Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Leeds 0 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Boogie

Read 16314 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Leeds 0 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Boogie
      Reply #69: Sep 23, 2009 12:09:42 am
      Ok once. For your goal.
      But even seconds after that we we're outsinging you with Marching On Together and I couldn't hear a thing from you lot.

I didn't hear anything from you from about 15 minutes after we scored.

Maybe I got a bit carried away saying you were sh*te but you definitely didn't outsing us all game.
      LUFC-InPeace
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #70: Sep 23, 2009 12:11:54 am
      LUFC-In Peace - sorry mate just watched on TV and I could definitely hear the away fans....ok the bulk of the 30k there were Leeds fans but the Reds gave you a run for money on the singing.
      We did enough to win.  Sorry but Leeds couldn't finish properly and we did - that's footy..we've had our share of heart-aches too!!!  :D

I've heard exactly the same thing from everyone I know that watched it on TV. I was there, take it from me, you support was poor tonight. I'm sorry to say. Once again Sky's Top 4 W*nkfest will have had the mics infront of your lot turned up to 11 so they could all hear YNWA instead of MOT. Our fans were magnificent tonight, aswell as our players, we're all really proud.

And sorry pal, you don't know the meaning of the word heartache.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #71: Sep 23, 2009 12:15:48 am
      To be honest I just don't think we played well, the likes of N'Gog should score more if they want to play in the premiership. Riera, Babel and Mascherano were there too; I just think that the only player who played better than his form is Degen. We should have won by 2 or 3 goals with such quality players on the pitch.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #72: Sep 23, 2009 12:16:48 am
      Well LUFC - In Peace we'll have to agree to disagree.  I know what I heard ...remember there were 30,000 of you and what 4,000 travelling support.  No shortage of YNWA or the Torres song ringing in my ear...so Hmmm
      You played v well but probably your first XI - the majority were fringe players who hadn't had 90mins together so forgive me for being pleased we came through it successfully!    ???
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #73: Sep 23, 2009 12:21:18 am
      Were lucky to win this game to be honest.

Thought Spearing done very well.

was their goal wrongly disallowed?
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #74: Sep 23, 2009 12:23:36 am

It was a very close call but I think (and it was generally agreed by the pundits) that it was the correct call!
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #75: Sep 23, 2009 12:26:27 am
      good

It was a very close call but I think (and it was generally agreed by the pundits) that it was the correct call!

good if it was the correct call.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #76: Sep 23, 2009 12:28:21 am
      Did Riera even use his right foot at least once?

Swear he was only using his left even when it would have been better to use his right. Noticed that when he kept giving the damn ball away.
      ahirl
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #77: Sep 23, 2009 12:29:01 am
      Degen had a solid enough performance, good to see attacking full back play but no chance of him ever dislodging glen johnson.
      LUFC-InPeace
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #78: Sep 23, 2009 12:30:36 am
      Should have been given. But you can see why the linesman didn't see it.
      He obviously thought Beckford got a touch from the header down which then went on to Becchio on the line and poked it in.

Footage clearly shows that Beckford didnt touch it but your keeper did and B+B were both level with your back line after the last touch. Difficult call but think he got it wrong. Was an honest mistake.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #79: Sep 23, 2009 12:30:56 am
      Oh Riera was poor tonight and proves why his inconsistency results in Rafa dropping him to the bench....he's a lazy player IMO!
      Y.N.W.AScouseJayY.N.W.A
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #80: Sep 23, 2009 12:38:25 am
      I was there,Joined in like,It was murder Kicking of on the car park.Everyone throwing bricks even traffic cones at there fans & cars,Leeds fans s*** them self's!!

Amazing night!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #81: Sep 23, 2009 12:51:25 am
      Did Riera even use his right foot at least once?

Swear he was only using his left even when it would have been better to use his right. Noticed that when he kept giving the damn ball away.

Spot on mate. He was doing my head in, so totally left footed when it would have been simpler to use his right.  :mad:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #82: Sep 23, 2009 01:06:32 am
      I've heard exactly the same thing from everyone I know that watched it on TV. I was there, take it from me, you support was poor tonight. I'm sorry to say. Once again Sky's Top 4 W*nkfest will have had the mics infront of your lot turned up to 11 so they could all hear YNWA instead of MOT. Our fans were magnificent tonight, aswell as our players, we're all really proud.

You're chatting sh*t there mate. Couldn't see any mic's in front of us, we were in the 4th row by our corner flag. And there was some decent banter going on with the stand to the right of us so you must have been sat on the opposite side.

You played well though. Really well in fact. Don't spoil it by lying about the atmosphere because it was pretty good.

I thought we had no ideas in the first half. Just looked a little aimless. Second half was a bit livelier.

All credit to Leeds though. They made it tough and we had to work for our win.
      LUFC-InPeace
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #83: Sep 23, 2009 01:21:20 am
      You're chatting sh*t there mate. Couldn't see any mic's in front of us, we were in the 4th row by our corner flag. And there was some decent banter going on with the stand to the right of us so you must have been sat on the opposite side.

