Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Who do we need to sell in January?

Read 9426 times
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Who do we need to sell in January?
      Oct 08, 2009 12:08:01 pm
      In the January Transfer window, the perfect time to grab some skills....
      Who all you want to sell. In ma personnel opinion we need to sell

Forward :Voronin
      Mid :Reira ,but may be we will loose Masch too..
      Back:Dossenna.

But if we are selling Masch means....Barca will buy him for some 50..
      According to the latest news we have 12 in Hand....
      Quite Handy.....I think we will buy silva and Villa.....Whats your thoughts
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 12:30:03 pm by Reslivo »
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Who all we need to Sell in January
      Reply #1: Oct 08, 2009 12:24:44 pm
      We won't sell Masch in January, not a chance. We won't get Silva or Villa in January either.

I don't want us to let Riera go but Dossena and Voronin hopefully will go. I can see Babel off to Ajax in January on a loan deal.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Oct 08, 2009 12:25:57 pm
      Letting anyone go in January would be just plain stupid irrespective of ability, we need more depth not less.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Oct 08, 2009 12:29:11 pm
      Letting anyone go in January would be just plain stupid irrespective of ability, we need more depth not less.

Well with the 12m we apparently already have and the money generated from these sales, i am hopefull we could bring a players with more ability than these two, mind you in todays expensive market could be a hard job.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Re: Who do we need to sell in January?
      Reply #4: Oct 08, 2009 12:43:40 pm
      No mate...We dont need them..Abt which depth ur telling...We need quality players...
      For that we need to sell some headless boys..only that much i wanted to tell.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 08, 2009 12:49:19 pm
      I think Voronin will go and maybe Dossena as they are defo not in Rafa's plans but other than them i cannot see anybody else leaving.Can not see that generating much more money so it will be interesting to see who Rafa can actually afford.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #6: Oct 08, 2009 12:50:01 pm
      i'll answer this when Gillett have been on his holidays to saudi arabia!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #7: Oct 08, 2009 12:50:39 pm
      Cash in on Riera if we can he has been infective since he came here ,very rarely an end product from him, for a winger i cant remember him putting one decent cross in in the 18 months hes been here, get rid
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #8: Oct 08, 2009 12:53:51 pm
      No mate...We dont need them..Abt which depth ur telling...We need quality players...
      For that we need to sell some headless boys..only that much I wanted to tell.

So how much do you think we would get for Voronin and Dossena - £5m in total, what "quality" is available and for how much?

I agree with the other poster that we need to keep everyone at the moment even as we all know some are not that good.

Im interested in your thoughts of who we could buy though.....
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Oct 08, 2009 12:57:34 pm
      I've said it in a previous post, but here we go again.

If we look sat the squad where have adequate cover, then we could offload some dead wood without seriously harming the depth of the squad.

Left Back Aurelio, Insua and Dossena ... Sell Doss we have adequate cover In Aurelio & Insua ..I'd happily take 4 million

Left Midfield. Riera Benayoun Babel .... Sell Riera he blows too hot and cold and never puts in consistently good performances.. say 10 million for him

Forwards Voronin Babel Ngog Torres Gerrard ... sell Voronin, Babel and Ngog are adequate cover I'd happily take 4 million

Thats a potential 18 million to add to the 12 million being reported Rafa will receive, Then in essence when we bring a real quality player we are only two players shy of what we had but most notably two players who are not going to get a lot of game time in Voronin and Dossena and Riera has quite simply been upgraded.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: Oct 08, 2009 12:58:13 pm
      At the moment, we have to keep everyone. It says Rafa would be given 12M but it's not guaranteed. You know our owners...

I would only consider selling Dossena and Voronin next summer, provided we have a lot of money to bring in better players.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #11: Oct 08, 2009 12:59:52 pm
      Cash in on Riera if we can he has been infective since he came here ,very rarely an end product from him, for a winger I cant remember him putting one decent cross in in the 18 months hes been here, get rid

Ridiculous - I love these posts where fans say just sell him without giving any thought as to the replacement or the discruption / balance of our team etc.

Have you ever noticed that we rarely throw people into the box hence why Riera checks back a lot of the time or would you rather see him cross into empty spaces.

He may not be a top top player but he merits his place for me.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #12: Oct 08, 2009 01:02:37 pm
      Left Midfield. Riera Benayoun Babel .... Sell Riera he blows too hot and cold and never puts in consistently good performances.. say 10 million for him

Thats a potential 18 million to add to the 12 million being reported Rafa will receive, Then in essence when we bring a real quality player we are only two players shy of what we had but most notably two players who are not going to get a lot of game time in Voronin and Dossena and Riera has quite simply been upgraded.

Yeah because Babel doesnt blow hot and cold does he....

Its easy to say get better players but who is available and would be sold at our price...please elaborate.

