Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Pre Match: Leeds v Liverpool (League Cup Rd 3)

Read 10299 times
      PhilV
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Re: Pre Match: Leeds v Liverpool (League Cup Rd 3)
      Reply #69: Sep 22, 2009 11:36:43 am
      I want to see Spearing play 90 and see if he will hack it in first team, also wouldn't mind couple goal for N'Gog and the Voronator get their confidence up so when they come of the bench in other matches they make some serious impact
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #70: Sep 22, 2009 01:48:30 pm
      Yeah , i agree with those who say this is gonna be a test. Forget the leagues the teams are in, Leeds are confident and have nothing to lose and that makes them dangerous. And all the more so if were not up for it. Id like to go all the way in this cup so id start with a few of our top players and take them off if alls going well. I havent seen the squad so i dont know whos available for tonight but as i say , i want to go all the way after all weve had some great days at the final of this competition , so why not? Come on redmen, whoevers playing, we dont want an embarrassing night in Yorkshire do we. ffs. :aaliverpoolwz0:
      PhilV
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #71: Sep 22, 2009 02:02:09 pm
      I hope Dani Pacheco makes an appearance, he's promising
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #72: Sep 22, 2009 02:02:46 pm
      Can I ask someone, probably not the right thread, how much longer are we expecting Aquilani to be out for?
      LUFC-InPeace
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #73: Sep 22, 2009 02:20:18 pm
      its their biggest fixture for years, since premiership days....

It really isn't.
      It's a big occasion, but I can name you loads and loads of ''bigger'' games we've had since the Premiership.

Glad you see that you guys seem to be taking notice of the dangers in our squad, and not just thinking...League One club, walk in the park.
      Because it shouldn't be. But I think you guys will still win.

I've gone for 3-1. But a good atmosphere and a Leeds goal to keep us happy and keep the game interesting.
      Should be a good night had by all.

TheFella
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts | -2 
      Reply #74: Sep 22, 2009 03:18:29 pm
      This is a big one for some of the fringe players here tonight. The likes of Babel and Degen have huge points to prove and a good performance from Ryan could see him getting a prolonged run in the first team. I' d also like to see Dani Pacheco play. Like everyone else, I think he has massive potential. But I also said that about Krisztian Németh before and he still hasn't made a competitive start. My team for tonight:

Cavalieri

Degen-----Kyrgiakos-----Ayala-----Aurelio

Babel-----Spearing-----Lucas------Riera

Voronin-----Eggnog/Pacheco
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #75: Sep 22, 2009 03:23:25 pm
      It really isn't.
      It's a big occasion, but I can name you loads and loads of ''bigger'' games we've had since the Premiership.

Glad you see that you guys seem to be taking notice of the dangers in our squad, and not just thinking...League One club, walk in the park.

I've gone for 3-1. But a good atmosphere and a Leeds goal to keep us happy and keep the game interesting.

I think it's going to be a very tight game myself with only one goal in it. I'll go for 1-2 to us. This will be no walk in the park make no mistake. I hope Rafa puts the likes of Benayoun, Babel and Riera in the team as we're going to need a bit of experience. I'd like to see Pacheco on the bench but I don't think we will. I've got a feeling Gerrard might start this one as well.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #76: Sep 22, 2009 03:28:18 pm
      I would like to see spearing play the 90, if he could speak spanish he might have had more 1st team opportunities, I just hope he can impress Rafa enough to get a run in the 1st team and show us what he can do.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,150 posts | 3385 
      Reply #77: Sep 22, 2009 04:28:09 pm
      It really isn't.

Obviously not being a Leeds fan I wouldn't know how many big games you have had since relegation from the Prem, probably the play-off final in the Championship a while back must be up there. (And any game with Millwall :laugh:) But the size of this match has to be up there. It is a massive game for both sides, possibly even more so for us because your realistic target will be promotion whereas we can realistically win this competition.

