Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Who do we need to sell in January?

Read 9466 times
      bmorelfc
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Re: Who do we need to sell in January?
      Reply #46: Oct 08, 2009 02:09:24 pm
      HAHA thats funny, I think one of the main assets that he has is his fitness, pace it would be quite nice to push Kuyt forward with Torres and play him as a winger type role, he can also track back quite well and defend..
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #47: Oct 08, 2009 02:11:39 pm
      Lucas
      Babel
      Dossenna
      Voronin

Don't rate any of these players but they must be worth something.
      Sell off the four of them and we could buy someone with a bit of quality.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #48: Oct 08, 2009 02:49:38 pm
      Letting anyone go in January would be just plain stupid irrespective of ability, we need more depth not less.

I thought this when we sold keane in January too
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #49: Oct 08, 2009 02:59:57 pm
      If Mascha goes so do any title hopes, he for me along with Gerrard and Torres is first on the team sheet, he's that important to us. Same in the Summer window, you talk of 50mill and it's my belief that to replace him would cost more than we could get for him.....
      bmorelfc
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #50: Oct 08, 2009 03:03:54 pm
      Agree he has no price tag, unless its an even trade ...
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #51: Oct 08, 2009 03:15:16 pm
      Agree he has no price tag, unless its an even trade ...

Perhaps Rafa could pull off the Jose Mourinho trick of £50m plus Yaya Toure - I would go for that :)
      LOOPREVIL
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #52: Oct 08, 2009 07:22:07 pm
      Babel surely needs to be sold. Also Lucas, Voronin and Dosenna.

We need some good MF's & central DF's, but Ayala is good enough. He needs to be exposed rather than Skrtel, who is playing rubbish.
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2009 04:39:39 am by crouchinho »
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #53: Oct 08, 2009 07:54:32 pm
      BABEL surely need to SALE....,veronin,....
      err Why do we surely have to sale Babel? and what bout that verorin, is he a player from our academies? never heard of him
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #54: Oct 08, 2009 09:36:34 pm
      We can't sell anyone and if Masch goes it will be in the summer and Rafa must get Yaya + at least 10 million in exchange because he is on the same level as Masch...
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #55: Oct 08, 2009 09:59:26 pm
      Hello, i'm new here but these are my feelings about the sales we need to do:

Dossena: If we could get 5m for him i would sell in heartbeat, he's provided us with some goals but that's it. He's not good enough! Aureillio and Insua are good enough for the position.

Degen: If we could get 3m for him i would sell as well. He's shown he's ok but he's older then johnson i think and we have martin kelly to step up and be back up, so why keep him? No point sell him.

Voronin: If we could get 6m or 4m i would sell. He's done fine for now but he's 30 and we have N'gog and Babel who are adequate back-up for Torres. And Nemeth next year.

Possiblity:

Riera: He's shown he can be top class on his day such as when he played against Villa last season. I do believe he is tired because of the Confed cup and is still finding his feat. But if we get a younger LW to buy then i would sell him. Benayouns nearly 30. Reira's 27 we need someone who's 21 or something.

For me Babel and Lucas shouldn't be sold. There only 22 and can improve. Lucas is improving all the time and is a perfect squad player who has potential to be a handy player in the forthcoming seasons. Babel is much better RW and he has shown desire to play. He's also a good back-up for Torres. These 2 should stay we need to keep mostly the same players.

Who ever we buy it needs to be quality. One player i would love to see at Liverpool who has shown interest in moving away from Real Madrid and is young still is Higuain. He can cover for Torres and Gerrard. He would be a real asset to have. He could also be second striker he links up really good. And say Torres and Gerrard get injured Aquilani could play CAM and Higuain could play ST. Just my thoughts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #56: Oct 08, 2009 10:00:28 pm
      To be honest i doubt anyone will be sold in the winter, maybe a few reserve players will go out on loan but that's all.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #57: Oct 08, 2009 10:12:33 pm
      Why sell anyone at the moment no one is our and two are due back, if we keep it like this we need sell no one, Voronin who hasn't been tested fully since his return, when he's been involved he's done well.

