Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Leeds 0 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Boogie

Read 16186 times
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Re: Leeds 0 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Boogie
      Reply #92: Sep 23, 2009 02:03:37 am
      Finally back from Elland Road!!!it was an average performance to say the least,main thing is we got through!!! i think spearing and Ngog can talk some positives out of the game,however Dossens and Degan just lacked confidence,maybe this will come with more game time?
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #93: Sep 23, 2009 04:06:14 am
      Good goal. But should our main striker be out injured (God forbid), Ngog can not carry the burden of being the striker of the team.

I disagree. I think Ngog is a class act. With a bit more experience I think he could step in if he needed to. The boy definatly has natural talent as a striker, which you can see in his calmness. I've always wondered why rafa always played ngog in strike rather than babel, but after today I can see why. Generally when ngog has come on as a sub he has scored. Yes they may have been sitters, and the match may have already been won, but the fact is he scores goals in the 10-15 minutes he plays whereas other players failed to score at all.

While were on the topic of strikers, where the heck was voronin? I expected him to start but he should've at least made the bench? That completely baffled me. Also why rest kuyt and bring torres? If we need a better striker kuyt should be enough. No need to risk nando for no reason.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #94: Sep 23, 2009 04:33:08 am
      Finally back from Elland Road!!!it was an average performance to say the least,main thing is we got through!!! I think spearing and Ngog can talk some positives out of the game,however Dossens and Degan just lacked confidence,maybe this will come with more game time?
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #95: Sep 23, 2009 04:35:50 am
       i think it was an average performance a few positives a win and a clean sheet.lady luck played a big part. but a few bright spots degen,spearing ngog. the main thing we won again is that 5 wins in a row now
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #96: Sep 23, 2009 06:27:41 am
      Got to agree with the posts on Dossena,he is totally out of his depth,i can not believe we don't have good lads coming through the youth team that could have put in a better performance than he did,and Rafa should give one or two of them a chance instead of persisting with a player that clearly isn't good enough.

It looked a great atmosphere,and credit to Leeds they played well, and with a bit of luck could have had a goal or 2.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #97: Sep 23, 2009 07:32:54 am
      Spearing MOTM, for me. In the second half after he settled down he bossed the game, and played some sublime through balls and didn't misplace many passes at all. Inch perfect. Degen did well, I thought. Constantly a threat from the right. Riera and Dossena were poor, Aurelio went missing at times (but his delivery was stunning).

N'gog I thought was good. He was strong on the ball, used his pace to beat players but was isolated up there. None of the midfielders were pushing up in support. Very coolly finished goal as well.

I don't think we've heard the last of Mascherano's little incident.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #98: Sep 23, 2009 08:56:59 am
      Fantastic atmosphere.  Happy with the win as it gives continuity to our fringe players getting more playing time. Sad to hear the incident in the car park. Just took the gloss off what was an amazing atmosphere.  Great finish by N'GOG.  Well Done to the travelling fans, its not possible without you.  Hope we get Barnsley next, remember them knocking us out of cup tie.  So time for some payback.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #99: Sep 23, 2009 09:04:12 am
      They are not a bad side and thats always a tough place to go so decent win that. Other + being players who needed games getting one.

Spearing was our best player he was the one who opened Leeds up with his passing. Delighted for the lad.

N'Gog also impressed. Apart from a fine finish I thought he worked hard on his own up there and he should develop into a decent player for us

