Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

If you could go back in time

Read 10062 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      If you could go back in time
      Sep 26, 2009 10:23:57 pm
      What would be the first thing you would do?

Seriously, if you think long and hard about it, it's a really tough question.

In your lifetime or in general. Think about what would be more important to you.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: If you could go back in time
      Reply #1: Sep 26, 2009 10:26:57 pm
      Do you mean just in your lifetime or in general?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Sep 26, 2009 10:29:47 pm
      Entirely up to you.

(I edited my post for you)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Sep 26, 2009 10:32:44 pm
      Something I've thought about a lot recently was that I wish I put more effort into my football when I was younger and playing for a team. I remember it being more of a chore than anything and I wish I had the attitude that I do now, I would play with so much more confidence.

That's not exactly important though.

A bloody hard question, but a great one Kenny. I'm going to have to have a think!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Sep 26, 2009 10:34:35 pm
      Id go back to 1982 when me grandad died. Collapsed in front of me from a massive heart attack I was 3 thought he was playing a game so sat beside him if I had known id have called my aunty who was downstairs might have saved him. Who knows?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #5: Sep 26, 2009 10:40:26 pm
      It's an interesting question, you could say you would go back and change a disaster or make yourself rich but would you given the fact that if you change the past you change the future possibly for the worse?

Given the fact that I'd want to avoid that the first thing I'd do is go back to when Christ was supposedly alive to see for myself what happened the only information we have is the bible and it's supposed to be about 2000 years old I'd love to know what's true and what isn't.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Sep 26, 2009 10:51:54 pm
      Something I've thought about a lot recently was that I wish I put more effort into my football when I was younger and playing for a team. I remember it being more of a chore than anything and I wish I had the attitude that I do now, I would play with so much more confidence.

That's not exactly important though.

A bloody hard question, but a great one Kenny. I'm going to have to have a think!

Mate, the more you think about it, the tougher it gets.

I know exactly what you mean about playing football when you were younger though. I always used to be too critical of myself and it would stop me from being as good as I could be. I was my own worst enemy. I suppose it's just a case of a learning curve and not having the right people manage you in school and stuff?

Id go back to 1982 when me grandad died. Collapsed in front of me from a massive heart attack I was 3 thought he was playing a game so sat beside him if I had known id have called my aunty who was downstairs might have saved him. Who knows?

I can understand totally why you'd want to go back to there mate. It's ironic that you mention your granddad because that was one of the things that made me think of this thread. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

My granddad learned me how to ride a bike. I used to have a chopper (proper 80's kid me) and it was probably not the best bike to learn how to ride on. But, with my nan and granddad living next door, I used to knock on the door struggling to hold up this oversized monster of bike and say 'nan, is granddad coming out to play?'. No matter what he was doing, he'd stop and come out to learn me how to ride a bike. The day I finally got the hang of it and he didn't have to hold the bike anymore, he was the single most happiest man in the world. And he celebrated by taking the bike off me and riding it around his back garden.

I had never seen my granddad ride a bike before. And I'd never seen him so happy. That's certainly one time that springs to mind.

It's an interesting question, you could say you would go back and change a disaster or make yourself rich but would you given the fact that if you change the past you change the future possibly for the worse?

Given the fact that I'd want to avoid that the first thing I'd do is go back to when Christ was supposedly alive to see for myself what happened the only information we have is the bible and it's supposed to be about 2000 years old I'd love to know what's true and what isn't.

See what I mean about it being a tough one when you think about it?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #7: Sep 26, 2009 11:10:01 pm
      My granddad learned me how to ride a bike. I used to have a chopper (proper 80's kid me) and it was probably not the best bike to learn how to ride on. But, with my nan and granddad living next door

No way Ken my grandad lived next door as well me granny still does! Well next to me ma's like. Grandparents are boss
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #8: Sep 26, 2009 11:12:17 pm

I can understand totally why you'd want to go back to there mate. It's ironic that you mention your granddad because that was one of the things that made me think of this thread. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

My granddad learned me how to ride a bike. I used to have a chopper (proper 80's kid me) and it was probably not the best bike to learn how to ride on. But, with my nan and granddad living next door, I used to knock on the door struggling to hold up this oversized monster of bike and say 'nan, is granddad coming out to play?'. No matter what he was doing, he'd stop and come out to learn me how to ride a bike. The day I finally got the hang of it and he didn't have to hold the bike anymore, he was the single most happiest man in the world. And he celebrated by taking the bike off me and riding it around his back garden.

I had never seen my granddad ride a bike before. And I'd never seen him so happy. That's certainly one time that springs to mind.

Aww that story made me fell all 'fuzzy' (I can't think of a word more appropriate) inside. :) That's a lovely memory RK.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #9: Sep 26, 2009 11:28:34 pm
      Yeah, that is a lovely story kenny.  :) 

I'm thinking about the question though.  Tough one indeed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Sep 26, 2009 11:48:01 pm

Seriously, if you think long and hard about it, it's a really tough question.

Not for me it's not, for me it's the easiest question in the world and is something I think about a lot and can't see myself ever getting over it.

One of my step sisters unfortunately got cancer and she was only 11 at the time, I was about 8 or 9 at the time. She was unable to be cured and when it was getting near the end there was one specific day, 30th December and my dad rung me up the night before and asked if I wanted to go and see her the next morning but I was supposed to be going to the mainland with my mum and step dad to see a show and had a bit of time to spare in the morning because woke up earlier than needed too and my dad again rung and asked if I wanted to go and see her but I said "no, I'll come up tomorrow". Thing is tomorrow was too late because when we got back that evening my dad rung to tell me that he was coming to my house and he told me she had passed away.

I will always regret not even going there, even if it was just for a few minutes. So if anyone knows how to go back in time then please let me know!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #11: Sep 26, 2009 11:55:08 pm
      Not for me it's not, for me it's the easiest question in the world and is something I think about a lot and can't see myself ever getting over it.

