Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Chelsea vs Liverpool Pre-match Thread

Read 18204 times
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: Chelsea vs Liverpool Pre-match Thread
      Reply #23: Sep 30, 2009 07:01:24 pm
      Don't worry about that space we'll ask Johnson to cover both area's  cause he's lightening. P.s. that isnt how I put it down but this computor and me don't get on...
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #24: Sep 30, 2009 07:12:49 pm
      It dosent matter which names go on the sheet we have to turn up and play from the whistle you cant ease your way into games anymore.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #25: Sep 30, 2009 07:16:14 pm
      Ashley Cole is in Chelsea's starting XI tonight therefore expect him to play on Sunday.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #26: Sep 30, 2009 07:28:31 pm
      As for team selection this is my line-up...

Reina

Johnson            Carragher            Skrtel            Insua

Mascherano/Lucas      Gerrard

Babel                                                             Riera
                               Yossi
                                         Torres

I've left Kuyt on the bench as he looked out of steam for the 1st time in a long time last night and didn't have such a good game. Plus, both Babel and Riera have pace and skill to burn so will provide good width while Yossi has the skill and trickery to provide a great link between the midfield and Nando.   

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

I'd go with that line up but I'd put Kuyt on the right and Babel on the bench to come on with his pace for the last 25/30 minutes.  True, Dirk had a poor game for him last night, as did most of them tbf, hope that was just a blip. I think everyone will be so fired up for this game.  Can't wait to get at them.  Come on Sunday, hurry up!
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #27: Sep 30, 2009 07:42:01 pm
      Why bother saying that when you go on to make a lot of valid points that sum up our season so far? :D

To be fair i only reiterated, albeit in better wording, what some newbie wrote in a thread last night and they got mercilessly cut down and accused of Manc-ness.

But then again i guess i'm an established forum poster and they were a new face posting a blunt message on a night where we'd lost 2-0 and played badly. No tact these young 'uns today ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,382 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #28: Sep 30, 2009 08:30:22 pm
      To be fair I only reiterated, albeit in better wording, what some newbie wrote in a thread last night and they got mercilessly cut down and accused of Manc-ness.

But then again I guess I'm an established forum poster and they were a new face posting a blunt message on a night where we'd lost 2-0 and played badly. No tact these young 'uns today ;)

Did that person have around 30 posts of which about 25 had some reference to utd in them  ;)
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #29: Sep 30, 2009 08:32:48 pm
      I have no idea.

But if that's the case then F**k 'em ;)
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #30: Sep 30, 2009 11:18:55 pm
      Anyone going to the game? Dad managed to get me tickets for my 18th, great birthday present! Hopefully Torres can give us a hattrick too and a bunch of moaning chelsea fans as well.

I'd say Masch is pretty important, hopefully he'll be fit. I'm hesitant to take away our best attacking weapon in Gerrard & Torres by moving Stevie back into midfield, but Lucas had a poor game against Fiorentina and needs to come back strong if he's going to come back at all. With Aquilani back soon he's gotta be thinking he needs good performances. But then with that in mind maybe he'll be inspired to greater things? Probably not...

Another slight worry is Insua's form, I don't think he's looked comfortable in the Premiership or in Europe this season, and is getting exposed one too many times at the back. I'd be tempted to put Aurelio out there if he's fit enough to start and probably finish. As for the others, I think it's self explanatory, Johnson, Carra and Skrtel are not going anywhere, neither is Yossi with the form he's in, and Kuyt's not going to be dropped for an away game at Chelsea.

Not sure on the result but hopefully 3 points, however we can get them.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #31: Oct 01, 2009 12:43:25 am
      Now before you all get the knives out and accuse me of being a secret Manc or Bitter or whatever, and given that I'm knocking on for 1,500 posts I think it's clear I'm not, I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and risk having my block chopped off and a ton of -1 ratings thrown my way.
      ??? Why would you get stick for a post like that? 
      Dadorious
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #32: Oct 01, 2009 12:56:38 am
      That was a good post Big Red.

The only thing I dont see eventuating is Kuyt on the bench  :D no way in hell will Rafa bench him, he is always first name on the team sheet.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Oct 01, 2009 01:16:57 am
      A twatting for Chelsea is in order. We done them over twice in the league last year so let's have the same again!

Play with some god damn passion and desire though because if it's the same mentality as against Fiorentina then we wont be coming away with anything.

