Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Chelsea vs Liverpool Pre-match Thread

Read 18205 times
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Re: Chelsea vs Liverpool Pre-match Thread
      Reply #115: Oct 03, 2009 09:51:27 pm
      This is a great chance to put a marker down as for our intent for the season. The first 'big' game of the year, and im confident we'll see a positive reaction to tuesdays performance. Rafas gamble of playing Aurelio in midfield backfired and i expect him to play tomorrow at l.b, and maybe Dagger to come in aswell. Weve got to be rock solid in defence tomorrow, but with Masch back well be much harder to get through. The backs have got to be careful about leaving space but Chelsea will have the same problem and its going to be a case of who takes advantage. We need Stevie at his best and hopefully Nando can do the biz too. Im actually looking forward to this game for the first time in a long while, ive always hated going there as we always got noting from there up till last season. Come on redmen, show the chavs the real Liverpool.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #116: Oct 03, 2009 09:54:29 pm
      Can't F***ing wait... Torres will make sh*t of Carvalho if given the chance...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #117: Oct 03, 2009 10:13:58 pm
      Great comment, I will also be happy with a point but I pretty sure we will ealk out of there with a win tomorrow!

Really hoping we ealk out with a win to, would make my day ;)

Ahhh after manure's stumble today i just can't wait!! Off to get meself some Guiness for the game soon, got my new Kuyt away jersey in the mail yesterday, i am all F***ing set! Waaaheeeeeee  :scarf: :food-smiley-005: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,382 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #118: Oct 03, 2009 10:14:50 pm
      Does anyone else think we should play Kyrgiakos? His game is all about physicality he'd get right stuck into Drogba

Any opinions on this?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #119: Oct 03, 2009 10:15:54 pm
      Reckon Kyrgiakos is too slow for Dropba.

He'll fit nicely in Skrtel's back pocket.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #120: Oct 03, 2009 10:16:51 pm
      A very important game for us at this very crucial time.

We are 3 points behind Chelsea and a win would bring us back to 2nd place, ahead of Chelsea on goal difference, with only a point behind Manchester United. So far, we have lost 2 games to two teams playing for the top 6 positions. This is an opportunity for us Reds to show the world that we can not only compete with the best but alos that we are title contenders. Furthermore, this would be the perfect chance to gain momentum before our the very important weeks before christmas including games against Manchester United, Everton, Manchester City, Arsenal (in the league and league cup) and also against team we had failed to beat in the past at home, the likes of Fulham and Birmingham City. Add to that crucial European games against Lyon (twice), Fiorentina and Debrenceni.

Petr Cech is ineligible to play and hopefully that can work in our favour with Fernando Torres being on form in the last few Premier League games.

It's gonna be a close battle tomorrow especially with us firing from all cylinders and Chelsea's defence being solid. If we can win the midfield battle and our defence being that great wall, we surely have a chance. The lads know how important is it for us to win especially with Manchester United and Totenham (who are above us now), dropping points.

If we could do it last season, we can surely do it again.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #121: Oct 03, 2009 10:19:26 pm
      Does anyone else think we should play Kyrgiakos? His game is all about physicality he'd get right stuck into Drogba

Any opinions on this?

True but he won't get a tap tomorrow so it doesn't matter either way. Play Agger I say so we can win by 4 instead of 3.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #122: Oct 03, 2009 10:38:55 pm
      Aurelio to score the first :)
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #123: Oct 04, 2009 12:58:02 am
      From a free kick !

I can see this game being very tight we need to have a bit more balance than we have had so far Attacking this season we have been on fire with Gerrard,Torres,Benayoun,and Johnson destroying most teams no denying we are playing very fluid football at the moment.

But defensively we have been shaky Carragher and Skrtel haven't been themselves this season and Johnsons Defensive quality's are questionable.Personally i think the loss of Alonso and Arbeloa has taken away from balance of the team and we are playing a different style to last season.

Chelsea have looked strong this season but not world beaters and Cech could be a big loss for them,but if we give Drogba or Anelka a sniff we could be in for a bit of trouble

I'm tippiing Liverpool to win it 1-0 and a big performance from Mascherano
      Aidan Denny
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      Reply #124: Oct 04, 2009 01:29:11 am
      I could'nt give a Rat's arse what the scoreline is as long as its a winning one for us, I hope we get at them early and start peppering their goal at every opportunity, without Cech between the sticks it would bode well not to let their keeper settle, as a couple of others have said earlier, I think that the Mancs and Spurs dropping points this weekend makes this even more important a game........ we need the win.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #125: Oct 04, 2009 01:37:14 am
      Really hoping we ealk out with a win to, would make my day ;)

Ahhh after manure's stumble today I just can't wait!! Off to get meself some Guiness for the game soon, got my new Kuyt away jersey in the mail yesterday, I am all f**king set! Waaaheeeeeee  :scarf: :food-smiley-005: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Not happy with the draw. Sunderland were playing some good stuff, really deserved to win. Were they singing YNWA?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #126: Oct 04, 2009 01:46:24 am
      Not happy with the draw. Sunderland were playing some good stuff, really deserved to win. Were they singing YNWA?

Didn't watch the game, just a score ticker on the web :D But yeah they deserved all 3 points, and i was just as disappointed. But, ask me a day earlier if I would be happy to have the chance to just be one point behind them after a win at Chelsea i would say hell yes, happy all the same.  
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #127: Oct 04, 2009 01:57:26 am
      Pray for a 5-0, predict a 1-0, accept a 1-1
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #128: Oct 04, 2009 02:09:06 am
      yes if we win we will be 1 point behind man utd so lots of incentive here. chelsea have been terrible the last two games hope the trend continues. we have to take the game to them and pepper there second string goalkeeper with lots of shots he is the weakest link
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Reply #129: Oct 04, 2009 03:15:43 am
      By the way my team at the Bridge would be:
                                       Reina
      Johnson       Kygriakos?        Carragher     Aurelio
                          Mascherano         Lucas
              Kuyt                    Gerrard           Babel
                                         Torres           
      i like the team but i would rather spearing than lucas and is but i want riera back in the starting line up
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #130: Oct 04, 2009 03:42:05 am
      Like i put earlier, i'd have Riera and Babel on both wings for width and totally outflank Chelsea. I'd give Kuyt a break and use him as a substitute.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #131: Oct 04, 2009 03:47:18 am
      Just over 12 hours now the nerves are starting to kick in!!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #132: Oct 04, 2009 04:18:37 am
      Cannot wait for this to get here.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #133: Oct 04, 2009 05:18:56 am
      Lookin forward to this , the big games get the al juices flowin to get anythink today will need a top display from start to finish , I hope the skipper plays deeper as our midfield is far weaker when he plays off Nando , chelsea have used   Essien in recent games to man mark Gerrard out of the game and we find it hard to get him into the game and supply Torres  .CMON REDMEN .
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #134: Oct 04, 2009 05:43:10 am
      Gutted. I'll most probably only be able to catch the first half.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #135: Oct 04, 2009 06:40:54 am
      As I said in the last match thread (vs Fiorentina), this week I dreamed about Liverpool beating Chelsea. I don't know if that's the reason but I'm feeling really confident. 3x0 to us. Come on Reds.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #136: Oct 04, 2009 08:32:37 am
      i reckon we will win 3-1,, gerrard will score one and torres will bag a double. i reckon a cole 4 chelsea will score, but im pretty confident liverpool can beat these bozers.

GO THE REDS  :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :action-smiley-035: :ernie:
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #137: Oct 04, 2009 08:44:57 am
      3-0? Someones optimistic...or still pi**ed from last night  ;)

Quick Reply