One of my step sisters unfortunately got cancer and she was only 11 at the time, I was about 8 or 9 at the time. She was unable to be cured and when it was getting near the end there was one specific day, 30th December and my dad rung me up the night before and asked if I wanted to go and see her the next morning but I was supposed to be going to the mainland with my mum and step dad to see a show and had a bit of time to spare in the morning because woke up earlier than needed too and my dad again rung and asked if I wanted to go and see her but I said "no, I'll come up tomorrow". Thing is tomorrow was too late because when we got back that evening my dad rung to tell me that he was coming to my house and he told me she had passed away.

I will always regret not even going there, even if it was just for a few minutes. So if anyone knows how to go back in time then please let me know!

Aw Kenny how were you to know mate?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #12: Sep 27, 2009 12:10:35 am
      In me own lifetime I'd go back a few years and force me mam to send me to Shortfields, who knows I might have got an education there rather the school I did go to. Might also have been treated as a person in Shorties rather than a piece of dirt because I come from inner city Liverpool and don't allow meself to get brainwashed with religious nonsense.

In general I'd go back to the 70s just so I could see me family as a family and not as the evil bitter bas**rds they are now. So I could see me nana and granddad as people rather than just stories me dad tells me. I never knew me granddad and me nana (Dad's mam) passed away when I was two or three so I never knew either of them, but the stories I hear of them make me wanna know them. I'd liked to have known the people me Dad talks about when he's on about Nelly, Bridey, Brian an so on. Life was different then and it was about togetherness much more than it is today where it's all about number one.

Also in the 70s I'd of got to know me mam's Dad before he passed on in upsetting circumstances which I won't go into. I'd of known me other nana in a different light, maybe as somebody who was happy rather than the miserable arl cow she is now, something which me mam blames on the way she lost her husband. I'd of known Gan-Gan (my great grandmother) as a person rather than an arl deaf girl who couldn't really understand what was going on around her when I knew her before she, sadly, passed on not long ago. Still love her an miss her even if she didn't hear me, she was still one of the kindest women I've ever known and I'd loved to of known her when she could walk, talk and hear properly.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Sep 27, 2009 12:26:06 am
      Aw Kenny how were you to know mate?

Still one of them things that will always regret though because family were all saying for me to go even if its just for a bit.

Coming up to 10 years and the feeling hasn't eased in the slightest.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #14: Sep 27, 2009 12:42:11 am
      Top posts all of use. we all belong to a generation of respect. We all respecxt our upbringing,regardless of where we came from, we all have our own personal memories, but we are united in our tradegies which bind us together, even though we do'nt know each other.If I could go back in time, I would fight to save the lives of the 96 brothers who lost their lives. YNWA.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Sep 27, 2009 01:37:48 am
      Blimey I've got some tears rolling down my cheeks from this thread....heartbreaking stuff from some of you  :sadlook:

I'm not sure what I'd do if I could go back in time....have to have a think about that one  :-\
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Sep 27, 2009 02:02:48 am
      Aww that story made me fell all 'fuzzy' (I can't think of a word more appropriate) inside. :) That's a lovely memory RK.

You can't beat fuzziness, LP

Yeah, that is a lovely story kenny.  :) 

Thanks whyohwhy. I love that memory. I've got a pic of that memory, I'll have to post it, no?

7-KK-7 and Billy. It's so bizarre how I can relate to your thoughts. Seriously. Thanks for opening up lads. And Brian, that's uncanny!!

It's funny how regrets always come first in the queue when you think about going back in time isn't it? Good times are taken for granted.

I've got one time that is a contender for first place to go back to. Probably my most happiest time ever? I don't know. I'll think about it and then post again....
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #17: Sep 27, 2009 02:39:11 am
      I've got a pic of that memory, I'll have to post it, no?

Deffo post it kenny!  It should bring a bit of cheer to this thread.  You wouldn't want to change good times though, other than make them last a lot longer!

Here's my saddy:

I've been thinking about what I would change if I could.  On a personal note, 9/8/83 would never exist nor would lymphoma and maybe then my Dad would still be here today.

More globally, educate the south yorkshire police force in crowd control pre 15/4/89 so that blackest of days would never have happened.

Or if not that, change something to stop Heysel or Bradford disasters, or any similar, Munich included.

If only.

More recently and outside of football, prevent 9-11, or the Madrid or the London bombings.

I'd love to change all those, but there is one thing I think I would do over anything else and that is be the doctor who sterilised Hitlers mother...before she conceived.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #18: Sep 27, 2009 07:56:57 am
      Would love to go back to the days pre industry and just see the world in its natural light. A place like Los Angeles now is just a permanent smog haze of concrete and F***ing dickheads who don't know how to drive. I really would love to see a place like that before it was covered in concrete.
      Then i would love to go back and see bands like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones etc.. Would be fantastic.
      Knock off Hitler before he ever got into power, find Osama pre 9/11 etc, etc.
      On a personal note, maybe go back and do better in school. I spent way to much time partying and didn't balance myself well. But, im going back to college now and going to make amends :) And maybe save a bit more money to.. and just not date one of the girls i did :D
      And not go for the shot in Tennis that broke my ankle, been 2 years and its still fu**ed.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #19: Sep 27, 2009 10:47:19 am
      I suppose in relation to preventing something bad happening I'd go back 5 or 6 years to the days before my Nannas husband had a stroke, he was really active and healthy so it was a huge shock however looking back now you could really see the signs that he was going to have a stroke. I would've made sure the doctors wouldn't just fob him off and say it's just a bug and maybe he'd still be around today.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #20: Sep 27, 2009 11:24:30 am

if i could go back in time, i would.. ??? ..love to land in the medieval times in France (but come back after some 3 weeks back to our times!)  ::) ;D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #21: Sep 27, 2009 11:24:44 am
      Some very hard stories to read.

It is easy to be hard on oneself for mistakes or oversights we've made in the past. The guilt we feel is often overstated, especially for events that took place when we were children or teenagers. We look back on these memories with the experience of an adult, and shouldn't be so quick to judge ourselves.

That being said, I remember when I was a young teenager my grandma fell over one day when she was alone in her house, hitting her head on the sink and knocking her unconcious. Unfortunately, we had gone for a day out as a family, and she spent all day lying there before my mum found her in the evening.