1-0 Torres.
      bbloke
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts | -1 
      Reply #34: Oct 01, 2009 03:49:21 am
      Chelsea are the better team
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #35: Oct 01, 2009 04:43:30 am

Why is that you manc tw*t? I have read your other posts, i know what you are. What the hell do you think you are doing here?
      Chelsea the better team?
      Up front? Torres v any of their pussy strikers. Torres any day, night, and drunken evening in may '10 when we win the league.
      Gerrard or Fat Lampard? Does it need to be said ::)
      In goals? Well, it isn't even between Cech and Reina cos the ol turtle head got himself suspended but if it was it would still be Reina.
      Rest of our team is very much equal, better IMO but im a biased c**t most of the time :D Terry is just a bitching dirty c**t IMO, And although they have quality they are most definately not the better team.

But theyll finish in front of you manc tw*ts don't you worry.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: Oct 01, 2009 05:05:31 am
      Forgot to say my piece on the match after spraying the manc up their :D Alot of them coming outta the woodwork lately, not cool.

So, after the doom and gloom of midweek we return to the league, what we all know in our hearts if we can take one thing this season it is this. The loss was hard to take, yes, but if you were like me i actually breathed a sigh of relief it came in the CL and not the league. It is inevitable in any sport that you will have a bad result occasionaly. This was real bad as far as our play went, but im hoping that will be the lowpoint for our entire season. Rafa will be giving them the hard end of the stick heading into this game, and our players are to good to not respond.

Torres will be up and going for this match, he loves the big games and Chelsea have been a side he has enjoyed since his debut at Anfield 2 years ago. He will be looking for another hat-trick, don't you worry about that. Especially with their 2nd choice keeper to boot!

Gerrard is a man in need of a BIG game. Not that he has been bad at all, we just have not seen his real destructiveness we are accustomed to. What better way for him to fix that than an opponent like Chelsea.

Now we know Chelsea, we know they are a team we cannot take lightly. But we know we can beat them, our squad just needs to come together, really meld and play as one as we know they can. From the kick-off to, Start like we did in that CL game last year (just don't finish that way!)
      If we have Yossi, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres in full flight on the attack while our defense holds tight as a unit (crossed fingers) then we will come away with three well earned points. Come on you reds!!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #37: Oct 01, 2009 07:21:13 am

They are better than your team, yes. Better than ours, no.
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #38: Oct 01, 2009 08:25:45 am
      After tuesday night game I beleive the Reds will come out strong on sunday, I see a win!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #39: Oct 01, 2009 09:26:34 am
      It dosent matter which names go on the sheet we have to turn up and play from the whistle you cant ease your way into games anymore.

Nail on the head mate - we need to change this "take it easy for 20mins" and play our way into the match attitude. By that time against Chelsea we could be a goal down. Be positive and confident from the first whistle and keep the ball better.
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Reply #40: Oct 01, 2009 10:01:50 am
      Dont forget chelsea hit a snag last week and lost to wigan 3 1 and we beat them at stamford bridge last year.There is no reason to believe we can't win.
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Reply #41: Oct 01, 2009 10:05:39 am
      If we defend well we could be a real chance to win this game but i want to see us move the ball out of defence quickly.
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts |
      Reply #42: Oct 01, 2009 10:06:45 am
      we have a point to prove at the weekend after Tuesdays no show, get masch back in....and we have every chance. Come on the Reds
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts |
      Reply #43: Oct 01, 2009 10:08:10 am
      Nowt like a bit of optimisum
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #44: Oct 01, 2009 10:35:10 am
      Anyone knows if ballack plays?? i know that mikel is not but at physioroom it says 4th october
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,912 posts | 6834 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #45: Oct 01, 2009 12:54:17 pm
      Can't believe it is one year ago since I was at this exact fixture...how times fly?

We came away with the 3 points that day and hoping the lads repeat that result.

Deffo not going to be easy but hopefully the lads get stuck in from the off. Masch has to be a certain starter if fit. I'm thinking that Insua needs a rest and hope Fabio gets the nod. For me, he's more defensively sound than Insua and he also provides us with another free kick option.

I'd have Gerrard in CM with Yossi in behind Torres. That means I'd leave Lucas out and bring in Riera for the left wing.

Can't see Rafa leaving Lucas out though, so if he and Masch are in midfield, all I ask is PLEASE NO STUPID UNNECESSARY FREE KICKS IN DANGEROUS AREAS!!! (sorry for the caps).

My head says 1-1 draw but my heart says another 0-1 away win for us just like last year. I'm going for Kuyt to score the winner for us.

Come on You Reds...let's shove it up these cu*ts and there feral F***ing supporters. I'm sure the travelling away fans will be loud and do us proud.

Quick Reply