Riera looked like he was panicking whenever he got within sight of goal, and you could carry on through our most dependable players. Too many people were looking for somebody else to do the business  for me. Hopefully theyll get this out of their heads now and prepare for the next game at the weekend.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #97: Sep 17, 2009 07:21:14 pm
      Too many bad performances last night and i was getting anxious at the end and against any better opposition we would have been made to pay but it was a win in the end and i can not see us playing much worse than that again in the champions league this season
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #98: Sep 17, 2009 07:38:05 pm
      I usually go against this sort of statement but on this occasion - and having been in the Kop tonight myself - I agree.

Terribly frustrating show of football from the reds for large parts of the game. And there was a good bit of singing from the beginning but the groans and moans, which were justified more often than not, soon took over. And in any case, we all know that there's a problem with a lot of people raising their voices at Anfield if we're not playing an 'exclusive' fixture. So any of the usual spectators who can't be arsed singing at the match aren't gonna suddenly wake up and realise what they're there for when we resemble a team with no idea.

And I feel that's what we looked like for large parts of the game. It seemed to me that the final ball was usually turning into a pass of hope.

There was of course a few individual performances that deserve praise. Yossi looked up for it again and Lucas showed grit and determination to help the team win - or at least keep hold of the ball.

I don't know. I'll have to watch it again to reflect on it properly, but at the time, we didn't really click tonight.

But a win's a win no matter what the performance so that's something that's keeping me smiling.

I have never been in the KOP or to Anfield, ever. One day, I hope to make it and live out a sports dream, but for now I have no way to relate to the atmosphere. However, If I was able to go the matches, I would never want the Away stand to be louder than the KOP End. Its almost a disrespect that they brought an Away group that was 2x louder than the Liverpool fans. I watched it online and the Debrecini Away were LOUD for the whole match!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5014 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #99: Sep 17, 2009 09:01:29 pm
      Certainly not a performance to be proud of was it, Never the less its 3Pt's and we will never play as bad again this season, Maybe we were all expecting too much, Playing an unknown side making their CL debut, Would i be wrong in suggesting that our players played with the wrong mindset? Nothing seemed to come off especially in the final third, On another night we could have scored 3 or 4, It will be interesting to see who Rafa picks on Saturday for the Hammers game.

YNWA       IRWT.
      ahirl
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #100: Sep 17, 2009 11:11:56 pm
      I don't want to stray from speaking bout the match but did anyone have problems with not receiving their tickets in the post, had to queue for duplicate last night. tickets still haven't landed yet and quite a few others were queuing for reprints as well.
      smallgee
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #101: Sep 18, 2009 08:15:11 am
      I live in Budapest, and The Pool is The One of My Favourite Clubs since 1983. I'm happy about 3 Points , but about The Play of The Debrecen too.  I Counted it worse.

Regards to All Fans of The Pool!

Please, look My Grammar Faults over! THX :)

Quick Reply