She went into hospital but didn't regain conciousness. I remember my sister went to see her at the hospital to talk to her. I don't remember why I didn't go, I do remember thinking that she'd be fine, she was a very strong woman who had gone through some tough times during the second world war, I couldn't believe that she would die like that. I think I was also scared to death of the thought of seeing her lying there, and in the end refused to see her.

Anyway, as I'm sure you can imagine, one morning my mum came to see me with tears streaming down her face telling me my grandma had died. I hid under the covers in my bed and didn't cry, just felt a horrible shame run through my body. I didn't cry for a couple of days, and felt like I was some kind of freak, why wasn't I reacting? Then the third day we went to go through some of the stuff in her house, and when I went in she wasn't there (obviously!), and it hit me that she'd never come back, that she was dead, and I was struck by uncontrollable tears.

It's one of the hugest regrets in my life and I was very hard on myself for a long time afterward, and have always felt guilt not to have seen her in the hospital. With retrospect I think my fear of the hospital was just simple denial, that if I didn't go I wouldn't see her in the bed, and it'd mean she was fine.

If I could go back I would love to have the chance to say goodbye, and to have seen her one last time. RIP Gran, I loved you very much.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #22: Sep 27, 2009 11:32:50 am
      That are some really heart-wrenching experiences.. :( what has to happen, will happen. nobody can stop that..but yes, some experiences leave us with some kind of guilt or "what if i had.." thoughts..  :(
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #23: Sep 27, 2009 11:43:39 am
      Some sad stories here guys, but some lovely memories.

There's quite a few things I'd like to go back in time and change, the first would be losing my lovely grandma, she died from breast cancer back in 1971, my grandad followed her the following year, he had cancer of the liver but I'm sure he died of a broken heart. They both lived with us at the time, so it was very tough going.  Luckily, they have made progress in fighting this terrible disease and my mum has battled twice and won, she's been clear for about 28 years now. 

Secondly, I'd go back to 2000 when I lost my lovely fiance to brain cancer, the love of my life, don't know what I'd do by going back in time, but it would give me a bit more time with him. Still miss him loads xx

And lastly, I'd go back to Christmas last year, little did I know that it would be the last one with my Aunty Lou who passed away in August this year.  We miss and love her soooooo much.  A big chunk of my life has gone without my Aunty Lou who I adored.

RIP all of you, I'll love and miss all of you forever xxxx

Career wise, if I had my time all over again, I'd have trained to be a midwife, never had chance to have kids of my own, so would have loved that.

Bloody hell, I'm on a downer now  :-\

Cheer me up someone !!   

redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #24: Sep 27, 2009 11:55:45 am

There's quite a few things I'd like to go back in time and change, the first would be losing my lovely grandma, she died from breast cancer back in 1971, my grandad followed her the following year, he had cancer of the liver but I'm sure he died of a broken heart. They both lived with us at the time, so it was very tough going.  Luckily, they have made progress in fighting this terrible disease and my mum has battled twice and won, she's been clear for about 28 years now. 

Secondly, I'd go back to 2000 when I lost my lovely fiance to brain cancer, the love of my life, don't know what I'd do by going back in time, but it would give me a bit more time with him. Still miss him loads xx

And lastly, I'd go back to Christmas last year, little did I know that it would be the last one with my Aunty Lou who passed away in August this year.  We miss and love her soooooo much.  A big chunk of my life has gone without my Aunty Lou who I adored.

Career wise, if I had my time all over again, I'd have trained to be a midwife, never had chance to have kids of my own, so would have loved that.

Cheer me up someone !!   

That's very sad Smiggs, hearing all of it I'm also quite speechless and don't know how to cheer you up...  :-\ Sorry to hear all of that.

I supposed since it's all over you've got to move on in life, not to keep dwelling on the 'what ifs' but instead look forward to the future. But still, you'll always remember them like never before, your love will never fade for them and I think that's what matters the most :)

Cheer up, if you need any help everyone will be here for you  :-*
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Sep 27, 2009 12:08:56 pm

Cheer me up someone !!   

Sad stuff smiggs, so sorry. All here im sure are right behind ya :) And for a cheer up, there is a quality highlights reel of the Hull game on footytube.com ;)
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #26: Sep 27, 2009 12:33:45 pm
      Clear the savings account and bet liverpool to win at old toilet 4-1 and even the bricklayer to get the 4th.  Imagine the odds.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #27: Sep 27, 2009 02:02:35 pm
      Really tough question.

I'd go back and get some sort of contact detail of my childhood best friend. We grew up together because he was my neighbour and went to the same school as me and we just basically did everything together. But then he moved to a different country and we lost contact with each other and its been around 10 years since.

I'd love to know what he's like now and get back in touch with him. Hopefully I can still meet up with him in the future.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #28: Sep 27, 2009 03:35:22 pm
      In answer to Kenny's question about the happiest time of me life I'd probably go for when I was 7 or 8. Had all me childhood mates, school was a buzz, didn't have to worry about anything and was naive enough to not see people for what they are.

I didn't have mates doing drugs, being alcoholics, didn't have to worry about girls and breaking up with them cos they're going to Uni in London,

It was just so much easier and such a happier time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Sep 27, 2009 03:58:26 pm
      In my life:

Sports. Always been good at various sports but never great at one so i would love to go back and have a real shot at making one professionally.

In general:

George Bush :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Sep 27, 2009 06:40:02 pm
      Smiggs  :hug:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #31: Sep 27, 2009 07:15:38 pm

Thanks MsG, feeling better now  ;) :-*
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #32: Sep 27, 2009 07:50:44 pm
      This thread is so hard to read. The setbacks i've had are childsplay when I read through some of these posts. I guess i've been very lucky, and I admire anyone who has the courage to go through the kind of things here and come out fighting on the other side. I don't know what I'd do.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #33: Sep 27, 2009 09:50:36 pm
      I'd go back to thursday and pm JD for that Annie Road ticket.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #34: Sep 27, 2009 10:14:55 pm
      I'd go back to thursday and pm JD for that Annie Road ticket.

