Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rafa's rotation

Read 2123 times
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Rafa's rotation
      Apr 23, 2007 09:41:21 pm
      is finally paying off.

Manure play with pretty much the same team all season, look what happens :)

Drogba and Shevchenko for Chelsea must be knackerd by now or at least a little fatigued.

whilst we can pick from anyone in our team, we have no injuries do we?

Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Re: Rafa's rotation
      Reply #1: Apr 23, 2007 10:05:26 pm
      luis garcia? wish he was fit 4 wednsday match. big game player.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 23, 2007 10:09:59 pm
      ah yes we could use him aswell, but thats the only injury we've really got, and im sure Ferdinands injury for manure is because hes played alot this season, and ferguson even waved him and told him to play on  ;D
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #3: Apr 23, 2007 10:57:02 pm
      is finally paying off.

Manure play with pretty much the same team all season, look what happens :)

Drogba and Shevchenko for Chelsea must be knackerd by now or at least a little fatigued.

whilst we can pick from anyone in our team, we have no injuries do we?

Erm... Man United and Chelsea are both in the FA Cup Final, both in the European Cup Semi-Final, are both fighting for the title and one of them one the League Cup.

Remind me how exactly Rafa's rotation policy is 'finally paying off'.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: Apr 24, 2007 12:00:02 pm
      No one will be complaining when we lift old big ears on may 23rd.
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 24, 2007 12:04:43 pm
      Only works when your winning, when you lose everyone complains about it, Rafa can't win with this rotation questioning, I would like to see the strongest side out at all times if possible all though I know that it's not, he watches them in training everyday, just think you shouldn't change unless you have to.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Apr 24, 2007 01:17:54 pm
      ah yes we could use him aswell, but thats the only injury we've really got

Kewell & Aurelio too, don't forget.

Anyway, my opinion on rotation is that it DOES work. At the start of the season people were too quick to blame rotation for poor results, IMO the fact that we've started slowly for the past two seasons is down to the fact that we've had a lot of new players to intergrate into the squad. Last summer we brought in Kuyt, Bellamy, Pennant, Gonzales & Aurelio, and with the exception of Kuyt I think we can all agree it took them a while to settle in. The season before we bought Crouch, Sissoko, Zenden & Reina, with Cisse basically being like a new player after hardly playing the previous season. These transfers have been necessary as we didn't have the squad that Rafa wanted, but now we're getting to a point where we almost have a complete squad, IMO only three new players needed in the summer.

It's no coincedence that we've won a cup in both of Rafa's first two seasons, I would place the credit for this firmly with our rotation policy. Koolkidda, I can see where you're coming from saying that Sh!tski & Manure are both battling it out for the league & in the FA Cup final plus the semis in Europe, but if you've watched them recently both their teams look knackered. At the start of the season I honestly would not have been confident of beating either of them, now I'd put my house on it.

With a settled squad and minimal transfer activity, I believe we will see rotation pay dividends in the league next season too.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 24, 2007 01:28:13 pm
      Erm... Man United and Chelsea are both in the FA Cup Final, both in the European Cup Semi-Final, are both fighting for the title and one of them one the League Cup.

Remind me how exactly Rafa's rotation policy is 'finally paying off'.

i mean if we played the same team every week we would probably have more injuries than we do at the minute, i think our fresh legs may be the thing that gets us through the semi final against chelsea.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #8: Apr 24, 2007 03:09:14 pm

With a settled squad and minimal transfer activity, I believe we will see rotation pay dividends in the league next season too.

hmm agree with you on the settled squad but as for minimal transfer activity? looks like your putting off winning the Premiership next season then.........

we need at least 3 firts team players this close season where as before we've bought squad players and its taken 3/4+ months to settle were gonna need these signings to get straight on it, hopefiully as they should be playing every game they can do but then again 3 new players in one go a quite alot to try and mold......

we need a 1st choice RW/ST/Maybe RB/LB and even LW depending on Kewell!!!

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: Apr 24, 2007 03:13:58 pm
      hmm agree with you on the settled squad but as for minimal transfer activity? looks like your putting off winning the Premiership next season then.........

we need at least 3 firts team players this close season where as before we've bought squad players and its taken 3/4+ months to settle were gonna need these signings to get straight on it, hopefiully as they should be playing every game they can do but then again 3 new players in one go a quite alot to try and mold......

we need a 1st choice RW/ST/Maybe RB/LB and even LW depending on Kewell!!!

A bit of confusion there mate, I meant that minimal activity will be required, not minimal compared to what we need. I agree with you that we need three 1st team players, I'd class that as minimal activity though compared to the 6 or 7 we've been signing in recent transfer windows.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #10: Apr 24, 2007 04:34:31 pm
      A bit of confusion there mate, I meant that minimal activity will be required, not minimal compared to what we need. I agree with you that we need three 1st team players, I'd class that as minimal activity though compared to the 6 or 7 we've been signing in recent transfer windows.

yeah but in with the 3 first teams i would be lookin at another 3 squad players so thats another 6 players into the mix with the 3/4 players leavin so again that would mean another slow start to the season......

maybe with no summer comp and hopefully not havin to do CL from round 1 we'll have more time training and getting to know each other
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #11: Apr 24, 2007 05:50:32 pm
      Agree with the rotation policy but only if your rotaion consists of quality replacements. Believe we are very close to having a squad with great depth....with no major international competitions or prequalifying for CL and a bit of cash to bring some new options to the squad I believe that next season will really show if Rafa's got what it takes to get us the Prem.

Quick Reply