Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Our American owners and lack of transfer money

Read 20283 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Our American owners and lack of transfer money
      Reply #207: Oct 07, 2009 01:54:00 pm
      Thats the one. But who's to say we even have enough for Silva/Villa? Its January, prices are inflated at this stage - especially for big name players.

To be honest I do not think either or player would want to move in January if noises in Spain is to believed, I just used them as an example of two players who are in the Europa league who'd be eligible to play in the Champions league.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #208: Oct 07, 2009 01:56:57 pm
      They're so thick to still stick around as if they have such great passion for the club. F**k off.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #209: Oct 07, 2009 03:27:33 pm
      To be honest I do not think either or player would want to move in January if noises in Spain is to believed, I just used them as an example of two players who are in the Europa league who'd be eligible to play in the Champions league.
      The noises from Spain are not too encouraging Daz as you say but the whole picture could change with a positive enquiry from the manager backed up by some serious wedge and of course the opportunity of playing alongside Torres could move things our way. We have some squad members who are showing an unwillingness or an inability to improve and Rafa could use these as makeweights in any transaction.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #210: Oct 07, 2009 03:40:23 pm
      We can all live in hope Stuey mate I'm just hoping Rafa is still here by January, H&G have got me very twitchy in the arse department at the moment at what they see as in the best interests of the club. Surely the summer was the best time to build on the previous season in the best interests of the club. We all know both H&G and Purslow have made statements about our spending and their supposed backing of Rafa in the transfer market but as we all know that is PR bullshit being used to paper over the cracks.

Now we have The Yank fuckwit coming out saying lay the blame at Rafa's door for our curent form and misfortune in what appears to be a very personal dig at Rafa himself. I can only go back to badboybubby's post where he stated that the yanks were possibly laying the seeds for to walk out on the club by not actively backing him in the marke hoping results would go against Rafa thus turning his position into something untenable and now with these very public attacks on Rafa how much more will Rafa take before he starts to think about pastures new ?, Don't get me wrong mate I'd love to see some dead wood shipped out during the January window and 1 or two players with real quality arrive but in the same breath I'm just hoping Rafa can stay strong and ride out this storm as to me what badboybubby said is looking more than a possibility at the minute.

BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #211: Oct 07, 2009 08:18:16 pm
      £12 million in January is still better than F**k all in January.

I don't think Rafa will sell anybody, our squad is far too thin as it is. He'll just do what he usually does and try make the best out of a shitty, fu**ed up situation.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #212: Oct 07, 2009 09:21:59 pm
      Will Rafa really walk out? I wouldnt be so sure... I dont think he will - and I think it will make him less valuable as a manager to any prospective clubs if he does as it will be the second time he has walked out over transfer related issues. I couldnt see Madrid, Barca, Milan, Inter, Juve or any english club going for him (becides Man City) as he will appear difficult to manage.

If i quit my last two jobs due to difficulties with my boss would you employ me?

I think Rafa is a truly world class manager, and we all know he is no fool... I think he will either see out his contract or be sacked by these two fools, if they can afford the severance pay that is.

Quick Reply