[/quote]
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #13: Oct 08, 2009 01:03:28 pm
      At the moment, we have to keep everyone. It says Rafa would be given 12M but it's not guaranteed. You know our owners...

I would only consider selling Dossena and Voronin next summer, provided we have a lot of money to bring in better players.

At last a sensible post on this topic.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: Oct 08, 2009 01:08:10 pm

Yeah because Babel doesnt blow hot and cold does he....

Its easy to say get better players but who is available and would be sold at our price...please elaborate.

I see what you mean mate and I agree Babel does blow hot & cold but if you are to sell Babel & keep Riera, then that leaves you shy in the striking department if you were to offload Voronin, see I have thought about this and took into consideration the disruption it could cause to the balance of the squad.. so for me thats the best scenario.

Then for 25/30 million I'd head straight to the Mestalla and say 25/30 million for Mr Silva senoir Llorente ? Bearing in mind Silva would not be cup tied and would be allowed to register for the champions league as he has only played in the Europa League, and I do believe Valencia would deal at that pice and theres your upgrade on Riera leaving you only two players shy of what you originally had, but most notably two players who would not get much game time.  Is that elaboarated enough for you :)
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 01:18:26 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #15: Oct 08, 2009 01:11:05 pm
      Ridiculous - I love these posts where fans say just sell him without giving any thought as to the replacement or the discruption / balance of our team etc.

Have you ever noticed that we rarely throw people into the box hence why Riera checks back a lot of the time or would you rather see him cross into empty spaces.
      He may not be a top top player but he merits his place for me.
      So what do you mean...I cant see riera playing any of the matches....He is having very low attitude too..
      See have players on left...Babel and Benayoun...
      Why cant we buy silva...Or Marcelo is anyway very much better than Reira , I think he can very well link up with insua
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #16: Oct 08, 2009 01:16:12 pm
      we should buy Sol Campbell :P
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #17: Oct 08, 2009 01:17:25 pm
      We cant buy him but we can get him on a free. ;)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #18: Oct 08, 2009 01:18:03 pm
      I see what you mean mate and I agree Babel does blow hot & cold but if you are to sell Babel & keep Riera, then that leaves you shy in the striking department if you were to offload Voronin, see I have though about this and took into consideration the disruption it could cause to the balance of the team.. so for me thats the best scenario.

Then for 25/30 million I'd head straight to the Mestalla and say 25/30 million for Mr Silva senoir, and I do believe Valencia would deal at that pice and theres your upgrade on Riera.  Is that elaboarated enough for you :)

NO..... ;)

What I dont understand is the assumption that these "better" players will sign for us and at the prices we want. Sure I would like to see Silva but instead of Riera not really - as an addition to Riera, Babel, Benayoun, Kuyt yes. I agree about Voronin and Dossena but my point is everyone assumes that a higher level of player is waiting in the wings.

Why sell Babel or Riera, Babel can provide cover up front as you say but could we run a campaign with him as the main striker - none of us know yet. I also think Babel has been playing better on the right hand side rather than central or through the left so why stick him somewehere that isnt beneficial for him or us.

I want to see us add to our squad - trim the crap yes but I dont see the argument about selling Riera or Babel unless it is nailed on a replacement can be found.

« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 01:36:40 pm by crouchinho »
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #19: Oct 08, 2009 01:18:59 pm
      He is now almost started training with Arsenal.
      We have kirgi rite...Thats enough i think...Once Agger is back , we will fly...
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #20: Oct 08, 2009 01:20:20 pm
      I see what you mean mate and I agree Babel does blow hot & cold but if you are to sell Babel & keep Riera, then that leaves you shy in the striking department if you were to offload Voronin, see I have though about this and took into consideration the disruption it could cause to the balance of the team.. so for me thats the best scenario.

Then for 25/30 million I'd head straight to the Mestalla and say 25/30 million for Mr Silva senoir, and I do believe Valencia would deal at that pice and theres your upgrade on Riera.  Is that elaboarated enough for you :)

NO..... ;)

What I dont understand is the assumption that these "better" players will sign for us and at the prices we want. Sure I would like to see Silva but instead of Riera not really - as an addition to Riera, Babel, Benayoun, Kuyt yes. I agree about Voronin and Dossena but my point is everyone assumes that a higher level of player is waiting in the wings.

Why sell Babel or Riera, Babel can provide cover up front as you say but could we run a campaign with him as the main striker - none of us know yet. I also think Babel has been playing better on the right hand side rather than central or through the left so why stick him somewehere that isnt beneficial for him or us.

I want to see us add to our squad - trim the crap yes but I dont see the argument about selling Riera or Babel unless it is nailed on a replacement can be found.

What about Marcelo?
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 01:39:07 pm by crouchinho »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #21: Oct 08, 2009 01:21:21 pm
      So what do you mean...I cant see riera playing any of the matches....He is having very low attitude too..
      See have players on left...Babel and Benayoun...
      Why cant we buy silva...Or Marcelo is anyway very much better than Reira , I think he can very well link up with insua

Mate - get real this isnt football manager where you swap players over. At least think about your replies.

