Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

£20m Buying Cap Revealed

Read 9115 times
      TheFella
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts | -2 
      Re: £20m Buying Cap Revealed
      Reply #23: Sep 24, 2009 01:36:32 pm
      The difference being that Rafa has had to sell to buy while your mate Ferguson hasn't.

Wrong again, the overall net sped of Liverpool has been higher than that of Utd. Understand?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,461 posts | 2854 
      Reply #24: Sep 24, 2009 01:42:38 pm
      Wrong again, the overall net sped of Liverpool has been higher than that of Utd. Understand?

No you're wrong.

Ferguson said that too and the media and everyone else proved him wrong.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6973 
      Reply #25: Sep 24, 2009 01:51:44 pm

Thanks to Real throwing £80M at you for Ronaldo maybe.  Before Benitez arrived in England, United had already built up a far more expensive squad than Liverpool had with the likes of Rooney, Ferdinand and a whole host of players that have since been able to move on and boost the coffers at Old Trafford.

Liverpool had a relatively poor value squad which has needed to be built up.

But these facts remain.

Combining the summer of 2008, the January of 2009 and the summer of 2009 - three transfer windows - Liverpool have had a net spend of £7M on new players.

That is an absolute joke for a team that is looking to take the next step up. United are already at the top so their demand for new players, clearly, is not as needed as at our club.

I wonder how Hicks and Gillett could attempt to hamper Liverpool's progress even more - maybe next season they will cut the cost of buying football boots and send the players out in wellies?

Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #26: Sep 24, 2009 01:56:05 pm
      fella you should go on youtube or the guardian website if you really need to debate with rival fans.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #27: Sep 24, 2009 01:58:07 pm
      Thanks H&G! You both made us looks like a fool! 20 million buying cap? Utter garbage! A club like us but with a transfer cap? It's like having a Ferrari with a speed limiter. By doing this you both actually trying to made us look skint and a worthless club. Now thanks to you both, no big names would want to sign for us even if they wanted to. What  kind of players you're suggesting Rafa to sign with that stupid 20 million cap? A group of planks? If Aquilani alone cost us nearly 20 million, how about Aguero? You're letting us dying out there in the transfer market. Now everyone knows that Liverpool have two boneheads in the club.

Why did Moores and Parry sold us to you on the first place? It still lingering on my mind as how stupid they both were selling Liverpool to a bunch of knobheads rather than selling to a rich Arab. It's right as we'll never knows what the future holds but for now I can assume that we can put our heads up our a**es with you still at helm. You're putting our beloved club to a level rivaled by the likes of Fulham and Burnley in spending power. Big 4 my a**e with you still around. It's more like Big Doom!

You're saying we can compete with the likes of Chelsea or Mancs? Or our debt is less serious than both of them? F**kin' kidding me? Even if Chelsea did have more debt than us, at least it's coming from Roman's pocket not RBS! Why don't you just accept the fact that you both are w**kers! Nobody wants w**kers and still you're trying to say that we are not in deep financial woes. I can accept the fact we are not if we signed at least Villa or Aguero but by looking at the situation right now signing a Shawcross or an Arizmendi are the best bet we have. Not to mention we always lost in bidding wars with several top clubs just because you both jerks owed RBS.

Just get the f**k out from Liverpool and leave Rafa alone! Rafa is a world class tactician but with a budget of a Tony Pulis. How could you expect us to compete with that kind of money? Don't blame Rafa for the situation we had earlier this season. It's your a**e to blame because you're busy calculating the loan interest and all sort of debt you have to pay and yet pulling the plug from Rafa's transfer kitty. I was in shock when we could only get Sotis when I presumed the money from Alonso's sale should be enough to secure at least another striker if not world class let it be promising. But 1.5 million left? That's f**king disgrace not to say making us ate the humble pie. No disrespect for Sotis but a club with our stature at least we could get a certain Nesta or a Ramos.

We are proud of Liverpool but you make us a laughing stock! I just wish things were back in place when Liverpool is a people's club and not a corporate club. Back then eventhough we were not that financially great but at least there's no worry for any debts. Eventhough our players were not a world class type; Hamann, Smicer, Berger and Heskey but at least we have the cohesion and the determination to fight for the club and they gave us something to cheer about. But now, you took everything from us. We lost our pride and our dignity thanks to you clowns. Not even single day passed by without thinking what will happen to our beloved club. We even have to put a brave face and a joyous cheer everytime we play not to think what will happen to these players if we are to be financially outsourced.

Let this be a reminder for you both. We in Liverpool FC will never let this kind of thing happens to our club and we will not take anymore serious jeopardy for our club's future. You have caused us enough trouble already and don't try to make things even worse. Just pull the plug and get the hell out from here before it's too late or we staged any boycott.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6973 
      Reply #28: Sep 24, 2009 02:01:49 pm
      ^ That is an excellent post.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #29: Sep 24, 2009 02:06:52 pm

Agreed. Although more credit to Tony Pulis, a quality manager in my eyes.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Sep 24, 2009 02:09:22 pm
      Tony Pulis spent more than us in terms of net spending, actually. F***ing shocking but a tremendous post altogether mate. We feel your pain and annoyance.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #31: Sep 24, 2009 02:10:20 pm
      Sorry mate, got a bit carried away when i read about that crap 20 million budget cap.
      Agreed. Although more credit to Tony Pulis, a quality manager in my eyes.

