Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match today?

Lucas Leiva
      (13.1%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (21.3%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (50.8%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (14.8%)

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: Post match frustration

Read 34755 times
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #46: Oct 04, 2009 06:08:30 pm
      Horrible performance. As soon as Masch lost the ball, i had that cringing feeling it was going in. Carragher and Skrtel were solid IMO most of the game, though that wasn't good enough. At least we have Agger returning soon.

What made that even worse is I was watching it with a Chav.

It's only October and there's a long way until May.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #47: Oct 04, 2009 06:09:02 pm
      I don't know if he did but at one point when Terry went over to Drogba on the floor it was as if he said to him "Come on Didier you're making a fool of yourself".

I can't think of a bigger pr**k in world football, and that includes Ronaldo. He's just a F***ing c**t. Doesn't deserve anything he gets.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #48: Oct 04, 2009 06:09:02 pm
      They need to realize.

That's a Liverpool shirt they're playing in.  It's Liverpool Football Club who they play for.

Are some of them fit to wear the shirt?  No, they're F***ing not.  They're just not F***ing arsed.
      Graniti
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #49: Oct 04, 2009 06:09:10 pm
      we are playing with no tactics :S:S  I don't  know  where is the problem ,but  something is going  wrong ,Stevie is  very good   for England but not for LFC ,what is happening :S:S??
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea v Liverpool Match Thread
      Reply #50: Oct 04, 2009 06:09:33 pm
      The score didn't  reflect the game today, both teams had their chances, and they took theirs unfortunately. Lets look forward to the next one, heads up lads and ladies there is a long way to go.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea v Liverpool Match Thread
      Reply #51: Oct 04, 2009 06:09:38 pm
      All those crosses from the wings, is that all we do in training??? No attempt to penetrate their defence until benayoun came on, our tactics are so predictable and we gave them too much respect until we are 2 goals down. marking is horrible, we are always 2 yards away when they got the ball, if we had marked them tighter it wiould have been a different outcome.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: Post match frustration
      Reply #52: Oct 04, 2009 06:11:07 pm
      we are playing with no tactics :S:S  I don't  know  where is the problem ,but  something is going  wrong ,Stevie is  very good   for England but not for LFC ,what is happening :S:S??

Good for England but not for LFC? Do some research and come back.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Oct 04, 2009 06:11:25 pm
      I didn't think we played that bad, thought we were the better side. Thought Masch and Skrtel were outstanding, I thought Johnson had a good game defensively.

Thought Gerrard, Lucas and Riera were poor today. Thought we looked much better when we when Gerrard went back into midfield should have started like that. It wasn't Torres day but the service wasn't great. Carragher really can't handle that cheat Drogba.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #54: Oct 04, 2009 06:12:18 pm
      They need to realize.

That's a Liverpool shirt they're playing in.  It's Liverpool Football Club who they play for.

Are some of them fit to wear the shirt?  No, they're f**king not.  They're just not f**king arsed.

Agree mate F***ing shocking isnt it?

Made me furious seeing Gerrard jogg around comfortably when 1-0 down no F***ing urgency no leadership
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #55: Oct 04, 2009 06:12:39 pm
      gerrard needs to get going this season seriously his performances haven't been good enough.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #56: Oct 04, 2009 06:12:56 pm
      It's a weird thing isn't it football.

Everything looked comfortable and then one loss of the ball meant a goal conceded.

Just think how little minor details can affect things so hugely - if Mascherano had passed the ball back/to the side or even hoofed it instead of trying to run with it we could have had a result.

2-0 was very complementary to Chelsea, and I have no idea how they managed to get that second goal in.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #57: Oct 04, 2009 06:14:25 pm
      Disappointing, especially given our bright start.

Torres and Gerrard were un-characteristically poor and we've now got our work cut out.

Must do better.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #58: Oct 04, 2009 06:14:34 pm
      I think the team were content for a draw to be honest because after half time it would have been a good time to come out fighting but it was only really when they got the opening goal that we really started to push forward with some intent.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #59: Oct 04, 2009 06:14:38 pm
      At the moment all I can say is:

:'(

More later.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #60: Oct 04, 2009 06:14:45 pm
      Garragher, Gerrard and torres not on form, yossi should have played, We need shooting practice me thinks.

Yes, yes, yes, intensive shooting practice pls, particularly for Kuyt and the whole team.
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #61: Oct 04, 2009 06:16:14 pm
      Very bad game from liverpool , a lot disappointed from Stevie and Fernando. off to the pub !!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #62: Oct 04, 2009 06:16:21 pm
      Come on, someone go into the results comparison thread and make us all feel a bit better about the loss?
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #63: Oct 04, 2009 06:16:41 pm
      tactics were pathetic. play was not so bad with skrtel and mascherano the bright spots.
      on the other hand, i just dont know what our players are doing on thetraining ground. i mean just look at our corners and our crosses for example. utter sh*te!! our corners dont clear the first man. our crosses are never on target. our passing is worse than that of 5-year olds playing in the park, nothing is going right at the moment.
      need to get a grip on ourselves. there are important games ahead. after all these losses the last thing any one of us would want to see is losing to manure at home.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #64: Oct 04, 2009 06:17:10 pm
      I'm so f**king angry.I thaught we done ok. I would love to see drogba break both legs and never play again. He's a cheating tw*t.

Agreed 110%. Coming soon, next change.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #65: Oct 04, 2009 06:17:25 pm
      It's a weird thing isn't it football.

Everything looked comfortable and then one loss of the ball meant a goal conceded.

Just think how little minor details can affect things so hugely - if Mascherano had passed the ball back/to the side or even hoofed it instead of trying to run with it we could have had a result.

2-0 was very complementary to Chelsea, and I have no idea how they managed to get that second goal in.

The little things certainly do make a huge difference when you're playing a side as good as Chelsea (because let's face it, they are a decent side).

The goal changed the game. Their defence seemed to just tighten up, even more than it was previously.

As Rafa's just said, we've got to keep going. Bad timing on the International break though. :(
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #66: Oct 04, 2009 06:17:40 pm
      Come on, someone go into the results comparison thread and make us all feel a bit better about the loss?

Minus three points. :(

The fact is we weren't good enough.

Yes Drogba is a c**t for diving like a F***ing fairy, but any other time he was a menace. We failed to take the bull by the horns, yet again. Three losses in eight league games is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #67: Oct 04, 2009 06:20:14 pm
      Minus three points. :(

The fact is we weren't good enough.

Yes Drogba is a c**t for diving like a f**king fairy, but any other time he was a menace. We failed to take the bull by the horns, yet again. Three losses in eight league games is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

As well as the amount of goals in which we have conceded in them 8 games.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #68: Oct 04, 2009 06:22:07 pm
      Obviously a disappointing result and severely lacked cutting edge in final third. Didnt think anybody played particularly badly tho Insua need to learn a few things but he is young. Carra has always struggled drogba. For me Yossi shouldve started with Gerrard in midfield alongside Macherano.

There is no need for over reaction. One bad a week doesnt make a bad season but we do need to improve.

Quick Reply