Why cant we sign Messi, Henry, Drogba etc......where have you been all summer.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #22: Oct 08, 2009 01:23:22 pm
      A reality check here, we are not going to get anyone we've heard of this summer. The only way we can strengthen the squad is to bring in establisheed experienced footballers with some skill. Nobody is going to sell anyone like that, not halfway through a season. Just thought I should remind you lot before you get your hopes up. I'm sick of all this fantasy football style buying and selling. Lets get our youth system sorted and lets get them on the pitch. Give ngog and spearing more games. Get the other youth ready for premiership football. Owen and rooney started playing at 17, so did fabregas I think. We need to find talented youths!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #23: Oct 08, 2009 01:28:09 pm
      A reality check here, we are not going to get anyone we've heard of this summer. The only way we can strengthen the squad is to bring in establisheed experienced footballers with some skill. Nobody is going to sell anyone like that, not halfway through a season. Just thought I should remind you lot before you get your hopes up. I'm sick of all this fantasy football style buying and selling. Lets get our youth system sorted and lets get them on the pitch. Give ngog and spearing more games. Get the other youth ready for premiership football. Owen and rooney started playing at 17, so did fabregas I think. We need to find talented youths!

Yes but some posters think we name and a player and hey presto they sign for us.

They get seriously on my tits.

I agree with that mate, but I am of the opinion Valencia would deal at 30 million for Silva and Benayoun and Silva are adequate enough to hold their own on the left hand side with no need for Riera, Kuyt and Babel would handle the right hand side with Babel also providing cover at center forward. Do I believe Silva would sign for us ?, Yes I do, he said himself he would open to a move to England and with teh Spanish contingency here not only in the playing ranks but the coaching staff also it would be the perfect destination for him. Obviously Rafa is not stupid and would sound out any possibility of a deal before selling to buy no ?, after all he's an astute manager who prepares for every eventuallity. 

I hope your right and at least you have thought of the bigger picture.

Sorry if im coming across as an aggressive w@nker but some of the comments on here are so far fetched it drives me mad.
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 01:40:11 pm by crouchinho »
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #24: Oct 08, 2009 01:29:53 pm
      Mate - get real this isnt football manager where you swap players over. At least think about your replies.

Why cant we sign Messi, Henry, Drogba etc......where have you been all summer.

So what does it mean....We dont have to swap....So we cant buy a new player...
      I suggested marcelo and you are just not even looking into that...There are better players than riera...
      I think we can get wingers from brazil..I am not telling for joke...Just look into the facts and return
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #25: Oct 08, 2009 01:30:35 pm
      I suggested marcelo and you are just not even looking into that...There are better players than riera...
      I think we can get wingers from brazil..I am not telling for joke...Just look into the facts and return

Marcelo's a full back isn't he?
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #26: Oct 08, 2009 01:31:26 pm

Sorry if im coming across as an aggressive w@nker but some of the comments on here are so far fetched it drives me mad.

Me too...Am sorry if i am disturbing anybody...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Oct 08, 2009 01:31:48 pm
      Quote from: RedLFCBlood on Today at 01:08:10 PM

Then for 25/30 million I'd head straight to the Mestalla and say 25/30 million for Mr Silva senoir, and I do believe Valencia would deal at that pice and theres your upgrade on Riera.  Is that elaboarated enough for you

Quote from: SM on Today at 01:18:03 PM

NO.....

I agree with that mate, but I am of the opinion Valencia would deal at 30 million for Silva and Benayoun and Silva are adequate enough to hold their own on the left hand side with no need for Riera, Kuyt and Babel would handle the right hand side with Babel also providing cover at center forward. Do I believe Silva would sign for us ?, Yes I do, he said himself he would open to a move to England and with teh Spanish contingency here not only in the playing ranks but the coaching staff also it would be the perfect destination for him. Obviously Rafa is not stupid and would sound out any possibility of a deal before selling to buy no ?, after all he's an astute manager who prepares for every eventuality.  
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2009 01:43:59 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #28: Oct 08, 2009 01:33:13 pm
      Marcelo's a full back isn't he?
      He is now playing as left back....Midfielder transforming to back...
      He started playing as a midfield...You know about Real Midfield rite ??..
      Too thick..He cant fit in..
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #29: Oct 08, 2009 01:33:47 pm
      Theres a long way to go yet before January. Player's like Riera, Babel etc can improve in the meantime.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #30: Oct 08, 2009 01:35:07 pm
      He is now playing as left back....Midfielder transforming to back...
      He started playing as a midfield...You know about Real Midfield rite ??..
      Too thick..He cant fit in..
      Real Madrid? No never heard of them I live on mars you see.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31: Oct 08, 2009 01:36:00 pm

