Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match today?

Lucas Leiva
      (13.1%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (21.3%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (50.8%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (14.8%)

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: Post match frustration

Read 34962 times
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: Post match frustration
      Reply #69: Oct 04, 2009 06:22:11 pm
      I'd actually say Torres was the worst player :/
      He rarely had the ball and when he did, he lost it. He dosn't offer anywhere near as much as Drogba
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #70: Oct 04, 2009 06:22:32 pm
      The fa seriously need to sort drogba out. I can't calm down I've just had to go on the punch bag.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #71: Oct 04, 2009 06:22:52 pm
      I'm sorry but Torres hasn't been anywhere near Drogba's performance today
      Poor performance , Riera was poor, Torres wasn't good at all

I hope your joking. You want Torres diving on the floor every time he breaks a F***ing nail? Torres may not have had the best game, but at least he came away with a bit of dignity in fair play. Never, ever, compare the performance of Torres and Drogba.

As for the match? Well put it this way, Chelsea had 2 or 3 quality chances, Liverpool had 2 or 3 quality chances. Chelsea took 2 of them, Liverpool fluffed both. It was just one of those days. All you complaining about one or two players take a second look. The whole team bar a couple who had decent performances (Masch, besides that one mistake) were poor. You can't go picking out Gerrard, Torres etc just because they are the ones you expect to play well every game. They can't perform like champions when the team around them is lackluster, it just can't be done. Take a deep breath, look at the performance as a whole. We just lacked that extra 10%. Not far off where Chelsea were, and after the frailties we have shown this season it could have been alot worse.
      Still gutted, but look at it rationally. We just don't have the resources as a club to compete at the moment, and thus all this anger should be directed against you know who!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #72: Oct 04, 2009 06:23:20 pm
      Bad day at the office but dont give up an the lads!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #73: Oct 04, 2009 06:23:37 pm
      I thought Rafa set his team up to get a point today, which was very dissapointing.

Yes the game was very tight and they took their chances but I feel if we wet after them we could have got the win today.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #74: Oct 04, 2009 06:23:56 pm
      No need to panic, the title wasn't lost or won on the basis of today. I do think that Rafa needs to look at the way Carra has been made sh*t of by Drogba and we could see from the start that Chelsea targeted that area of our defense, I think Agger would have coped better but maybe wasn't worth the risk... Also Lucas needs more time he is too young and doesn't have the skill to start a dangerous attack from nothing like Alonso last year, I also don't think he has the presence of Alonso... Hopefully Alberto can come in be the creative midfielder we lack... If not well then we will struggle in breaking down top teams in England and Europe until we get one... :f_tongueincheek:
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #75: Oct 04, 2009 06:24:56 pm
      Agree mate F***ing shocking isnt it?

Made me furious seeing Gerrard jogg around comfortably when 1-0 down no F***ing urgency no leadership

I think Gerrard's ego has took over his football unfortunately.  He's a world class player, one of the best in Liverpool's history, I just hope for us and the lad that those days haven't left him.  He hasn't been the same since 2006.

It's a weird thing isn't it football.

Everything looked comfortable and then one loss of the ball meant a goal conceded.

Just think how little minor details can affect things so hugely - if Mascherano had passed the ball back/to the side or even hoofed it instead of trying to run with it we could have had a result.

2-0 was very complementary to Chelsea, and I have no idea how they managed to get that second goal in.

I agree totally Ross.  It's like before they scored their second, Benayoun had a chance to take the shot, and took the extra touch (as usual).  

With Torres too, about 4 clear cut chances there for fucks sake.  I don't know where his head was today - after scoring a hat trick last week he looked scared infront of goal.

But sometimes, I've left myself wondering, why do I bother?  If the club doesn't want it enough as you do?  I think a change of direction somewhere is in order.  It's easy to blame the Yanks but at the end of the day our lads are 'professional' footballers who should be doing their jobs.