Was a decent seat, Nando's goals down that end were boss!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Sep 27, 2009 10:20:25 pm
      Was a decent seat, Nando's goals down that end were boss!

:lmao:

Smiggs, only just seen your post. Big hugs hun!  :hug:
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #36: Sep 27, 2009 10:46:32 pm
      This has been quite a hard thread to read. I have really been touched by some of your stories. There is a  :hug: coming straight to Smiggs from Belfast.

In many ways i have been a very lucky person. You really notice this when you hear some of the stories from everyone in this thread. I have always grown up with the mentality of "have no regrets". When i really think of it, i have been extremely lucky in my short life. I suppose my only regret would maybe be that, this summer, i didn't go to hospital earlier when it turned out i had a pelvic abssess. In saying that, i had no way of being able to tell i was going to be sick, it just came on so quickly.

In terms of going back in time, i would have love to have seen the likes of Dalglish and Rush play. I also wish i was able to go back in time to our last title wining season. As i was born in the summer of 1991, i have yet to see Liverpool pick up a league title and i almost feel that i have been a curse to the Reds.

But, none of my wishes compares to some of the touching wishes of some on here....
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #37: Sep 28, 2009 12:48:58 am
      Emotional thread and a difficult question.

Sad Times.

Like Smiggs my dad's parents died of cancer within a year when I was only 5 and 6. I never got to know them.

On 23/12/00 my mam's dad choked on his own vommit, I wish I could have helped him.

On 16/04/06 I should have told my then best friend how I felt. She ended up taking someone else to her debs. I know we would've  been good together. I know because in Aug 06 (when she got her exam results) , in the middle of a shopping centre I ran over to congratulate her and hugged her and for the few seconds I lost all track of reality.It was too late she was with someone else. She was THE ONE.

This regret I feel I use to think positive and take every chance I get.

Happy Times

Istanbul 05 ,Gerrard Final 06 & watching Liverpool play.

I captained my 5 a side team to victory.

Passing my Theory Test.

The look of delight ; when I gave my brother money so he could finish his College course,
                                     when I gave my oldest sister money to get a car
                                     when I got a new kitchen for my parents

Most of all  the buzz of my 13 year old sister knowing she's going to see Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana this December.

RIP

YNWA
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #38: Sep 28, 2009 01:25:53 am
      Emotional thread and a difficult question.

Sad Times.

Like Smiggs my dad's parents died of cancer within a year when I was only 5 and 6. I never got to know them.

On 23/12/00 my mam's dad choked on his own vommit, I wish I could have helped him.

On 16/04/06 I should have told my then best friend how I felt. She ended up taking someone else to her debs. I know we would've  been good together. I know because in Aug 06 (when she got her exam results) , in the middle of a shopping centre I ran over to congratulate her and hugged her and for the few seconds I lost all track of reality.It was too late she was with someone else. She was THE ONE.

This regret I feel I use to think positive and take every chance I get.

Happy Times

Istanbul 05 ,Gerrard Final 06 & watching Liverpool play.

I captained my 5 a side team to victory.

Passing my Theory Test.

The look of delight ; when I gave my brother money so he could finish his College course,
                                     when I gave my oldest sister money to get a car
                                     when I got a new kitchen for my parents

Most of all  the buzz of my 13 year old sister knowing she's going to see Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana this December.

RIP

YNWA
      aw1 you are a top bloke, well in and a privelage to talk to you.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Sep 28, 2009 08:47:19 pm
      I would probably go back to when my mother had breast cancer, I was around 10 or 11 if I'm not mistaken. Thankfully she is alive and I feel so lucky every day for that but I wish I had supported her much more. By the time I didn't know a thing about cancer, and I couldn't understand why people kept telling me to look for my mom, all I could think was "she is just sick but she will get better". I feel stupid when I remember that, but in my head cancer and a disease like flu were all the same... I was 100% sure she would be okay in a few days.

When my mom was in the hospital, my aunt went to my house to look after me and my brother and I remember how much I enjoyed those days. I didn't go to visit her in the hospital (cause my family thought it would be better for me) and I only realized how serious it was when she lost her hair. She was already getting better then, but in the most difficult moments of her life (years later she told me she thought she was going to die), I never bothered supporting her and it hurts me cause I know it hurted her.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #40: Sep 28, 2009 09:50:10 pm
      I would probably go back to 1940 and live through the war. It was such a pivotal time in our history and really set the standards for our society today. The War gave us computers, jets,rockets,medical breakthroughs, nuclear fission and energy, radar.

That generation, American and British saved the world from evil.I truly believe that. I couldn't Imagine a world ruled by the Nazis and Third Reich. I have studied the War for years and researched the Nazis for a book, I was hoping to publish. Not finished, yet. Missing some "Key" Information.

As Churchill said..."Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

A bit off topic but, Its amazing how many different people, from different countries have had an Issue w/ Cancer.  My Father was diagnosed w/ Colon Cancer 3 years ago. The Colon needed to be removed and luckily, they caught it in time and it didn't spread.

I live in Atlanta and it has one of the top Cancer hospitals in the U.S and they have a doctor who is using this radical technology where he can put a minor 1/4" incision and use tiny robotic arms which can cut and remove the colon through the tiny incision. He is 100% Cancer free right now and I really am thankful for that and the technology. 10 years ago he would of had chemotherapy and months of procedures.  I really feel for those who have lost loved ones to Cancer and I can only give my sincerest apologies to you.

Aidan Denny
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      Reply #41: Sep 28, 2009 10:02:50 pm

Cheer me up someone !!   

Smiggs, Like you I have lost loved ones, my mam and dad both died within six months of each other and I absolutely adored them, still do......... but for what it is worth luv, and personally I get great comfort from this......... as long as I remember them, in my head and in my heart, then they have not really gone, they are still with me to this day....... hope this can give you a little comfort love, works for me.  ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #42: Sep 28, 2009 11:37:26 pm
      I would probably go back to 1940 and live through the war. It was such a pivotal time in our history and really set the standards for our society today. The War gave us computers, jets,rockets,medical breakthroughs, nuclear fission and energy, radar.