No problem mate, yes I have thought of the bigger picture as a Liverpol fan I just want whats best for the club and there is some areas we could trim without it being detrimental to the squad as a whole, as I said Rafa is a very astute manager and will obviously sound out the possibilities of any deals before selling players to fund his move as he is not going to sell himself short, how ever I do feel he has an opportunity to bring a great player in if he looks at the squad as a whole and where we have adequate cover, even if he was only to sell Doss and Voronin what ever monies he receives would add to teh 12 million and make his potential target that little bit better. :)
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #32: Oct 08, 2009 01:36:38 pm
      Real Madrid? No never heard of them I live on mars you see.
      Sorry
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #33: Oct 08, 2009 01:36:52 pm
      Players I can see on the cheap:

Javier Saviola

Riquelmia

Joquian

Simao
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #34: Oct 08, 2009 01:37:33 pm

Wingers from Brazil - Yeah hang on I will LOOK into those facts and here my return:

Give up mate - you clearly do not have a clue about football.

Of course there are better players than Riera but we dont have the funds to buy them or they are not available.

And by the way your one of the posters that drive me nuts spouting sh1te without any reason. My reply earlier was to RedLFCBlood who made some valid points.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 08, 2009 01:42:53 pm
      Wingers from Brazil - Yeah hang on I will LOOK into those facts and here my return:

Ya may be you are right....But i am not going to give up..
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #36: Oct 08, 2009 01:47:06 pm

Of course there are better players than Riera but we dont have the funds to buy them or they are not available.

And by the way your one of the posters that drive me nuts spouting sh1te without any reason. My reply earlier was to RedLFCBlood who made some valid points.

Come on SM go easy on the lad will you. He obviously doesn't have the best English and is struggling to get his points across.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #37: Oct 08, 2009 01:47:53 pm
      Just delete what you dont need from their message from inside the quote marks. Type in what you want, after the quote mark. Your probably deleting the  bit I mentioned earlier which is why its turning out like that.

Thanks mate - thats exactly what I did...will give it a go.
      bmorelfc
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #38: Oct 08, 2009 01:48:02 pm
      I agree the youth system needs some serious work, these guys need playing time.... here is a wacky Idea, if we need a winger/mid fielder in Jan, why not bring a proven USA player in Landon Donovon on a loan deal from the MLS since it is then end of the season, he is tearing it up, can provide cover and is a work horse give him a shot it does not cost anything really just an idea... he can play that attacking mid role and he is good at it he played very well against Spain and Brazil two of the best National teams in the world!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #39: Oct 08, 2009 01:50:04 pm
      Come on SM go easy on the lad will you. He obviously doesn't have the best English and is struggling to get his points across.

I dont have a problem with his english - mines not that great either... :)

Its the "have you heard of Real Midfield" gag and all that stuff.

He is having a wind up and yep it worked on me. If he is a genuine poster he would know that anyone who follows football have heard of Real Madrid or Real Midfield as he likes to say.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Oct 08, 2009 01:53:17 pm
      Guys, clean up your posts. I've had to sort it out on this thread alone and i don't want to keep doing it when i log on.

On topic, i don't expect to see anyone exciting come through the doors. I equally don't see plenty leaving.

If i had my way i would let Riera and Dossena go. We have enough cover for each position if we can manage to get someone else on the left who has natural ability. That would leave Babel/Kuyt on the right and Benayoun/new signing on the left.

I can't think of any players who should come in for that role who would be affordable and available for the Champions League, also. Always liked Diego Capel from Sevilla, i think he's quality. Affordable though? Doubtful.

I wouldn't want to shake things up too much halfway through the season but some reinforcements would be nice.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 134 posts |
      Reply #41: Oct 08, 2009 01:57:24 pm

He is having a wind up and yep it worked on me. If he is a genuine poster he would know that anyone who follows football have heard of Real Madrid or Real Midfield as he likes to say.

What do you mean by a genuine poster.I think the count starts form 0 only.
      I am a Liverpool fan and first time am having my words in a forum.
      Anyway am really sorry , if i disturbed anybody.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #42: Oct 08, 2009 01:58:40 pm
      I agree the youth system needs some serious work, these guys need playing time.... here is a wacky Idea, if we need a winger/mid fielder in Jan, why not bring a proven USA player in Landon Donovon on a loan deal from the MLS since it is then end of the season, he is tearing it up, can provide cover and is a work horse give him a shot it does not cost anything really just an idea... he can play that attacking mid role and he is good at it he played very well against Spain and Brazil two of the best National teams in the world!
      Donovans a good idea. Guys a good footballer, and people might confuse him with Iniesta and run away :P
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #43: Oct 08, 2009 02:00:35 pm

I dunno SM. I can't believe you haven't heard of Real Midfield! ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #44: Oct 08, 2009 02:05:15 pm
      I dunno SM. I can't believe you haven't heard of Real Midfield! ;)

Isn't that where Xabi Alonso is currently plying his sublime passing ability ?

