Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Our players compared to the mancs

Read 14607 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Our players compared to the mancs
      Reply #23: Sep 27, 2009 07:44:47 am
      You haven't given me a reason to why he does? I'm an out and out liverpool supporter and Steven Gerrard Is our most important player because he produces brilliance when we have nothing else left, but we are not as dependant on him now as we used to be. Gerrard in that positiion behind the striker isn't as good as he used to be in the central midfield where he used to do everythign alonso did but better. Rooney Is easily one of the the best players in the world in that position and he plays it properly. Putting pressure on the defenders, being able to link up with any1 and every1, and if needed holding the ball up by himself. Give me good reasons why Gerrard is better rather than saying "are you mad, of course gerrard is better than rooney"

Okay, for fucks sake just look at the stats! The last few years i do believe that Gerrard has scored around the same or if not more goals than Rooney. He has been giving the assists to Torres and our other lads going forward. Seriously do you watch? This season yeah, Rooney has probably been better than Gerrard as far as his production to the team goes, but Gerrard has had to remodel his game in some respects with Alonso gone. He is having to be alot more conscious of the midfield play as well as still play the role in attack we have become accustomed to seing him play. I wasn't attacking your opinion, more your argument. You said Rooney has a better shot. As the mancs best striker he probably should have a better strike than Stevie being he is a midfielder to begin with, yet i think Stevie still has a better shot. Give me a choice of keeping against Gerrard & Shrek i would take on Shrek every time. And then you said Gerrard is lazy! There goes your credibility to your argument right there. Yeah, sometimes he has a shocker of a game but it aint laziness! He is always working his socks off, trying to better the teams postition in any way he can. If you line up the amount of times Rooney has dragged his team from a deficit against Gerrard, i think you would see Gerrard way out on top. When manure are down Rooney just has a strop and more often than not ends up with a card or worse. Remembering against Fulham, pretty sure they may have only been 1 nil down at this time, Rooney cracked the shits throwing the ball away and got red carded. Now you would never see that from Gerrard as he is a true pro.
      Istanbul '05. Cardiff '06. Just 2 major examples of why Gerrard is 10 times better. Where the F**k was Rooney last years europeon final? Sulking because he is a useless c**t, thats where.

I am a little tipsy, so if you keep this argument up then it will get bad, you have been warned :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #24: Sep 27, 2009 10:39:19 am
      The manc side is full of pensioners and Ferguscum looks in no hurry to replace them. I think he's not going to be there much longer and is setting the next manager up to fail IMO.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #25: Sep 27, 2009 10:44:34 am
      You don't compare individuals, you compare the team. Football's a team game.

And when Gerrard's got his hands on number 19 in May, they'll only be one answer to that question.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Sep 27, 2009 11:28:32 am
      Pacheco or Owen.

Pacheco.

Simples.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #27: Sep 27, 2009 11:33:44 am
      Interesting when you line them up like that.

I'd probably take Giggs but the other 10 players I think we outgun them.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #28: Sep 27, 2009 11:52:11 am
      In my opinion from those 2 line ups  I'd choose only Ferdinand  and Giggs from the mancs line up over ours , allthough i want Yossi too in there , But this only hypotetical , I only want our lads to wear the liverbird shirt , no mancs please
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #29: Sep 27, 2009 12:13:21 pm
      Man Utd 1 - 4 Liverpool   -  Saturday, 14 March 2009

that's the difference between the two teams........

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Sep 27, 2009 12:25:50 pm
      Man Utd 1 - 4 Liverpool   -  Saturday, 14 March 2009

that's the difference between the two teams........

And that was with Ladyboy and Tevez ;)
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #31: Sep 27, 2009 12:26:58 pm
      The mancs always have and i think always will have a better bench than us.

Out of a starting 11 the only player the Mancs have that i would of liked to of seen in a Liverpool shirt is Rooney.  Him and Gerrard would of been deadly, plus they are best of mates.

Owen who?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #32: Sep 27, 2009 01:04:51 pm
      Aidan Denny
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      Reply #33: Sep 27, 2009 02:15:08 pm
      Anyone who says they would not have Rooney in their side is letting their hearts rule their heads, the lad is a traitor but by F**k he's class, I still would not have him over Stevie G but playing alongside him?........ I'd cum in my pants! I would also take Vidic over Skrtel, and even at his age I would take the ginger b***ard over Lucas, although Lucas is showing signs of marked improvement this season.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #34: Sep 27, 2009 03:39:52 pm
      if vidic weren't such a dirty bast*rd i would swap him with skrtel. thats about it tbh individually i think our team are actually better but as a team, dont hate me people but unfortunately they play better than us. oh yeah id probs have evra aswell
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: Sep 27, 2009 03:43:24 pm
      Van Der Sar or Reina - VDS, more reliable IMO
      Neville or Johnson - Johnson
      Vidic or Carragher - Not sure :P toughy
      Ferdinand or Agger/Skrtel - Probably Ferdinand :/
      Evra or Insua/Aurelio - Evra
      Valencia or Kuyt - Kuyt
      Carrick or Mascherano - Not sure :P
      Scholes or Lucas - Scholes
      Giggs/Nani or Benayoun - Benayoun / Giggs
      Rooney or Gerrard - Gerrard
      Berbatov or Torres - Torres

Reina has the most clean sheets and most involvement in goals than any other keeper since he moved to England.