F***ing hell, even given the chance to go back in time the Yanks still enter the war late :laugh:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #43: Sep 28, 2009 11:49:55 pm
      F***ing hell, even given the chance to go back in time the Yanks still enter the war late :laugh:

:lmao: Yeah September 3rd 1939 is when you want to back to i think ;)
      Great idea though, and would love to read that book to mate. I myself have quite an interest in the war and all that jazz, such a pivotal period in the history of the world.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #44: Sep 29, 2009 05:15:25 am
      Well thats not entirely true.. Officially we were still neutral and had adopted an "Isolationist" stance...We didn't offically declare war until Dec 8th 1941.

However, Their was a large contingent of American Pilots, On loan, flying with the RAF during the Blitz, and the "Flying Tigers" were an all volunteer Air Group, fighting the Japs over China.  Not to mention we supplied a lot of materials to the British. and we were also engaged in anti U-Boat patrols in the Atlantic and a lot of American Naval ships were involved in U-Boat "Hunting" operations. 

I agree. I think we should of declared war on Germany after the BEF was pounded at Dunkirk.  At that time the Wehrmacht were just massive, well armed, well equipped and completely competent and battle tested. The German Prussian officer corps was the best in the world. The Wehrmacht and Waffen SS were the best trained troops in the world at that time.  The Wehrmacht were equipped with the finest tanks, artillery (88mm) Gun. Their tactics in Poland, France and the Low Countries were just perfect, text book operations. Employing Blitzkrieg tactics, based on Heinz Guderians revolutionary book on armor and Infantry tactics, which was "New" and the Pincer movement and encirclements of large pockets of enemy forces, had the German Army, enjoying unprecedent successes and what was to be a quick and overwhelming victory. From 1939-1941 the German Army and various Waffen SS units were unstoppable.  Then came Barbarossa, the winter war in Russia, the collapse of 6th Army and the loss of 250,000 crack battle hardened, first line soldiers and officers. Which sealed the fate of Germany and burst the aura of Invincibility.

I always believed If we got into the war earlier, then the BEF would not of been pushed off at Dunkirk.  At the time of Pearl Harbor we were the 17th ranked Military in the world. We had no men or supplies pre 1940.  The plus for the Allies was the US ability to coordinate a massive Industrial program. At the peak of production we were rolling out B-24 Bombers ,P-38's and Sherman Tanks at 1 every 3 minutes or something like that.  Hitler was furious that the Japs brought us into the War. He knew that our Industrial capabilities were 10 times the German Industrial capabilities and America could fight to 20 years if needed.  Hitler actually believed that the war would be over in late 43-early 43' with total control of Europe, the Low Countries and Russia...He was a delusional, sociopath, lunatic with Parkinsons disease and
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #45: Sep 29, 2009 05:30:37 am
      Ah no, i knew America only entered then. I thought you would like to see the whole war though :D

Hitler was a F***ing maniac though wasn't he. I have just recently started reading a book on D-Day by the guy who wrote Band of Brothers and that has got alot of interesting information about how Hitler thought everything would go down, and he basically just wouldn't take no for an answer it seemed, which was his downfall. If he could have just strategized his operations better rather than all out attack when he obviously didn't have the resources, nor the knowledge of some of the grounds he was fighting on (the offensive against the USSR, huge mistake in not preparing for the harsh winters)
      Although he was smart in ways, like not wanting the US in the war, he was a crazy fu**ed up man and like i said in mine, if i could go back in time id knock him off before he could start what he did.
      I do remember a quote from a german soldier which highlights the industrial power of the US, was something like this, "We were sitting in our position, firing our 88 at every Sherman that came over the rise, blowing them up one by one. But yet they kept coming, one after the other as we fired on them. But we only had so much ammunition, and once it ran out, the Shermans over-ran us"
      Shows that sheer numbers does play a major part in some conflicts!

Really wanna see this book Yank! :D
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #46: Sep 29, 2009 05:37:06 pm
      Ah no, I knew America only entered then. I thought you would like to see the whole war though :D

Hitler was a f**king maniac though wasn't he. I have just recently started reading a book on D-Day by the guy who wrote Band of Brothers and that has got alot of interesting information about how Hitler thought everything would go down, and he basically just wouldn't take no for an answer it seemed, which was his downfall. If he could have just strategized his operations better rather than all out attack when he obviously didn't have the resources, nor the knowledge of some of the grounds he was fighting on (the offensive against the USSR, huge mistake in not preparing for the harsh winters)
      Although he was smart in ways, like not wanting the US in the war, he was a crazy fu**ed up man and like I said in mine, if I could go back in time id knock him off before he could start what he did.
      I do remember a quote from a german soldier which highlights the industrial power of the US, was something like this, "We were sitting in our position, firing our 88 at every Sherman that came over the rise, blowing them up one by one. But yet they kept coming, one after the other as we fired on them. But we only had so much ammunition, and once it ran out, the Shermans over-ran us"
      Shows that sheer numbers does play a major part in some conflicts!

Really wanna see this book Yank! :D
      Yeah, Stephen Ambrose was an expert Historian. His books are so good and detailed. He actually has about a dozen books or so. Unfortunately, he died a little while back.  Its a shame he was such a good writer and Historian.

The beginning of the war was a disaster for the US. The first fighting of US forces was in Africa not the Pacific.  Rommel almost wiped us out. We had no concepts of Tank warfare or how to coordinate our armor and air power.  At Kasserine Pass Rommel just destroyed the US division and pushed them back over 50 miles.  After our losses in Africa, the commander was relieved of duty and Patton was in command. After that he coordinated our forces in Africa and from then on the American and British divisions under Montgomery were hugely successful.

Its amazing how the littlest things could of changed the entire war. If Hitler just allowed his Generals and Commanders to do their job, we might of been looking at a different world. 