Back on Topic...

If Rafa chooses to flog any one in January to add to his existing budget, lets just all cross our fingers he brings in some one who is of the quality to make a place in the Starting XI his own, no squad players please Rafa.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Oct 08, 2009 02:07:11 pm
      Ya I agree with one of the earlier posts if Gillette has a successful holiday in Saudi we might be finally be able to compete in the transfer market in January without selling.

There is talks if the American owners are there in January we will have £12 million to spend I'd say that is irrelevant if we sell or not I'd say if we sell the money will just be swallowed up and we will hear it is for wages.
      bmorelfc
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #46: Oct 08, 2009 02:09:24 pm
      HAHA thats funny, I think one of the main assets that he has is his fitness, pace it would be quite nice to push Kuyt forward with Torres and play him as a winger type role, he can also track back quite well and defend..
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #47: Oct 08, 2009 02:11:39 pm
      Lucas
      Babel
      Dossenna
      Voronin

Don't rate any of these players but they must be worth something.
      Sell off the four of them and we could buy someone with a bit of quality.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #48: Oct 08, 2009 02:49:38 pm

I thought this when we sold keane in January too
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #49: Oct 08, 2009 02:59:57 pm
      If Mascha goes so do any title hopes, he for me along with Gerrard and Torres is first on the team sheet, he's that important to us. Same in the Summer window, you talk of 50mill and it's my belief that to replace him would cost more than we could get for him.....
      bmorelfc
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #50: Oct 08, 2009 03:03:54 pm
      Agree he has no price tag, unless its an even trade ...
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #51: Oct 08, 2009 03:15:16 pm
      Agree he has no price tag, unless its an even trade ...

Perhaps Rafa could pull off the Jose Mourinho trick of £50m plus Yaya Toure - I would go for that :)
      LOOPREVIL
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #52: Oct 08, 2009 07:22:07 pm
      Babel surely needs to be sold. Also Lucas, Voronin and Dosenna.

We need some good MF's & central DF's, but Ayala is good enough. He needs to be exposed rather than Skrtel, who is playing rubbish.
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2009 04:39:39 am by crouchinho »
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #53: Oct 08, 2009 07:54:32 pm
      BABEL surely need to SALE....,veronin,....
      err Why do we surely have to sale Babel? and what bout that verorin, is he a player from our academies? never heard of him
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #54: Oct 08, 2009 09:36:34 pm
      We can't sell anyone and if Masch goes it will be in the summer and Rafa must get Yaya + at least 10 million in exchange because he is on the same level as Masch...
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #55: Oct 08, 2009 09:59:26 pm
      Hello, i'm new here but these are my feelings about the sales we need to do:

Dossena: If we could get 5m for him i would sell in heartbeat, he's provided us with some goals but that's it. He's not good enough! Aureillio and Insua are good enough for the position.

Degen: If we could get 3m for him i would sell as well. He's shown he's ok but he's older then johnson i think and we have martin kelly to step up and be back up, so why keep him? No point sell him.

Voronin: If we could get 6m or 4m i would sell. He's done fine for now but he's 30 and we have N'gog and Babel who are adequate back-up for Torres. And Nemeth next year.

Possiblity:

Riera: He's shown he can be top class on his day such as when he played against Villa last season. I do believe he is tired because of the Confed cup and is still finding his feat. But if we get a younger LW to buy then i would sell him. Benayouns nearly 30. Reira's 27 we need someone who's 21 or something.

For me Babel and Lucas shouldn't be sold. There only 22 and can improve. Lucas is improving all the time and is a perfect squad player who has potential to be a handy player in the forthcoming seasons. Babel is much better RW and he has shown desire to play. He's also a good back-up for Torres. These 2 should stay we need to keep mostly the same players.

Who ever we buy it needs to be quality. One player i would love to see at Liverpool who has shown interest in moving away from Real Madrid and is young still is Higuain. He can cover for Torres and Gerrard. He would be a real asset to have. He could also be second striker he links up really good. And say Torres and Gerrard get injured Aquilani could play CAM and Higuain could play ST. Just my thoughts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #56: Oct 08, 2009 10:00:28 pm
      To be honest i doubt anyone will be sold in the winter, maybe a few reserve players will go out on loan but that's all.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #57: Oct 08, 2009 10:12:33 pm
      Why sell anyone at the moment no one is our and two are due back, if we keep it like this we need sell no one, Voronin who hasn't been tested fully since his return, when he's been involved he's done well.

Babel just now seems to have found some form and to let him go in Jan may hurt us in the seasons run in.

Riera is a class player who hasn't hit the heights of the last run in yet, he will and he is another whom has more in his locker.