Agree with that but if that 20 million cap why bother sticking to Rafa and just get Pulis instead. Rafa is a world class manager but with a Stoke budget, come on that's f**king disgrace.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #32: Sep 24, 2009 02:16:34 pm
      So basically we are screwed unless we are bought by some arab. I can see us in the next few years losing our top players and droping down the table. If it so bleeding obvious as to whats going on why isnt something done. There are Liverpool fans all over the world, millions of us who love the club. Is there any way of putting this right. Can us fans do something, dig into our own pockets maybe, instead of pissing and moaning about it.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #33: Sep 24, 2009 02:17:38 pm
      Rafa had nothing to work with when he came so the squad needed major surgery unlike purple nose who has been squad building for over twenty years , I think there is a major difference between the two of them .
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #34: Sep 24, 2009 02:20:19 pm
      So basically we are screwed unless we are bought by some arab. I can see us in the next few years losing our top players and droping down the table. If it so bleeding obvious as to whats going on why isnt something done. There are Liverpool fans all over the world, millions of us who love the club. Is there any way of putting this right. Can us fans do something, dig into our own pockets maybe, instead of pissing and moaning about it.

There is no knight in shining armor im afraid.

This will only be solved from within. Shareliverpool are trying hard to be taken seriously but to part with cash and not see ROI would be like buying a piece of the moon.
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2009 02:21:30 pm by crouchinho »
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #35: Sep 24, 2009 02:33:18 pm
      Well said macca8.  Great post!

A net spend of £7 million over three transfer windows for a club like ours is ludicrous.  How do they expect us to compete?  F***ing yanks, lining their pockets whilst destroying the greatest club in the world.

I wonder if they actually realise what the consequences of LFC not qualifying for CL next season or the season after.  The loss of revenue would F**k their financial forecasts right up.  No CL money, possibly no Europa League money, mid table anonimity...none of this would please the new sponsor either.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #36: Sep 24, 2009 02:39:41 pm
      Well said macca8.  Great post!

A net spend of £7 million over three transfer windows for a club like ours is ludicrous.  How do they expect us to compete?  F***ing yanks, lining their pockets whilst destroying the greatest club in the world.

I wonder if they actually realise what the consequences of LFC not qualifying for CL next season or the season after.  The loss of revenue would f**k their financial forecasts right up.  No CL money, possibly no Europa League money, mid table anonimity...none of this would please the new sponsor either.

given the value of the deal with Standard Chartered and prospective stadium naming, surely there is some qualifying criteria to say, no european football and we pull the plug.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #37: Sep 24, 2009 03:01:29 pm

Agree with that but if that 20 million cap why bother sticking to Rafa and just get Pulis instead. Rafa is a world class manager but with a Stoke budget, come on that's f**king disgrace.
      We might not have any say in the choice of manager - it's a horrifying thought to contemplate but it really looks as though somebody is intent on making Rafa walk, personally i'm keeping everything crossed and hoping it will not happen.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #38: Sep 24, 2009 03:05:36 pm
      What a f***in joke... is this really true? How the F**k are we meant to compete with £20m when that will just about get you a decent player these days? Im waiting to hear more from this as im seriously worried for our future with these cu*ts in charge. So what is it? has Rafa got to sell to buy? FFS. Theres no word on this anywhere else is there, so im waiting a bit before i believe this article. You know if this is true somebodys going to have to answer questions about it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #39: Sep 24, 2009 03:09:02 pm
      It shows there whole business plans revolve around qualifying for the champions league, well If they continue to handicap Rafa with micky mouse transfers budgets the only Europe we will see is in pre-season. Where is Purslow today to deny these claims. If they are still here by 2014 we are f'cked can't think of a better way to put it.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #40: Sep 24, 2009 03:10:58 pm
      I think i'm going to hang myself.

Yanks out!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #41: Sep 24, 2009 03:18:51 pm
      If they were to be here till 2014, the only cup we'll gonna see is only the League Cup...if that's possible. Crap management and crap financial controlling by them!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Sep 24, 2009 03:22:36 pm
      I saw there aim is to reduce the debt, ya sh'theads but at what cost, what is the point of having low debt if we are constantly finishing mid table or even worse.

By 2014 Gerrard will be 34, how much will we need to spend to replace him, think it will be a lot more than £20 million. Don't believe them about reducing the debt either.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #43: Sep 24, 2009 05:26:13 pm
      The documents in which JD has posted seem to suggest that the Yanks would be out in 2012, something along the lines of a '3 Year Exit Plan'.

If that is the case then why don't they leave now, rather than leave us in a financially deep sh*t position. It is infuriating to wake up everyday to see news like this that make our club look like a laughing stock in the papers. It saddens me that we have such incapable owners who can't even provide the basic necessities - transfer funds.

The StanChart sponsorship deal is a big coup, but isn't going to make much difference considering its only 5-6 million per year difference.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #44: Sep 24, 2009 05:33:44 pm
      So the Independent reported this today then?

If some people knew how to browse this forum correctly then they would have noticed that we published the offending documents on here 9 days ago which highlighted the £20M cap.
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=22764.0
      Fair play JD, apologies missed it the first time around
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #45: Sep 24, 2009 05:58:27 pm
      £20m to spend on players each year, but we have just signed a sponsorship deal worth..... £20m a year, so all the other sponsorships, TV money, EPL and CL money goes where?

Quick Reply