Disgraceful performance, some of our players need to really look long and hard at themselves in the mirror - including our 'Captain Fantastic'.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #76: Oct 04, 2009 06:26:06 pm
      never thought i'd say this, because i'm quite an optimist, but it really looks tough from here on. winning the league looks a distant dream now. we really need some sort of a mirace to win it this time. i mean 3 losses in 8 games is pathetic!  :mad:  :f_steam:
      and if we keep on playing like this, with our top players underperforming in top games, i'm sure we are in for a rough season. just keeping my fingers crossed now that we bounce back well and good.  :)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #77: Oct 04, 2009 06:26:40 pm
      Not that I'd like to side Torres, he can only be as good if the midfield can feed him the early ball, but alas they can't even string 2 passes together in the final third. And Torres needs to improve on his movement, don't stick to the defenders, let them stick to him to create the space.
      KopFan_fromVN
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #78: Oct 04, 2009 06:26:58 pm
      Still many poor passes (especial from defenders), we almost gave them the ball when they're passing. No blame anyone but fukin poor passes made us worse. How could Torres and other attacking players perform good when we couldnt even pass well? No fukin creativity there. Just crossing from both right then left. No fuking surprise that all of our atts came to nothing. Only Benayoun made some creativity, Riera sucked. We'd better change this sucking attacking tactic, and train hard to pass better.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #79: Oct 04, 2009 06:27:00 pm
      I'd actually say Torres was the worst player :/
      He rarely had the ball and when he did, he lost it. He dosn't offer anywhere near as much as Drogba

At least he's not a horrible, diving, F***ing cheat like Drogba. Hope that Soul Glo chip pan head motherfucking c**t gets run over by a bus.
      LIVERPOOL ROCK BIRDS
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #80: Oct 04, 2009 06:28:09 pm
      grate just bloody grate we need to take these opportunitys and win Its a fU**KING Joke! any how still got man utd and arsenal and a anfield meet with chelsea + champions league still to come so you'll never walk alone
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #81: Oct 04, 2009 06:30:22 pm
      lets laugh at united instead!
      they couldnt beat sunderland at home
      a setback at stamford bridge isnt gonna decide the title, as long as were winning the games we drew last season theres always a chance
      Milestone
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      • Liverpool FC - The only club to watch in England
      Chelsea's Cinderella Story.
      Reply #82: Oct 04, 2009 06:30:30 pm
      Poor result but LFC we are with you all the way. Forever Liverpool !
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #83: Oct 04, 2009 06:31:39 pm
      Why such F***ing downbeat comments we lost 3 games in 8 so F***ing what teams have won leagues from such bad starts and so can F***ing Liverpool... So quit whining about how Torres didn't have a good touch and how Gerrard looks as if his days are gone cause ye are all a bunch of pessimistic pricks and it makes me sick to think we support the same team... In times like these we get behind the team and to the c**t who said why do I bother supporting Liverpool grow a F***ing pair NO 1 IS BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL F.C!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #84: Oct 04, 2009 06:33:28 pm
      As JD said in the earlier thread, we should of started with Yossi, we looked more of a threat with him playing than we did the entire time Riera was on the pitch.

Nando was unlucky with a couple of headers.

Thought we played alright first half and until we conceded, then our heads went a bit, until Rafa made the change and brought Yossi on.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #85: Oct 04, 2009 06:34:31 pm
      Why such F***ing downbeat comments we lost 3 games in 8 so F***ing what teams have won leagues from such bad starts and so can F***ing Liverpool...

Apparently according to Sky hasn't been done since Utd won the league in 67.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #86: Oct 04, 2009 06:35:22 pm
      Ya thats where I got it from and it will be done again by us!!!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #87: Oct 04, 2009 06:35:35 pm
      How many times we got into their box before we were 2 goals down tells us how much we wanted to win the game. Too much respect for their defence and they'll say TQVM after the match.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #88: Oct 04, 2009 06:36:12 pm
      Apparently according to Sky hasn't been done since Utd won the league in 67.

Stats are there to be changed aren't they. ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #89: Oct 04, 2009 06:36:28 pm
      Yeah, surprised Benayoun did not started.

Don't think we played well enough to win and our team lack the hunger and desire. However, the race is not over, it's still possible to lose 3 more games and yet win the league.
      Time to get things sorted next time out, lads.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #90: Oct 04, 2009 06:37:02 pm
      Yossi, although he missed a great chance i think is a contender for our best player. Came on and injected some life into the team and showed why he should have started.

The match is over and done with now and no matter how much we look into it it isn't going to change the result. Have to pick ourselves up and hammer the next team we face ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #91: Oct 04, 2009 06:38:49 pm
      I agree.  Benayoun should of started today, possibly Babel as well as Kuyt was very ineffective today.

I don't know, we need a change with some players, perhaps we need some more flair and drive.

Quick Reply