Mascherano is the best holding midfielder in the world.

Scholes hardly plays.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #36: Sep 27, 2009 03:45:45 pm
      I haven't been well for a couple of days but I fear I have become delusional. Is someone trying to compare Rooney with Gerrard or any Manc with a Liverpool player.I think i better ease up on the medication.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #37: Sep 27, 2009 04:12:04 pm
      First of all, there's no comparison between us or them because deep inside we all know with a squad like us it's beating time for them mancs! The only minus for us is the quality we have in the bench.

VDS vs Reina - Being one of the 5 most best goalie, i have to say Pepe outscored VDS. Btw why do you rate a keeper who broke his fingers stopping a penalty being better than Pepe?
      Johnson vs Neville - No question there. Being top of his game, i'd say Johnson anytime. By comparing both in their prime i still say Johnson.
      Vidic vs Carra - I think this one a draw. Vidic was outplayed by Torres as Carra was with Henry. Vidic defensive skill is nowhere compared to Carra but he can score.
      Rio vs Skrtel - Rio? Are you f**king kidding me?
      Evra vs Insua - Pace for pace, it's Evra but overall performance and skill i think Insua outsmart him.
      Kuyt vs. Valencia - During his Wigan days I still reckon he's not as good as Fergie thinks but he got pace. Other than pace and skill Kuyt has everything a club needed; loyalty, determination and perseverance.
      Carrick vs Mascherano - No contest, Monster Masch will made Carrick looks like s**te!
      Scholes vs Lucas - Tough one but Scholes nicked it. I was comparing both on their prime but if you ask me recent performance, Lucas has been improving bit by bit while Scholes has been a passenger in theirs.
      Giggs/Nani vs Benayoun/Riera - Giggs is their best player by far and for me it's his game but Benayoun is not far behind. Both got the trickery and intelligence.
      Rooney vs Gerrard - Zidane rated him, Pele wanted him, Real adored him, Henry admired him so who the f**k is Rooney anyway?
      The whole striking department of scum vs Torres - Tell me something, Ferguscum wanted him so bad so it might say something. So i'm guessing that his strikers are s**te and nowhere to be compared to Torres.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Sep 27, 2009 05:00:41 pm
      The only thing I'd take from United is the transfer fee they received for Ronaldo, I think Rafa would spend it more wisely. :)
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #39: Sep 27, 2009 05:33:20 pm
      Anyone who says they would not have Rooney in their side is letting their hearts rule their heads, the lad is a traitor but by f**k he's class, I still would not have him over Stevie G but playing alongside him?........ I'd cum in my pants! I would also take Vidic over Skrtel, and even at his age I would take the ginger b***ard over Lucas, although Lucas is showing signs of marked improvement this season.
      Great post :)
      Vidic is one of the best defenders in the world fact.
      Evra is widely regarded as one of the best left backs in the world fact.
      Evra is a more complete player than Insua
      Insua WILL be better than evra FACT.

My team would be :

........................ .......Reina............ .................
      Johnson..........Vidic.. ...........Caragher..... ....Evra
      Benayoun/Kuyt.....Mascherano....Benayoun/Giggs
      ................Gerrard. ................Shrek... ..............
      ........................ ......Torres............ .................
      Quality team :P

BENCH
      VDS, Skrtel/Agger/Ferdinand, Insua, Carrick, Kuyt/Benayoun/Giggs, Berbatov, Nemeth when back
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #40: Sep 27, 2009 06:46:36 pm
      you are all forgeting aqualini
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #41: Sep 27, 2009 06:53:19 pm
      The only player from MU I'd probably take is Ryan Giggs (not as in now but when he was younger).
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #42: Sep 27, 2009 06:57:59 pm
      Not Evra, not Vidic?
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #43: Sep 27, 2009 07:16:26 pm
      Reply to Esoteric Mist from 03:01 Vidic the best defender in the world ? Are you for real or are you taking the P*ss. Last season he had Martins and Lovenkrands from Newcastle running rings around him. He should of been sent of at Wigan becuase he couldnt handle Rodrellaga, and he got 2 red cards against us. He is not even the best centre half in the league let alone the world
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #44: Sep 27, 2009 09:37:00 pm
      As redkenny said, 'F**k the mancs'.

If it weren't for their manager they'd win nothing with their first team.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Sep 27, 2009 10:10:40 pm
      As redkenny said, 'f**k the mancs'.

If it weren't for their managers influence over match officials, they'd win nothing with their first team.

Fixed that for you Gow :D

Quick Reply