Is Grayson looking to rest of your boys for the weekend game or will it be a full strength Leeds side? I know it sounds silly that even League 1 clubs are resting players but as I've said promotion must surely be your aim much more than the League Cup, especially after the start you've made.
      LUFC-InPeace
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #78: Sep 22, 2009 04:40:52 pm
      Obviously not being a Leeds fan I wouldn't know how many big games you have had since relegation from the Prem, probably the play-off final in the Championship a while back must be up there. (And any game with Millwall :laugh:) But the size of this match has to be up there. It is a massive game for both sides, possibly even more so for us because your realistic target will be promotion whereas we can realistically win this competition.

Is Grayson looking to rest of your boys for the weekend game or will it be a full strength Leeds side? I know it sounds silly that even League 1 clubs are resting players but as I've said promotion must surely be your aim much more than the League Cup, especially after the start you've made.

Nah we'll have a full side out. Despite being full focused on promotion Grayson has said he will play his strongest side in every round. He was basically true to his word against Darlington and Watford with a couple of exceptions, but it will be a full team tonight.

With regards to big games, obviously the finals were huge game and occasions, this is a big occasion but not one Leeds fan over on Waccoe [Biggest Leeds Forum] put this game as being more important that our home game against Gillingham at the weekend. Any League game is more important than tonight, but it's a nice change and a big occasion with a full house which we've only achieved 5 or 6 times since going down.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,150 posts | 3385 
      Reply #79: Sep 22, 2009 04:52:50 pm
      Nah we'll have a full side out. Despite being full focused on promotion Grayson has said he will play his strongest side in every round. He was basically true to his word against Darlington and Watford with a couple of exceptions, but it will be a full team tonight.

With regards to big games, obviously the finals were huge game and occasions, this is a big occasion but not one Leeds fan over on Waccoe [Biggest Leeds Forum] put this game as being more important that our home game against Gillingham at the weekend. Any League game is more important than tonight, but it's a nice change and a big occasion with a full house which we've only achieved 5 or 6 times since going down.

I can understand why the Gillingham game would be more important for the Leeds fans. And I do hope to see the full strength Leeds side to give our lads a proper run out.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #80: Sep 22, 2009 05:21:16 pm
      Looking forward to kickin' back and watching this.

I'm going for a 4-2.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #81: Sep 22, 2009 05:25:14 pm
      I can seriously see us struggle.

Not confident at all but I'm still going for a 3-2 though.

Babel hat trick.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,150 posts | 3385 
      Reply #82: Sep 22, 2009 05:28:15 pm
      I can seriously see us struggle.

Not confident at all but I'm still going for a 3-2 though.

You had me going then, really thought you were serious.

Then realised you were taking the piss. ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #83: Sep 22, 2009 05:51:54 pm
      Any news yet on the squad travelling squad?
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts |
      Reply #84: Sep 22, 2009 06:13:33 pm
      loads of reds in the town centre today, I'm gonna have a lot of Leeds fans/mates to gloat at tomorrow. Come on the lads!!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #85: Sep 22, 2009 06:26:55 pm
      Should be a good game, always loved the games against this lot...if chelsea are a big club what does that make Leeds? If Chelsea were in that division they'd be getting around 15,000!!!

The atmosphere will be great as always up there and will be tricky for us, a good test for the youngsters not used to playing in front of big hostile crowds.

I'll be happy with any sort of victory as it appears a lot of first teamers will be rested
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #86: Sep 22, 2009 06:27:28 pm
      Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres and Carragher miss out on the trip to Leeds is what i had read.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #87: Sep 22, 2009 06:28:52 pm
      Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres and Carragher miss out on the trip to Leeds is what i had read.

I'm actually pleased about that.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #88: Sep 22, 2009 06:34:19 pm
      I haven't seen anything of the squad yet, but would have thought it a good policy to have Stevie and Nando and mabey Dirk on the bench just in case. Do we want to win it or not ?
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #89: Sep 22, 2009 06:41:09 pm
      http://www.livegoals.com/gamecenter/leeds-vs-liverpool-22-09-2009
      this page is alreay showing the line-ups. is it correct??
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #90: Sep 22, 2009 06:43:13 pm

First time i've seen the line-up leaked to a source other than lfc.tv first. Have to wait and see i suppose.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #91: Sep 22, 2009 06:46:05 pm
      What time's kick off? 7:45 or 8?

Quick Reply