Dossena hasn't played this season mainly because of one young Emilio, he will be needed before the end, although in a way I hope Insua finds even more, that way the full back spot is his. So why sell anyone....
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #58: Oct 08, 2009 10:32:30 pm
      I completely agree! We should be adding depth to our squad and adding players and not selling them but the formality is we have to sell to buy until we get new owners or the owners fork out some more money. We're not that fare off a quality squad. The Mancs in the future will be weakened with Scholes and Giggs retiring and there financial state isn't that great. I would love to see some youth get in and next season would like Nemeth to show us if he's going to take time to adapt to the PL. Has Nemeth even played in the PL?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #59: Oct 08, 2009 10:40:15 pm
      Hello, i'm new here but these are my feelings about the sales we need to do:

Dossena: If we could get 5m for him i would sell in heartbeat, he's provided us with some goals but that's it. He's not good enough! Aureillio and Insua are good enough for the position.

Degen: If we could get 3m for him i would sell as well. He's shown he's ok but he's older then johnson i think and we have martin kelly to step up and be back up, so why keep him? No point sell him.

Voronin: If we could get 6m or 4m i would sell. He's done fine for now but he's 30 and we have N'gog and Babel who are adequate back-up for Torres. And Nemeth next year.

Possiblity:

Riera: He's shown he can be top class on his day such as when he played against Villa last season. I do believe he is tired because of the Confed cup and is still finding his feat. But if we get a younger LW to buy then i would sell him. Benayouns nearly 30. Reira's 27 we need someone who's 21 or something.

For me Babel and Lucas shouldn't be sold. There only 22 and can improve. Lucas is improving all the time and is a perfect squad player who has potential to be a handy player in the forthcoming seasons. Babel is much better RW and he has shown desire to play. He's also a good back-up for Torres. These 2 should stay we need to keep mostly the same players.

Who ever we buy it needs to be quality. One player i would love to see at Liverpool who has shown interest in moving away from Real Madrid and is young still is Higuain. He can cover for Torres and Gerrard. He would be a real asset to have. He could also be second striker he links up really good. And say Torres and Gerrard get injured Aquilani could play CAM and Higuain could play ST. Just my thoughts.

Welcome to the forum Tim. Good first post.

Totally agree regarding Dossena and Degen. I think they're the only two who could realistically leave in January. Not to say I think they will though.

The left back spot is just about covered (if you take into consideration Aurelio's injury rate). And the right back position is not so covered but as you say, there's always Kelly. In any case, Agger should hopefully be back very soon and I wouldn't be surprised to see a three at the back with Insua and Johnson helping out if needs be. You just never know with Rafa.

Voronin I think needs to stay for now. We're far too short for reliability up front, so we need options there at least. Might not be reliable but it's best to keep options for attack. Even though I don't think we've got enough!

If it was up to me though, I'd get shut of Riera. In a flash. All he brings is laziness to the table. With the odd flash of trickery when he can be arsed.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #60: Oct 08, 2009 10:46:21 pm
      Welcome to the forum Tim. Good first post.

Totally agree regarding Dossena and Degen. I think they're the only two who could realistically leave in January. Not to say I think they will though.

The left back spot is just about covered (if you take into consideration Aurelio's injury rate). And the right back position is not so covered but as you say, there's always Kelly. In any case, Agger should hopefully be back very soon and I wouldn't be surprised to see a three at the back with Insua and Johnson helping out if needs be. You just never know with Rafa.

Voronin I think needs to stay for now. We're far too short for reliability up front, so we need options there at least. Might not be reliable but it's best to keep options for attack. Even though I don't think we've got enough!

If it was up to me though, I'd get shut of Riera. In a flash. All he brings is laziness to the table. With the odd flash of trickery when he can be arsed.

For me Riera isn't lazy it's just he's not used to playing 90 minutes games he is getting better it'll take time. Reira might be still adapting to PL, not many players take the Torres route hitting the floor running though i do wish that's exactly what Aquilani will do. Voronin i agree keep him, he's played good and intelligently so far from what i've seen. I do believe N'gog could be quite useful in the future especially as he is improving a lot.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #61: Oct 08, 2009 10:48:47 pm
      For me Riera isn't lazy it's just he's not used to playing 90 minutes games he is getting better it'll take time. Reira might be still adapting to PL, not many players take the Torres route hitting the floor running though i do wish that's exactly what Aquilani will do. Voronin i agree keep him, he's played good and intelligently so far from what i've seen. I do believe N'gog could be quite useful in the future especially as he is improving a lot.

I've seen enough of him to make my mind up mate. Just my opinion though. I'm pretty sure Rafa won't be getting rid of Riera this January.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #62: Oct 08, 2009 11:09:31 pm
      We don't need to sell anybody as I'd be surprised if even the bread we bring in from sales will be allowed to be spent on new players.

However there's a (long) list of players I'd be happy to see the back of come the window.