Babel just now seems to have found some form and to let him go in Jan may hurt us in the seasons run in.

Riera is a class player who hasn't hit the heights of the last run in yet, he will and he is another whom has more in his locker.

Dossena hasn't played this season mainly because of one young Emilio, he will be needed before the end, although in a way I hope Insua finds even more, that way the full back spot is his. So why sell anyone....
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #58: Oct 08, 2009 10:32:30 pm
      I completely agree! We should be adding depth to our squad and adding players and not selling them but the formality is we have to sell to buy until we get new owners or the owners fork out some more money. We're not that fare off a quality squad. The Mancs in the future will be weakened with Scholes and Giggs retiring and there financial state isn't that great. I would love to see some youth get in and next season would like Nemeth to show us if he's going to take time to adapt to the PL. Has Nemeth even played in the PL?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #59: Oct 08, 2009 10:40:15 pm
      Hello, i'm new here but these are my feelings about the sales we need to do:

Dossena: If we could get 5m for him i would sell in heartbeat, he's provided us with some goals but that's it. He's not good enough! Aureillio and Insua are good enough for the position.

Degen: If we could get 3m for him i would sell as well. He's shown he's ok but he's older then johnson i think and we have martin kelly to step up and be back up, so why keep him? No point sell him.

Voronin: If we could get 6m or 4m i would sell. He's done fine for now but he's 30 and we have N'gog and Babel who are adequate back-up for Torres. And Nemeth next year.

Possiblity:

Riera: He's shown he can be top class on his day such as when he played against Villa last season. I do believe he is tired because of the Confed cup and is still finding his feat. But if we get a younger LW to buy then i would sell him. Benayouns nearly 30. Reira's 27 we need someone who's 21 or something.

For me Babel and Lucas shouldn't be sold. There only 22 and can improve. Lucas is improving all the time and is a perfect squad player who has potential to be a handy player in the forthcoming seasons. Babel is much better RW and he has shown desire to play. He's also a good back-up for Torres. These 2 should stay we need to keep mostly the same players.

Who ever we buy it needs to be quality. One player i would love to see at Liverpool who has shown interest in moving away from Real Madrid and is young still is Higuain. He can cover for Torres and Gerrard. He would be a real asset to have. He could also be second striker he links up really good. And say Torres and Gerrard get injured Aquilani could play CAM and Higuain could play ST. Just my thoughts.

Welcome to the forum Tim. Good first post.

Totally agree regarding Dossena and Degen. I think they're the only two who could realistically leave in January. Not to say I think they will though.

The left back spot is just about covered (if you take into consideration Aurelio's injury rate). And the right back position is not so covered but as you say, there's always Kelly. In any case, Agger should hopefully be back very soon and I wouldn't be surprised to see a three at the back with Insua and Johnson helping out if needs be. You just never know with Rafa.

Voronin I think needs to stay for now. We're far too short for reliability up front, so we need options there at least. Might not be reliable but it's best to keep options for attack. Even though I don't think we've got enough!

If it was up to me though, I'd get shut of Riera. In a flash. All he brings is laziness to the table. With the odd flash of trickery when he can be arsed.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #60: Oct 08, 2009 10:46:21 pm
      Welcome to the forum Tim. Good first post.

Totally agree regarding Dossena and Degen. I think they're the only two who could realistically leave in January. Not to say I think they will though.

The left back spot is just about covered (if you take into consideration Aurelio's injury rate). And the right back position is not so covered but as you say, there's always Kelly. In any case, Agger should hopefully be back very soon and I wouldn't be surprised to see a three at the back with Insua and Johnson helping out if needs be. You just never know with Rafa.

Voronin I think needs to stay for now. We're far too short for reliability up front, so we need options there at least. Might not be reliable but it's best to keep options for attack. Even though I don't think we've got enough!

If it was up to me though, I'd get shut of Riera. In a flash. All he brings is laziness to the table. With the odd flash of trickery when he can be arsed.