Final word for Degen. Got a bit of stick since he arrived but I thought he was ok last night especially getting forward 
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #100: Sep 23, 2009 09:16:56 am
      At the end of the day we got the win... which is the main thing. There were a few decent performances out there from Degen,Spearing, Sotis  and Carra was o.k too. But overall there was a lot of frustrating moments as well. Im still not convinced about Ngog, though he did take his chance superbly, but his overall play to me was sloppy, his touch was poor and apart from the goal his positioning was bad too.
      Again Dossena was all over the place and it convinces me more that hes not up to our standard. Riera whilst having a couple of chances in the first half was poor, but was better when he swapped sides swith Babel in the second half. Babel had a few good moments but poor crossing let him down but theres some hope there still i think.
      We rode our luck a couple of times but you expect that in a cup game at the likes of Leeds, theyre always going to have a go at you, but as the game went on there was only going to be one winner a d once the goal went in it was quite comfortable i thought.
      So well done to the lads, not the best  but were through and on to the next! :celebrate:
      jh
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      • a Red from the little red dot
      Reply #101: Sep 23, 2009 10:12:32 am
      didnt managed to catch the match, can some1 enlighten on the formation?

did fabio start middle of the field, with riera left babel right, and spearing advance role?
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #102: Sep 23, 2009 10:45:57 am
      Was my first away game and I tell you what the atmosphere shits on home games by a country mile

My thoughts on the game, felt we were quite lucky on more than one occasion. Their goal didn’t look offside from where I was looking although I have yet to see a replay, If leeds were a little more clinical infront of goal they could have got 2 or 3 I felt, we often looked quite sloppy I felt. We looked better for the last 20 minutes of the game, maybe should have had another but it was never going to be easy and we did well given the changes we had. I didn’t think Riera looked good out of position, I wasn’t impressed with Dossena and if im honest Ngog isnt a second striker to Torres. However credit to Babel, Spearing and Kyragios who I felt all played excellent

Dirty leeds fans were attacking liverpool coaches after the game but after I got through the jam on the motorway it was all happy days. On to Round four

Credit to the fans last night great atmosphere

paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #103: Sep 23, 2009 11:56:15 am
      Was my first away game and I tell you what the atmosphere shits on home games by a country mile

My thoughts on the game, felt we were quite lucky on more than one occasion. Their goal didn’t look offside from where I was looking although I have yet to see a replay, If leeds were a little more clinical infront of goal they could have got 2 or 3 I felt, we often looked quite sloppy I felt. We looked better for the last 20 minutes of the game, maybe should have had another but it was never going to be easy and we did well given the changes we had. I didn’t think Riera looked good out of position, I wasn’t impressed with Dossena and if im honest Ngog isnt a second striker to Torres. However credit to Babel, Spearing and Kyragios who I felt all played excellent

Dirty leeds fans were attacking liverpool coaches after the game but after I got through the jam on the motorway it was all happy days. On to Round four

Credit to the fans last night great atmosphere

The atmosphere is good at Leeds, but youre right the away support is always more vocal than ay Anfield, or does it just seem that way?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6969 
      Reply #104: Sep 23, 2009 11:58:00 am

No doubt about it. (Nearly) always is.  It shouldn't be that way either.  The Leeds fans played their part last night - but then it was probably like a European Cup Final for them after the last 5 years.

Anyway, not had chance to watch the game back on TV yet but I thought a lot of players did well considering the atmosphere.  Once again at corners we look ropey.  Carragher appears to have forgotten how to jump.  Kyrgiakos was the most solid in defending those.

Spearing was average I thought. Could have done more.

As for Degen.  What a F***ing waste of space. It looks like we were upsetting his normal Tuesday night routine by making him play a game of footie.  Even Carragher told him to get the F**k up at one point.

Dossena - also utterly sh*t. If that was an attempt at breaking back in to the first team he is sadly fu**ed. Not even sure he deserves a place on the bench when there are others to take his role.

Aurelio - didn't do a lot in his position. But good for fitness I suppose.

N'gog found it hard on his own, but took his goal well.  Nice one lad, you can happily tuck your cock in your sock today.

The only other thing I would say was I thought our substitutions were ropey.  We ended the game with no striker on the pitch.