One thing which is just now being talked about is what would of happened if the Germans won.  Numerous historians have debated that even if the Nazis were succesful and managed to negotiate peace and keep the occupied territories, that they could not of properly managed and governed the areas. The conquered territories including the vast areas deep into Russia were 1000 times larger than pre-war Germany.  They just would not of been able to properly control and govern the areas. Eventually they would of lost just because the materials and manpower to hold onto those conquered areas would overwhelm the government. They were a victim of their own success's.

I'm hoping to one day finsh the book. Unfortuneatly, the research I need to do requires me to have access to the recently opened Russian and German Archives.  After the war the Russians managed to secure vast amounts of Nazi files and documents. The Germans also opened their archives to researchers.  Warehouse size amounts. So, I would need to travel to Russia and Germany to finish my research and thats just an impossible task right now.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #47: Sep 29, 2009 05:44:30 pm
      If I could go back in time I would warn everyone about hitler

also I would stop the hillsbrough and heysal disaters

RIP 96, Hitlers sufferers and the 38
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #48: Sep 29, 2009 05:56:49 pm
      Sorry about my last few posts.....A bit off topic ???

Going back to Hillsbrough....Didn't even think about that.

But honestly what could you do? It was such a massive amount of factors that combined into a disaster.

YNWA
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #49: Sep 29, 2009 06:16:52 pm
      I would tell them idiot police that there were too much fans coming in which would cause a crush

RIP 96
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #50: Sep 30, 2009 12:18:24 am
      Hope you get the chance anyways Yank Fan. Hillsborough, how that didn't come to mind i don't know. One thing that would be very hard to stop though, and i think if it didn't happen then it may have another time. Though, id like to hope it would never have happened if there had been some warning.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #51: Sep 30, 2009 12:53:37 am
      On people wanting to go back to the time of the Hillsborough disaster, I think you have to wonder if you could cope with living through such a disaster. I know I couldn't, I'd end up going off me head. If you're saying you want to go back to try and prevent it from happening then I'm afraid you'd be putting football supporters of the last 20 years in danger of losing their lives. One thing the disaster caused was all seated stadiums.

I'm not saying "oh isn't it good the 96 died" but preventing it would possibly cause more danger later on. It's something that had to happen, like all things in life, nobody had a plan for it until it happened. Once it'd happened, the FA realised stadiums had to be all seater as the pen system with the terraces was too dangerous. So it had to happen for the safety of those football supporters afterwards, unfortunately it took a disaster of such huge proportion for the FA to realise this. That's the tragedy, that it took 96 innocent people losing their lives because of the incompotence of others to make the FA realise all seater stadiums were required.

Despite the pen system and terraces being in football for years an nothing on the same magnitude of the Hillsborough disaster happening during that time, it was always a risk. The swaying Kop, as great as it looks on the telly and as safe as you probably were in it, there was always the risk of tragedy happening. If it hadn't happened at Hillsborough in 89, it'd of happened at Loftus Road in 93 or Kennilworth Rd in 94 or Maine Rd in 97 instead. It's just one of those cases that was going to happen and unfortunately for our club, our fans, our sport and the families of the 96 it took a disaster of that size for the FA to make all seater stadiums a must.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #52: Sep 30, 2009 01:00:41 am
      Same as i thought DLS. Although it was such a tragedy and it should never have happened, it awakened the football world to the need of more organized, seated stadiums. Like i said if there had been some warning i would hope it would never happen, but in all honesty i think that was a disaster that was going to happen. It was unfortunate that it was 96 of our brothers, fathers, sisters, mothers, friends etc, that it happened to.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #53: Sep 30, 2009 01:10:35 am
      I appreciate we are on a Liverpool forum - but I think the thread was more expansive than the Hillsborough 96 or the Heysel 39.

Both of those events are ones of collective grief which are clearly important to us on here - I'm sure saving 6 million people from the gas chambers would also rank pretty highly.  This is a good thread so if people can stick to their own personal memories.

aw1 - fantastic post by the way.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #54: Sep 30, 2009 01:15:18 am
      On people wanting to go back to the time of the Hillsborough disaster, I think you have to wonder if you could cope with living through such a disaster. I know I couldn't, I'd end up going off me head. If you're saying you want to go back to try and prevent it from happening then I'm afraid you'd be putting football supporters of the last 20 years in danger of losing their lives. One thing the disaster caused was all seated stadiums.

I'm not saying "oh isn't it good the 96 died" but preventing it would possibly cause more danger later on. It's something that had to happen, like all things in life, nobody had a plan for it until it happened. Once it'd happened, the FA realised stadiums had to be all seater as the pen system with the terraces was too dangerous. So it had to happen for the safety of those football supporters afterwards, unfortunately it took a disaster of such huge proportion for the FA to realise this. That's the tragedy, that it took 96 innocent people losing their lives because of the incompotence of others to make the FA realise all seater stadiums were required.

Despite the pen system and terraces being in football for years an nothing on the same magnitude of the Hillsborough disaster happening during that time, it was always a risk. The swaying Kop, as great as it looks on the telly and as safe as you probably were in it, there was always the risk of tragedy happening. If it hadn't happened at Hillsborough in 89, it'd of happened at Loftus Road in 93 or Kennilworth Rd in 94 or Maine Rd in 97 instead. It's just one of those cases that was going to happen and unfortunately for our club, our fans, our sport and the families of the 96 it took a disaster of that size for the FA to make all seater stadiums a must.
      No mate your'e wrong. The crush in the Kop in thr 60's&70's was infuenced by the fans, but at Hillsborough, it was taken out of our control.People were pushed in to the Leppings lane end to solve a policing problem, nothing to do with the fans,other than some brothers getting in without a ticket (as usual).So if I went back in time I would try to stop the bizzy in control from opening the gates.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #55: Sep 30, 2009 04:53:47 am
      Don't forget the Bradford disaster.  An entire stand burnt down with fans in it.  56 died in that disaster.  Absolutely tragic.  Although how that could have been prevented I don't know.  A wooden stand was always going to be a potential problem but who would have ever second-guessed what happened.

I worked with a woman who died in the Kings Cross station fire in London.  Used to sit next to her.  That was really upsetting, they never found a trace of her remains.  Another work colleague of mine dropped down dead in the office having suffered a massive heart attack..at the age of 42.

