Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

January Transfer Window

Read 2268 times
      wellboy
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 85 posts |
      January Transfer Window
      Sep 30, 2009 11:38:20 pm
      My first topic...so here goes.

Does anyone think that with the rumour of this Arab investment that the January window is going to be a very important one for us. I am basing this on the last few games that utd have played when they ....lets face it have been on the whole - RUBBISH. They have had to depend on disgraceful carry on from referees and in the last 2 games rely on a 35 year old bailing them out.

Make no bones about it, they will be on the hunt for a Villa, Silva or Ribery after Christmas. If we dont get any investment before then, with the lack of strength in depth we have at the moment, we cannot afford the likes of them to get more strength into their squad. I have said this for some time, while their squad is better, our team is better (if you know what I mean).

Last season, we had the best midfield in Europe, last night showed how average we can be in the middle.

Thoughts?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: January Transfer Window
      Reply #1: Oct 01, 2009 12:13:30 am

Why discuss possible ins and outs when the season hasn't long started and the last transfer window hasn't even been shut for a month.

Thats my thoughts....
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #2: Oct 01, 2009 07:48:44 pm
      you have to have money to spend in a transfer window we have none.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: Oct 01, 2009 08:10:01 pm
      It's only the 1st of October!!! Reasonable 1st post, (content) but what is the point as it will only be gossip and we want this or that.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,268 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Oct 01, 2009 09:03:22 pm
      The only way we will have any money is if the two Americans do one.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Oct 01, 2009 10:52:48 pm
      We will have f'ck all to spend in the January and if them two clowns are still here by the Summer, f'ck all again unless we sell Masch and then Rafa will be given half the money and we will be told the rest has gone on contracts.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #6: Oct 01, 2009 11:04:34 pm
      And by 'contracts' you mean Dick n Dicker's contracts ::)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #7: Oct 02, 2009 03:17:57 am
      Cant see there being any major transfer activity in Jan,maybe some youngsters?
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 02, 2009 03:19:21 am
      Remember last night we were missing Javier and Alberto is yet to play,i can see Gerrard going back into midfield Once Alberto is fit and ready to play..
      My first topic...so here goes.

Does anyone think that with the rumour of this Arab investment that the January window is going to be a very important one for us. I am basing this on the last few games that utd have played when they ....lets face it have been on the whole - RUBBISH. They have had to depend on disgraceful carry on from referees and in the last 2 games rely on a 35 year old bailing them out.

Make no bones about it, they will be on the hunt for a Villa, Silva or Ribery after Christmas. If we dont get any investment before then, with the lack of strength in depth we have at the moment, we cannot afford the likes of them to get more strength into their squad. I have said this for some time, while their squad is better, our team is better (if you know what I mean).

Last season, we had the best midfield in Europe, last night showed how average we can be in the middle.

Thoughts?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #9: Oct 02, 2009 04:13:39 am
      Two Points I want to make.

1. I think the Jan. Transfer window is a Far Off topic...Not for nothing but this team needs to start working on October 2nd Issues.  Their is a giant sh*t storm circling this team right now.  First the Ownership problems, Issues w/ the defense, Issues with set pieces, Issues with Rafa vs Hicks and Gillet,  Issue with player consistency and just some really bad play.  I think this team has too much weight on its shoulders and its pulling them down.

This game at Chelsea is going to lay the groundwork for the rest of the season.  If Liverpool dont Win or Draw at Chelsea, it could really fracture team morale and put them in a deep hole in the standing.

I know my post will piss off a lot of the Diehard LFC supporters, and I am problally going to get blasted by the dudes on the forum. But I am just trying to be realistic. I care about this team a lot. I live 3000 miles from Anfield. I have given up on American Sports because of Owners and Business. It makes me sick seeing all this now about LFC.   H&G will not spend a dime in January. Especially with the looming debt, backoffice deals w/ arab princes and anyother partnerships, conglomerites, Nascar tracks and youth academies and what ever sh*t spills out of H&G mouths.  They do not care about this team and they will spend as little amount of money as they can.  They no longer see LFC as a possible Investment and way to make money.  They see it as a giant sieve, losing their money. They make no profit. All they do is lose money because of the way they structured the buyout and used the banks for finance.

2.  My second point is more of a upbeat possibility.  I have had a chance to watch some mayches with David Villa.  He is The real deal and if he joins LFC could add a much needed spark to this team.   He is fast, agile great ball control, devastating power from that leg.  He kicks rocket fired balls.  He gets into the box, and in just a few seconds hes back of defense and marking up.  He is fast, great control of the match and offense, just the most well rounded player I have seen since the young Tores.  Just a fantastic player.  I pray we could get him onto the Anfield pitch.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #10: Oct 02, 2009 04:20:54 am
      Noticed both Villa and Silva have been playing pretty well and scoring goals this season. Hand out some money you tight ass yank cu*ts or you may find me coming around with a bat to beat it outta ya.
      For Mr Hicks ill use one of the Texas Rangers bats. Probably the most use it will have gotten for awhile.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #11: Oct 02, 2009 05:00:38 am
      Honestly the Texas Rangers have played fairly good this season.  Which is where the Villa and Silva money went.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #12: Oct 02, 2009 05:11:37 am
      Honestly the Texas Rangers have played fairly good this season.  Which is where the Villa and Silva money went.

Honestly haven't taken much notice apart from the Yankee's for awhile :D
      Either way, the summer period could be a vital one this year ESPECIALLY with Chelsea not able to deal, at the current moment anyways. A cash injection for Rafa just to buy some depth depending on how our squad is running at the time could prove vital in May.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #13: Oct 02, 2009 06:30:08 am
      Lets hold on to what we have, we haven't seen Aqulini play yet, we'll talk of Jan later.....
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #14: Oct 02, 2009 09:48:18 am
       I am surprised this thread has not been locked,surely December will be early enough to start discussing possible transfers in and out.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #15: Oct 02, 2009 09:58:51 am
      ^^^^

Good call, Billy.

The rumours of the takeover are far too speculative to count on a cash injection in January, and the players have only had a few matches to prove their worth. Aquilani hasn't even played yet, hard to evaluate the players at this point of the season.

Topic locked.

Quick Reply