IF Leeds had got a late equaliser and we had gone to extra time we may have regretted using all our subs and leaving Torres on the bench.  But we won, we're one step closer to Wembley and we can watch tonight's results with some comfort.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #105: Sep 23, 2009 12:49:36 pm
      Winning is the best habit and we are now starting to put a good run together which is the best way to improve confidence. A good result on Saturday will banish the negativity of those two early losses.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #106: Sep 23, 2009 12:57:52 pm
      About this crowd thing. My view on it is.....

Leeds were always going to be mad for it. Outside the top flight a few yeras now of course they'd be up for Europes top club side coming to their place. However watching on sky sports in my local last night, where a good few Leeds fans had gathered, most of the songs I could make out were Liverpool ones.

So well done travelling reds. For those who will be travelling to Anfield in the future to watch the reds take note of the Leeds fans. They werent whipping out cameras at every throw or corner they were ripping into our players trying to intimitade not make us feel at home
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #107: Sep 23, 2009 01:46:19 pm
      About this crowd thing. My view on it is.....

Leeds were always going to be mad for it. Outside the top flight a few yeras now of course they'd be up for Europes top club side coming to their place. However watching on sky sports in my local last night, where a good few Leeds fans had gathered, most of the songs I could make out were Liverpool ones.

So well done travelling reds. For those who will be travelling to Anfield in the future to watch the reds take note of the Leeds fans. They werent whipping out cameras at every throw or corner they were ripping into our players trying to intimitade not make us feel at home

Is anfield a home game or a game which is in liverpool? Theres a difference and sometime i cant work it out
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #108: Sep 23, 2009 02:17:58 pm
      Lets face facts here we were F***ing shocking. We were outplayed for most of the match by a young Leeds team who really should have scored 3 goals.
      Don't talk to me about this being our second team. There was enough first team players on the pitch to comfortably beat a league 1 team.
      If it wasn't for the fact that they were poxy in front of goal we'd be out of this competition.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #109: Sep 23, 2009 02:45:38 pm
      And sorry pal, you don't know the meaning of the word heartache.

Are you sure about that you cheeky woolyback c**t?

Try 1989 for heartache and I'm not talking about the Arsenal game.
      LUFC-InPeace
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #110: Sep 23, 2009 03:28:10 pm
      Are you sure about that you cheeky woolyback c**t?

Try 1989 for heartache and I'm not talking about the Arsenal game.

Obviously it was meant in the context of football for god's sake.
      We've had our fair share of ''heartache'' in the terms that you seem to mean aswell if you recall.

If you can look back at my post history, you will see that I originally signed up to this site after watching the Football Focus Hillsborough Special to express my sympathy and condolences to everyone who was affected by that event, so don't judge me without knowing anything about me.

In football terms, my point was that you have led a very charmed life compared to ourselves. You have no idea pal.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #111: Sep 23, 2009 04:27:52 pm
      Didn't manage to catch the game. Only saw the goal and it was a good goal.

Other than that, I've got pretty much nothing to comment except that I'm pleased that we have progressed to the next round. Oh yeah, and also I've got my prediction for the game right! :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #112: Sep 23, 2009 04:43:22 pm
      We've had our fair share of ''heartache'' in the terms that you seem to mean aswell if you recall.

If you can look back at my post history, you will see that I originally signed up to this site after watching the Football Focus Hillsborough Special to express my sympathy and condolences to everyone who was affected by that event, so don't judge me without knowing anything about me.

In football terms, my point was that you have led a very charmed life compared to ourselves. You have no idea pal.

But you know who to blame!

As for your support, yes it was alright, but seeing aas I didn't go last night, all that really came across on the telly from you lot was "Stand up if you hate Man U" and "Who the F**k are Man Utd" and there was me thinking Man U were playing Wolves tonight!!

Get over yourself though your not the only team to ever been relegated. 
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #113: Sep 23, 2009 04:45:17 pm

True, in football terms Leeds have had it bad.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #114: Sep 23, 2009 04:47:24 pm
      I hear the FA are looking into Mascherano's swing at the leeds player.

If he gets banned for the Chavski game we are fu**ed.

Quick Reply