How could you stop any of that happening?  Don't take the tube today Nat?  Lay off the e's and stuff Noel?  I have no idea.

I've been thinking about this thread since it went up.  After my dad died my mum eventually remarried.  Sad to say that my step-dad also died because of cancer.  Bowel cancer this time that spread to his liver.  My first post on this thread was an unrealistic "I'd cure the cancer my dad had so he wouldn't have died".  If that was ever possible then I wouldn't change my mind but it's not atm so I'm now thinking a bit differently.  My step-sister was flying home from Australia when her dad (my step dad) died.  So if I could change anything I would change the date on her ticket so that she came home a couple of days earlier so if she wanted to she could say her goodbyes.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #56: Oct 17, 2009 12:20:21 am
      Nostalgia thread has just jogged my memory to bits.

If I could go back in time right now, I'd go back to when me and my dad used to play football in the back garden.

Our back garden was quite narrow but very long. Immediately as you step out the back door, there was a paved yard for about 6 yards and then it was all grass apart from a tiny path that went just short of the back of the garden on the right hand side. At the end of this path, there was a steel clothes line post. This was one of the goal posts.

But we all know you can't have a goal with one goal post. So, much to the frustration of my mum and my nan who lived next door to the left, my dad painted the fence post that was adjacent to the clothes line post, white. Thus making two goal posts without any crossbar.

It was alright for a while. Of course, it was always me who ended up in goal with the words ringing in my ear 'it's alright, you can have a few shots soon, just wait until I score a few curlers'. And I was meant to be the kid!!

So after me becoming a very good goalie and having the often attempt at goal trying to score against a giant, both me and my dad couldn't cope with not having a proper goal.

So. My dad got some wood and built a goal frame. Nothing special, just two posts that were as high as the clothes line post and a crossbar. And he painted them white. But if my mum and nan were offended by the painted fence post, they were in for a proper shock when my dad got an old candlewick bed sheet that was handed down from my nan....which was the colour mix-mash of what can only be described as bright pink with a shade of dark purple. And he nailed it to the goal to make a net and put bricks at the back of it to stop the ball going through it.

Genius.

You should have seen my face when I got home from school and said to him 'game of footy?', then went into the back garden. It was the best thing ever!!!! For once, I really wanted to be in goal because I was gonna stop him from scoring in a proper goal!!

I'm sure he must have got it in the ear from my mum for a while. I remember at the time I used hear the word 'eyesore' a lot. I also remember my nan not being too happy for a while, but my Granddad would always sneak out and have a cheeky kick around with us while my nan wasn't looking.

That is something I used to love immensely. If I could go back in time right now, I'd go back to them times......

(no wonder I was good in goal and good at scoring goals!!!)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #57: Oct 17, 2009 12:24:38 am
      Ah good times Kenny. Nice to jog my memories of Glastonbury Crescent back garden. We had some proper times out there. Good, mad, bad. They were all there! :)

I'd go back to that day in the Childwall Fiveways Pub. No doubt. I should have married that girl!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #58: Oct 17, 2009 12:26:20 am
      I'd go back to that day in the Childwall Fiveways Pub. No doubt. I should have married that girl!

Quite a few of mine are orientated around girls, wish I'd done this/that etc!

That sounds mint Kenny. Really nice reading that.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #59: Oct 17, 2009 12:26:57 am
      No but mate, I really should have.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #60: Oct 17, 2009 12:33:01 am
      Ah good times Kenny. Nice to jog my memories of Glastonbury Crescent back garden. We had some proper times out there. Good, mad, bad. They were all there! :)

Glastonbury Crescent was boss. There's loads of things I could ramble on about regarding that era.

Hit me with a good time Gow!! One that doesn't involve that girl. You beat yourself up too much about that and I won't allow it!!

Rosster! Get on Ch4!! (not literally obviously) And cheers mate. Glad you enjoyed reading it. It's nice to know people take the time to read.

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #61: Oct 17, 2009 12:36:55 am
      Like playing Kerbie outside your house on Glastonbury Crescent when we were about 7 or 8? Me getting hit in the nuts? ::) :D

EDIT: Or standing in the garden watching a police car chase down your road? :lmao:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #62: Oct 17, 2009 12:37:02 am
      Kenny you legend.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #63: Oct 17, 2009 12:41:34 am
      On topic though - my first ever date. To the local cinema. :lmao:

She was nothing special, just the fact it was my first real experience with a girl/relationship. I'll never forget how I felt walking home that day. I felt on top of the world. I probably had a smile the size of I don't know what all the way back. Probably looked a right weirdo to passing drivers!

Another thing that keeps popping up in my head when in this thread is a holiday I went on many years ago - went with my brother/parents, my aunty/uncle and my 3 cousins. One of my cousins I've always been real close with, he's in the year above and I had the time of my life on that holiday. Even if I probably spent most of it just pissing around in the pool etc, it was mint.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #64: Oct 17, 2009 12:41:57 am
      Like playing Kerbie outside your house on Glastonbury Crescent when we were about 7 or 8? Me getting hit in the nuts? ::) :D

EDIT: Or standing in the garden watching a police car chase down your road? :lmao:

That never happened by ours? Stop trying to give Noggsy a bad name you big posh snob. Not you getting hit in the nuts - that was a weekly occurrence.  ;)

What about going back to playing footie in our school yard when you lived opposite our school? I'd defo go back to there!

I know.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #65: Oct 17, 2009 12:44:30 am
      What about going back to playing footie in our school yard when you lived opposite our school? I'd defo go back to there!

No point in speaking codeword.

I know exactly what you're getting at.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #66: Oct 17, 2009 12:45:39 am
      In the big Tessies yard in front of mine, playing shooties from the little entrance with that little ledge it was boss to climb up on and sit with your legs hanging over, to the other doors that were slanted away slightly down the youth club end. With a flyaway. It must have been (or it seemed at least) 50 yards, and the flyaway would come back to you on windy days! Scored some proper boss Alonso's in that yard!