For me Riera isn't lazy it's just he's not used to playing 90 minutes games he is getting better it'll take time. Reira might be still adapting to PL, not many players take the Torres route hitting the floor running though i do wish that's exactly what Aquilani will do. Voronin i agree keep him, he's played good and intelligently so far from what i've seen. I do believe N'gog could be quite useful in the future especially as he is improving a lot.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #61: Oct 08, 2009 10:48:47 pm
      For me Riera isn't lazy it's just he's not used to playing 90 minutes games he is getting better it'll take time. Reira might be still adapting to PL, not many players take the Torres route hitting the floor running though i do wish that's exactly what Aquilani will do. Voronin i agree keep him, he's played good and intelligently so far from what i've seen. I do believe N'gog could be quite useful in the future especially as he is improving a lot.

I've seen enough of him to make my mind up mate. Just my opinion though. I'm pretty sure Rafa won't be getting rid of Riera this January.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #62: Oct 08, 2009 11:09:31 pm
      We don't need to sell anybody as I'd be surprised if even the bread we bring in from sales will be allowed to be spent on new players.

However there's a (long) list of players I'd be happy to see the back of come the window.

Intandje - he's loaned out right now isn't he? Either way we should just sell him to whichever poor team has taken him on loan.
      David Martin - I like him and I think he's in our Champions League squad but the truth is he's never gonna be a regular at this club.
      Degen - what a poor excuse of a player.
      Dossena - said he was sh*t from his first pre-season games, haven't seen anything to make me change me mind.
      Threlfall - although we went to same school, Frelly is never gonna be our number one (or two for that matter) left back so maybe time to just sell him off for good to a lower league side like we did with Anderson, Hammill and Hobbs.
      El Zhar - again like Martin, I like him as a player but I don't see him replacing Kuyt on the right wing anytime soon and with Yossi as cover I don't see him playing at all, one of the few who could fetch in a few million from some sh*t French side.
      Plessis - long way down the pecking order and what I have seen of him, he doesn't fill me with great confidence and although that match against Arsenal a few seasons back was top notch, he hasn't kicked on enough.
      Riera - liability of a player and the quicker he's sold the happier I'd be.
      Babel - just not good enough for me and after hearing he's only performing to get back into the Dutch squad then he can F***ing do one to Juice FM on a permanent basis.
      Voronin - not good enough, not even as a player to sit on the bench. A centre forward is marked on their goals and he doesn't get enough.

Now I'm not saying flog all in the winter, but if any of them went I wouldn't be losing too much sleep over it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #63: Oct 08, 2009 11:23:41 pm
      Exactly what DLS said.

But IMO, Riera,Voronin and Babel are okay players at the moment. I would only flog them if we can get a quality replacement of their positions e.g. David Silva and David Villa.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #64: Oct 09, 2009 08:44:33 am
      I thought this when we sold keane in January too
      Torres was pretty much over his injuries by then so we didn't miss him we sell Voronin and Torres stays fit and injury free he'll be no loss but if for one reason on another Torres is out and we've sold Voronin would you trust Babel, N'gog and Kuyt to do a good job? (I would like to point out I'm not having a go at anyone I just don't think that they would be either effective enough in that position or in N'gog's case possibly not ready yet)
      N1ce
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #65: Oct 10, 2009 03:43:08 pm
       How about David Beckham ?  :D Bring him back to England, he will take corner instead of Gerrard, and his cross could benefit Torres's aerial ability.
       MU bought Owen, so we should just buy Beckham also   :lmao:
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #66: Oct 10, 2009 03:46:17 pm

I'm going to stick my neck out and say this isn't a bad suggestion.

Ok so he's knocking on a bit but his fitness is top notch and his range of passing is still second to none.

His dead ball ability also speaks for itself.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #67: Oct 10, 2009 03:58:41 pm
      I can see no one leaving bar Voronin or Doss. As for people coming in... Not sure, maybe another striker for cover.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #68: Oct 10, 2009 04:03:24 pm
      err Why do we surely have to sale Babel? and what bout that verorin, is he a player from our academies? never heard of him

Becos Babel runs owt ov road and krashes in2 peeple.

Veronica scores good gols in Tooloose. Serves with the Werder Bremen tank division.

(Mee left skool at 3 and nevr lookd bak )

Quick Reply