Intandje - he's loaned out right now isn't he? Either way we should just sell him to whichever poor team has taken him on loan.
      David Martin - I like him and I think he's in our Champions League squad but the truth is he's never gonna be a regular at this club.
      Degen - what a poor excuse of a player.
      Dossena - said he was sh*t from his first pre-season games, haven't seen anything to make me change me mind.
      Threlfall - although we went to same school, Frelly is never gonna be our number one (or two for that matter) left back so maybe time to just sell him off for good to a lower league side like we did with Anderson, Hammill and Hobbs.
      El Zhar - again like Martin, I like him as a player but I don't see him replacing Kuyt on the right wing anytime soon and with Yossi as cover I don't see him playing at all, one of the few who could fetch in a few million from some sh*t French side.
      Plessis - long way down the pecking order and what I have seen of him, he doesn't fill me with great confidence and although that match against Arsenal a few seasons back was top notch, he hasn't kicked on enough.
      Riera - liability of a player and the quicker he's sold the happier I'd be.
      Babel - just not good enough for me and after hearing he's only performing to get back into the Dutch squad then he can F***ing do one to Juice FM on a permanent basis.
      Voronin - not good enough, not even as a player to sit on the bench. A centre forward is marked on their goals and he doesn't get enough.

Now I'm not saying flog all in the winter, but if any of them went I wouldn't be losing too much sleep over it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #63: Oct 08, 2009 11:23:41 pm
      Exactly what DLS said.

But IMO, Riera,Voronin and Babel are okay players at the moment. I would only flog them if we can get a quality replacement of their positions e.g. David Silva and David Villa.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #64: Oct 09, 2009 08:44:33 am
      I thought this when we sold keane in January too
      Torres was pretty much over his injuries by then so we didn't miss him we sell Voronin and Torres stays fit and injury free he'll be no loss but if for one reason on another Torres is out and we've sold Voronin would you trust Babel, N'gog and Kuyt to do a good job? (I would like to point out I'm not having a go at anyone I just don't think that they would be either effective enough in that position or in N'gog's case possibly not ready yet)
      N1ce
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #65: Oct 10, 2009 03:43:08 pm
       How about David Beckham ?  :D Bring him back to England, he will take corner instead of Gerrard, and his cross could benefit Torres's aerial ability.
       MU bought Owen, so we should just buy Beckham also   :lmao:
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #66: Oct 10, 2009 03:46:17 pm

I'm going to stick my neck out and say this isn't a bad suggestion.

Ok so he's knocking on a bit but his fitness is top notch and his range of passing is still second to none.

His dead ball ability also speaks for itself.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #67: Oct 10, 2009 03:58:41 pm
      I can see no one leaving bar Voronin or Doss. As for people coming in... Not sure, maybe another striker for cover.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #68: Oct 10, 2009 04:03:24 pm
      err Why do we surely have to sale Babel? and what bout that verorin, is he a player from our academies? never heard of him

Becos Babel runs owt ov road and krashes in2 peeple.

Veronica scores good gols in Tooloose. Serves with the Werder Bremen tank division.

(Mee left skool at 3 and nevr lookd bak )
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #69: Oct 10, 2009 04:08:20 pm
      I'll answer this when Gillett have been on his holidays to saudi arabia!!!!!!!!!!!!

ditto
      djandyl
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #70: Oct 11, 2009 02:22:40 pm
      I'd really hate to see who goes?!? The way the yanks are going were gonna end up like portsmouth!!
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #71: Oct 11, 2009 04:47:38 pm
      If money was no object -

Dossena - easily our poorest player.
      Voronin - sell him to a German team - he always does well there.
      Lucas - does not fill the boots of Alonso and we need a player of that quality in midfield.
      Riera - flatters to deceive, occasional fancy trick hides generally doing F**k all.
      Babel - see Riera.

Sell that lot for around 300 million and buy a good DM (to fit Rafa's 2 holding midfielders) , a proper left winger and another striker to back up Torres.

That'll do me.

Oh, and build the F***ing stadium with the profits.   ;)

barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #72: Oct 11, 2009 05:00:25 pm
      Voronim and Babel to go, surely there are some better strikers out there to offer support for Torres.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #73: Oct 11, 2009 05:11:03 pm
      If money was no object -

Dossena - easily our poorest player.
      Voronin - sell him to a German team - he always does well there.
      Lucas - does not fill the boots of Alonso and we need a player of that quality in midfield.
      Riera - flatters to deceive, occasional fancy trick hides generally doing f**k all.
      Babel - see Riera.

Sell that lot for around 300 million and buy a good DM (to fit Rafa's 2 holding midfielders) , a proper left winger and another striker to back up Torres.

That'll do me.

Oh, and build the f**king stadium with the profits.   ;)

300 million are you having a laugh.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #74: Oct 11, 2009 05:38:42 pm
      Sell Dossena and Voronin - would get around 8-12m for both I would imagine.