And the Tessies Spion Kop.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #67: Oct 17, 2009 12:49:26 am
      Mates if I could go back in time I would go back to 1967.I was 17 years of age, picked from the then"Lancashire Schoolboys" football team, to train at Everton(I'm Catholic), which mattered at the time.I was at a top Grammar school as a result of the 11 plus selection process.My father and the school who were both staunch Potestants, insisted that I should play Rugby Union for the school, as I had been selected for the English Development Squad.I rejected that and as a consequence, they terminated my contact with football.I refused to play Rugby out of protest,left school before Uni and started playing semi- pro football.If I could go back now,I would do the same thing again, because no other f*cker should control your life.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #68: Oct 17, 2009 12:52:15 am
      On topic though - my first ever date. To the local cinema. :lmao:

She was nothing special, just the fact it was my first real experience with a girl/relationship. I'll never forget how I felt walking home that day. I felt on top of the world. I probably had a smile the size of I don't know what all the way back. Probably looked a right weirdo to passing drivers!

Another thing that keeps popping up in my head when in this thread is a holiday I went on many years ago - went with my brother/parents, my aunty/uncle and my 3 cousins. One of my cousins I've always been real close with, he's in the year above and I had the time of my life on that holiday. Even if I probably spent most of it just pissing around in the pool etc, it was mint.

I'd defo go back to the first time I took a girl to the pics! She picked the film though, which I was happy to go along with. It was a brilliant date. She was lovely. And I liked her and she liked me.

She wasn't happy that we kissed when the film ended though. I think that's what ruined it. See, she picked Boyz In The Hood. Obviously not the type of film a nice posh girl was planning on watching. But it's a good film!!!?!! And I hadn't seen it before. Do'h!!! I do actually regret getting into the film too much. She was nice her.

In the big Tessies yard in front of mine, playing shooties from the little entrance with that little ledge it was boss to climb up on and sit with your legs hanging over, to the other doors that were slanted away slightly down the youth club end. With a flyaway. It must have been (or it seemed at least) 50 yards, and the flyaway would come back to you on windy days! Scored some proper boss Alonso's in that yard!

And the Tessies Spion Kop.

Yes!! Brilliant stuff wasn't it! That was actually, at that time, the juniour girls yard!!! ARGGGHHH!!!!

And the Tessies Spion Kop!! We'll have to try find pics of that Gow and show the reds on here what we mean.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #69: Oct 17, 2009 12:56:22 am
      Mates if I could go back in time I would go back to 1967.I was 17 years of age, picked from the then"Lancashire Schoolboys" football team, to train at Everton(I'm Catholic), which mattered at the time.I was at a top Grammar school as a result of the 11 plus selection process.My father and the school who were both staunch Potestants, insisted that I should play Rugby Union for the school, as I had been selected for the English Development Squad.I rejected that and as a consequence, they terminated my contact with football.I refused to play Rugby out of protest,left school before Uni and started playing semi- pro football.If I could go back now,I would do the same thing again, because no other f*cker should control your life.

Spot on mate!! I love the way you say if you could go back you would do the same.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #70: Oct 17, 2009 01:11:58 am
      Nice to see this back up.

Thinking about it, I'd love to go back a few years to when I was about 14. (just the evenings of being 14 so I didn't have to bother with school). Just sitting off in Prinny or Sevvy Park thinking we were F***ing solid cos we had a few cans or bottles of ale. Must of been about 50 of us just having a proper good laugh and just generally enjoying our youth.

Best time we had there was when everyone put a quid in to see who could last the longest in the Sevvy Park. Started it about 7 at night, didn't end till about midday two days later. I'd go back to that time and win the money rather than F**k off cos I was hungry.

Had some boss days in the Parks.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #71: Oct 17, 2009 01:15:17 am
      Spot on mate!! I love the way you say if you could go back you would do the same.
      Thanks mate.It's difficult for people to understand how potential goes awhry, but look at the local amateur leagues, there's plenty of people who could make the grade in lower league pro football,but don't for a variety of reasons.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #72: Oct 18, 2009 10:23:47 am
      Go back to the game yesterday and smack that balloon ed right in the kisser.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #73: Jan 24, 2010 01:29:12 am
      Been reminiscing on the phone with me mate tonight about some of the things we got up to in Windsor St. Got me thinking of this thread and just reading over some of the posts in here again brings more than a tear to the eye. Some real boss, touching, posts in this thread.

We got talking bout going back in time and I'd love to go through both World Wars because I've always been fascinated by those eras. The 60s is probably the era I should of been born in, I love the fashion, music, lifestyle of Mod culture, everything about it. So that would be a must. As I stated earlier in the thread I'd go back to the 70s to see the family me Dad grew up in and compare the same people to what they are now. I'd go back to the 80s because I'd wanna live through the Tocky riots being a Toxteth lad an all, it's part of me history that I'd like (although not sure if that's right word) to experience first hand and I'd wanna see just how badly me hometown did get treated by the government of the time. And the 90s cos it was boss being a kid then or it was for me anyway.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #74: Jan 24, 2010 10:14:56 am
      Go back to 2007 and tell my bestie my feelings and we would be so happy together now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #75: Jun 06, 2010 03:28:14 am
      Been doing a lot of thinking of the past over the last few days, found the present isn't doing too much for me right now. Out of work, splitting up with Laura, me one real love being fu**ed over by two robbing cu*ts and the chances of any improving soon looking extremely thin.

So I would happily go back to me primary school days in Windsor Street. They were the best days of me life. I mean you never make mates like you do in primary school, they're the ones who had similar up bringings to you. Similar morals and principals. F***ing love me mates from back then.

Been thinking of me and Li, being chased out of Woolies when we were about 10. The one that was in St John's market by Boots. We were skint but went on a bit of a shopping spree shall we say in Woolworths. Secruity chased us everywhere, right through Woolies, out into the street. We just flew down the street, past Tesco's and past what was George Henry Lee's. Past where the Liverpool shop in Williamson Sq is and jumped on the first bus we saw at Queen's Squarer station. Ended up in Walton I think it was. F***ing mad.

Quick Reply