You played well though. Really well in fact. Don't spoil it by lying about the atmosphere because it was pretty good.

I thought we had no ideas in the first half. Just looked a little aimless. Second half was a bit livelier.

All credit to Leeds though. They made it tough and we had to work for our win.

Obviously the acoustics don't translate from one side of the stadium to the other.
      Was right opposite so couldn't have been further away really.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #84: Sep 23, 2009 01:25:03 am
      Spot on mate. He was doing my head in, so totally left footed when it would have been simpler to use his right.  :mad:

Riera bugged the living daylights out of me last night. Coasted. This was a game I was expecting him to have a real influence in - not so much in the attacking threat but in a team sense. For large parts of the game it just looked like he couldn't be arsed. To be fair to him, it was only Leeds though eh....  :f_tongueincheek: Can you guess I don't like it when players aren't up for it when it's not a big game?

Ngog was boss I thought. He was on his todd up front and had to deal with a good bit of League 1 defending. But it didn't put him off and he was growing in confidence as the game went on. That's one hell of a good sign from a young striker. The way he took his goal was just pure class. Confidence in his own ability. He knew exactly what he wanted to do when Mascherano shinned a shot directly at him and he turned and finished it with class. It's never going to be that simple for him, but if he's called upon in the future, it's good to see these signs. I like his attitude.

Thought Spearing came alive in the second half. He made some very inch perfect passes. He didn't have a good first half though. He should have got involved a bit more there.

Same goes for Babel coming alive in the second half. But he should know better. Maybe we should get Mascherano to chin him in the first ten minutes?

Always impressed and excited by Aurelio's left foot. He also went missing through large parts of this game but if he's on the pitch, I reckon he brings something extra.

Degen didn't get injured!!! Yay!! To be fair to him, he did bring an option up down the right. And it was good to see him get in a bit of a battle. It's nice to see some fight in players.

All in all, I thought we were gonna be in for a tougher ride last night but we seemed to get a bit of a grip on the game as it went on. It's important our squad players know they have to start playing from the first whistle though. Teams wont miss chances like Leeds did.

But well done!

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #85: Sep 23, 2009 01:28:53 am
      Obviously the acoustics don't translate from one side of the stadium to the other.
      Was right opposite so couldn't have been further away really.

Obviously I'm very biased, but to be fair to the traveling reds, there was loads of noise constantly coming from us tonight. As always at away days.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #86: Sep 23, 2009 01:37:16 am
      Good goal. But should our main striker be out injured (God forbid), Ngog can not carry the burden of being the striker of the team.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #87: Sep 23, 2009 01:38:12 am
      Degen didn't get injured!!! Yay!! To be fair to him, he did bring an option up down the right. And it was good to see him get in a bit of a battle. It's nice to see some fight in players.

It was funny seeing Carragher having a pop at him when he went down 'injured' twice.

It wasn't far off from us and it just seemed like he was giving him the old 'sort it out you divvy' slap on the back. :D

Then when one of the Leeds players looked like he raked his studs across him, no-one took any notice. 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' as our kid put it.

When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!

;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #88: Sep 23, 2009 01:43:36 am
      When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!

;)

You could hear that LOUD!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #89: Sep 23, 2009 01:45:15 am

You were totally outsung by us lot tonight. Never heard you once.

Really? I could hear our away fans all the way from Australia. Thought they did a great job, as usual with our away crew.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #90: Sep 23, 2009 01:47:38 am

Class wasn't it?

Our fans had a quiet few minutes but other than that it was a cracking atmosphere.
      sourcherry
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #91: Sep 23, 2009 01:54:04 am
      Being totally honest there isn't much to be too chuffed with. If that's our second string, then F**k we're in trouble. The left hand side was a joke and I'm stating here and now that Dossena is the worst player ever to wear the Red shirt.

We were made to look average for a lot of the game and if Leeds took their chances we'd be out. Thankfully they didn't and we're through which ultimately is the most important thing. Wembley here we come.

Spearing was man of the match with ease. Head and shoulders above anybody else, best performance from any of our central midfielders this season including Stevie's against Burnley. Ngog worked his arse off and took his goal with sheer quality. Degen did well going forward but lacked a decent final ball, Babel would do something right then follow it up with something mind boggling. Other than that, nothing to be too positive about.

Plenty of negatives, but to keep it short I'll simply say Riera and Dossena. sh*t from start to finish.

I agree with mostly everything - especially the bold parts. I thought the team was inefficient, to say the least, and even though we're two steps ahead Leeds league wise, they might as well have been a premier team. Good game from them, poor from us, we're lucky we won, and I've got to say I was too relieved to see Stevie and Glen come on. It gave me a sense of safety that the reserves can't give me. Dossena was pure sh*te, and I've never liked Riera anyway, he keeps proving me right. Sprearing was good. I was surprised to see Carra in, he should rest.

Quick Reply