If that happens I'm sure Rafa will try and bringing in another striker, who though......I got no idea
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #75: Oct 11, 2009 05:46:29 pm
      300 million are you having a laugh.

BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #76: Oct 11, 2009 06:29:46 pm
      Hehehehe....

Sarcasm seems to be lost on some people ;)
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #77: Oct 11, 2009 06:32:55 pm
      Hehehehe....

Sarcasm seems to be lost on some people ;)
      I did think he was being sarcastic but was just checking.
      bmorelfc
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #78: Oct 13, 2009 02:28:05 pm
      Stuart Holden or Landon Donovan, both are good wingers, Holden is young, and has a UK passport (Dads from Scotland) he is quick fit and has a sick cross, Landon is very similar, both would be cheap options and add cover... both are international players, the only reason I would go with Holden is because of the price tag and the passport and age
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #79: Oct 13, 2009 04:18:24 pm
      I'm going to stick my neck out and say this isn't a bad suggestion.

Ok so he's knocking on a bit but his fitness is top notch and his range of passing is still second to none.

His dead ball ability also speaks for itself.

Said exactly the same myself in the summer window, I also mentioned Viera to add some quality and depth to our squad and maybe do a Gary Mac, alas he's going to Arsenal, but I would not Complain if Beckham came even if just to rub the Manc's noses in it :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #80: Oct 13, 2009 05:14:51 pm
      If you ask me, we need to keep the players we have at the moment. It's not what we want but it's probably the only choice we have unless we have 50 million to spend in January.

There's no point is saying 'Sell Voronin, Babel, Riera and Dossena for 15 million and buy another player'. Mainly because we're gonna to lose four players to get one. I know, most of us wouldn't cry if four of them left but they're the only covers we have at the moment.

However, I'd listen to offers for them, especially Dossena and Voronin next summer.
      stevieg86
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #81: Oct 13, 2009 05:19:56 pm
      Surely it should be who should we buy not who should we sell? Sums up our mentality at the moment.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #82: Oct 14, 2009 09:37:06 am

There's no point is saying 'Sell Voronin, Babel, Riera and Dossena for 15 million and buy another player'.

I thought about this a lot and took into consideration the 12 million or so it was reported we would receive in January.

I would not sell Babel as at the moment he could provide cover on the right hand side and as back up striker.

Riera I'd offload for 10 million

Dossena I'd offload for 4 million

Voronin I'd offload for 4 million

Add that to the 12 million we are supposedly receiving thats 30 million.

Buy a wide left player to replace Riera ala David Silva or some one of his quality.

Dossena would not be missed as we have Aurelio and Insua in that position.

Voronin would not really be missed as we have Babel N'Gog Torres and Gerrard in that position and he's hardly a massive goal threat is he ?

So in theory you are selling two players where you have adequate cover who in all fairness won't get much game time or be hugely missed, then when it comes to Riera all you are doing is upgrading him for a better player.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #83: Oct 14, 2009 09:46:18 am
      I don't believe in this 12m figure. Since when did Rafa have a figure to work with? And since when has anyone from the club mentioned a figure at all?

Doss, Riera and Voronin are the only ones i'd listen to for offers.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #84: Oct 14, 2009 10:07:37 am
      Voronin and dossena combined for 6-8 mil plus the 12 mil transfer budget thats about 20 mil... Is that not enough to get two quality players?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #85: Oct 14, 2009 10:31:23 am
      Voronin and dossena combined for 6-8 mil plus the 12 mil transfer budget thats about 20 mil... Is that not enough to get two quality players?

That's presuming Rafa gets £12 million to spend!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #86: Oct 14, 2009 11:36:25 am

Good.

Sell the lot.
      Sell Anfield for developement.
      Look down our sofas for any small change.

When and if enough ...then pay off the Yanks.

Buy some old transit fans and ferry everyone to Valerie Park Prescot .

Simples.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #87: Oct 14, 2009 10:17:15 pm
      There's been a lot of talk about offloading riera. Why Riera, IMO he's been brilliant since he arrived. I think sell Dossena and Voronin - that's all. Insua should play left back while Aurelio Left mid.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #88: Oct 14, 2009 10:46:55 pm
      Hicks and Gillett sold first.

After that - I don't think we're in any position to deplete our squad any further.  Sure - if somebody wants to give us a fair few million for Babel he can go. Voronin is also surplus to requirements.  Degen - Donate him to medical science?

I'm more interested in us bringing in a couple of players who will tilt us the title - the kind of Ronny Rosenthal/David Speedie buy that did the jobs all those years ago.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3861 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #89: Oct 14, 2009 10:51:31 pm
      Sell Torres and Gerrard. Buy Tranmere. Rename it Liverpool B and get Rafa the proper way to bring on the young players.
      Plus when the first team goes bust we might have a good young team playing attractive football >:D

Oh wait, this isnt the knee jerk thread.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2009 06:30:41 am by crouchinho »

Quick Reply