Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

England's 30 man provisional World Cup squad

Read 3916 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: England's 30 man provisional World Cup squad
      Reply #23: May 12, 2010 04:01:11 pm
      John Terry's been rushed to hospital from training with a suspected metatarsal injury putting his WC chances at risk.  They're waiting for scan results now.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #24: May 12, 2010 04:05:14 pm
      The infamous Metatarsal injury strikes the England team again.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: May 12, 2010 04:19:44 pm
      Yep it always seems to strike us at the wrong time.  Could mean Carra gets more game time though.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #26: May 12, 2010 04:45:17 pm
      Yeah apparently he has got a scan on his ankle tomorrow.

The only worry will be the damage to team moral if he's on the loose sniffing round his team mates women whilst they are playing. Perhaps Capello will have to have him sitting on the bench so the lads on the pitch can see where the slimy c**t is   :laugh:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #27: May 18, 2010 05:40:07 pm
      Gary Neville questions Fabio Capello's World Cup squad
      Gary Neville has questioned England manager Fabio Capello's decision to pick Liverpool's Glen Johnson as his sole right-back for the World Cup.

Johnson has established himself as England's first-choice right-back under Capello, but suffered an injury-interrupted second half of the season.

And Neville said: "I'm surprised there is only one right-back in the squad."

Neville also labelled attempts to lure Paul Scholes out of international retirement "a bit desperate".

Despite failing in his attempt to bring Scholes back into the England fold, Capello did persuade Liverpool's Jamie Carragher to return to the squad three years after his own international retirement.
      iss out.

"I wouldn't say I'm overly disappointed not to be named in the initial 30-man squad, although I did think there was maybe a chance I could get in," added Neville, who made 15 Premier League starts last season but failed to add to his 85 England caps.

"I'm probably more surprised Wes Brown isn't in the 30, to be honest."

Scholes, who retired from international football in 2004, appeared set for a return of his own before eventually rejecting Capello's overtures.

World Cup guide - England

And Neville admitted that courting Scholes made sense, even if it was unlikely to succeed.

"I'm not surprised Capello tried to get him out of retirement because if there's one player I would try to pull out of retirement it's Scholes," Neville said of his team-mate and fellow 35-year-old.

"Capello maybe got a bit desperate at the last minute and wanted Scholes because he's still probably the best midfielder in England, but Scholes decided to stick to his guns."

Meanwhile, Manchester City have confirmed that midfielder Gareth Barry has been sleeping in an oxygen tent in an attempt to speed up his recovery from an ankle injury.

Capello remains hopeful that Barry will be fit for England's second World Cup group game against Algeria on 18 June.

Before that the Italian is set to assess defenders Ledley King and Jamie Carragher in the sold-out friendly against Mexico at Wembley on 24 May.

Neither have played for England since the end of Steve McClaren's reign in 2007.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8689245.stm

Sour Grapes yer Ugly F**k
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #28: May 18, 2010 05:44:37 pm
      Gary Neville questions Fabio Capello's World Cup squad

"I'm not surprised Capello tried to get him out of retirement because if there's one player I would try to pull out of retirement it's Scholes," Neville said of his team-mate and fellow 35-year-old.

"Capello maybe got a bit desperate at the last minute and wanted Scholes because he's still probably the best midfielder in England, but Scholes decided to stick to his guns."

Sour Grapes yer Ugly F**k

What a humongous moron.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: May 18, 2010 05:54:42 pm
      Oh shut up Gary you c**t.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 2836 
      Reply #30: May 18, 2010 06:05:23 pm
      Once a c**t always a c**t as they say.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8621 
      Reply #31: May 19, 2010 01:16:41 am
      Why didn't he just come out and say "Fabio, why have you picked that scouse tw*t and not me?"

The way I read it, poor old Gary is jealous as F**k!!
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #32: May 19, 2010 02:28:33 pm
      Gary Neville is shiiite anyway he is just pissed he didnt get called up again

Quick Reply