Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Hull

Read 5875 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,501 posts | 2869 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Hull
      Reply #46: Sep 25, 2009 10:12:39 pm
      Won't be making this game now.

Might be at home to catch it on a stream though.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #47: Sep 25, 2009 10:34:13 pm
      Hull are poor atm, we are getting better, it all points to a comfortable home win so why do I have this nagging
      feeling that it won't go to plan???. think the team will be as against Burnley.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #48: Sep 25, 2009 11:49:24 pm
      BENITEZ: WINNING STREAK MUST CONTINUE

Louise Goulding 25 September 2009

Rafa Benitez today urged his players to continue their good run of form by taking three points from Hull City at Anfield on Saturday.

Liverpool are on a five-game winning streak and the Spaniard wants his team to keep the run going for as long as possible.

"It is important, especially in the Premier League, because you cannot lose too many games. For us it is important to win, if possible, every game," Benitez told his weekly press conference.

"I think at this moment with five wins in a row the mentality is really good.

"The strikers need confidence, the team needs confidence - so we are doing well.

"We are scoring goals and the players are going forward with energy and determination, and it is more difficult for the defenders to stop us.

"Sometimes people analyse things in a short time, but I think we have to wait and see how everything settles down, because it is too early.

"It is always the same - people say it is better to win one game than to draw two, but I think it is too early."

Ryan Babel is one man hoping to have made a claim for a starting place after his run out against Leeds United in midweek.

Benitez believes the Dutch winger knows what he has to do in order to become a regular.

"Ryan clearly wants to improve. He knows that he has been here for three years, he knows the people and defenders too, and he knows what the fans want.

"He is working very hard. He was very good in pre-season, so he started the game against Tottenham - because he was doing really well.

"After the game we needed to change something, but again he is ready and you can see he is a threat for the defenders."

Benitez also praised Fernando Torres, who scored two goals against West Ham last weekend.

"He is improving," said the gaffer. "I had to answer questions about his fitness - people were saying he is not fully fit, he is not ready, and one week later people are saying he is fantastic; he is on fire.

"I think everybody can see that he is improving and doing well and hopefully he can continue doing the same for us this weekend."

Glen Johnson has settled into life at Anfield very quickly and the Liverpool manager believes he can be a potent weapon in attack.

"Arbeloa was a very consistent full-back who was quite good at going forward and quite good at defending. I think Glen is very, very dangerous in attack," said the boss.

"We were trying to bring in someone who could also create something in the right direction and he is doing really well in attack for us.

"He goes forward more frequently than Arbeloa and also is very good at crossing and can score goals. He has already scored two goals and I think he is a very good addition in attack."

Meanwhile, Benitez was quick to support Hull's under-fire manager Phil Brown, whose side currently sit second bottom of the Premier League.

He added: "You always have to support other managers, because you know how difficult the job is.

"When you are winning everyone is on your side, when you are not winning it is always more difficult, but we will see what happens after this weekend.

"You know I always want to win, but after the game I will wish him all the best."

Benitez was also asked about his opinion on the idea of having an independent adjudicator in charge of time-keeping following last week's Manchester derby in which United scored beyond the allocated injury time.

He said: "I have spoken about using videos for disputes, so maybe if we could have someone controlling the time it would be easier for the referee to be focusing on the game."

Let's hope the lads keep the momentum going and get another win tomorrow, easy it might look, but there are no easy games in the Premiership.

I still feel that we're not firing on all cylinders yet, and that we 'haven't really got going this season' that's all good news if we are third in the table and still to hit our best form.

Would like to see a really good performance tomorrow with plenty of flowing football and lots of goals, don't want much do I? :lmao:
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #49: Sep 25, 2009 11:54:04 pm
      These are the kinds of games we should send out title warnings to our rivals, lets beat them big, with El Nino getting a few. If Torres does score it will do wonders for his season and ours!
      « Last Edit: Sep 25, 2009 11:56:13 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Put some capital letters in there ! »
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #50: Sep 26, 2009 01:39:48 am
      Owe these big time for last season

Reina

Johnno Carra Skrtel Insua

Lucas Masch

Kuyt   Stevie   Yossi

Nando

As always 3 points is all that really counts but I would like to our lads do what they done to Burnley and that is send all teams out of Anfield played off the park  

A noisy Anfield From 2:50 to around 4:55 would also be very welcome!  :f_tongueincheek:

I agree,not only we must get 3points but we have to get a convinsing win, like GERNS said we should not underestimate Hull, and yea a 4-0 victory will be great
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #51: Sep 26, 2009 03:19:02 am
      hull on the downswing, they have the most fouls in the league

I didn't know this. Dammit. Maybe we should leave out torres? Id rather we draw this match than lose torres. The guy already gets kicked around off the ball as it is. With a frustrated hull who are constantly loosing and will most likely get played off the park, one of their players might loose their marbles and go reckless.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #52: Sep 26, 2009 03:29:35 am
      I didn't know this. Dammit. Maybe we should leave out torres? Id rather we draw this match than lose torres. The guy already gets kicked around off the ball as it is. With a frustrated hull who are constantly loosing and will most likely get played off the park, one of their players might loose their marbles and go reckless.

No, Torres isn't going to be knackered by them so easily. The more he gets frustrated from the defenders kicking him the more Phil Brown has to fear Myhill's goal being ripped apart. 

Again, I would like to see us going for the kill. Last season, we started badly, lost footing on the game, regained control and despite having 1 hour to find the 3rd goal, we did not succeed. Therefore, the key to winning this is to make sure we are off and running at them from the start, take the game to them.

We can't afford a draw. Draws killed us last season, it effectively ended our title challenge. 3 points or nothing considering we have City, Arsenal, Mancs, Chavs to play in the next 9 games, this cannot be a place to slip up. 3 points on offer and we must grab them.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #53: Sep 26, 2009 07:18:28 am
      Just about to leave for the game have a good day all ,and a good journey to all who are travelling up ,hoping for a hatfull today ,see you all later.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #54: Sep 26, 2009 07:29:05 am
      Just about to leave for the game have a good day all ,and a good journey to all who are travelling up ,hoping for a hatfull today ,see you all later.

Have a F***ing top time mate, hope ya see a fire burning in the back of the Hull goal while ya there :D

Just got back to the US after 10 days in Australia, and looking forward to this one quite alot despite the jetlag. This game although on paper may look like a given, but thats what it was like last season to. IMO this game is another big test of the seriousness of our title challenge, being this is one of the teams that made up that big-ass banana skin that was unnecessary draws last season. 3 points are needed, and preferably a much improved performance in the defense as well. Goal difference is something we need to be conscious of as it could always come down to that. A comfy 3 or more nil with a couple from Nando on his way to his Golden Boot would be just dandy ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #55: Sep 26, 2009 08:45:57 am
      I can see them coming and camping in their own half, I'm going for a very hard fought 2-0 win with Benayoun and Torres getting on the score sheet.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #56: Sep 26, 2009 12:21:20 pm
      About to set off for Liverpool shortly.

Really looking forward to it.

Come on you Reds!
      Terry Macs Perm
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 97 posts |
      • 1977 - what a goal!
      Reply #57: Sep 26, 2009 12:28:06 pm
      V jealous of you lads going.

Important thing is to score one in the first half - if we do that I can see us winning by three or four. Never underestimate the oppo - Hull were robbed by the chavs - they seem to get up for games away against the big teams, and there's none bigger than us.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #58: Sep 26, 2009 12:33:53 pm
      Wish I was going with that tw*t Gillett making an appearance.  Would love to see the lads get at them from the start.  Blow them off the park.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,501 posts | 2869 
      Reply #59: Sep 26, 2009 12:45:14 pm
      4-0.

Torres, Gerrard, Lucas and Carra on the scoresheet.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #60: Sep 26, 2009 12:54:51 pm
      Any station showing this ( in Ireland)?
      Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Reply #61: Sep 26, 2009 01:07:25 pm

You're joking I hope :|
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #62: Sep 26, 2009 01:11:30 pm
      Any station showing this ( in Ireland)?
      No doesnt look like it Brian, it looks like its streams again so.

Edit- 5-0 for me today, Torres will continue his form.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Sep 26, 2009 01:15:35 pm
      We'll lose this 3-1. Carra and Gerrard to get sent off and Pepe Reina to give Phil Brown the biggest black eye of the 21st century.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #64: Sep 26, 2009 01:32:28 pm
      No doesnt look like it Brian, it looks like its streams again so.

Edit- 5-0 for me today, Torres will continue his form.

Still going to head down the pub get them to check the Turkish/Albanian satelitte station just to be sure
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #65: Sep 26, 2009 02:11:00 pm
      Team news is out.

Live Match Topic is here
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=23165.0

This topic now locked.

Quick Reply